Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 12:35:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beautiful Arlington?  (Read 8004 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »

BSmeter

I know you're wrong because I saw the King Tut exhibit for free.

I can't find extra exhibit pricing right now for the Art Inst., they may not have any special exhibitions right now. I know I had to pay extra for a Warhol exhibition a number of years back, and extra for a special Impressionist exhibition.

The ticket levels for the Mus. of Science and Industry. No need for all these different choices if it's all one price!

Step 2: Select An Event To Attend

You can always add additional tickets later!
Event Tickets

General Admission
    General Admission + Grand Canyon Adventure
    General Admission + Dinosaurs Alive! Omnimax
    General Admission + The Glass Experience
    General Admission + The Glass Experience + Grand Canyon Adventure
    General Admission + The Glass Experience + Dinosaurs Alive! Omnimax
    General Admission + Smart Home: Green + Wired

The Shedd seems to have simply jacked up its prices a ton, and made a "day pass". No more $6 general admission just to see the aquarium fish!

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/ticketprices.html

The Field Museum Pricing, indicating its costs extra to get in extra events, just like it has ever since I lived in Illinois:

Gold Pass | Platinum Pass | Diamond Pass | General Admission | Membership | Field Museum Free Days | Advance Tickets | On-line Tickets

Gold Pass

The Gold Pass entitles you entry into Nature Unleashed, Mythic Creatures, OR Underground Adventure, plus SUE, Evolving Planet, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

Gold Pass Pricing

Regular Admission    Chicago Admission*
Adults    $22.00    $20.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $12.00    $11.00
Students
(With ID)    $19.00    $18.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $19.00    $18.00

* In recognition of the significant support they give to the Museum through local property taxes, Chicago residents receive a discount on admission. Proof of residency is required.

See more ticket options ↓

Platinum Pass

The Platinum Pass entitles you entry into any TWO special exhibitions: Nature Unleashed, Mythic Creatures AND Underground Adventure, plus SUE, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

Platinum Pass Pricing

Adults    $28.00    $25.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $15.00    $14.00
Students
(With ID)    $25.00    $24.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $25.00    $24.00

* In recognition of the significant support they give to the Museum through local property taxes, Chicago residents receive a discount on admission. Proof of residency is required.

Platinum Pass

The Diamond Pass entitles you entry into ALL THREE special exhibitions: Nature Unleashed, Mythic Creatures AND Underground Adventure, plus SUE, Evolving Planet, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

Platinum Pass Pricing

Adults    $33.00    $30.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $17.00    $16.00
Students
(With ID)    $30.00    $29.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $30.00    $29.00

General Admission

General Admission entitles you entry into the Museum, which includes SUE, Evolving Planet, George Washington Carver, Re-presenting The Migration, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

General Admission Pricing

Adults    $14.00    $12.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $9.00    $8.00
Students
(With ID)    $11.00    $10.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $11.00    $10.00

Report to moderator   Logged
edwarren

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »

I can't find extra exhibit pricing right now for the Art Inst., they may not have any special exhibitions right now. I know I had to pay extra for a Warhol exhibition a number of years back, and extra for a special Impressionist exhibition.

The ticket levels for the Mus. of Science and Industry. No need for all these different choices if it's all one price!

Step 2: Select An Event To Attend

You can always add additional tickets later!
Event Tickets

General Admission
    General Admission + Grand Canyon Adventure
    General Admission + Dinosaurs Alive! Omnimax
    General Admission + The Glass Experience
    General Admission + The Glass Experience + Grand Canyon Adventure
    General Admission + The Glass Experience + Dinosaurs Alive! Omnimax
    General Admission + Smart Home: Green + Wired

The Shedd seems to have simply jacked up its prices a ton, and made a "day pass". No more $6 general admission just to see the aquarium fish!

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/ticketprices.html

The Field Museum Pricing, indicating its costs extra to get in extra events, just like it has ever since I lived in Illinois:

Gold Pass | Platinum Pass | Diamond Pass | General Admission | Membership | Field Museum Free Days | Advance Tickets | On-line Tickets

Gold Pass

The Gold Pass entitles you entry into Nature Unleashed, Mythic Creatures, OR Underground Adventure, plus SUE, Evolving x, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

Gold Pass Pricing

Adults    $22.00    $20.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $12.00    $11.00
Students
(With ID)    $19.00    $18.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $19.00    $18.00

See more ticket options ↓

Platinum Pass

The Platinum Pass entitles you entry into any TWO special exhibitions: Nature Unleashed, Mythic Creatures AND Underground Adventure, plus SUE, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

Platinum Pass Pricing

Adults    $28.00    $25.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $15.00    $14.00
Students
(With ID)    $25.00    $24.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $25.00    $24.00

Platinum Pass

The Diamond Pass entitles you entry into ALL THREE special exhibitions: Nature Unleashed, Mythic Creatures AND Underground Adventure, plus SUE, Evolving x, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

Platinum Pass Pricing

Adults    $33.00    $30.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $17.00    $16.00
Students
(With ID)    $30.00    $29.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $30.00    $29.00

General Admission

General Admission entitles you entry into the Museum, which includes SUE, Evolving x, George Washington Carver, Re-presenting The Migration, and Inside Ancient Egypt as well as exhibitions on many different cultures, mammals, birds, gems, minerals, and plants!

General Admission Pricing

Adults    $14.00    $12.00
Children
(ages 4-11)    $9.00    $8.00
Students
(With ID)    $11.00    $10.00
Seniors
(age 65+)    $11.00    $10.00

Is this an advertised Bill of Fare?
What is this?

Whatever these promotional "marketings" mean
I told you

I SAW THE KING TUT EXHIBIT FOR FREE.

Jeez.

General Powell

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2008, 12:06:10 PM »

Yes it is, just as is your claim that it's beautiful. My claim is based on my personal visits to the track. All of my opinions about various tracks are based on the fact that I've visited them in person. My Del Park visits were a few years ago.

Delaware Park is a very old track that was not well maintained for many years. The outside facade is big slabs on concrete. I doubt it was "beautiful" even when it was new. It has a rickety old wood roof that needs paint, and it's full of pigeons. Entire rows of seats simply fell down and were removed, leaving big blank sections of concrete. They have slowly been renovation portions of the park, but still the only part that's beautiful is the paddock/walking ring, IMHO. And, when you visit in person, you'll be part of a very, very small horse crowd.   

Beautiful Delaware Park?

It looks like the stadium the Rockford Peaches played in  in the Tom Hanks movie about the all American Girls baseball league, "a League of Their Own"  Makes Hawthorne look like the Taj Mahal!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »

This time I will ask you to point out where I did not admit to the good things ILLINOIS has going for it.

Any post you made in this thread.

Whenever I mentioned something bad about IL it was ponted out how bad Indiana is but no one admits that what I pointed out about IL was actually bad. Who is not being the man here the person who won't admit I am right about the wrongs I have ponted out

You have pointed out things you don't like, such as higher taxes. That's all. That's not a "wrong", it's merely your opinion. If you didn't spend so much of your time pointing out things you don't like about Illinois, and exhibiting your bulging peorias envy, you'd never read a word back about Indiana, because, quite frankly, no one has any real interest in anything at all about Indiana, except the big race on Memorial Day weekend. No one here starts anti-Indiana threads out of the blue, because no one cares.

or the people who have yet to provide proof that I have beliitled everything about IL.

You haven't got around to EVERYTHING yet. It's a big state.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »

What is this?

It's the pricing to get into the various museums from their websites, indicating there are extra prices for special exhibits, just like Moon and I told you there were.

I told you

Maybe not all special exhibits cost extra, or maybe it was a long, long time ago, before I lived there. What year was it you saw King Tut? When Steve Martin sang the song on SNL? Or the more recent tour? How long has  it been since you came into Chicago and visited one of the museums?
edwarren

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »

That's your OPINION !

Todays' featured race at BEAUTIFUL DELAWARE PARK is named:

are you sitting down:

THE BEAUTIFUL DAY STAKES !!!!!!

and OUR BEAUTIFUL WEATHER BUREAU SAID IT'S GOING TO THUNDERSTORM BEAUTIFULLY TODAY ON BEAUTIFUL DELAWARE PARK  THE BEAUTIFUL HOME OF THE "BEAUTIFUL DAY STAKES" WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO GET BUSY HANDICAPPING IN MY TYPICALLY BEAUTIFUL WAY !!!!!!

IS THAT OKAY WITH YOUSE ALL !?

Steve Martin? Who is he?

THE KING TUT EXHIBIT ! When was it??   Last year?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:30:00 PM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2008, 12:16:55 PM »

Beautiful Delaware Park?

It looks like the stadium the Rockford Peaches played in  in the Tom Hanks movie about the all American Girls baseball league, "a League of Their Own"

Ha!  Cheesy
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »

What is this?

Whatever these promotional "marketings" mean
I told you

Jeez.

I don't how you did that. I was a member and I had to pay $10. Everybody else paid $30 and they were steamed at how poor it was. I was ticked and I only paid $10. Lamest exhibit ever.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:49:07 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

If you cannot prove something you should not post it to make your point.I did not bring politics into this you are and from the looks of your answer you cannot admit it was wrong to post what you did.Sounds kinda like I did not have sex with that girl !

I've heard YOU were a racist. Prove you aren't.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2008, 12:53:28 PM »

You are correct and that is what I posted in response to MOON.He should have made the other person prove he was not make a mistake and post he was not.

I asked for proof MANY times, after every time they claimed that Obama was a racist. None was produced. EVER. Maybe you should go back and re-read that thread.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:01:01 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »

Steve Martin? Who is he?

THE KING TUT EXHIBIT ! When was it??   Last year?

So obviously you mean the most recent King Tut exhibit, not the big original splashy one years ago.

It's interesting, all the remaining pages on the Field website seem to indicate there was an extra charge for that. Did you jump the turnstile edwarren?

http://www.fieldmuseum.org/tut/exhibition.asp

and

"Admission to Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs requires a timed-entry ticket that must be purchased in combination with General Admission to the Museum. To ensure that you can enter the exhibition at your preferred date and time, we recommend reserving tickets in advance"

http://www.fieldmuseum.org/tut/planvisit.asp 
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2008, 01:00:01 PM »

He JUMPED THE TURNSILE!!! OMG! edwarren is Batman!!!

/You'd have to be, because they had more security at the King Tut exhibit than Arlington has on Million Day.
edwarren

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 01:12:06 PM »

/You'd have to be, because they had more security at the King Tut exhibit than Arlington has on Million Day.

More like Indiana Jones !
edwarren

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »

(I got the "hots" for this Nazi chick.)

edwarren

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008, 01:29:55 PM »

No. I whipped the gate girl into giving me a freebie.

whaddya think?

Frankly fellas, the mystery of the "pass" is a long story.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:34:03 PM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »

It's merely an expression.

But if you are, a rascist, please come out and say so.

There's no need beating around the bush, keeping us in suspense

I was about to say "we're all friends here." but you might very well counter "how do you know we are that (freinds) for all I know, I suppose.

Beside the point. Are we?

I think so.The best fights / arguments occur among friends.
NIATROSS

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2008, 02:02:01 PM »

Any post you made in this thread.

You would be wrong on this point.The very first post I made in this thread I posted AP had one of the finest turf coures in N.A.

You have pointed out things you don't like, such as higher taxes. That's all. That's not a "wrong", it's merely your opinion. If you didn't spend so much of your time pointing out things you don't like about Illinois, and exhibiting your bulging peorias envy, you'd never read a word back about Indiana, because, quite frankly, no one has any real interest in anything at all about Indiana, except the big race on Memorial Day weekend. No one here starts anti-Indiana threads out of the blue, because no one cares.

You haven't got around to EVERYTHING yet. It's a big state.

You are right it is only my opinion about the higher taxes and I see you are not man enough to admit that higher taxes are not a good thing when the rest of the country does quite well with lower.

NIATROSS

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2008, 02:05:18 PM »

I've heard YOU were a racist. Prove you aren't.

I have already posted on another thread that I and IMO everyone is to a certain degree,Based on what I have just seen in this thread alone (hicks in indiana) on this forum other people have already proved my point.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2008, 02:22:49 PM »

I have already posted on another thread that I and IMO everyone is to a certain degree,Based on what I have just seen in this thread alone (hicks in indiana) on this forum other people have already proved my point.

All right. Prove the Rush Limbaugh isn't a racist. Prove that Mother Teresa wasn't. Pick whoever you want. You won't be able to prove it. It's not possible to prove a negative.

/Hicks are a race?
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »

because, quite frankly, no one has any real interest in anything at all about Indiana, except the big race on Memorial Day weekend.

I thought the Indiana Derby was after Memorial Day weekend.
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2008, 02:31:46 PM »

Steve Martin? Who is he?

A very good handicapper, thanked/acknowledged in the bibliography for (I believe) Kinky Handicapping by Mark Cramer.
NIATROSS

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2008, 02:44:18 PM »

All right. Prove the Rush Limbaugh isn't a racist. Prove that Mother Teresa wasn't. Pick whoever you want. You won't be able to prove it. It's not possible to prove a negative.

/Hicks are a race?

Like I said people's racism comes out in their posts !
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »

I'll ask it another way: What race are hicks?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2008, 02:48:23 PM »

You are right it is only my opinion about the higher taxes and I see you are not man enough to admit that higher taxes are not a good thing when the rest of the country does quite well with lower.

They even out. In this state I'm in now, there's no sales tax. Wow! That's low! That's way better than Illinois!

Unfortunately, the income and property taxes are far higher. Oh no! That's real bad!

I don't know the overall total tax burden in Illinois compared to the rest of the country, and quite frankly, I don't care. There, I manned up.

It's where I live, the taxes are what they are, and I take advantage of the things those taxes pay for, like nice libraries and museums and parks and schools and a nice State owned Sox ballpark and a mass transit system that will get me almost anywhere I want to go without taking my car out of the garage. If you feel the need to justify where you would live anyhow, go right ahead. It's obvious you have quite a inferiority complex about it, the way you go on and on. I don't really care. The only use I have ever found for Indiana (besides the few years I went to the Indy 500) is driving through it from one interesting place to another. Much like Wisconsin, it's just in the way (but at least Wisconsin has Summerfest and Door County and breweries). Indianapolis has truly earned its nickname as "Roadblock of the Nation".
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2008, 02:49:53 PM »

/Hicks are a race?

I don't think they're quite human. More like a species.

Except of course for our hostess from Indiana, Janine.  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: