Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 01:29:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eric ledford  (Read 5240 times)
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »

Dolfan:

I read what bigapple said and it is true. You would be very hard pressed to find an honest trainer or owner here who wants anything to do with Ledford, and that is why he wasn't getting drives. I'm sure that from your perch in FL you know a lot more about what is going on in NJ than those of us who are up here.  Grin

Apparently you don't understand the law. Circumstantial evidence is perfectly acceptable, and being convicted on circumstantial evidence is anything but a lynching.

By the way, I can't recall the Carmine Fusco comment. if you can find it I'll be happy to revisit it.

You have the typical wise-ass dismissive attitude of someone whose opinions simply run counter to the facts.

Right back at you.  And don't think you specialize in "facts".  Now go convict someone.
Report to moderator   Logged

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »

I know that I have very little support on this subject which is why I usually comment.  I was treated so well by The Ledfords that I find it necessary to defend them - even if I stand alone.  You're all entitled to your opinions.  But I do not accept the word of the police, even though they themselves admitted that there was never any proof that any illegal drugs were used.  Proof is a biggie for me as I knew someone in NY who was convicted of a violent crime (raping a minor) that he did not commit.  After serving many years in prison, he was exonerated by his accuser, who was then an adult.  There was no way of ever recovering those lost years or wiping away the doubt that his friends & family had.

As for me, I've known so many people who have wronged others that I feel forgiveness for the large majority of them when they ask for forgiveness or pay their debt.  (I obviously don't feel that Eric Ledford owes anything else to anyone.)  If I am "crucified" for feeling this way, then so be it.

To Buffaloboy,

I agree with you on Case & Filion.  In Walter's "case", he needs to maintain status in a recovery program to qualify, IMO.  Oh and no real feuds with Freelegged.  Any opinions are acceptable to me if they are not malicious (NJ Horseman).

To Pork,

Go convict everyone who's accused of anything.  You just better hope it doesn't happen to you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolfan-
You could claim a few horses out east and put Eric Ledford up to drive to "help him out".     If a drug dealer
in Chicago treated his people well.i.e--paid them well, bought them a new car, etc  with their "drug money"
they still deserve to be treated like drug dealers.

The Ledford's "stole" money with their doped up horses.   The drugs they used were ILLEGAL for equines.
The veterinarian who supplied all of their drugs had no possible reason for giving this drug to
Ledford/Daily.    They are very lucky they got off with the light sentence they did.    However, the real sentence
for Eric Ledford is being served by him every day--watching his former drivers make 300,000, 400,000, 500,000
600,000, 700,000 EACH YEAR and knowing it was all his if he didn't get so greedy.
njhorseman

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »

Right back at you.  And don't think you specialize in "facts".  Now go convict someone.

I don't need to convict the Ledfords. They already are convicted felons.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »

The drugs they used were ILLEGAL for equines.

The drugs they possessed.  "No proof of use" - the NJ State Police's words.  No positives.  Not even from the frozen blood.  Those are indisputable facts.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »

i dont feud with anyone on here

except goodfella because that dude thinks i am cheap    Shocked
You're cheap and a "tough guy" as macdaddi put it. Angry

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
FreeLegged

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2008, 07:02:10 PM »

lol

macdaddi RULES!
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »

I don't expect to convince or even sway anyone.  I've had my say.  You all know where I stand - alone but content.  I will now bow out of this thread.  However I will not "slither" out of this thread!

FreeLegged

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »

I do think there is something to be said for someone(you) who stands by someone(ledford)
that was good to you.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »

I don't expect to convince or even sway anyone.  I've had my say.  You all know where I stand - alone but content.  I will now bow out of this thread.  However I will not "slither" out of this thread!
You're not alone.Nj and other jurisdictions pick and choose who they go after although I do think Eric went over board with whatever he was doing to help his horses but it sure wasn't epo.

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
NIATROSS

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolfan-
You could claim a few horses out east and put Eric Ledford up to drive to "help him out".     If a drug dealer
in Chicago treated his people well.i.e--paid them well, bought them a new car, etc  with their "drug money"
they still deserve to be treated like drug dealers.

The Ledford's "stole" money with their doped up horses.   The drugs they used were ILLEGAL for equines.
The veterinarian who supplied all of their drugs had no possible reason for giving this drug to
Ledford/Daily.    They are very lucky they got off with the light sentence they did.    However, the real sentence
for Eric Ledford is being served by him every day--watching his former drivers make 300,000, 400,000, 500,000
600,000, 700,000 EACH YEAR and knowing it was all his if he didn't get so greedy.

Very well put trotter1 and I agree 1000%.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
pork

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »

http://
You're not alone.Nj and other jurisdictions pick and choose who they go after although I do think Eric went over board with whatever he was doing to help his horses but it sure wasn't epo.
Then why the Hell did they have it???It isn't cheap-not something one would purchase "just to have in case I need it" doh doh  Pork
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2008, 09:33:26 PM »

i dont feud with anyone on here

except goodfella because that dude thinks i am cheap    Shocked

Frugal, not cheap.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2008, 10:20:23 PM »

I know that I have very little support on this subject which is why I usually comment.  I was treated so well by The Ledfords that I find it necessary to defend them - even if I stand alone.  You're all entitled to your opinions.  But I do not accept the word of the police, even though they themselves admitted that there was never any proof that any illegal drugs were used.  Proof is a biggie for me as I knew someone in NY who was convicted of a violent crime (raping a minor) that he did not commit.  After serving many years in prison, he was exonerated by his accuser, who was then an adult.  There was no way of ever recovering those lost years or wiping away the doubt that his friends & family had.

As for me, I've known so many people who have wronged others that I feel forgiveness for the large majority of them when they ask for forgiveness or pay their debt.  (I obviously don't feel that Eric Ledford owes anything else to anyone.)  If I am "crucified" for feeling this way, then so be it.

To Buffaloboy,

I agree with you on Case & Filion.  In Walter's "case", he needs to maintain status in a recovery program to qualify, IMO.  Oh and no real feuds with Freelegged.  Any opinions are acceptable to me if they are not malicious (NJ Horseman).

To Pork,

Go convict everyone who's accused of anything.  You just better hope it doesn't happen to you.

Dolfan,

I can never say that innocent people have never been convicted of crimes but I dont get what you are trying to defend with Ledford. Please correct me if I am wrong but during the entire process, I dont remember Ledford claiming the evidence was planted or they were set-up. I havent heard Ledford proclaiming he was innocent. Whatever reason for that, I dont know.

I hate to say it this way but Ledford handled his return about as badly as possible. He needed to be contrite and it doesnt appear he was. He needed to ask for forgiveness and it doesnt appear he did. He needed to have a positive public relations spin and it doesnt appear he did. The perception I got was justthat he got done with his sentence and wanted to drive at the Meadowlands the next day.

I am all for forgiveness and second chances but after being involved in cheating, to whatever extent you wish to believe, you need to regain trust first. My impression is that he tried to bully his way back in. Ledford should have been out admitting he screwed up, offer the apologize, ask for the forgivenmess and saying he wanted to prove himself again.

It is very hard to want to support somebody like Ledford in his situation when he comes across as deserving things. He needed to take the route of working for a trainer and doing qualifying races for a time and came back gradually. Not make a splash. Ledford was not a sympathetic figure to begin with.

I know you and Freelegged are not really feuding. Any way, he fights dirty.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
C10hitch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2008, 07:53:06 AM »

http://Then why the Hell did they have it???It isn't cheap-not something one would purchase "just to have in case I need it" doh doh  Pork

I can vouch for the it's not cheap statement as I needed it a couple of times during my second go around with chemo. It was like $500 a pop.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: