Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 07:06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: The Price of Gasoline, I think it's important!  (Read 4279 times)
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »

Here's an article about the price of gasoline.
I did not copy the entire article due to copyright laws, but it's out there.

AP IMPACT: What makes up the price of gas?
By JOHN PORRETTO and JOHN WILEN (AP Business Writers)
From Associated Press
May 23, 2008 9:30 PM EDT

AP Business Writer Adrian Sainz in Miami contributed to this story.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I think if you google this you will find the article.

Kenneth J. Chadwick
Report to moderator   Logged

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Dan Villeky

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 03:32:26 PM »

Ken............Ken.............Ken

Never, ever, support your argument with facts!!!!
It really upsets these bed wetting liberals who can't think rationally if there is not a "I hate Bush" reference somewhere in the presentation
freak

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

It still lays considerable blame on the falling dollar, which in my opinion is this administration's fault. If the dollar was better the cost would go down. And since we make the same amount as we did before they screwed up the economy it directly effects us. It also fails to mention what is happening to the billions of gallons of oil that are still unavailable in Iraq because of damage to wells and shipping lines during the war. That cuts the supply down, and combined with the falling dollar puts two strikes against our current administration.

By the way Villeky, I'm a liberal and I don't wet the bed. If you were a little younger I'd offer to let you take out some aggression on me, but you probably don't have the proper equipment anyway. Not all of us are pacifists, we just like to help out our fellow Americans who need it from time to time.

I know Samstar. I'm not picking this fight, I'm just accepting the offer for the bed wetting comment.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 04:41:06 PM »

It still lays considerable blame on the falling dollar, which in my opinion is this administration's fault. If the dollar was better the cost would go down. And since we make the same amount as we did before they screwed up the economy it directly effects us. It also fails to mention what is happening to the billions of gallons of oil that are still unavailable in Iraq because of damage to wells and shipping lines during the war. That cuts the supply down, and combined with the falling dollar puts two strikes against our current administration.

By the way Villeky, I'm a liberal and I don't wet the bed. If you were a little younger I'd offer to let you take out some aggression on me, but you probably don't have the proper equipment anyway. Not all of us are pacifists, we just like to help out our fellow Americans who need it from time to time.

I know Samstar. I'm not picking this fight, I'm just accepting the offer for the bed wetting comment.

i agree totally. until we get the dollar moving higher we will be in trouble. and if gas keeps going up at this rate look out for total financial instability in our economy and possibly the world. in the meantime inflation will be out of control.

it can all happen in the blink of a stock market meltdown or a protracted downturn that can last as long as the depression. not a pretty picture.

i feel sorry for the younger generation who have to put up with this crap. at least i can say i was around when gas was a quarter a gallon. gas companies are just sticking it to the american people and the economy. the american people should have a work boycott like they do in france. maybe that would get someones attention and just think how much gas we would not use during the boycott.   just a thought.

hope things get better for everyone except the upper 1%.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »

Moon, take your filth to horse-***, you are obviously in need of help.

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »

I believe that the dollar has fallen because our government has been blowing our money.  They are inteferring in the free markets by trying to be all things to all people. They are subsidizing Farmers, banks, housing markets, oil fields, green energy,  coal mining in short they are trying to be all things to all people and we can't afford a government that is all things to all people.
I have a little question for all of you.
 If we reduced our use of gasoline and diesel by 7 percent, would the price of gas go down?Huh??

samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »

Pacinfool, The standard of living in this country is very high for the poor and the middle class compared to other countries. I would like to see the poor do better, but it is not the rich peoples fault that the poor don't do better.
Our government has done a terrible job of preparing the poor for a better life.  Education and training are the only thing that will make the poor, middle class and the middle class, rich. Don't blame the rich for the failures of the government.
Only one in 5 kids that enter high school in Detroit graduate.  You can't blame that on the rich.  Put the blame where it belongs on the greedy ineffective politicians.  The GI Bill educated a whole generation after world war 2 and started us on the road to middle class prosperity. The only bills the democrats introduce are give aways.  The old proverb of give a fish or teach to fish.   

samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 07:50:45 PM »

Capt. Cash, I didn't want to be the one to "out" him.

samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 08:49:28 PM »

Moon, that line you refer to will  probably be the heading of your obituary. Of course it could be the title of your autobiography.

samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »

Moon, I think you need what you liberals call a "time out".  Maybe what you need is a trip to the parking lot with Freak. (sorry freak, I couldn't resist, but he really does need a good butt kicking doesn't he?)

pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 10:13:21 PM »

Pacinfool, The standard of living in this country is very high for the poor and the middle class compared to other countries. I would like to see the poor do better, but it is not the rich peoples fault that the poor don't do better.
Our government has done a terrible job of preparing the poor for a better life.  Education and training are the only thing that will make the poor, middle class and the middle class, rich. Don't blame the rich for the failures of the government.
Only one in 5 kids that enter high school in Detroit graduate.  You can't blame that on the rich.  Put the blame where it belongs on the greedy ineffective politicians.  The GI Bill educated a whole generation after world war 2 and started us on the road to middle class prosperity. The only bills the democrats introduce are give aways.  The old proverb of give a fish or teach to fish.   

run for president i will vote for you

Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 11:42:43 PM »

Moon, I think you need what you liberals call a "time out".  Maybe what you need is a trip to the parking lot with Freak. (sorry freak, I couldn't resist, but he really does need a good butt kicking doesn't he?)

Get back in your Hummer. Liberals might be about!!! Ooooh, scary Liberals. Run, samstar, run!
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 11:43:32 PM »

Moon, that line you refer to will  probably be the heading of your obituary. Of course it could be the title of your autobiography.

Is that some kind of a threat?
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 02:05:16 AM »

I"m sure today's generation of young folks, of all income levels, would love a massive post-high school education program like a GI bill. In one breath, you castigate government and "greedy, ineffective politicians." In the next, you praise a massive government spending program that was conceived, passed and administered by Democrac presidents and Congresses (and, keeping with the tenor of the times, surely supported by many or most Republicans).

In the post-Great Society era, do college-tuition tax credits and government scholarship programs qualify as "giveaways?" How about Head Start (like for those kids in Detroit who had the misfortune of being born to dysfunctional parents in a collapsed microcosm of society)? Are the K-12 teachers making too much money?

The permanent AFDC entitlement is dead, which brings us to the REAL giveway programs, for the elderly, which were also conceived by Democrats, and which few greedy, ineffective politicians in either party would touch. Should they?

I sure don't blame the rich for problems with government, or the fact that some people just aren't making it. Fair taxation shouldn't be confused as blaming. I welcome Obama's proposals to shift more of the income-tax burden to households making more than $200,000.

It's not just poorly educated people who are falling behind. According to Time magazine, 75 percent of all income gains from 2002 to 2006 went to the top 1 percent of households, those making more than $382,600. I'm not suggesting massive tax reversals, as much of the inequity is caused by global competition in MANY professions, and it's incumbent upon everyone to get in the game. But how do income inequity and stagnation prop up the consumer, the chief driver of the economy and the GDP gains most of us need to secure a decent retirement? They don't. They erode consumer spending.

To cite a state example, Minnesota's household tax burden -- income, sales, property -- has, as a percentage of income, fallen on higher-income families and risen on middle- and lower-income families. This is a historical anomoly, and I don't see how it does anyone any good. It followed a series of income-tax cuts engineered by Tim Pawlenty when he was in the Legislature. (It should be noted that over this same period, business property taxes were cut with bipartisan agreement.)

Samstar, you mentioned in another post government's weakness for being something to everyone, from farms to coal (I'll thrown in the elderly, SOME of whom DON'T NEED THE HELP!) There's the crux. The greedy, ineffective politicians are no better than us.

edwarren

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 04:49:18 AM »

The House and Senate must pass a bill mandating ALL CARS SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES BE FLEX-FUEL.

President Jorge Bushigula, who is VERY CLOSE TO THE SAUDIS, is on record as saying he will VETO that bill and that veto must be over-ridden.

Either that, or President Clinton or Obama will sign the bill next year.

You have to be blind or dumb not to notice the record prices of gasoline and diesel have coincided with "the surge."

Bushigula has ruined the country and his party. Greedy for power and WARPED BY AMBITION, he continues to fail. The war in Iraq has been a huge foreign policy failure and the time to get out of there is now.

Ed.

flag    flag    flag

pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 09:31:54 AM »

the middle class has been shrinking for years. just because alot of people bought houses in the last 20 years some individuals think the middle class is fine and expanding. not to be the case. most of these people have mortgage their lives and couldn't pay their credit card bills if they tried. which creates a larger amount moving toward poverty. if some lost their jobs would lose everything. by living in the now, wanting everything and not waiting until they really can afford to pay for it is philoshphy that rules peoples thinking these days.

blame government, blame politicians. i say things begin on an individual level. it's everyones responsibility to learn to manage their own life and lifestyle. if you spend more than you make everyday and you lose everything over time....who fault is that?

the poor who have kids. what do they expect for their family. you can't blame the government for people who bring a life in the world they cannot afford to give a proper up bringing. who pays for these things? who pays for illegals? who pays for all the programs?

we the people.... first three words in the declaration of indepence not we the politicians.
most people are at fault for their own SELF INDUCED ILLS. most politicians do suck. most politicians are self-serving. it doesn't alter the fact people have to manage their lives better.

everyone likes to point the blame. there is enough blame to go around.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »

Edwarren, just what we need another name calling liberal.

edwarren

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

Samstar, another America wrecking right-winger.

Bush wrecked the country and ruined the GOP.

Iraq is a foreign policy disaster.

Your movement has run out of ideas.

flag   flag   flag
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »

I asked in an earlier post what everyone thought would happen if we reduced our use of fuel by 7%.  The reason I asked is that Pennsylvania just announced that their fuel tax income for the first quarter of this year is down by 7%.  This means that we are using 7% less fuel and paying 20% more per gallon. 

edwarren

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 11:10:51 AM »

The House and Senate must pass a bill mandating ALL CARS SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES BE FLEX-FUEL.

President Jorge Bushigula, who is VERY CLOSE TO THE SAUDIS, is on record as saying he will VETO that bill and that veto must be over-ridden.

Either that, or President Clinton or Obama will sign the bill next year.

You have to be blind or dumb not to notice the record prices of gasoline and diesel have coincided with "the surge."

Bushigula has ruined the country and his party. Greedy for power and WARPED BY AMBITION, he continues to fail. The war in Iraq has been a huge foreign policy failure and the time to get out of there is now.

Ed.

flag    flag    flag

Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

I asked in an earlier post what everyone thought would happen if we reduced our use of fuel by 7%.  The reason I asked is that Pennsylvania just announced that their fuel tax income for the first quarter of this year is down by 7%.  This means that we are using 7% less fuel and paying 20% more per gallon. 

And to further your observation Samstar, US consumption in calendar 2008 so far is down 3.3% vs. the same period in 2007. Yes prices are up 42% at the pump.  Isn't it about time the media starts talking about the real cause of this expensive fuel, that is not being driven by demand?

Here is a little secret.   

An ounce of gold today buys exactly the same amount of oil, as it did in 1960.

The spotlight in this crisis belongs on dollar devaluation, the Federal Reserve Banking enterprise, and our decision back in the 60's to go off the gold standard.  For then was when inflation started, housing, oil, and gold itself all began commanding higher prices.

Remember, it is not that these assets rise.......but that the dollar falls....and their defense of the process is "we need added liquidity to grow our economy"

The jury is still out on that one.  It will grow to a point, but then you eventually have hell to pay.  And I think Hell has just rung the doorbell in America.

The more you bet...the more you win
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 05:53:11 PM »

The House and Senate should put a moratorium on passing any bills.  They know not what they do and they do it anyway.  The bills that they have passed in the last few weeks  will help devalue the dollar by at least 10%. 

As Thorow said "That government is best witch rules the least."

JOHN W

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 10:46:42 PM »

QUESTION? WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE WOULD START TO USE SOME OF OUR RESERVES AND STOPPED HAVING TO BUY QUITE AS MUCH OF THE FOREIGN OIL? WOULD SUPPLY AND DEMAND GO INTO EFFECT A LITTLE OR WOULD WE PUT OURSELVES MORE AT THE OIL MOGALS MERCY BY USING OUR EMERGENCY SUPPLIES?

QUESTION? WHAT IF WE STARTED ANOTHER FIGHT WITH ONE OF THE BIG OIL PRODUCERS AND TOOK SOME OF THEIR SUPPLY TO HELP OUR CAUSE? OF COURSE THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN; BECAUSE OF,I BELIEVE, WELL SPENT FUNDS IN THE PROPER LOCATIONS.

QUESTION? WHY NOT ALTERNATIVE FUELS? DIESEL CAN BE MADE FROM RECYCLED FRYING OIL. DIESEL MOTORS CAN BE CONVERTED RELATIVELY INEXPENSIVELY. ONLY DRAWBACK IS HOW TO MAINTAIN THE SUPPLY ON A LONG TRIP.

WE DEFINATELY NEED HELP I KNOW IN MY LINE OF WORK AT THIS TIME--SHIPPING HORSES--- THE PRICES ARE HURTING US ALL.

I DO FORESEE POSSIBLY SOME RELIEF AFTER THE ELECTION BECAUSE I FEEL THAT "THE POWERS TO BE" ARE MAKING "THE POWERS OF NOW"  TO LOOK BAD SO THAT IN NOVEMBER THERE WILL BE A CHANGING OF THE GUARD
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 05:32:42 PM »

JOHN W Your questions are great.

1. If we started using our strategic reserves, we would end up without strategic reserves. I would feel pretty naked
under those circumstances.  The use of petroleum is  down by 3  to 7% in this country and the price has still gong way up. The addition of the Strategic supply wouldn't make a dent in prices.

2. We don't start fights to take territory, and I don't think we are  going to start now.  That's what The Japanese tried to do to secure the materials they needed for their empire.

3. The congress as stopped every attempt at alternative fuels in their tracks. The air force wanted to finance the building of a coal conversion plant on one of it's underutilized bases to convert coal to jet fuel.  It was a great idea and congress stamped it out like a bug. We have not build a nuclear plant in the country since 1978 because of congresses attitude.  France generates 80% of it's power by nuclear, we generate 15% of ours by  nuclear.  Of course Nuclear is the cleanest, safest and most efficient power generation available but our congress says NO.  If we started generating electric power we could expect the natural gas providers to urge us to using natural gas for our automobiles.  of course if we built enough nuclear we could also use electricity for our cars.  If congress would let us convert coal to diesel and jet fuel, we would be energy efficient in no time.  Of course in the Utopian world where congress does the right thing for us instead of for their few buddies, we would be able to drill for our own oil to supply our reduced needs.

You are absolutely right that the democrats want to make the president look as bad as possible to increase the Dems chances of getting elected.  The Dems are deliberately misleading us for selfish reasons that in my opinion border on treason.

talking head

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »

the democrats want to make the president look as bad as possible to increase the Dems chances of getting elected.  The Dems are deliberately misleading us for selfish reasons that in my opinion border on treason.
[/quote]NO one needs to make George W LOOK BAD,  he does a great job making himself look bad on his own!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: