Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 09:26:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Mcclellan (Bush's most loyal political aide for 7 years) tells the truth!  (Read 8199 times)
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 03:51:32 AM »

I thank you for allowing me to dismiss the ethics of Scott McClellan.
Wow, ethics for a conservative.....now there's a contradiction in terms. Since when do ethics have ANYTHING to do with conservative politics?
Report to moderator   Logged

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
balmoral buddy

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 11:43:25 AM »

Just please answer this question - how do YOU know it is the truth?
Just another guy trying to make a quick buck..
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »

Or as Bush, Cheney and the Oil Companies,Making a BILLION quick bucks.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »

You obviously have never listened to the President's spokesperson. They all use weasel words so they won't have to actually lie.

But, you believed him then when he told all those "lies", now you don't.

I thought he DID resign. After he found out Rove had blatantly lied to him about the Plame outing. Not RIGHT away, he took some time so he wouldn't embarrass Bush. These two were very close, no?

I love it, though. The "nineteen percenters" won't believe Bush could possibly do any wrong, even if it comes from the Bush team itself.

So now byu your newest theory, McClellan resigned when he found out that Rove lied to him? I didnt realize that McClellan reported to Rove instead of the Chief of Staff and the President.

It is a lame excuse to say that McClellan is telling the truth now because it was ok for him to lie then when he was the spokesperson for the President because his job is to lie. McClellan knew the President's policy well before he took the job. It McClellan's ethics were so challanged, he should have quit shortly after, not years and not after hundreds of thousands are dangled in your face.

Its hysterical that they found not one but two quotes from McClellan himself, years apart, where he bashed people for working at the White House and then wrote "tell-all" books.

Funny how McClellan takes such an ethical stand then but then sells his ethics when it comes time for him to cash in

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »

I get it. Treason is good for ratings and republicans are gullible. Plus he only outed a couple people who spoke up against the administration for lying to get us into a war, no big deal. You guys will come up with some of the weakest crap to make sense out of a man who should be in prison getting off without even losing a step. Pitiful.

Wow. So let me see if I get this straight. President Bush has been President for seven and a half years.

Democrats control Congress

Democrats say Bush and everybody around him lied and committed treason.

Democrats with the power never bothered to file Articles of Impeachment against Bush.

Just when will Democrats put their money where their mouth is?

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

Or as Bush, Cheney and the Oil Companies,Making a BILLION quick bucks.

Yep. Bush and Cheney are sneaking in all that oil from Iraq ... doing it right under peoples noses ... Tons of oil they are getting for us ...

And the price is still an effing $4.15 for regular here.

Get a clue.

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 06:40:15 PM »

Anyone who is just slightly reasonable has to ask one question:  What is Scott's motivation for this writing at this time?

Clearly, it's money.  Even if you think he's 100% honest (all of a sudden), releasing that book now is because of money.  If you think he's fibbing, what's his motivation to fib & betray many powerful people?  Can only be money.

I have to believe there's a combination here, somewhere.  But is he telling us anything we don't already know or at least suspect?  Is he just confirming certain suspicions?  We may never know.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »

So now byu your newest theory, McClellan resigned when he found out that Rove lied to him? I didnt realize that McClellan reported to Rove instead of the Chief of Staff and the President.

It is a lame excuse to say that McClellan is telling the truth now because it was ok for him to lie then when he was the spokesperson for the President because his job is to lie. McClellan knew the President's policy well before he took the job. It McClellan's ethics were so challanged, he should have quit shortly after, not years and not after hundreds of thousands are dangled in your face.

Its hysterical that they found not one but two quotes from McClellan himself, years apart, where he bashed people for working at the White House and then wrote "tell-all" books.

Funny how McClellan takes such an ethical stand then but then sells his ethics when it comes time for him to cash in

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nice try but ANYTHING McClellan said while Bush's spokesperson was given to him to say.   That includes the
"bashing" you speak of.  By the way, please show me the direct quote you are referring to when you say he
bashed people for leaving and writing tell all books.  What specific other books are you referring to?   Oh yeah
that's right, you'll not answer this specific question.

After he resigned he is free to tell his opinion of what his job was like.   If you don't like it, don't read it.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 07:04:15 PM »

Anyone who is just slightly reasonable has to ask one question:  What is Scott's motivation for this writing at this time?

Clearly, it's money.  Even if you think he's 100% honest (all of a sudden), releasing that book now is because of money.  If you think he's fibbing, what's his motivation to fib & betray many powerful people?  Can only be money.

I have to believe there's a combination here, somewhere.  But is he telling us anything we don't already know or at least suspect?  Is he just confirming certain suspicions?  We may never know.

------------------------------------------

Or, maybe, just maybe he feels like HE was betrayed by having to stand up on the podium and tell the press
things that he LATER discovered were untrue (but, of course he couldn't tell the press this while he was
still being paid by the White House.)   Press members have stated he has told them that "one day" I'll be
able to give you the whole story.   This week is the "one day" he was talking about.   If you take the time to actually
listen to his current interviews, he states specifically why he wrote the book and why it's being released now.  If you care about any answers to your questions then watch him on meet the press this weekend.

He did resign (was actually kind of pushed out--most likely because he began to question certain things he was being
told to say) and I find him quite believeble.   But then again, I'm actually listening to his answers, unlike others on this forum who don't want to hear what he has to say.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:14:01 PM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

------------------------------------------

Or, maybe, just maybe he feels like HE was betrayed by having to stand up on the podium and tell the press
things that he LATER discovered were untrue (but, of course he couldn't tell the press this while he was
still being paid by the White House.)   Press members have stated he has told them that "one day" I'll be
able to give you the whole story.   This week is the "one day" he was talking about.   If you take the time to actually
listen to his current interviews, he states specifically why he wrote the book and why it's being released now.  If you care about any answers to your questions then watch him on meet the press this weekend.

He did resign (was actually kind of pushed out--most likely because he began to question certain things he was being
told to say) and I find him quite believeble.   But then again, I'm actually listening to his answers, unlike others on this forum who don't want to hear what he has to say.

It's true that I have not seen his interviews - just a few blurbs.  I'm glad he'll be on Meet The Press - it's on automatic record on my DVR.

Regardless of what he has to say, I doubt that I'll believe that at least part of this isn't money motivated.  Your statement "of course he couldn't tell the press this while he was still being paid by the White House" indicates your belief in money motivation for lying while on the job so how can we expect anything different for a well-paid book.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »

Dolfan, just wanted to respond to your comment.  My comment:  "of course he couldn't tell the press..." I thought was self explanatary but you chose to say that I believe he was "lying" on the job.  I simply stated he could only
tell the press EXACTLY what he was told to tell them--nothing more and nothing less.

We're dealing in lot's of grey areas he was discussing--not always black and white.   In his opinion, he found out
much later that the things he was told to tell the press were not 100% true.  His motivation now is to clear his
name--sure he'll make some money on the book--so what.  He also opens himself up to being sued (which could
take away any money he makes) if he is really telling untruths in his book and loses a court case.  Guess what--
he won't be sued by anyone because DEPOSITIONS are a bit*h.    Just ask Roger Clemens what happens when
you sue someone and other skeletons are brought out of the closet.

As an analogy--when Bill Clinton (who I think was a GREAT president) was caught in the Lewinsky scandal, he told
his wife (yes he lied) that nothing sexual happened.   Hillary then went on interviews and supported her husband
stating the "right wing conspiracy theories".    She was told by Bill that nothing happened and that is what she
repeated.   Now, when she went on T.V. interviews and stated otherwise was she a LIAR??No she wasn't a liar because she she was told otherwise.  She found out later she was given false information--that doesn't mean she was a liar at the time.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:58:35 PM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 02:12:39 AM »

Let me see if I got this straight?

I wouldn't want the Holier than thou crowd of Ken and buffaloturd to hit me with their Jesus or Antisemitic swords again!

When the ventriloquist has his hand in the back of the dummy everyone knows who controls his speech.

When the ventriloquist and the dummy part ways the dummy is now a disgruntled former employee!

There are definitely some members here who need to get a clue.  And they could start by not insulting our common sense!

Scott McClellan = Jose Conseco

Remember how Jose was attacked and vilified?  Now Jose looks the only MLB player with any integrity! 
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 04:55:39 AM »

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nice try but ANYTHING McClellan said while Bush's spokesperson was given to him to say.   That includes the
"bashing" you speak of.  By the way, please show me the direct quote you are referring to when you say he
bashed people for leaving and writing tell all books.  What specific other books are you referring to?   Oh yeah
that's right, you'll not answer this specific question.

After he resigned he is free to tell his opinion of what his job was like.   If you don't like it, don't read it.

You want to see the two faces of Scott McClellan?. Not a problem my freiend. Oh and this is from a legit news source too:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/05/as-scottie-sowe.html

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 04:57:38 AM »

I wouldn't want the Holier than thou crowd of Ken and buffaloturd to hit me with their Jesus or Antisemitic swords again!

When the ventriloquist has his hand in the back of the dummy everyone knows who controls his speech.

When the ventriloquist and the dummy part ways the dummy is now a disgruntled former employee!

There are definitely some members here who need to get a clue.  And they could start by not insulting our common sense!

Remember how Jose was attacked and vilified?  Now Jose looks the only MLB player with any integrity! 

He stupid. Go look at some McClellan quotes.

trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 06:53:59 AM »

You want to see the two faces of Scott McClellan?. Not a problem my freiend. Oh and this is from a legit news source too:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/05/as-scottie-sowe.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

Question, BB.   Do you think Scott sat down the night before at home and wrote those quotes himself or do you
believe his "comments" were given to him by White House staff to be his official "word" on behalf of the White
House?   Thank you.   

Oh, by the way, since no one else has yet answered this question let me ask you.

Just WHO can ever criticize the President of the United States that would actually be acceptable to you?

Like I said, if it's a democrat you'll just call them a crazy liberal.

If it's a republican you'll just call them someone with an ax to grind who has ulterior motives.

If it's a former staff member, they're just "disgruntled" and why didn't they state their criticism earlier??

If it's the media then they're biased in some way.

Who EXACTLY is acceptable BB to criticize the president that you would not immediately bash?? 

Scott is now a private citizen (no longer under ORDERS to say certain things) and is free to give his PERSONAL opinions on all topics.  When he is at the podium in the White House he cannot give HIS PERSONAL OPINIONS.

You know, BB, I'll bet you never shook hands with a boss or higher up in your company and said "good to see you sir"
and then after they left said'--"what an assh*le" or something to that affect.    One is your professional comment
and other is your PERSONAL feeling.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:55:50 AM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 10:33:29 AM »

Knowitall:

Spend $ 1.50 on the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) or go to your neighborhood library and read the editoral page on Scott McClellan.

I would copy and post it here but I respect the copyright laws.

Kenneth J. Chadwick
George Bush Super Supporter

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
balmoral buddy

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »

Knowitall:

Spend $ 1.50 on the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) or go to your neighborhood library and read the editoral page on Scott McClellan.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

They would not read it if you posted it. The far left wingers do not want anything close to the truth - they just want anything that supports their cause - it makes no difference if it is true or not.

Just listen to the two preachers who Obama called advisers to him - they spew HATE and have the gall to think of themselves as God's mouthpiece - disgusting. Obama will lose mainly because of these two lunatics. Just think about this possibility - the next President will be naming the Secretary of Defense, probably Supreme Court Justices, etc - would you want this person to be a person who calls these two reverends his friends and advisers? Very, very scary
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 12:38:07 PM »

Knowitall:

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Would this be the same Wall Street Journal that spent 8 years in the 90's trying to claim Vince Foster was murdered and Bill Clinton was responsible?

Or is there a more credible Wall Street Journal editoral page?

I've have read the WSJ dating back to when Regan started our country's colossal decline!

Regan stared with a young monkey in the movies, then Bush Sr. helped steal the monkey an election in 2000!

Thanks for your political insight and economic acumen!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:51:16 PM by knowitall » Report to moderator   Logged
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »

They would not read it if you posted it. The far left wingers do not want anything close to the truth - they just want anything that supports their cause - it makes no difference if it is true or not.

Just listen to the two preachers who Obama called advisers to him - they spew HATE and have the gall to think of themselves as God's mouthpiece - disgusting. Obama will lose mainly because of these two lunatics. Just think about this possibility - the next President will be naming the Secretary of Defense, probably Supreme Court Justices, etc - would you want this person to be a person who calls these two reverends his friends and advisers? Very, very scary

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't yet read ot but I'll presume it speaks of Scott in very unflattering terms (otherwise I'm sure you wouldn't
have brought it up).  My question then is why did they wait 2 YEARS to say something negative about Scott and ONLY after his book comes out?  Sounds like another Right Wing conspiracy theory to me.

Oh and by the way Kenneth--you, BB, etc. still have not answered my question:

Who in your minds IS an acceptable source that can EVER criticize the President, George W. Bush that you would
not immediately trash?   Still waiting for that answer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:50:28 PM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »

Haven't yet read ot but I'll presume it speaks of Scott in very unflattering terms (otherwise I'm sure you wouldn't
have brought it up).  My question then is why did they wait 2 YEARS to say something negative about Scott and ONLY after his book comes out?  Sounds like another Right Wing conspiracy theory to me.

Who in your minds IS an acceptable source that can EVER criticize the President, George W. Bush that you would

How about Senator John McCain?

Pre-I want to get elected president at any cost days, of course!

Has any of you self righteous republican hypocrites asked McCain how his black illegitimate baby is doing these days?

Oh Wait!  There is no black illegitimate baby that was just an honorable Bush dirty trick!
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 01:14:53 PM »

You choose:
George Soras
Chris Matthews
John Gibson
Bill O'Reilley
Keith Olbermann
Glenn Beck
Jeremiah Wright
Last and not least:

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 01:18:34 PM »

I've have read the WSJ dating back to when Regan started our country's colossal decline!

Even if you believe that our country has been in a "colossal decline" you would have to admit that Jimmy "Piece of Crap" Carter would have started it.  Or Nixon.  Or Johnson.  Or Kennedy...

Your statement says it all though - what a waste of time.  And it was REAGAN, not Regan.  You could at least get something right, can't you?  But you've been reading the WSJ for 28 years - what BS! 

BSmeter BSmeter BSmeter

knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2008, 01:30:48 PM »

Even if you believe that our country has been in a "colossal decline" you would have to admit that Jimmy "Piece of Crap" Carter would have started it.  Or Nixon.  Or Johnson.  Or Kennedy...

Your statement says it all though - what a waste of time.  And it was REAGAN, not Regan.  You could at least get something right, can't you?  But you've been reading the WSJ for 28 years - what BS! 

BSmeter BSmeter BSmeter

Nothing gives me more pleasure then getting under the skin of inbred self righteous Republicans!

And the quickest way to do that is use Donald Regan's last name for their God and savior REAGEN! doh

Oops, REGEN! doh

I mean RAEGON! doh

Sorry but my computer keyboard won't let me type the name of the devil! nyah
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »

Nothing gives me more pleasure then getting under the skin of inbred self righteous Republicans!

And the quickest way to do that is use Donald Regan's last name for their God and savior REAGEN! doh

Oops, REGEN! doh

I mean RAEGON! doh

Sorry but my computer keyboard won't let me type the name of the devil! nyah

Just for the record, as most know by now, I'm a registered Democrat & have voted against GW Bush 2ice & Jeb Bush 2ice, which makes me 0 for my last 4.

That aside, I'm glad that you ended our little disagreement with as much intelligence as you started it!

You are officially  BSmeter

edwarren

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »

How about Senator John McCain?

Pre-I want to get elected president at any cost days, of course!

Has any of you self righteous republican hypocrites asked McCain how his black illegitimate baby is doing these days?

Oh Wait!  There is no black illegitimate baby that was just an honorable Bush dirty trick!

Aahaahah

The bushes have always known how to deliver a sub-standard product. Its their trademark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: