Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 07:28:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beautiful Arlington?  (Read 7877 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »

where is Ross and the Black Hole when you need him

He must have been talking to mottoman.
Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »

Which is precisely why you get pilloried here: you hate everything about Chicago and Illinois, you say, but your proximity to us allows you to suck on our state's economic teat for your sustenance. Oh...you're OK with that.  Roll Eyes

If you want to be taken seriously, end the duplicity and reject any and all income and revenue derived from Illinois sources -- then we might believe the anti-Illinois bit.

I suggest you get some help for your anger management and your comprehension.Show me where I said " I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT CHICAGO AND ILLINOIS " .If you cannot do so please don't be like Moon and runaway and hide from the question just be a man and admit when you are wrong.What I have said repeatedly and I am really surprised you could not comprehend it was I hated all Chicago sports teams.I also stated at all costs I would do anything to keep them from getting any of my money.What I have said to someone who posts on BTW that I was considering buying HAWKS tickets now that OLD MAN WIRTZ is dead if he wanted to split them with me.I have also railed on about the racing in IL and what the tracks owners have done to racing and the people who support the tracks.If you think the owners of your sports teams and your tracks are among the best you would surely be in the minority.You must also have  other issues which need to be addressed.You seem to have a real hard time accepting any criticism especially about your beloved state.Someday when you grow up and become a man you will learn to accept the criticism and admit some of it maybe right and learn from it.

No CLOCKERTERRY I have no envy of Chicago or Illinois and am free to choose to enjoy the good from it when I want and avoid the bad also.If either of you are not man enough to admit the bad I have pointed out the last couple of yrs I can't help you.
edwarren

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2008, 12:01:17 PM »

Prices of admission for Chicago Museums:

Shedd Acquarium - $24.99 for adults, $17.99 for Kids
Adler Plantearium - $10.00 for adults, $6.00 for kids
Field Museum - $22.00 for adults, $12.00 for kids
Peggy Notebeart Nature Museum - $9.00 for adults, $6 for kids
Chicago Childrens Museum - $9 per person
Musuem of Science and Industry - $13 for adults, $9.00 for kids
Art Insititute of Chicago - $12.00 for adults, $9.00 for kids.

Price of admission for Arlington Park
$7 for adults ($6 if purchased online), free for kids (under 17).

Sorry, I know it is higher than normal for racetrack, but as an entertainment option in Chicago, Arlington is still a great deal.

Many of the "entertainment options" you highlighted are "or optional donation" for many of our poorer, indigent neighbors.

Plus A Chgo Library Card will get you a library pass into many of them for FREE within a specific use period.

Of course you'll find the lately more than occassional A$$hole (nothing personal) who feel anytime any one "unworthy" person gets something free or near free (like health insurance), a darling angel in heaven loses its virginity.

How about this:

Compare -

Beautiful Delaware Park
Always FREE admission
Always Free Parking
Always Free shuttle.

w 2.500 slot machines  = non-stop gaming action

Comng soon - Golf Course.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:03:06 PM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2008, 12:08:26 PM »

I suggest you get some help for your anger management and your comprehension.Show me where I said " I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT CHICAGO AND ILLINOIS " .If you cannot do so please don't be like Moon and runaway and hide from the question just be a man and admit when you are wrong.What I have said repeatedly and I am really surprised you could not comprehend it was I hated all Chicago sports teams.I also stated at all costs I would do anything to keep them from getting any of my money.What I have said to someone who posts on BTW that I was considering buying HAWKS tickets now that OLD MAN WIRTZ is dead if he wanted to split them with me.I have also railed on about the racing in IL and what the tracks owners have done to racing and the people who support the tracks.If you think the owners of your sports teams and your tracks are among the best you would surely be in the minority.You must also have  other issues which need to be addressed.You seem to have a real hard time accepting any criticism especially about your beloved state.Someday when you grow up and become a man you will learn to accept the criticism and admit some of it maybe right and learn from it.

No CLOCKERTERRY I have no envy of Chicago or Illinois and am free to choose to enjoy the good from it when I want and avoid the bad also.If either of you are not man enough to admit the bad I have pointed out the last couple of yrs I can't help you.

What are YOU talking about? Don't drag me into this, and don't make up stuff. If you can show ONE place where I ever ran away from any question on this web site, please do. Otherwise, STFU.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2008, 12:13:18 PM »

Many of the "entertainment options" you highlighted are "or optional donation" for many of our poorer, indigent neighbors.

Plus A Chgo Library Card will get you a library pass into many of them for FREE within a specific use period.

That "free pass" from the Library doesn't work all that well. It gets you in the door for free, but if you want to see anything, you have pay up big time. 

Little known fact. It's actually cheaper to buy an annual membership, even if you only use it once or twice. A single annual membership for the Art Institute costs $70 and one person and a guest can get in and see all the special exhibits, etc. Regular cost is $12 for an adult and the special exhibits usual run about $10. For two people, that's $48 right there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:17:55 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »

What are YOU talking about? Don't drag me into this, and don't make up stuff. If you can show ONE place where I ever ran away from any question on this web site, please do. Otherwise, STFU.

Did you or did you not post that OBAMA was not a racist on BTW ?

When I pressed you for proof you provided none saying it was in response to someone else's post.I pushed the issue and you have provided no proof to prove OBAMA is not a racist.You have also not admitted you were wrong to print he was not you just ran from and hid from the issue.

Is this one place good enough for you ? Now either admit you were wrong to post what you did about OBAMA or provide the proof or STFU !
edwarren

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 12:16:58 PM »

That "free pass" from the Library doesn't work all that well. It gets you in the door for free, but if you want to see anything, you have pay up big time. 

Since when?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »

When I pressed you for proof you provided none saying it was in response to someone else's post.I pushed the issue and you have provided no proof to prove OBAMA is not a racist.You have also not admitted you were wrong to print he was not you just ran from and hid from the issue.

Is this one place good enough for you ? Now either admit you were wrong to post what you did about OBAMA or provide the proof or STFU !

No, I responded to others who said OBAMA IS A RACIST. And as I said to you "You can't prove a negative". It's not my responsibility to prove that Obama isn't a racist - first, because that's impossible, second, because I didn't bring it up, I only responded to others. But you know that, and you're just being Rush Limbaugh-y about it.

Here I am, answering YOU AGAIN. Are you satisfied yet?

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »

Every state has bad associated with it. All have good things to counterbalance them, or people wouldn't live there. You're not man enough to admit to all the good things about Illinois that entice 9 million people to live in Chicagoland alone, as opposed to the 6 million in the whole hick state of Indiana. It's made your anti-Illinois rants a running joke on the forum.

Are you really selling fireworks for a living?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 12:24:46 PM »

Since when?

This has been going on for a long time. You have to pay extra, for example, for all those ticketed special exhibits at the Field Museum. They are $5-10 each and there's usually about 3-4 of them going on at one time. You CAN see a lot of the regular exhibits that aren't ticketed, but that's not what most people go there to see. King Tut was $30 by itself!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 12:25:40 PM »

How about this:

Compare -

Beautiful Delaware Park
Always FREE admission
Always Free Parking
Always Free shuttle.

w 2.500 slot machines  = non-stop gaming action

Comng soon - Golf Course.

Always 4 people playing horses. And oh, by the way, except for the paddock/walking ring, it's not so beautiful.
NIATROSS

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »

No, I responded to others who said OBAMA IS A RACIST. And as I said to you "You can't prove a negative". It's not my responsibility to prove that Obama isn't a racist - first, because that's impossible, second, because I didn't bring it up, I only responded to others. But you know that, and you're just being Rush Limbaugh-y about it.

Here I am, answering YOU AGAIN. Are you satisfied yet?

If you cannot prove something you should not post it to make your point.I did not bring politics into this you are and from the looks of your answer you cannot admit it was wrong to post what you did.Sounds kinda like I did not have sex with that girl !
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »

When I pressed you for proof you provided none saying it was in response to someone else's post.I pushed the issue and you have provided no proof to prove OBAMA is not a racist.

Usually, it's up to the person making a charge of racism (or any unknown charge) to provide proof. You don't just get to say, "He is", and then make the other side prove he isn't.
edwarren

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »

I know he's not because I'm personally acquainted with him.
edwarren

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »

This has been going on for a long time. You have to pay extra, for example, for all those ticketed special exhibits at the Field Museum. They are $5-10 each and there's usually about 3-4 of them going on at one time. You CAN see a lot of the regular exhibits that aren't ticketed, but that's not what most people go there to see. King Tut was $30 by itself!

How long of a time?
edwarren

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »

Always 4 people playing horses. And oh, by the way, except for the paddock/walking ring, it's not so beautiful.

That's your opinion.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2008, 12:38:36 PM »

How long of a time?

That stuff has been going on forever, at the Field and elsewhere. Special exhibits at the Art Inst. cost extra. The whale/dolphin show at the aquarium costs extra. Various exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry cost extra.
NIATROSS

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2008, 12:39:34 PM »

Every state has bad associated with it. All have good things to counterbalance them, or people wouldn't live there. You're not man enough to admit to all the good things about Illinois that entice 9 million people to live in Chicagoland alone, as opposed to the 6 million in the whole hick state of Indiana. It's made your anti-Illinois rants a running joke on the forum.

Are you really selling fireworks for a living?

This time I will ask you to point out where I did not admit to the good things ILLINOIS has going for it.Whenever I mentioned something bad about IL it was ponted out how bad Indiana is but no one admits that what I pointed out about IL was actually bad.Who is not being the man here the person who won't admit I am right about the wrongs I have ponted out or the people who have yet to provide proof that I have beliitled everything about IL.If you or anyone can prove I have I will admit I am wrong as I have done before if not I would expect you and the others to do the same.

I have had a stake in the fireworks business for over 35 yrs.The gross per item has gone down when it as made legal in IN buit the volume more than makes up for it.
NIATROSS

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »

Usually, it's up to the person making a charge of racism (or any unknown charge) to provide proof. You don't just get to say, "He is", and then make the other side prove he isn't.

You are correct and that is what I posted in response to MOON.He should have made the other person prove he was not make a mistake and post he was not.

edwarren

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »

That stuff has been going on forever, at the Field and elsewhere. Special exhibits at the Art Inst. cost extra. The whale/dolphin show at the aquarium costs extra. Various exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry cost extra.

BSmeter

I know you're wrong because I saw the King Tut exhibit for free.
edwarren

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »

I'm personally aquainted with Barack Obama and I know he's not rascist any more or less than you are.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »

That's your opinion.

Yes it is, just as is your claim that it's beautiful. My claim is based on my personal visits to the track. All of my opinions about various tracks are based on the fact that I've visited them in person. My Del Park visits were a few years ago.

Delaware Park is a very old track that was not well maintained for many years. The outside facade is big slabs on concrete. I doubt it was "beautiful" even when it was new. It has a rickety old wood roof that needs paint, and it's full of pigeons. Entire rows of seats simply fell down and were removed, leaving big blank sections of concrete. They have slowly been renovation portions of the park, but still the only part that's beautiful is the paddock/walking ring, IMHO. And, when you visit in person, you'll be part of a very, very small horse crowd.   

edwarren

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »

That's your opinion.

NIATROSS

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2008, 12:48:57 PM »

I'm personally aquainted with Barack Obama and I know he's not rascist any more or less than you are.

How would you know to what extent of a racist I am or am not ?
edwarren

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 12:57:22 PM »

It's merely an expression.

But if you are, a rascist, please come out and say so.

There's no need beating around the bush, keeping us in suspense

I was about to say "we're all friends here." but you might very well counter "how do you know we are that (freinds) for all I know, I suppose.

Beside the point. Are we?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: