Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 11:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prairie State Festival  (Read 569 times)
General Powell

« on: June 14, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »

I think I have found where AP could find money to increase the purse for the Million. Next Saturday AP has 6 100K stakes races for Ill Bred/foal horses. Exactly 3 entries have had races at Fairmount. The rest race normally at AP and Hawthorne. One race had 9 nominations; another 11. I hear the Illinois owners always complain about lousy purses, then when a day is dedicated to Illinois Bred/Foal horses, they respond by staying away. Betting numbers will be down next Saturday as bettors outside of Illinois will have no interest in state restricted races with small fields.  Next year, either drop the races, or lower the purses, as obviously the locals are all talk and no action!!
Report to moderator   Logged
mj

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »

I am not from this state originally.   I have only been here 4 years.   From what I have seen with the quality of IL bred horses, does show me I am not in Kentucky.   I have basically stayed away races that are restricted to IL bred.   This might be one of the reasons horseracing is not a booming industry here.
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:34:14 AM »

Well Gen. first of all they are really 75k races and  100k IF the horse is both IL bred and foal in IL.
Second one of the reasons the fields are thin is because the number of Illinois foals, especially those by IL sires is not all that large to begin with. having these types of races are some of the only perks you can get with IL foals. Reducing the purses or dropping the races would only make matter worse. if anything the purses should be higher and maybe more horses would be dropped here in IL. Until purses do go up what incentive is there to foal horses here? I have 4 mares, one is in foal for the first time, but the other 3 all had foals here in IL last year. Next year only one of the 4 will foal here in IL. one will foal in KY and the other 2 in FL. I am tired of waiting for promises here to be kept that things are going to improve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: