Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 10:25:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Yum Derby"  (Read 2456 times)
David

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2006, 10:01:42 AM »

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060201/20060131006350.html?.v=1

The "yum" derby, sort of though that an national institution wouldn't be for sale like this, the poster art is especially sad.
Report to moderator   Logged
TommyCh

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:25:40 PM »

Looks like CDI gave in to the Yum marketing people in the presentation and appearance of the signage. There's a name for this: prostitution. From a company that sells the worst food known to society.

The Kentucky Derby might be an old race, but it has been a foolish race for at least the last few years. Too many entries with few horses/trainers able to even prep for it properly. Derby Friday is a better day of racing and The Breeders Cup is best of all. Wait until they start painting logos on the sides of the horses.

Anybody up for a futures pool on which corporation Arlington in pimped out to?
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »

Hope they don't combine horseracing and Long John Silvers into the slogan  'Somethings Fishy!'  Wink
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »

what about Kentucky Derby and secret recipe
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:01:02 PM »

This has to be a joke.

War Admiral, Burgooking, Secretariat & Pizza Hut.

Mama sell my eyes, cause I done seen it all now.

-RSR
edwarren

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 04:13:38 PM »

I'll have an order of "Buckpassers" please.

You saw video of the Bullfight? Bull leaped into the gallery and mauled the crowd in Mexico.

I don't like people being hurt or animals being purposefully tormented and provoked. All bloodsports should be outlawed internationally and that included boxing, my opinion. Bullfighting is illegal in Catalonia, now and i THINK fox-hunting is illegal in UK. Bullfighting should be illegal in Mexico, too. Spaniards, (if you are from Mexico City you will pronounce them "Spaniels" and no malice intended, but anyway) a lot of people in mexico City think they are from more spanish than mexican! and I suppose Spain, who has tremendous business investment in Mexico probably think it's ok to have bullfighting in the "colonies." Sad.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »

You saw video of the Bullfight? Bull leaped into the gallery and mauled the crowd in Mexico.

That was great. Just jumped right up into the stands. One of the great videos, along with the Randy Johnson fastball that exploded a gull.

My vote for new AP corporate name is "Peter Piper Park". Of course, you'd have to eat that pizza. You could rename the races, too. The "Beverly Cheese". The "Arlington Million and One Toppings". The "Secretarys Special".
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 11:42:12 PM »

Athough I dont say ""yum"" When eating KFC...
Horse racing got a MAJOR boost with this...Look,The game is slowly passing away...This has to be a good thing...
Rememer Enron Park??...lol

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
David

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 07:26:34 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/output/lazare/cst-fin-lew02.html

Appearantly they sold it on the cheap as well, and they are going to string a banner between the twinspires with yum on it.

This is really a sad event.

The only thing I can think of that might make sense is if this is some ploy to get the legislature to approve the slots they want down there with the were so strapped we had to sell Kentuckys heritage to a fast food company
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »

Yum! Brands.  Hope for them they don't get confused in Pittsburgh and think they meant 'gum bands, aka 'gumbans' - Pittsburghese for Rubber Bands.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 10:50:49 AM by Stat Man Steve » Report to moderator   Logged
TommyCh

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 11:24:06 AM »

You could also argue about the sponsorship that pervades the Breeders Cup, but they seem to be so much more tasteful about it.

So Churchill Downs basically just cruised an industrial park for a $20 trick in the back seat.

So what do we do? Boycott the Derby? I can't boycott Yum brands because I don't eat that crap anyway.
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 12:52:39 PM »

Yay drunks with gas from taco bell.  Oh hell, if there's a KFC there's biscuits, if there's biscuits, I'm happy. 

Yeah, edwarren, what's up with banning bloodsports?  Racing is a bloodsport when you got a trainer who juices them up, and sends them out knowing somethings gonna go at any given second.  Fox hunting, damn an essential equestrian sport.  I do it here, 'cept I chase dogs.  I'm so pissed they are outlawing all this, next thing they're trying is to outlawing cropping and docking on dogs, seriously thinking of practicing veterinary medicine to chop off my dogs' ears.  An adorable show crop of course.  Ever see a Dobie with uncropped ears and a tail?  Well, you'd have wished they did it up cause you'd be getting ripped a new ***hole by that cute hound you tried to make freinds with.  Not saying anything bad bout Dobie temperaments, they are some good dogs.  Just think about all those BS laws and how they'll affect people. 
edwarren

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 01:12:27 PM »

There are problems with racing. I never said otherwise. But intentionally provoking and tormenting an animal to DEATH, and that is bullfighting, is entirely different, to my mind.

I know you encourage these debates and you are not a gambler, and if you would please, keep me from choking on chalk, much appreciated.

edwarren

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 01:50:28 PM »

Yay drunks with gas from taco bell.  Oh hell, if there's a KFC there's biscuits, if there's biscuits, I'm happy. 

Yeah, edwarren, what's up with banning bloodsports?  Racing is a bloodsport when you got a trainer who juices them up, and sends them out knowing somethings gonna go at any given second.  Fox hunting, damn an essential equestrian sport.  I do it here, 'cept I chase dogs.  I'm so pissed they are outlawing all this, next thing they're trying is to outlawing cropping and docking on dogs, seriously thinking of practicing veterinary medicine to chop off my dogs' ears.  An adorable show crop of course.  Ever see a Dobie with uncropped ears and a tail?  Well, you'd have wished they did it up cause you'd be getting ripped a new ***hole by that cute hound you tried to make freinds with.  Not saying anything bad bout Dobie temperaments, they are some good dogs.  Just think about all those BS laws and how they'll affect people. 

"I'm so pissed they are outlawing all this." What's that mean? I think I know, I too believe people are overreaching with dog legislation, but I oppose dog, chicken, whatever bloodsports. If you fight dogs, you should get what you deserve, just like the folks in the gallery at the bullfight.

By the way,
You need to see a doctor if you think what's below evenly remotely resembles horse racing:

http://www.lostgeneration.com/article6.htm
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 03:38:51 PM »

You need to learn how to read.  When I said I was pissed, I meant ENglad with thier cropping laws, and now they are trying to include docking.  Even foxhunting.  Did I say I participate in dog fighting?  Unless exhibiting dogs in AKC sanctioned shows is dog fighting, you are sorely mistaken.  Let's not forget health and temperament testing.  I disagree with the sport of dog fighting, and it's really sad that ignorants nowadays will take these beautiful animals and participate and innocent people have a chance of being killed due to thier greed.  Who suffers?  The dogs and thier reputations.  Now THAT is wrong.  Don't spew your animal rights BS at me, that makes me ill.  One sport goes to another, and another, and if it were up to AR wackos, there would be no horse racing.  Here's a site for you, enjoy.

www.PETA-SUCKS.com

It truely is the equivalent of ignorant trainers who butcher horses because they don't know thier ass from a hole in the ground.  Also the owners who disagree and constantly question experienced trainers, or who are too cheap to pay day rate, then go get thier trainer's lisence.  The only ones suffering are the horses.  Why do you think trainers so appreciate owners who pay, visit the horses, watch important works, then smile for the camera, no scandals, no getting involved in any other way or questioning thier methods?  Why do they appreciate it?  So they can do thier job.  HELLO.  Talk to me when you've mucked a few thousand stalls, groomed a few thousand horses, go breezing around a track, get on a goofy SOB in the gate, yeah, talk to me then.
edwarren

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 03:52:29 PM »

"one sport goes to another, and another"

What do you mean?
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 04:42:23 PM »

I mean, they try to put regulations on these ancient sports to make them more humane, or not as "cruel."  Humane is human like, well animals are animals.  I don't feel like giving a speech right now, but if you think I'm a dog fighter or participate in puppymilling practices, you're wrong.  I just completely disagree with all these laws they are trying to put in place. 
edwarren

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 05:03:20 PM »

I mean, they try to put regulations on these ancient sports to make them more humane, or not as "cruel."  Humane is human like, well animals are animals.  I don't feel like giving a speech right now, but if you think I'm a dog fighter or participate in puppymilling practices, you're wrong.  I just completely disagree with all these laws they are trying to put in place. 

Ok, no speechmaking. Could you answer me a question? Are you from the country or a country-person, you know agriculture, or is/was your familly? I know country attitude toward animals is markedly different from city.

One point, I'm sorry I must make and you can tell me to go to hell, ok, but dating from the year 1500, where it was observed to have been used, and so since, the word 'humane" has been associated with compassion, sympathy, and consideration for both humans AND animals. Bullfighting is bullsh*t, an extreme example of cruelty and should be banned. I don't know about dogs, but as i said, some talk seems extreme to me, granted.
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 10:10:40 AM »

I grew up on a dairy farm that had world CH. P.O.A.'s(pony of the americas) and some Quarter Horses that went on to make some nice names for themselves.  I am now in the sport of exhibiting dogs, and horse racing of course.  I don't think where I was raised has any bearing on my views on THIS particular topic.  Other topics, yes I know for a fact it does.  Like castrating bullcalves with a jack knife, yeah, you might think that's cruel, but have you ever been charged by an unruly bull calf?  Probably not. Wink  How about butchering chickens?  Deer hunting?  Slaughtering beef?  You aren't a vegetarian are you?  I never said I agree with bullfighting, it's an old sport, but think about this, the running of the bulls in Spain?  IS that "humane?"  No, more often than not, they are frightened and frustrated, terrified.  Horse racing, dog racing, showing gaited horses(soring) how about *** fighting(yeah that's a given)  THe point I"m trying to make is that if you're going to scream NO NO NO to one thing, just watch the ground you're treading on, you know like standing outside the paddock and making your way to the window.  People are quick to judge, yet seem hypocritical when viewed from another perspective.  Horse racing is my truest love and greatest passion, to me it's the most beautiful thing there is, if I have to sit quietly and watch bulls fight to watch my sport continue, I will. 
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 06:54:24 PM »

Maybe they will put "Kentucky Derby" toy horses in the kids meal.  How about some famous jockey action figures.   Grin
APtommy

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 11:15:31 PM »

This explains it, Yum reported for the quarter and beat estimates, probably figured good time to blow a bunch of advetising money and throw a big party.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060206/bs_nm/leisure_yumbrands_earns_dc

Is it true they are going to have a Col. Sanders lookalike playing the bugle?
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 11:38:24 PM »

This explains it, Yum reported for the quarter and beat estimates, probably figured good time to blow a bunch of advetising money and throw a big party.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060206/bs_nm/leisure_yumbrands_earns_dc

Is it true they are going to have a Col. Sanders lookalike playing the bugle?

No they'll have a Col. Sanders lookalike farting like a bugler after eating his own recipe..... maroon
off stride

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »

the kentucky fried derby
TommyCh

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 12:42:35 PM »

And Mariachis will entertain you at tableside.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 05:38:48 PM »

The sun shines bright on Kentucky Fried hoooooooome,

maroon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: