Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 08:34:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Mcclellan (Bush's most loyal political aide for 7 years) tells the truth!  (Read 8291 times)
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »

Just for the record, as most know by now, I'm a registered Democrat & have voted against GW Bush 2ice & Jeb Bush 2ice, which makes me 0 for my last 4.

That aside, I'm glad that you ended our little disagreement with as much intelligence as you started it!

You are officially  BSmeter

Do you even have a clue who Donald Regan is/was idiot?

Reagod and his Reagod republicans dismantled every piece of regulation designed to protect the public from being raped for greed and profit.

I now have an electric company that produces NO ELECTRICITY!  PRICELESS!

The republicans have mastered the venturi effect!  I'm sure a political genius like you needs no explanation for this price increase metaphor!
Report to moderator   Logged

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2008, 02:02:49 PM »

Do you even have a clue who Donald Regan is/was idiot?

Reagod and his Reagod republicans dismantled every piece of regulation designed to protect the public from being raped for greed and profit.

I now have an electric company that produces NO ELECTRICITY!  PRICELESS!

The republicans have mastered the venturi effect!  I'm sure a political genius like you needs no explanation for this price increase metaphor!

I know exactly who Secretary of Treasury / Lt. Col. Regan WAS & you are  BSmeter.

Please stop littering.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »

Who was  Donald.T. Regan

Formerly chief executive officer at the investment firm of Merrill Lynch, Donald.T. Regan (1918-2003) was appointed Secretary of the Treasury by President Ronald Reagan in 1981 and became the champion of Reagan's plan to  cut taxes in order to stimulate investment. The Economic Recovery Act of 1981 introduced sweeping tax cuts, which especially affected big business. An undeviating champion of free enterprise, deregulation, and competition in American industry, Regan declared, "If you're going to be a capitalist, you have to believe in a free market economy."

The final result of the Reagan administration's revolutionary tax legislation was a twenty-five-percent reduction in federal income taxes. "The more I examine supply side economics, the more I find I've always been on this side. But I thought it was just old fashioned conservatism," he commented. Regan resigned in 1984 to become President Reagan's Chief of Staff.

Submitted by Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »

You choose:
George Soras
Chris Matthews
John Gibson
Bill O'Reilley
Keith Olbermann
Glenn Beck
Jeremiah Wright
Last and not least:

Kenneth J. Chadwick

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCELLENT Kenneth--THANK YOU for giving me a list of people who you RESPECT that can criticize George W. Bush.

Now, for your reading pleasure, read this in detail from your RESPECTED individual (GEORGE SOROS) about George W. Bush............

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0928-16.htm

By the way, GEORGE SOROS, I couldn't have said it better myself.  Kenneth and I BOTH respect your critcism about George W. Bush

Have a good night.

Trotter1

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:50:38 PM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2008, 07:06:03 PM »

Scott Mcclellan was fired for incompetence.  They put Tony Snow in because Scott was incompetent.  Scott has said in several interviews that his editor tweaked the content to make it more marketable.  Most of the book is complementary.
Most former press secretary's are able to get good jobs when they leave the white house.  Scott has not because he isn't a very good reporter.  Is Bush a saint?  Hell no! is Scott  a hero or a disloyal ex employee? Your Choice!

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 02:06:40 AM »

Before all you LIBERALS praise the likes of Scott McClellan, just breathe in for a few days and wait till you hear the other side of the story.

My take:

I knew the book was coming out for about three months.

How does a guy make money  dollar dollar dollar dollar.  Juice up the book.

Remember its all about the money.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Hard core Conservative 

Ken: I also knew the book was coming out. What does that prove?

I think every president has tell-all detractors, but let's consider Bush.

Paul O'Neil criticized tax policy (an honest dispute), but also the intellectual rigor of decision-making.

Ilulo (sp?) and some other guy whose name I don't remember blasted Bush's sincerity about the faith-based initiative.

Christine Todd Whittman wrote a book about the lack of support for the mission to which she'd been appointed at the EPA. A dry topic, maybe -- wonder how lucrative that book was.

Colin Powell -- he must have written a book since leaving the administration, though I don't recall. He has certainly disowned the stated justification for war (not the war itself).

George Tenet (not a Bush appointee), he wrote a book -- though it was mostly about covering his own ass from a war "based" on miscalculations.

Still, what emerges from the Bush tell-alls are stories of betrayal, dysfunction, PERSONAL deception, or, in the case of this new book, perhaps PUBLIC deception.

Sheesh. Money is, indeed, a heck of a motivator. Given the pattern of rats fleeing the Bush ship or the Bush storyline, can you confidently say it's the only motivation? REALLY?

BTW, the "other side of the story" has been little but a coordinated PR assault -- nothing with the impact of, say, a "mushroom cloud." Now, where have I heard THAT before?

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2008, 04:35:14 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------

Question, BB.   Do you think Scott sat down the night before at home and wrote those quotes himself or do you
believe his "comments" were given to him by White House staff to be his official "word" on behalf of the White
House?   Thank you.   

Oh, by the way, since no one else has yet answered this question let me ask you.

Just WHO can ever criticize the President of the United States that would actually be acceptable to you?

Like I said, if it's a democrat you'll just call them a crazy liberal.

If it's a republican you'll just call them someone with an ax to grind who has ulterior motives.

If it's a former staff member, they're just "disgruntled" and why didn't they state their criticism earlier??

If it's the media then they're biased in some way.

Who EXACTLY is acceptable BB to criticize the president that you would not immediately bash?? 

Scott is now a private citizen (no longer under ORDERS to say certain things) and is free to give his PERSONAL opinions on all topics.  When he is at the podium in the White House he cannot give HIS PERSONAL OPINIONS.

You know, BB, I'll bet you never shook hands with a boss or higher up in your company and said "good to see you sir"
and then after they left said'--"what an assh*le" or something to that affect.    One is your professional comment
and other is your PERSONAL feeling.

Whether or not Scott McClellan or any Presidential Press Secretary regardless of their political party has prepared statements and talking points. The job is to speak for the President. Whether its McClellan, Dee Dee Myers or Tony Snow, you volunteer to take that job. Nobody holds a gun to your head and last I checked, it pays over $150000 a year. Bottom line is that you willingly take this job.

If McClellan or any of them do not like what they are being asked to say, they should speak out. He never did. If McClellan was so against the Presidents policies, then he should have said so and resigned. Insiders say McClellan never spoke up. Now I was away yesterday but as of Thursday, I hadnt heard McClellan say he objected to anything and spoke up.

Now whether McClellan left on his own or was pushed, he never spoke out. That is of course until he had a few hundred thousand dollars in his pocket. What I dont get is how can McClellan be taken seriously at this point? Im sorry if McClellan quit then came out a short time later and said this, I would look at it more differently but the guy flipped after he took the money.

Next, while I cant claim to have read his book, from the few excerpts I have seen and heard about, just where is McClellan's proof to anything he claims? At least whe Frank Rich wrote his book, he provided what he claimed was proof. All McClellan is doing is saying he lied then but he is telling the truth now after he took the money.

Personally I dont care who criticizes the President but whereas you want your right to criticize him, I want my right to defend him and I will do that. You want your righ to your opinion and I want the right to mine. I just find it funny that for all those who criticize him, the guy won two Presidential elections and polls show people hate the Democratic controlled Congress more then they hate the President.

As for what each side calls each other, as far as McClellan goes, I havent called him disgruntled or anything. My issue has been, do you believe whatthe guys says when he was willingly doing a job he voluntarily took or do you believe a guy who says he lied then and is telling the truth now after he took several hundred thousand dollars, runs to every TV station for publicity and hasnt provided a drop of proof to back up what he says. I take issue with Libbies who say you should believe the guy now that he was paid off.

As far as what I say to my bosses at work, please dont make assumptions that you know nothing about

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2008, 04:37:58 AM »

How about Senator John McCain?

Pre-I want to get elected president at any cost days, of course!

Has any of you self righteous republican hypocrites asked McCain how his black illegitimate baby is doing these days?

Oh Wait!  There is no black illegitimate baby that was just an honorable Bush dirty trick!

Uh huh

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 04:42:38 AM »

Just for the record, as most know by now, I'm a registered Democrat & have voted against GW Bush 2ice & Jeb Bush 2ice, which makes me 0 for my last 4.

That aside, I'm glad that you ended our little disagreement with as much intelligence as you started it!

You are officially  BSmeter

May I ask a favor then? Would you please pledge here to then vote for either Obama or Clinton?

I figure with your record, if you promise to do then, the McCain is a lock and then the Electoral College is a given.

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

May I ask a favor then? Would you please pledge here to then vote for either Obama or Clinton?

I figure with your record, if you promise to do then, the McCain is a lock and then the Electoral College is a given.

Absolutely correct!  But I'm hoping it's just a losing streak against the name "Bush".

Not to worry - as I always say, since I live in FL, my vote won't be counted anyway! maroon

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2008, 11:52:39 AM »

Absolutely correct!  But I'm hoping it's just a losing streak against the name "Bush".

Not to worry - as I always say, since I live in FL, my vote won't be counted anyway! maroon

Nope, the losing streak counts against those you voted for, not against. You might just wish to stay home. Florida will go to McCain any way as part of the Electoral College victory

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23488377-details/One+for+the+end+of+the+road+Merry+Clinton+knocks+back+whisky+on+campaign+plane/article.do

Oh please God let this woman get the Democratic nomination.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »

Looks like Hillary had one too many. maroon

I think Hillary is looking at 2012.

Barack is not going to win.  He's too shallow.
Once Barack gets off script, makes too many mistakes.
Barack does not know history. Maybe smart but not well read.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2008, 01:51:05 PM »

Looks like Hillary had one too many. maroon

I think Hillary is looking at 2012.

Barack is not going to win.  He's too shallow.
Once Barack gets off script, makes too many mistakes.
Barack does not know history. Maybe smart but not well read.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Thats the least of Obama's problems.

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »

Nope, the losing streak counts against those you voted for, not against.

I don't know.  It looks to me like you get beat by say, Tim Tetrick 2ice at The Meadowlands & then you get beat by Trace Tetrick 2ice at Hoosier.  Now you've dumped all your money on Tom Tetrick & you're just begging me not to bet him!  I think that's a hell of an analogy! 

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 09:11:55 PM »

I don't know.  It looks to me like you get beat by say, Tim Tetrick 2ice at The Meadowlands & then you get beat by Trace Tetrick 2ice at Hoosier.  Now you've dumped all your money on Tom Tetrick & you're just begging me not to bet him!  I think that's a hell of an analogy! 

No. Now that the Democratic Nation Committee has willingly agreed to disenfranchise the voters of Florida, I look at your past voting patterns as the "Glass Half Full" ... Sorry, I couldnt resist.

I dont look at you as voting against President Bush and his brother, Governor Bush. I look at it as you supporting somebody else and that support as led to losses.

Therefore, your streak is just supporting sure-fire losers and I want to do all I can to help you keep that streak.

By-the-way, I want to personally thank Howard for giving us Republicans another election. First it was that silly "Yee ha" screech and today its the "Halfie-Half" thing.

When that clown goes to court in November, does he ask the court to recount only half the chads?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 04:48:04 AM by Buffaloboy » Report to moderator   Logged

Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2008, 10:50:38 PM »

Oh this is just two damned easy. In order:

1) The economy continues to grow. The Federal Government just recorded their highest amount of tax revenues in history and that is with President Bush's tax cuts. Maybe the Democraticly controlled Congress will look into cutting spending? Na, Pelosi and Reid dont have the balls.

2 & 3) Yea war sucks. But hey,. Harry Reid has declared us losers and John Murtha called us murderers. I say we bring home the troops and give the money to Reid and Pelosi to spend.

4) Not growing as many jobs but an overall lower unemployment rate the Bill Clinton, Go figure.

5) By what standard?

6) Just when did it becomes the Federal Government's job to provide insurance?

7) Since I work in insurance and have licenses in four states ... I can tell you that the individual states regulate insurance, not the President. Sorry bout that.

8) Tell Pelosi and Reid to cut spending and to taxes more and give people back more of what they earn?

9 & 16) Im sorry but when did the President start to control the price of oil? You might want to look into how the money from every gallon of gas gets broken up. The tax margin on a gallon of gas is higher then the profit margin for theoil company. Instead of Libby Shiela Jackson Lee threatening to take over oil companies and "nationalize" them, again, got cut taxes.

Better yet, tell the libbies to rescind laws to allow for drilling well off our shores. Go drill in an uninhabitable ANWAR. Allow for shale oil mining. How about we build a refinery or five. Can you toss in a nuke plant or three? Funny how Brazil just found what is believed to be the largest oil field outside of the Middle east off their shores and the French can safely run nuke plants and get 80% of their energy from that. More people have died in cars and planes with the Kennedys then have died in US Nuke accidents.

10, 11 & 12) Since when does any President control what colleges charge, how people save and how people spend?

14) The dollar will be fine.

15) Combat rediness? Bill Clinton cut and slashed the milatary. President Bush has been fighting a war since September 11th 2001. Cut it with the Clinton double talk

17) Who gives a fig about what polls from other countries say about us? Her is how it goes throughout history:
Great Britain gets into wars, they start to lose and they come to us to save them
Indonesia has natural disasters and we are the first ones they call for aid.
Turkey get taken over in every war and we free them
Germany starts every war and we kick the crap out of them and rebuild their country

Who cares what they think?

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »

No. Now that the Democratic Nation Committee has willingly agreed to disenfranchise the voters of Florida, I look at your past voting patterns as the "Glass Half Full" ... Sorry, I couldnt resist.

I dont look at you as voting against President Bush and his brother, Governor Buus. I look at it as you supporting somebody else and that support as led to losses. 

Look, if it makes you happy, I won't vote but I cannot poke the chad at Obama - no way, not ever.  I would even vote for Jeb Bush before Obama & Jeb is responsible for costing our business at least $100k in pure profit.  You should know that I NEVER supported any of those other candidates - just didn't like the Bush's - ever.

Take it easy though, don't worry - I even hit Matt Kakaley on a 17-1 shot Friday who won by 10!!  Don't you just love 17-1's that win by 10.

You should also know that we have now gone back to "chads" here in Broward County.  That's right, after spending big  dollar on the new ineffective way - touch screen voting, they have decided to go back to the old ineffective way.

BTW, it's too bad they're counting 1/2.  I was hoping Deano would tell FL & MI to f**k off, giving these 2 states to McCain.  What a shame.

trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2008, 11:40:42 PM »

------------------------------------------------

George W. Bush--the worst president in the history of the United States.

thumbs down
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2008, 02:01:34 AM »

Oh this is just two damned easy.

Everything is so-o-o damn easy for republican hypocrites!  Except maybe, oh I don't know, GOVERNING!

Back in Nuke School the instructors used to say on exam day "If you can't dazzle me with you brains then baffle me with your bullshit but insult my intelligence and you will lose my respect".

An innocent man defends himself with facts.  A guilty man defends himself by raising questions.  If this is "two damned easy" why did you defend Bush's record by asking a lot of open ended questions instead of supporting your view with verifiable facts?  Oh yeah I forgot, Republicans use "Fuzzy Math"!

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2008, 05:03:09 AM »

Look, if it makes you happy, I won't vote but I cannot poke the chad at Obama - no way, not ever.  I would even vote for Jeb Bush before Obama & Jeb is responsible for costing our business at least $100k in pure profit.  You should know that I NEVER supported any of those other candidates - just didn't like the Bush's - ever.

Take it easy though, don't worry - I even hit Matt Kakaley on a 17-1 shot Friday who won by 10!!  Don't you just love 17-1's that win by 10.

You should also know that we have now gone back to "chads" here in Broward County.  That's right, after spending big  dollar on the new ineffective way - touch screen voting, they have decided to go back to the old ineffective way.

BTW, it's too bad they're counting 1/2.  I was hoping Deano would tell FL & MI to f**k off, giving these 2 states to McCain.  What a shame.

Dolfan,

I think you know me well enough to know that unless a Republican ... and idealy, a Conservative Republican ... wins every election we have throughout the country, then I will not be truely happy.

That said though, I understand your dislike for the Bush Family and will not make a joke about that.

I will say though that Howard Dean and the kids deciding to count Florida and Michigan for only half votes will bite them and if I were Obama, I would be demanding a better deal which coiunts for full votes.

Also if I were John McCain, I would have postponed whatever else was on my schedule today and tomorrow and made sure my rear end was in Florida and that I was doing interviews on every local TV station there was and just absolutely beat Obama and the Democrats over the head with this.

Its just stunning to me that yesterday we sent an aircraft into outter space to meet up with a floating object and will have it fly back to Earth but we can not get a computer to count votes.

If you are still getting 17/1 on Matt Kakaley at Northfield then enjoy it and may I recommend keeping it a secret. That is almost as good as Tony Morgan paying $89 to win at Pocono yesterday

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2008, 05:05:50 AM »

------------------------------------------------

George W. Bush--the worst president in the history of the United States.

thumbs down

Either you were not alive between January 21, 1977 and January 21, 1981 or you have cut pages out of your history books or you just decided to completely ignore the wreckage that was James Earl Carter.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 05:07:16 AM »

Everything is so-o-o damn easy for republican hypocrites!  Except maybe, oh I don't know, GOVERNING!

Back in Nuke School the instructors used to say on exam day "If you can't dazzle me with you brains then baffle me with your bullshit but insult my intelligence and you will lose my respect".

An innocent man defends himself with facts.  A guilty man defends himself by raising questions.  If this is "two damned easy" why did you defend Bush's record by asking a lot of open ended questions instead of supporting your view with verifiable facts?  Oh yeah I forgot, Republicans use "Fuzzy Math"!

And your so-called facts to counter what I said are just where in your post again?

trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2008, 06:47:42 AM »

Either you were not alive between January 21, 1977 and January 21, 1981 or you have cut pages out of your history books or you just decided to completely ignore the wreckage that was James Earl Carter.

------------------------------------------------------------

Remember him well.  A man of GREAT integrity.  Not only did he receive the Nobel Peace Prize but he
created the Department of Education, always emphasized Human Rights, was instrumental in peace between
Israel and Egypt an to this day promotes global health, democracy and human rights throughout the world.

Sure, interest rates were 18% while he was president but he didn't control monetary policy--you know that BB.
Just like you say with Bush--the dollar will get better, right--don't see you blaming Bush for the lowest dollar
valuation in 35 years.   Sure, Iran took our hostages.   You can't BLAME Carter for that just as you couldn't
BLAME Bush for any terrorist attack, could you BB?    Did Carter invade Iran and start (or as you would say--
they started it--we should finish it) a war that ultimately killed tens of thousands of people??....No he didn't.   Ultimately ALL HOSTAGES were returned unharmed, albiet as soon as Regan took office
Sure, I would have liked to see them come home in less than 1 year but there were circumstances that you and I
will never be privy to.

Jimmy Carter was a GREAT MAN.   Was he extremely effective as a President while in office?   No, he was not.

George W. Bush, however will go down as the WORST president in US history.

As you say, BB, we're all entitled to our opinion--this is mine--just deal with it my friend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: