Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 04:41:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Mcclellan (Bush's most loyal political aide for 7 years) tells the truth!  (Read 8182 times)
trotter1

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »

Can't wait to see how baby Bush's supporters quickly bash this guys inside information as being
a "disguntled former employee", etc.   He was incrediby close to the Bush family as well.  He would not
make up lies to sell a book he didn't have to write and thus end his friendship with Bush, Bush's family and
every person who supports GW (at least while he's still in office). 

Remember, he was HAND PICKED by GW to be his press secretary ( a very important position) and
was GW's communication director as well in 1999.   He was one of GW's most loyal political aides.

His writings revealed today show the REAL GEORGE W. BUSH, behind the scenes.  Just further proof this
guy will go down as the worst president in the history.

thumbs down thumbs down
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:48:54 AM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
carl baldwin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »

He sounds like Dick Morris
Report to moderator   Logged
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »

This is a must read. i'm sure we'll all find out in 10-15 years what we already know. The worst ever, may be an understatement. thumbs down

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »

Before all you LIBERALS praise the likes of Scott McClellan, just breathe in for a few days and wait till you hear the other side of the story.

My take:

I knew the book was coming out for about three months.

How does a guy make money  dollar dollar dollar dollar.  Juice up the book.

Remember its all about the money.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Hard core Conservative 

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
freak

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »

Don't worry, the righties will play it off and nothing will come of it. Look at Rove, that piece of crap is making more now than he was before he committed treason against America. And the republicans have made him a hero and put him on fox news as a top analyst. There is no intelligent way to defend what they do, but that doesn't stop them. Bush is a hero to many in the republican party, which speaks volumes about who they are.

NiatrossJumps

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 02:35:19 PM »

I wish, I wish, this forum could STICK to Harness issues....Maybe the administrators could put up a OFF-TOPIC/Watercooler forum to cover everything else (In particular politics). This  seems to be needed lately (I was hoping the "Barack Obama is the worst thing in the history of everything" thread, would finally disappear, maybe we can move it to this NEW forum!!). Anyhoo just my rant on the poitical threads.  Wink
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:48:48 PM »

I wish, I wish, this forum could STICK to Harness issues....Maybe the administrators could put up a OFF-TOPIC/Watercooler forum to cover everything else (In particular politics). This  seems to be needed lately (I was hoping the "Barack Obama is the worst thing in the history of everything" thread, would finally disappear, maybe we can move it to this NEW forum!!). Anyhoo just my rant on the poitical threads.  Wink

Ah, but what you're missing is Scott McClellan is catch-driving at Maywood this weekend!  He's going to sneak in in Jim Durante's silks.  True, he's never driven a pacer before but he figures in Durante's silks, nobody will know the difference.  Then, he's gonna write a book about how he was approached to stiff by Karl Rove... dude

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
freak

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 03:02:25 PM »

Nice save, Dolfan.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 03:10:24 PM »

And the republicans have made him a hero and put him on fox news as a top analyst.

Freak:

The Republicans didn't put Karl Rove on Fox News.

Fox News hired Karl Rove, because what he brings to the table.
It's business.
Get it!

Kenneth J. Chadwick

trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »

Before all you LIBERALS praise the likes of Scott McClellan, just breathe in for a few days and wait till you hear the other side of the story.

My take:

I knew the book was coming out for about three months.

How does a guy make money  dollar dollar dollar dollar.  Juice up the book.

Remember its all about the money.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Hard core Conservative 

------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see, if a liberal criticizes Bush --he's just some crazy left wing liberal.

If a Conservative criticizes Bush he's some disgruntled politician or someone with an ax to grind.

If the person HAND PICKED by the President to be his mouthpiece to the press and is a VERY CLOSE
personal aide to him for 7 years criticizes the President he is just trying to sell a book.
(Forget the fact that he could be SUED if he's lying about items in the book and the fact that he is
cutting ties with the entire Bush family and all of Bush's friends--it's just to make a few dollars, right?).

You mean to tell me he couldn't have made money selling this book (with all his inside information)
if he was overall positive in tone?   You're kidding yourself.

So, a question for you.    Just who exactly CAN criticize the President if not any of the above individuals??
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or, maybe you could just read the threads title and choose to skip it.   The "Barack Obama thread has had more
posts to it than ALL OF THE OTHER HORSERACING THREADS COMBINED over the past couple of weeks.

It's 1 thread out of a 100.  What's the problem--obviously the BTW members are responding to it more than any other.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »

This Mccllellan book is about as truthful as the promised Joe Dakuris book about harness racing.
At least Mccllelan found a publisher for his lies.
NiatrossJumps

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or, maybe you could just read the threads title and choose to skip it.   The "Barack Obama thread has had more
posts to it than ALL OF THE OTHER HORSERACING THREADS COMBINED over the past couple of weeks.

It's 1 thread out of a 100.  What's the problem--obviously the BTW members are responding to it more than any other.

This is/was(?) a harness forum. If you want to post political stuff(?) to start something do it in another forum. Really DOES NOT belong here, that's the problem. I see a problem when these start to dominate here. I do think the forum police could easily solve this by creating a new "Watercooler" forum.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »

This Mccllellan book is about as truthful as the promised Joe Dakuris book about harness racing.
At least Mccllelan found a publisher for his lies.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, the book is not even out yet and you're already calling it a complete lie--how did you manage to read it
cover to cover??    The guy is a "former" employee because he RESIGNED.  He resigned because
he could not keep being the mouthpiece for a President who was pushing a false agenda.

If he was still there you would have said "Then why didn't he resign?".    When he RESIGNS he's called
a former disgruntled employee.   If my boss lied to the public and caused 35,000 young men and women
to be killed and/or injured I'd resign and be disgruntled as well.   GW Bush--the worst president in the history.
Let's see how many Bush insiders sue for libel and or defamation.  Wanna know the answer--it will be ZERO.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »

He was one of GW's most loyal political aides.
 thumbs down thumbs down

So was Benedict Arnold!

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 06:36:51 PM »

The Bush party line seems to be "This isn't the Scott we used to know". It was said by at least 5 Bush people today.

He was a "team player" before, I guess.

He's taking a HUGE chance coming out against the Bushes. They ALWAYS get revenge.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 07:17:45 PM »

Can't wait to see how baby Bush's supporters quickly bash this guys inside information as being
a "disguntled former employee", etc.   He was incrediby close to the Bush family as well.  He would not
make up lies to sell a book he didn't have to write and thus end his friendship with Bush, Bush's family and
every person who supports GW (at least while he's still in office). 

Remember, he was HAND PICKED by GW to be his press secretary ( a very important position) and
was GW's communication director as well in 1999.   He was one of GW's most loyal political aides.

His writings revealed today show the REAL GEORGE W. BUSH, behind the scenes.  Just further proof this
guy will go down as the worst president in the history.

thumbs down thumbs down

Wow. Where do I start? Gimme a few seconds ... Alright then:

1) You say he would not make up lies to sell a book? So by your theory then, since he is telling the truth in his book ... then he would have been lying to the entire world each and every day when he stood at his podium and defended and spoke for the President.

2) Now why would he not make up lies to sell a book? Ummmm let me think ... oh yeah, if he writes a book and stands by everything he ever said when he worked at the White House then he doesnt get to write a book in the first place. Funny how an advance check on a book deal makes people truthful.

3) You call McClellan "loyal" ... Loyalty doesnt write books.

4) So now tell me again just why McClellan didnt resign over his so-called disagreement with the President?

5) Not once but TWICE, McClelan spoke out publicly against tell-all; books written by former aids and trashed them. In fact, McClellan said on one occasion four years ago, "Well, why, all of a sudden, if he had all these grave concerns, did he not raise these sooner? This is one-and-a-half years after he left the administration."

Lastly, McClellan four years ago said, "And I think you have to look at some of the facts. One, he is bringing this up in the heat of a presidential campaign. He has written a book and he certainly wants to go out there and promote that book."

I thank you for allowing me to dismiss the ethics of Scott McClellan.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »

1) You say he would not make up lies to sell a book? So by your theory then, since he is telling the truth in his book ... then he would have been lying to the entire world each and every day when he stood at his podium and defended and spoke for the President.

2) Now why would he not make up lies to sell a book? Ummmm let me think ... oh yeah, if he writes a book and stands by everything he ever said when he worked at the White House then he doesnt get to write a book in the first place. Funny how an advance check on a book deal makes people truthful.

4) So now tell me again just why McClellan didnt resign over his so-called disagreement with the President?

5) Not once but TWICE, McClelan spoke out publicly against tell-all; books written by former aids and trashed them. In fact, McClellan said on one occasion four years ago, "Well, why, all of a sudden, if he had all these grave concerns, did he not raise these sooner? This is one-and-a-half years after he left the administration."

Lastly, McClellan four years ago said, "And I think you have to look at some of the facts. One, he is bringing this up in the heat of a presidential campaign. He has written a book and he certainly wants to go out there and promote that book."

You obviously have never listened to the President's spokesperson. They all use weasel words so they won't have to actually lie.

But, you believed him then when he told all those "lies", now you don't.

I thought he DID resign. After he found out Rove had blatantly lied to him about the Plame outing. Not RIGHT away, he took some time so he wouldn't embarrass Bush. These two were very close, no?

I love it, though. The "nineteen percenters" won't believe Bush could possibly do any wrong, even if it comes from the Bush team itself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 07:38:57 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 07:37:18 PM »

So was Benedict Arnold!

Kenneth J. Chadwick

-------------------------------------

So my friend.  Back to the original question which you chose to pass over.   Just who CAN criticize George W. Bush
and have any credibility in your eyes?   Not liberals, right?   Not conservatives with a grudge against him, right?
Certainly not his close personal aides who worked intimately with him for 7 YEARS.   

Am I missing anyone--or can GW just not be criticized by anyone in your eyes.   
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

-------------------------------------

So my friend.  Back to the original question which you chose to pass over.   Just who CAN criticize George W. Bush
and have any credibility in your eyes?   Not liberals, right?   Not conservatives with a grudge against him, right?
Certainly not his close personal aides who worked intimately with him for 7 YEARS.   

Am I missing anyone--or can GW just not be criticized by anyone in your eyes.   

If Bush himself said he lied, they wouldn't believe him. Because he would be a liar.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 07:54:40 PM »

If Bush himself said he lied, they wouldn't believe him. Because he would be a liar.

----------------------------------

So true.
 beer
freak

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »

Freak:

The Republicans didn't put Karl Rove on Fox News.

Fox News hired Karl Rove, because what he brings to the table.
It's business.
Get it!

Kenneth J. Chadwick

I get it. Treason is good for ratings and republicans are gullible. Plus he only outed a couple people who spoke up against the administration for lying to get us into a war, no big deal. You guys will come up with some of the weakest crap to make sense out of a man who should be in prison getting off without even losing a step. Pitiful.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »

Can GW pardon himself when he leaves office?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »

Can GW pardon himself when he leaves office?

Probably. Hahahaha! Former Gov. Jim Thompson is ALREADY angling for Bush to pardon disgraced Former Gov. George Ryan. Has Ryan been in jail 3 months yet?
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

You're welcome but what have you dismissed?? Nothing.  McClellan was a loyal "soldier" everyday saying exactly what he was told to say.  Just as our loyal soldiers serving the country are doing what they're told to do.  Only difference is they're not allowed to resign, unlike the President's spokesperson.

Scott volunteered for the job and put out the word(s) that the President's staff approved.  Nothing more and nothing less.
You should listen to a replay of the today show this morning when Matt Lauer asked Charlie Gibson, Katie Couric and Brian Williams about Scott's book and if the three of them had any feedback on it.

Each of them stated that whenever they did an interview with a Bush official that the White House felt was too
"harsh" they or their people received personal calls from White House staff stating that the White House did not
like the "tone" of their interviews and if they want to have continued access to the President and his staff then
they should keep that in mind.   This is directly out of the mouths of Charlie, Katie and Brian this morning. 

My point is that the White House kept very close tabs on what the press was releasing the the public.   Scott didn't
write his own press releases--they came from Bush's close circle.   His job was to stand up there and tell the
press what he is told to tell them.    If he ultimately doesn't like the position he's in than he needed to resign.

Guess what, he didn't like the position he was being put in with the misleading information he was forced to put out and
he resigned.  Once he is no longer an employee and has no ties to the White House he is certainly free to write a
book to say what he was never ALLOWED to say while he was the official Press Secretary.

I always would rather hear what a person has to say about a company (and a President) AFTER they are no longer
working for the company (or President) and not while they're employed by them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:52:45 PM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: