Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 01:27:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are watching or listening to Running Aces tonight...  (Read 858 times)
Honeybear

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »

Please let me know how my announcing is coming along.

Thanks

Craig
Report to moderator   Logged
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »

Well I havent been able to watch full cards. Just races here and there. Today I saw the 2nd and 3rd races.

I would say your sounding more confident and more comfortable in calling the races and you are developing your own style.

I do like how you say "Ladies and Gentlemen" I dont mean your accent. I mean that you say "Ladies and Gentlemen". I also like how before a race, you say "You have made (whoever) the favorite". One Saturday, I heard you explain the different types of exotic bets which was very good. The point I am trying to make is that you do not sound like you are just announcing races, you sound like you are talking to individuals.

I have noticed that when you give prices, at least tonight, that you said "cents". You had been saying for example, "Six dollars twenty". I dont know if thats by accident or intentional but it was unique the way you had said it.

You also handle the dead time during inquiries better. At the start, you would say, "There is an inquiry. Please hold all tockets. More information to follow" but you would say it 1000 times. Now it isnt as much. You letthe situation stand for itself.

Just do me a favor please. Since the horse population hasnt grown yet, tell Greg Keidel to card some odd distance sprint races.l Try to be different and make your own mark.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
shadyshark

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »

IM SORRY SIR BUT YOU ARE BAD AND I MEAN BAD . YOU SOUND LIKE YOU SHOULD BE ANOUNCING RUNNERS ON THE TURF IN  EUROPE.  IM SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH SOMETIMES THE  TRUTH HURTS. BEST TRUE VOICE IN THE SPORT IS PATHETICLY ANNOUNCING AT BUFFALO RACEWAY. JUST MY OPINION, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS.   BILLY PERKINS  BEST TRUE VOICE ANNOUNCER IN THE SPORT!   MOST IRIATATING VOICE IS EASY  NONE  OTHER THAN ROGER HOUSTON. ABSOLUTELY HORRID AND SOME PEOPLE LIKE HIM SO THERE YOU GO.
Honeybear

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »

IM SORRY SIR BUT YOU ARE BAD AND I MEAN BAD . YOU SOUND LIKE YOU SHOULD BE ANOUNCING RUNNERS ON THE TURF IN  EUROPE.  IM SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH SOMETIMES THE  TRUTH HURTS. BEST TRUE VOICE IN THE SPORT IS PATHETICLY ANNOUNCING AT BUFFALO RACEWAY. JUST MY OPINION, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS.   BILLY PERKINS  BEST TRUE VOICE ANNOUNCER IN THE SPORT!   MOST IRIATATING VOICE IS EASY  NONE  OTHER THAN ROGER HOUSTON. ABSOLUTELY HORRID AND SOME PEOPLE LIKE HIM SO THERE YOU GO.

Perhaps you could explain for my benefit how I am bad, so I can improve?

I have announced a lot of runners on the turf in England.

Gb

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 08:48:16 PM »

Perhaps you could explain for my benefit how I am bad, so I can improve?

I have announced a lot of runners on the turf in England.

Honeybear, all this guy does is make Crap posts on here. Pay no attention to him. I have this guy on ignore cause every post is the same crap. IMO, you are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:27:58 AM by pezz97 » Report to moderator   Logged
rocket fuel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:16:39 PM »

You're doing an admirable job.  It would be nice if Running Aces was offered here in Chicago, I'd like to bet it sometime.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 11:25:30 PM »

Ok reading your post is 15 seconds of my life I can never get back.

At least have the intellectual integrity to say what you dont like about him and where you think he could improve in your opinion.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:27:14 PM by Buffaloboy » Report to moderator   Logged

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 11:27:53 PM »

You're doing an admirable job.  It would be nice if Running Aces was offered here in Chicago, I'd like to bet it sometime.

It would be nice to get it here in New York City also

Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 01:33:03 AM »

Craig, the color "coordination" and cap are good stuff.

Having been at the track several times, it's clear that many folks don't totally get the dynamics of the race -- they're yelling "go 3, go 3," to a horse that is grinding first up (or badly hung speed toast), or patiently following cover on the outside, or sitting on the rail waiting to be let loose. How can the race caller help?

Summer's coming; must be fuller fields and fresh horses a'comin' as well.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 03:03:41 AM »

I havent heard you call. I did take the time to look at all the posts of your basher and its par for the course for him and very unlike this forum. That you are asking for criticism and peoples thoughts is very admirable. I have a few friends who are race callers and you guys do a great job. I will try to catch a race and give an opinion.
freak

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 08:03:45 AM »

I watch most of your races at home since I know many of the horses up there and you have improved by leaps and bounds since the first week. You are much more comfortable with the style of racing and horses/drivers and you seem to have found a template from which to call all races in a similar fashion. I have no complaints at this point. I have 10 days off starting Friday and hope to come up and race a couple toward the end of next week. Maybe I'll get a chance to say hello.
shadyshark

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »

im not a basher i gave the gentleman my opinion and you people barade me like im a goon or something! SIR U CAN EITHER SING OR YOU CANT. WELL YOU CAN EITHER ANNOUNCE OR YOU CANT ITS THAT SIMPLE. THERE ARE ALREADY PLENTY OF PRETENDERS. AS I SAID YOU LISTEN TO MR PERKINS AT BUFFALO RACEWAY AND YOU WILL HERE 100% ANNOUNCER AS GOOD AS THEY COME.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »

im not a basher i gave the gentleman my opinion and you people barade me like im a goon or something! SIR U CAN EITHER SING OR YOU CANT. WELL YOU CAN EITHER ANNOUNCE OR YOU CANT ITS THAT SIMPLE. THERE ARE ALREADY PLENTY OF PRETENDERS. AS I SAID YOU LISTEN TO MR PERKINS AT BUFFALO RACEWAY AND YOU WILL HERE 100% ANNOUNCER AS GOOD AS THEY COME.

Why the hell cant you just say where you feel this guy can improve if you feel so strongly about it?

He didnt ask to be compared to other announcers. He asked about his performance.

The guy has called what, 100 harness races so far? Offer the guy positive advice and maybe he will develope into an announcer you like.

It takes guts for a guy like that to come to a message board and ask for a review of his work so he can get better.

Witherite

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 07:35:53 PM »

Never mind the fact Billy's not calling at Buffalo.  Robin is.

Craig, you're doing fine, mate.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 08:23:59 PM »

I just realized I met you at RCR once. Good luck man. I am sure you are doing great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: