Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 02:23:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Mcclellan (Bush's most loyal political aide for 7 years) tells the truth!  (Read 8168 times)
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »

Carter was and is and unwiped a__ H____!  He did in fact attack Iran in a failed attempt to free the hostages.
He is and was not only a peanut  farmer but also a peanut brain.  He has embarrassed us for years.  He meets with terrorist to this day after having terrorized our economy for 4 years.  Iran immediately released the hostages when we elected a president of substance.
Report to moderator   Logged

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »

------------------------------------------------------------
Jimmy Carter was a GREAT MAN.   

You really have got to be kidding.  He is (as many would say about Bush) an embarrassment.  He was sooooo bad that Ted Kennedy opposed him all the way to the convention in 1980.

Yasser Arafat also won a Nobel Peace Prize but he was never interested in peace!

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »

------------------------------------------------------------

Remember him well.  A man of GREAT integrity.  Not only did he receive the Nobel Peace Prize but he
created the Department of Education, always emphasized Human Rights, was instrumental in peace between
Israel and Egypt an to this day promotes global health, democracy and human rights throughout the world.

Sure, interest rates were 18% while he was president but he didn't control monetary policy--you know that BB.
Just like you say with Bush--the dollar will get better, right--don't see you blaming Bush for the lowest dollar
valuation in 35 years.   Sure, Iran took our hostages.   You can't BLAME Carter for that just as you couldn't
BLAME Bush for any terrorist attack, could you BB?    Did Carter invade Iran and start (or as you would say--
they started it--we should finish it) a war that ultimately killed tens of thousands of people??....No he didn't.   Ultimately ALL HOSTAGES were returned unharmed, albiet as soon as Regan took office
Sure, I would have liked to see them come home in less than 1 year but there were circumstances that you and I
will never be privy to.

Jimmy Carter was a GREAT MAN.   Was he extremely effective as a President while in office?   No, he was not.

George W. Bush, however will go down as the WORST president in US history.

As you say, BB, we're all entitled to our opinion--this is mine--just deal with it my friend.

You are entitled to your opinion but ANYBODY who thinks that James Earl Carter was not the single worst President in our history needs their opinion priveleges revoked and they need a 30-day stay in Betty Ford.

Yep they also gave the Nobel Prize to the Terrorist Yassar Arafat, Criminal Kofi Annan and liar Al Gore

You rip President Bush screwing up an entire war as you claim but ignore the fact that this dirtbag loser Carter couldnt even run a rescue mission with a couple of dozen helicopters and a few dozen soldiers
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:55:59 AM by Buffaloboy » Report to moderator   Logged

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »

I forget: did Carter fly those helicopters? Did he personally set up the mission?

So what you are really doing is criticizing those troops, some of whom gave their lives? Why do you hate the troops??

Geez, at least WE know that Iraq wasn't the fault of the troops, but on the Bush administration.

The Bush administration's failures go a lot further than just the war in Iraq. The hunt for Osama, the economy, etc. He took a well run country and screwed it up in only 4 years.

They'll NEVER give the Nobel Peace Prize to Bush, though, will they? Hahahahaha! Even the thought of it is laughable.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2008, 01:25:58 PM »

Carter was and is and unwiped a__ H____!  He did in fact attack Iran in a failed attempt to free the hostages.
He is and was not only a peanut  farmer but also a peanut brain.  He has embarrassed us for years.  He meets with terrorist to this day after having terrorized our economy for 4 years.  Iran immediately released the hostages when we elected a president of substance.

Yeah, well, remember how that worked? Reagan negotiated with terrorists. But you guys still love him.

Meets with terrorists? You mean he actually has the gall to meet leaders in countries that we're trying to negotiate peace with?? OMG! The man is the Devil incarnate.

samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2008, 02:09:40 PM »

No moon bat, Reagan did not negotiate with terrorists.  He met with them after top officials had an agreement in place.  That it what a wise person would do, what most president have done, and admirable.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2008, 03:22:51 PM »

I forget: did Carter fly those helicopters? Did he personally set up the mission?

So what you are really doing is criticizing those troops, some of whom gave their lives? Why do you hate the troops??

Geez, at least WE know that Iraq wasn't the fault of the troops, but on the Bush administration.

The Bush administration's failures go a lot further than just the war in Iraq. The hunt for Osama, the economy, etc. He took a well run country and screwed it up in only 4 years.

They'll NEVER give the Nobel Peace Prize to Bush, though, will they? Hahahahaha! Even the thought of it is laughable.

Carter was the Commander-in-Chief. It was Carter who makes the final decision. It was Carter who decided to not use overwhelming force. to not use enough troops, to not use enough equipment and to not have another plan.

Please do not dare compared President Bush's growing economy with that disgrace James Earl Carter left after four years.

Like I said, look at some Nobel Prize winners:
- Terrorist Yassar Arafat
- Kofi Annan who while running the UN stole BILLIONS
- Al Gore, most of whose work was disproven BEFORE he even got the prize and loves those Lear Jets
- James Earl Carter, the single worst U.S. President ever
- Doris Lansing, one-time Communist Party member who said 9/11 was and I quote, "Not a terrible thing". And who said of Barak Obama that he, "would certainly not last long, a black man in the position of president. They would murder him,”

President Bush does not need to be labled with that scum.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »

Carter was the Commander-in-Chief. It was Carter who makes the final decision. It was Carter who decided to not use overwhelming force. to not use enough troops, to not use enough equipment and to not have another plan.

Please do not dare compared President Bush's growing economy with that disgrace James Earl Carter left after four years.

Like I said, look at some Nobel Prize winners:
- Terrorist Yassar Arafat
- Kofi Annan who while running the UN stole BILLIONS
- Al Gore, most of whose work was disproven BEFORE he even got the prize and loves those Lear Jets
- James Earl Carter, the single worst U.S. President ever
- Doris Lansing, one-time Communist Party member who said 9/11 was and I quote, "Not a terrible thing". And who said of Barak Obama that he, "would certainly not last long, a black man in the position of president. They would murder him,”

President Bush does not need to be labled with that scum.

I'm going to do JUST that. The economy was GREAT when Bush came into power and it SUCKS now.

The economy sucked when Carter came into power and it improved right after he left.

Who is the worse president for the economy??

Bush's economy is only growing because he screwed it up so bad, it could ONLY go up after it reached those lows.

Nice try at revisionism, though.

So, Carter is responsible for everything because he was Commander-in-Chief, but Bush gets a pass on everything, because "it's just not his fault"?

Wow. You really  drank the kool-aid.

Can you actually support ANYTHING that you posted with ANY kind of facts or links at all? Seriously. Start with Al Gore's work being disproven.

President Bush doesn't have to worry about being labeled with anything but WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:05:51 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2008, 07:49:42 PM »

I'm going to do JUST that. The economy was GREAT when Bush came into power and it SUCKS now.

The economy sucked when Carter came into power and it improved right after he left.

Who is the worse president for the economy??

Bush's economy is only growing because he screwed it up so bad, it could ONLY go up after it reached those lows.

Nice try at revisionism, though.

So, Carter is responsible for everything because he was Commander-in-Chief, but Bush gets a pass on everything, because "it's just not his fault"?

Wow. You really  drank the kool-aid.

Can you actually support ANYTHING that you posted with ANY kind of facts or links at all? Seriously. Start with Al Gore's work being disproven.

President Bush doesn't have to worry about being labeled with anything but WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER.

You can not be serious! In Jimmy Carter's single term, inflation rose from 6.5% to 13.5% with it going from 11.3% to that 13.5% just in his last year in office. Inflation during his term went from 7.1% to 5.9% and skyrocketed to 7.2% just in his last year.

It was Reagans 1981 budget and tax cuts which ended the Carter near-depression. Just in Reagan's first term alone, he got the inflation rate cut by 68% down to 4.3%

Federal tax receipts when Carter left represented 20% of the GDP and were at 19.2% when Reagan left. However, Tip O'Neil and the Democratic controlled congress managed to spend 22.9% of the GDP when Carter left and spiked it to 23.9% of the GDP during Reagan's first term.

So please, Carter deserves credit for just leaving office.

Carter was Commander-in-Chief and he botched a simple military rescue. Bush is running a war that contrary to what Libbies like Reid and Pelosi say, is not lost and contrary to Libbies like Kerry and Murtha is not being fought by murders

You do makie me laugh trying to portray Carter as a great economic President. I mean talk about revision. I mean before you tell us about the great economic workings of Jimmy Carter, how about you tell us your theory on why Adolf Hitler was a great humanitarian or why Bill Clinton believe in monogomus relationships.

samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »

Moon calls us kool aid drinkers, but I think it is pretty clear that Moon is not drinking Kool Aid.  His rantings indicate that he is drinking something much stronger.  Or snorting  or smoking or whatever.  I have added to my morning prayers when I wake up, "and thank you god for not making me as sick as Moon".

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2008, 10:39:13 PM »

He needs help. Suggesting that James Earl Carter is something other then an incompetent President who should be stricken from history books immediately is a sign of a problem.

edwarren

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2008, 11:00:49 PM »

No, it was Volcker who saved the dollar.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,948724-2,00.html

-------

Note: righties -  this web page is safe for you to open and read.

It contains no active threats.
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2008, 12:51:32 AM »

And your so-called facts to counter what I said are just where in your post again?

Let's see if I can remember that profound buffalo belch again?  Um-m-m, wait,-----it's coming to me??

Oh Yeah, I remember "This is too damned easy".

Even a blind man can see this coming!   Read my next post, *******boy!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:54:32 AM by knowitall » Report to moderator   Logged
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2008, 12:53:51 AM »

Any questions?  Remove head from ass and reread chart!  It's so damned simple even you can do it!
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2008, 01:23:00 AM »

You know if it wasn't for defending the only decent man to hold the white house in 30 years, I wouldn't even bother with the worthless pieces of republican scum that permeate btw.  Every incompetent Republican since Carter held office has a laundry list of excuses as to why their terms in office ended with them flat on their face and the economy crashing down around their necks!

If Carter had had a fed with lose pocket strings and the willingness to allow the country to drown itself in debt then Carter would be remembered as the sage profit with great one liners.  "Deficits don't matter"!

Wanna bet!  Deficits didn't matter to a lose cannon like Re*gan (my computer again) because he wasn't going to live long enough to pay the piper when the bills came due!

Guess what you inbred republicans?  YOU are responsible for the mess we are in!  It started 28 years ago!

Your  BSmeter has worn thin and the nightmare you have created will now be cleaned up by people who earned their college degrees and were straight A students!   
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2008, 04:47:37 AM »

No, it was Volcker who saved the dollar.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,948724-2,00.html

-------

Note: righties -  this web page is safe for you to open and read.

It contains no active threats.

Volkers first moves brought us to near depression.
The Reagan tax cuts saved the economy and Volker
Its too bad Tip O'neill increased spending or it would have been better

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2008, 04:49:09 AM »

Any questions?  Remove head from ass and reread chart!  It's so damned simple even you can do it!

Your "facts" have been answered
You have been proven wrong
You have been dismissed

edwarren

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2008, 05:22:43 AM »

Nixon had expanded the war into Laos and Cambodia and he needed a way to pay for it. He took the dollar off the gold standard in August 1971 to print money to pay for the war. This was the beginning of the modern floating currency system.

War creates a lot of financial imbalances, inflation being one of them.

Later, Carter became president and appointed NY Fed Chairmen Paul Volcker to fight the war inflation, to restore the dollar to its status as the world's reserve currency. There was a run on the dollar after the war. Interest rates needed to float to a level necessary to restore confidence in the worlds only reserve currency.

So, Carter appointed Volcker and a campaign was waged to restore
the dollar.

Finally, after much pain, inflation came down, the price of commodities retreated, the dollar was restored. Confidence was restored. The commodity pendulum peaked and slowly retreated.  A more accomodative monetary policy was possible. Only then, after Reagan continued Volckers appointment, were the tax cuts enabled.

Incidently, I read Bruce Bartletts article in the National Review Online re: Carter, Volcker and Reagan. Its full of errors.

Now, on to ----

(Righties may read this. There are no active threats.)

The Fall of Conservatism
by George Packer

Nixon himself was more interested in global grand strategy and partisan politics than in any conservative policy agenda. By today’s standards, his achievements in office look like those of a moderate liberal: he eased the tensions of the Cold War, expanded the welfare state, and supported affirmative action (albeit in ways calculated to split the Democrats). “L.B.J. built the foundation and the first floor of the Great Society,” [Patrick] Buchanan said. “We built the skyscraper. Nixon was not a Reaganite conservative.”

Even Reagan, the Moses of the conservative movement, was more ideological in his rhetoric than in his governance. Conservatives have canonized him for cutting taxes and regulation, moving the courts to the right, and helping to vanquish the Soviet empire. But he proved less dogmatic than most of his opponents and some of his followers expected, especially on ending the Cold War. Reagan emphasized the first word in “positive polarization,” turning the Nixon playbook into a kind of national celebration. Like F.D.R., he dominated an era by reconciling opposites through force of personality: just as Roosevelt the patrician became the tribune of the people, Reagan turned conservatism into a forward-looking, optimistic ideology. “We started in 1980 and played addition,” Ed Rollins, Reagan’s political director, recalls. “ ‘Let’s go out and get Democrats.’ We attracted a great many young people to the Party. Reagan made them feel good about the country again. After the ’84 election, we did polling—Why did you vote for Reagan? They said, ‘He’s a winner.’ ”

The Princeton historian Sean Wilentz, in his new book, “The Age of Reagan: A History, 1974-2008” (Harper), argues that Reagan “learned how to seize and keep control of the terms of public debate.” On taxes, race, government spending, national security, crime, welfare, and “traditional values,” he made mainstream what had been the positions of the right-wing fringe, and he kept Democrats on the defensive. He also brought a generation of doctrinaire conservatives into the bureaucracy and the courts, making appointments based on ideological tests that only a genuine movement leader would impose. The rightward turn of the judiciary will probably be the most lasting achievement of Reagan and his movement.

In retrospect, the Reagan Presidency was the high-water mark of conservatism. “In some respects, the conservative movement was a victim of success,” Wilentz concludes. “With the Soviet Union dissolved, inflation reduced to virtually negligible levels, and the top tax rate cut to nearly half of what it was in 1980, all of Ronald Reagan’s major stated goals when he took office had been achieved, leaving perplexed and fractious conservatives to fight over where they might now lead the country.” Wilentz omits one important failure. According to Buchanan, who was the White House communications director in Reagan’s second term, the President once told his barber, Milton Pitts, “You know, Milt, I came here to do five things, and four out of five ain’t bad.” He had succeeded in lowering taxes, raising morale, increasing defense spending, and facing down the Soviet Union; but he had failed to limit the size of government, which, besides anti-Communism, was the abiding passion of Reagan’s political career and of the conservative movement. He didn’t come close to achieving it and didn’t try very hard, recognizing early that the public would be happy to have its taxes cut as long as its programs weren’t touched. And Reagan was a poor steward of the unglamorous but necessary operations of the state. Wilentz notes that he presided over a period of corruption and favoritism, encouraging hostility toward government agencies and “a general disregard for oversight safeguards as among the evils of ‘big government.’ ” In this, and in a notorious attempt to expand executive power outside the Constitution—the Iran-Contra affair—Reagan’s Presidency presaged that of George W. Bush.

After Reagan and the end of the Cold War, conservatism lost the ties that had bound together its disparate factions—libertarians, evangelicals, neoconservatives, Wall Street, working-class traditionalists. Without the Gipper and the Evil Empire, what was the organizing principle? In 1994, the conservative journalist David Frum surveyed the landscape and published a book called “Dead Right.” Reagan, he wrote, had offered his “Morning in America” vision, and the public had rewarded him enormously, but in failing to reduce government he had allowed the welfare state to continue infantilizing the public, weakening its moral fibre. That November, Republicans swept to power in Congress and imagined that they had been deputized by the voters to distill conservatism into its purest essence. Newt Gingrich declared, “On those things which are at the core of our philosophy and on those things where we believe we represent the vast majority of Americans, there will be no compromise.” Instead of just limiting government, the Gingrich revolutionaries set out to disable it. Although the legislative reins were in their hands, these Republicans could find no governmental projects to organize their energy around. David Brooks said, “The only thing that held the coalition together was hostility to government.” When the Times Magazine asked William Kristol what ideas he was for—in early 1995, high noon of the Gingrich Revolution—Kristol could think to mention only school choice and “shaping the culture.”

« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:30:13 AM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2008, 07:09:09 AM »

Tremendous post. Great info and middle of the road demeanor. Well done. thumbs up beer

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2008, 10:15:59 AM »

Tremendous post. Great info and middle of the road demeanor. Well done. thumbs up beer

Just for the record, he was quoting the New Yorker article from 5/26/08.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »

------------------------------------------

Or, maybe, just maybe he feels like HE was betrayed by having to stand up on the podium and tell the press things that he LATER discovered were untrue (but, of course he couldn't tell the press this while he was till being paid by the White House.)   Press members have stated he has told them that "one day" I'll be able to give you the whole story.   This week is the "one day" he was talking about.   If you take the time to actually listen to his current interviews, he states specifically why he wrote the book and why it's being released now.  If you care about any answers to your questions then watch him on meet the press this weekend.

He did resign (was actually kind of pushed out--most likely because he began to question certain things he was being told to say) and I find him quite believeble.   But then again, I'm actually listening to his answers, unlike others on this forum who don't want to hear what he has to say.

Okay, I watched Scott on Meet The Press last night.  I can now express an informed opinion.

1 - He is not very believable.  In one breath, he tells Russert how he comes from a proud, honest family who believes in a certain set of morals & that serving the public is considered a very high job.  Then, when prompted, he makes the usual concession of "yeah, I guess I should have said something" or "that was a mistake".

2 - He states that he came to his conclusions after "reflecting".  Also, BS if he does feel that he "should have said something" or "that was a mistake".  He dogged Richard Clarke & others for writing many of the same things.  What a scumbag!

3 - Scott should just fess up to the fact that he didn't mind lying as long as he had a prestigious position, was making plenty of money & was building a name for himself and that now, he wrote the book for the bucks!

4 - While he did the absolutely dishonorable thing while employed by the administration, no one seems to be disputing that this is what happened, which is why he won't be sued for defamation.  He is a Benedict Arnold who has helped to confirm many suspicions. 

In other words, he's just another corrupt member of a corrupt administration.  Where is Colin Powell when you need him?

knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »

Your "facts" have been answered
You have been proven wrong
You have been dismissed

I have been dismissed!  Now I feel like your ex-wife! censor

Well at least I'm not alone. sneaky  We can share our mutual respect and admiration for you! nyah

Strange how the party hawking family values can't keep a family together! doh
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »

I have been dismissed!  Now I feel like your ex-wife! censor

Well at least I'm not alone. sneaky  We can share our mutual respect and admiration for you! nyah

Strange how the party hawking family values can't keep a family together! doh

Nothing better then a speech about family from a Clinton-loving Libby

Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2008, 01:37:08 AM »

You can not be serious! In Jimmy Carter's single term, inflation rose from 6.5% to 13.5% with it going from 11.3% to that 13.5% just in his last year in office. Inflation during his term went from 7.1% to 5.9% and skyrocketed to 7.2% just in his last year.

It was Reagans 1981 budget and tax cuts which ended the Carter near-depression. Just in Reagan's first term alone, he got the inflation rate cut by 68% down to 4.3%

Federal tax receipts when Carter left represented 20% of the GDP and were at 19.2% when Reagan left. However, Tip O'Neil and the Democratic controlled congress managed to spend 22.9% of the GDP when Carter left and spiked it to 23.9% of the GDP during Reagan's first term.

So please, Carter deserves credit for just leaving office.

Carter was Commander-in-Chief and he botched a simple military rescue. Bush is running a war that contrary to what Libbies like Reid and Pelosi say, is not lost and contrary to Libbies like Kerry and Murtha is not being fought by murders

You do makie me laugh trying to portray Carter as a great economic President. I mean talk about revision. I mean before you tell us about the great economic workings of Jimmy Carter, how about you tell us your theory on why Adolf Hitler was a great humanitarian or why Bill Clinton believe in monogomus relationships.

How did Reagan do that? Was his 1981 budget so singularly responsible? Or the tax cuts?

You forgot to mention the inflation-whipping rate hikes by the Fed. There, I believe, lies the nut of the issue. Starve the economy, then let it build. We may be in a similar situation now. Besides, the Reagan-O'Neill budgets didn't prove to be so thrifty when compared with the growing national debt during the prosperous 1980s.

The Carter inflation: Was there, like a similar problem during Nixon and Ford, or was it just the dumb-ass from Georgia who caused the whole thing with his stupidity?

Just wondering.
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2008, 06:12:58 PM »

Nothing better then a speech about family from a Clinton-loving Libby

That would be the same STILL MARRIED CLINTONS unlike the multiple divorces that make up the family values party! doh

Have you purchased your midlife trophy wife yet? geezer nyah

I hear Texas is having a buy one get one free!  Children and DNA tests are extra.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: