Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 06:44:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: The Price of Gasoline, I think it's important!  (Read 4196 times)
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2008, 09:56:50 PM »

All I'm saying is we need to take care of OUR country and it's people first!!!

This is not the typical comment of a lefty!  You sound very American here.

Democratic  president republican congress or republican congress and democratic president is the only chance this country has.  Otherwise the party in power will fleece us good.

This is not the typical comment of a righty!  You sound very American here.

Reading these 2 posts makes me proud to be an American.  That said, everybody should be happy that Bush is making friends in Africa.  Bush is probably thinking to himself "now Africa - there's a country that's never harmed us".
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:10:01 PM by Dolfan » Report to moderator   Logged

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Tsunami

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2008, 10:02:50 PM »

This is not the typical comment of a lefty!  You sound very American here.

How did you know I was left handed?  Grin
Report to moderator   Logged
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2008, 11:21:51 AM »

Oil will be back in the headlines this weekend, after a price spike of $12.00 a barrel in the last two trading days!

Last monday, I heard that George Soros announced he thought oil prices were about to soften, and Rush Limbaugh commented that Soros made the remark to enhance his own short position on the commodity.  But with Europe's central bank hinting at raising interest rates, and the monthly increase in unemployment claims of 5.5%, highest since 1986, we could be in for $150 per barrel oil soon. It now seems likely (to me anyway, and I am a high school dropout) that traders quickly went the other way thursday in light of this.  Volume is HUGE, and lot of short-covering going on.  And on the technical side, the dollar hit the magic barrier or ceiling of strength at the 74 mark, and when traders saw it retreat, that is exactly the same hour that oil spiked on the nymex.

So, Basically, for now, we are screwed as consumers.

As a side note of some possible good news.  It may be that we can drill Anwar and the huge South Dakota reserve without the enviromentalists approval, via miles long horizontal drilling.  Punch a hole miles away, in a non-sensitive area, then go laterally for 15 miles, and suck out the black stuff.  This according to a friend who is an engineer for Chevron Tex in Concord California.  Sez they are about to go forward on it later this year.

The more you bet...the more you win
Lockjaw

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2008, 12:43:01 PM »

As a side note of some possible good news.  It may be that we can drill Anwar and the huge South Dakota reserve without the enviromentalists approval, via miles long horizontal drilling.  Punch a hole miles away, in a non-sensitive area, then go laterally for 15 miles, and suck out the black stuff.  This according to a friend who is an engineer for Chevron Tex in Concord California.  Sez they are about to go forward on it later this year.

This is the kind of news needed to slow down the speculators.  Like handicappers, oil speculators "make bets" based on a set of assumptions.  Some assumptions, like environmental  prohibitions against drilling, turn out, over time, to be so reliable that they become givens.  New drilling that doesn't upset the "greenies" will put one of the "givens" back in play, thereby giving some pause to those who would trade at higher and higher prices.  On a whim, Hugo Chavez and Akmadinajad can give a speech, making real or imaginary threats, and oil prices will spike overnight.  Our response to their "PSYOPS" is to whine about our oil dependency and reinforce the "givens" that keep us more and more dependent.  Also, I don't think there is any such thing as safe drilling in the minds of the extreme environmentalists.
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2008, 01:25:06 PM »

this much is clear. joint chief pays the bad guys multimillions o tone it down til election, then back to business as usual.

thats how i'd hand;le it.

have a nice day cheerleaders

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »

Yes, not "safe" drilling, but rather "legal" drilling.  But whenever you have to seek approval from communists to work in your own country, on your own land, for your own future.....you are in trouble.  And that is exactly where we are.  But Obama will get us on the right path.   maroon

The more you bet...the more you win
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: