Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 01:31:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good bye Anthony Morgan  (Read 12705 times)
emp

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2005, 02:15:25 PM »

The #1 forum in harnessracingland awaits your answers Mr. Joe B..

Be a reporter on 'the beat' and get the answers. Better yet why don't you tape them so if a lawsuit comes up you can back it up with the man's word on 'the record'.

We're all waiting sir.

Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2005, 02:19:45 PM »

Do you really think that Narotsky and Langley even care about what's on this board?
Seriously?
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

i dont think they care about whats on here... more like they wanna know everyday whats on here so they can get their humor for the day ... its like getting your horoscope in the email everday followed up with the joke of the day..... i mean come on who wouldnt wanna read this forum? its hilarious... and if they are reading this HI guys!!!

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2005, 04:02:44 PM »

Do you really think that Narotsky and Langley even care about what's on this board?
Seriously?

yeah they do.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 08:33:06 PM by the young one » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2005, 04:06:22 PM »

Hey emp,

Thanks for the legal advice.
From what I've seen today and just about everyday on here, the Nances should read the fine print.
Remember, the law does not discriminate.
Dan Nance

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2005, 04:15:45 PM »

Hey emp,

Thanks for the legal advice.
From what I've seen today and just about everyday on here, the Nances should read the fine print.
Remember, the law does not discriminate.

The Nance's tell the truth. We don't discriminate when we tell the truth.
sn

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2005, 12:24:40 PM »

This is what will happen, Tm will feel things out for awhile, then he will know who's on his team and who's not( if he does'nt have it all set before he shows up) Then it wont be long before TM recrutes some of his kronies to help get the job done!!! I would say good luck in your new venture TM, but I know luck has NOTHING to do with it right?Huh

TC, I posted this a while ago, These rookies on here just dont get. They continue to live and not learn while we just pile up da cash!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2005, 12:41:42 PM »

sn, I win just one of these lousy Hold-'em tournaments at Trump or Resorts, and I'm anchoring myself at the Rio for weeks, playing all the small to mid size freezeouts in town, and moving in to the beautiful Camden Del Mar like I told Dan.  The racing is so horrible here ( with all the form reversals and "fishy" results) that a move to the desert is just the tonic I'm looking for.  The days of someone saying "come out and get your picture taken" are things from the past.  I made so many nice scores in IN last year; it sickens me that business is so lousy that I had to stay here and take it in the shorts once or twice a week from the Gestapo that I would go visit Crete and Beecher, have dinner and head back to the northside mostly.  Ghettowood is lost IMO, and Hawthorne was an oven for 26 straight days inside the plant.  One guy in my crew hit a tri last month with a $59 horse on top, Purple Man was 2nd at 8/1, the 2nd fav. was 3rd, and they gave him just over a $2 G payoff (10 horse field) -OUCH. It's really gotten to be a joke here.  TC
sn

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2005, 12:51:17 PM »

TC, I hear your pain, remember the Rio aint goin anywhere, its just one score away!!!
see ya soon!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2005, 01:05:16 PM »

sn, I win just one of these lousy Hold-'em tournaments at Trump or Resorts, and I'm anchoring myself at the Rio for weeks, playing all the small to mid size freezeouts in town, and moving in to the beautiful Camden Del Mar like I told Dan.  The racing is so horrible here ( with all the form reversals and "fishy" results) that a move to the desert is just the tonic I'm looking for.  The days of someone saying "come out and get your picture taken" are things from the past.  I made so many nice scores in IN last year; it sickens me that business is so lousy that I had to stay here and take it in the shorts once or twice a week from the Gestapo that I would go visit Crete and Beecher, have dinner and head back to the northside mostly.  Ghettowood is lost IMO, and Hawthorne was an oven for 26 straight days inside the plant.  One guy in my crew hit a tri last month with a $59 horse on top, Purple Man was 2nd at 8/1, the 2nd fav. was 3rd, and they gave him just over a $2 G payoff (10 horse field) -OUCH. It's really gotten to be a joke here.  TC

TC

Are you saying to us we should forget about coming back to Chicago because it's just plain brutal there? Do you think we should just stay in beautiful Las Vegas and enjoy the good life and watch all the new highrises go up instead of coming back next summer when the humidity is 90% and the smell of stench fills the air? Are you saying that we would be nuts to leave the fastest growing city in the country where the sun shines 352 days a year? Are you telling us that racing in Chicago will never be what it once was and that it will be a big disappointment to us if we were to come back for the summer?

Now you got me thinking if I could even stand staying in Chicago for more then a week. My life has been so great out here since I moved here I might go into convulsions if I have to live in Chicago again. What a beautiful city this town is becoming. It's growing by leaps and bounds. Everyday I wake up and look out my windows at my green plush lawn and my beauitful landscaping and my clean maintained streets and thank God that I'm so lucky to be here instead of waking up to gray skys, dead grass, dirty streets and crabby people that are miserable with their situations.

I'm not sure what I'll do, but you got me thinking twice about leaving " VEGAS BABY ".  
TC

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2005, 02:21:02 PM »

I always said that Las Vegas was the "it" city, but I loved Chicago so much.  The people, the food, the live sports, the seasonal changes...they're all overshadowed by urban decay.  Daley keeps the city very clean, but the citizens are scrounges mostly who would steal your pillow out from under your head while you sleep in your own bed nowadays.  The Gestapo gets away with their I.R.B. coziness and Hawthorne gets the shaft - even though the numbers and the I.H.H.A. favored Haw receiving 107 dates.  Let's face it - the city that works is full of filth, people who don't know what hard work is, and the quality of racing has fallen below the acceptable line.  What is the FFA going to look like here when April hits, and the Big M is open, Hoosier is open, and PA has their slots going ?  Try each NW/5000L5 in the money horse vying for a race normally over their heads.  The 3 race paddock at Spk was a magnet for all horsemen, up and coming sharpies, story swapping, etc.  Now they use underground half-dungeons that keep the fans in suspense as to whether their favorite horse looks good in the crossties or has equipment changes from his last start. I used to always say that Las Vegas is my favorite city to visit in the world, but that I'd never leave Chicago.  I haven't uttered those latter words in 6 months minimum.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2005, 02:38:55 PM »

Holy Toledo!!!!!!!!!!

The Nance's are backing out of their claim to come back to harness racing in Chicago in 2006!!!!!!!!!!
And TC may go to Vegas to live with the Nance's?
How will we survive in this poor, poor city?HuhHuhHuh
Heavens to mergatroid!!!!!!!!!!
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2005, 02:46:35 PM »

tc - i hope when you move you dont lose your inside connection to the indiana racing board...thx.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2005, 02:51:52 PM »

Joe B.

Don't forget his connections to 80% of the milkshaking trainers here.
His connections to Dover Downs GM.
And whoever handles the stall applications there at Dover.
The track that doen't have any stalls.
Dan Nance

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2005, 03:00:23 PM »

Holy Toledo!!!!!!!!!!

The Nance's are backing out of their claim to come back to harness racing in Chicago in 2006!!!!!!!!!!
And TC may go to Vegas to live with the Nance's?
How will we survive in this poor, poor city?HuhHuhHuh
Heavens to mergatroid!!!!!!!!!!

Never said we're backing out. But, if racing is as bad as TC says it is then we must watch what happens in the next 5 months and then decide if it's the right time.

I haven't been back to Chicago in over 6 years so I don't know how brutal it's now become. I know Ronnie told us it's horrible there. Living and racing.

My daughter was there two weeks ago for 4 days to work the Bridal Show and she told us that she could never live there again. She said it's brutal there and the lifestyles that people lead are horrible and boring. She said all her friends just go to work and then sit on their ass and shove food in their mouths and are all fat. She said they do nothing but complain about the weather and the fact that they can't make ends meet. She said the only nice place to live is with the Yuppies downtown. She told us the suburbs are horrible, old and rundown. She said the roads are jammed with ignorant people laying on their horns and the tolls are out of control with what it costs to drive around the city. She also said that the city is overrun with illegal immigrants.

Doesn't sound like the city I grew up in and where we raised our kids. And as far as the tracks go whats there now since they closed down Sportsman's.

I know how good life is here in Vegas so why would I ever leave when people who are there and people who were there recently are telling me life is horrible there. Even if I'll only be there for 5 months it might be too much to handle after living here for 6 years.

Don't put words in my mouth because it's still in the open and we're not backing out. We will see what it looks like next spring. Besides, there might not be any racing come 2006.  
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2005, 03:25:40 PM »

Never said we're backing out. But, if racing is as bad as TC says it is then we must watch what happens in the next 5 months and then decide if it's the right time.

I haven't been back to Chicago in over 6 years so I don't know how brutal it's now become. I know Ronnie told us it's horrible there. Living and racing.

My daughter was there two weeks ago for 4 days to work the Bridal Show and she told us that she could never live there again. She said it's brutal there and the lifestyles that people lead are horrible and boring. She said all her friends just go to work and then sit on their ass and shove food in their mouths and are all fat. She said they do nothing but complain about the weather and the fact that they can't make ends meet. She said the only nice place to live is with the Yuppies downtown. She told us the suburbs are horrible, old and rundown. She said the roads are jammed with ignorant people laying on their horns and the tolls are out of control with what it costs to drive around the city. She also said that the city is overrun with illegal immigrants.

Doesn't sound like the city I grew up in and where we raised our kids. And as far as the tracks go whats there now since they closed down Sportsman's.

I know how good life is here in Vegas so why would I ever leave when people who are there and people who were there recently are telling me life is horrible there. Even if I'll only be there for 5 months it might be too much to handle after living here for 6 years.

Don't put words in my mouth because it's still in the open and we're not backing out. We will see what it looks like next spring. Besides, there might not be any racing come 2006. 

Dan,

There's still many great places to live in and around the city.  At the same time, there's no way that Chicago is a place to retire -- so for your situation, there's no question that you have the better setup.

But, it's all a matter of setup and situation -- with children, Vegas isn't really an option because of less-than-stellar school systems.  Alternatively, it seems like a most wonderful place to retire.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2005, 03:49:36 PM »

Dan,

There's still many great places to live in and around the city.  At the same time, there's no way that Chicago is a place to retire -- so for your situation, there's no question that you have the better setup.

But, it's all a matter of setup and situation -- with children, Vegas isn't really an option because of less-than-stellar school systems.  Alternatively, it seems like a most wonderful place to retire.

Best,
EW

Edward

You see you don't know nothing about this city and the school system only what you heard or read.

Do you think that the hundreds of thousands of people that have moved here in the past 5 years are all here to retire? That's crazy talk. You act like this is a retirement city. WRONG.

There are so many schools being built here left and right to keep up with the growth and let me tell you the schools built here are something else. Families are moving to this city because there is plenty of work. They need Teachers and Doctors and all kinds of other trades to keep up with the explosion of this city. This city is now at one point seven million people that's as big as other major cities in this country. So don't talk like this place is for retirement only. This is were families live and work now my friend. What you need to do and so do others is visit this city which is way more then just Las Vegas Blvd and see what family living is all about in this town now. Most people that do want to pick up and move here. And that's just what they are doing and that's why this is the fastest growing city in the country.   
TC

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »

tc - i hope when you move you dont lose your inside connection to the indiana racing board...thx.
Joe B, my connection was developed by going to IN 20 w/e s last year and 60 or so overnight trips since '02.  My insider is on the track management side,with several horsemen kibbitzing on the loose ends.  I know one guy on the I.R.C., but haven't spoken to him since Purdue. (oops, i said too much - LOL).I'll guarantee every reader to this forum that, next to Elliot Deaton, not many put more through the windows live at INDY than I did.  Ask Sam Bowie, who saw me trot to the I.R.S. windows 5 times in 90 minutes.  When on a roll, only a few can "Morse Code operate" like me. I should have gotten an award from the Anderson Chamber of Commerce for all the visits - LOL.  Those people have respect down there; also their pre-race TC O2 test weeds out the overages before they step on the track and run your money over.  See the AC Excellent Buy file.  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2005, 04:20:21 PM »

Edward

You see you don't know nothing about this city and the school system only what you heard or read.

Do you think that the hundreds of thousands of people that have moved here in the past 5 years are all here to retire? That's crazy talk. You act like this is a retirement city. WRONG.

There are so many schools being built here left and right to keep up with the growth and let me tell you the schools built here are something else. Families are moving to this city because there is plenty of work. They need Teachers and Doctors and all kinds of other trades to keep up with the explosion of this city. This city is now at one point seven million people that's as big as other major cities in this country. So don't talk like this place is for retirement only. This is were families live and work now my friend. What you need to do and so do others is visit this city which is way more then just Las Vegas Blvd and see what family living is all about in this town now. Most people that do want to pick up and move here. And that's just what they are doing and that's why this is the fastest growing city in the country.   

I didn't say it was for "retirement only," Dan -- I highlighted that it was especially excellent for retirement.

As far as schooling, just because schools are being built, that does not mean that they are good.  It's not like you couldn't raise children there, I would just rather, from an educational standpoint, do it in Chicago where I had access to New Trier, Neuqua Valley, Lake Forest, Barrington, H-F, Deerfield -- or in the city -- Northside Prep or one of the many excellent magnet schools.

If in LV, from my experiences (talking with people that I went to college with), the public schools are very average...which doesn't mean horrible things at all -- I just wouldn't choose to raise my children there.

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2005, 04:36:16 PM »

EW, you're a tad off.  If you live in the city, you can't go to New Trier or others due to residency restrictions.  Northside Prep (or Lane Tech) can't hold a candle to a New Trier.  You even have to live in the district (straight up) to go to any on your list (other than magnets).  At least on the public school list you mentioned New Trier first, as you probably should.  Of course, I've always been a fan of private schools, so I'm not the Illinois Public School System expert.  One of the big problems in LV is lack of qualified teachers to meet the burgeoning population.  Oh, and you are basing not raising children in Las Vegas on  a 10 year old survey ?  Can you name 5 neighborhoods in the entire town ?  As the locals like to say..."it ain't the same old Vegas anymore".  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2005, 04:47:57 PM »

I didn't say it was for "retirement only," Dan -- I highlighted that it was especially excellent for retirement.

As far as schooling, just because schools are being built, that does not mean that they are good.  It's not like you couldn't raise children there, I would just rather, from an educational standpoint, do it in Chicago where I had access to New Trier, Neuqua Valley, Lake Forest, Barrington, H-F, Deerfield -- or in the city -- Northside Prep or one of the many excellent magnet schools.

If in LV, from my experiences (talking with people that I went to college with), the public schools are very average...which doesn't mean horrible things at all -- I just wouldn't choose to raise my children there.

Best,
EW

Oh so you feel that your kids are going to be better and smarter then all the kids being raised in Vegas.

That's normal talk for a Chicagoan, thinking they are better then other people when they're not.

I'll let you know how my grandson turns out and what college he attends after he gets an inferior education in the Vegas school system compared those in Barrington where the mother in law lived and where she sent my wife's younger sisters and brothers to school.

I'm glad your friends know about the average public school system in Vegas in 2005 even though they don't live here. Typical Chicagoans talking through their ass about something they know nothing about and repeating what they hear.

Don't act like I never lived in Chicago and don't know about the schools there and what kind of a city it is to raise kids in. The schools are so great and the city is such a wonderful place to raise kids in that's why a number of the kids my daughters went to school with in the suburbs are sitting in jail for getting involved with drugs and selling drugs. Most of them are so stupid they don't know where Colorado is. I'm just happy that we kept a close watch on our kids so they didn't fall in with the wrong group in the wonderful Chicagoland schools.  
Dan Nance

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2005, 05:26:35 PM »

TC
        I'm sure Edward is running out looking for some survey done by a bunch of yuppies living in Barrington or in a suburb of Washington D.C. that shows were the schools in Chicago rate compared to Vegas. Edward will be saying " see Dan where the schools in Vegas rate ". And I'll say " yeah Edward I see the list put together by a bunch of yuppies that went to Harvard ". Then I'll say " they can take all their surveys and shove them because they mean nothing ".   
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2005, 05:46:44 PM »

EW, you're a tad off.  If you live in the city, you can't go to New Trier or others due to residency restrictions.  Northside Prep (or Lane Tech) can't hold a candle to a New Trier.  You even have to live in the district (straight up) to go to any on your list (other than magnets).  At least on the public school list you mentioned New Trier first, as you probably should.  Of course, I've always been a fan of private schools, so I'm not the Illinois Public School System expert.  One of the big problems in LV is lack of qualified teachers to meet the burgeoning population.  Oh, and you are basing not raising children in Las Vegas on  a 10 year old survey ?  Can you name 5 neighborhoods in the entire town ?  As the locals like to say..."it ain't the same old Vegas anymore".  TC

TC,

I was aware (and you are correct) of the residency restrictions.  However, I was referring more to the fact that you could choose to live in any of those districts, and still be within a commutable distance to the city for work and pleasure.

I'm not saying that Vegas is a bad city at all, and I'm not claiming to be a Las Vegas expert...I've had a couple friends from LV and I've made a couple trips out there, but that's it.

I'll touch on the "study" I used when I respond to Dan.

Best,
EW

Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2005, 05:51:56 PM »

Move to tinley park.... nice area thats where alot of yuppies are from .... i lived there for 18yrs wooot wooot .... and alot of your daughters friends must work pretty damn bad jobs... and stuffing their faces with food adn getting fat .. we cant blame the city for that lol .. but anywho ... come back to CHicago for the summer...get sum cheap horses so you dont have to worry about the Purse being so low and make your money!!! ill enjoy making sum extra cash betting on TEAM NANCE!     Smiley

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2005, 05:53:04 PM »

Oh so you feel that your kids are going to be better and smarter then all the kids being raised in Vegas.

That's normal talk for a Chicagoan, thinking they are better then other people when they're not.

I'll let you know how my grandson turns out and what college he attends after he gets an inferior education in the Vegas school system compared those in Barrington where the mother in law lived and where she sent my wife's younger sisters and brothers to school.

I'm glad your friends know about the average public school system in Vegas in 2005 even though they don't live here. Typical Chicagoans talking through their ass about something they know nothing about and repeating what they hear.

Don't act like I never lived in Chicago and don't know about the schools there and what kind of a city it is to raise kids in. The schools are so great and the city is such a wonderful place to raise kids in that's why a number of the kids my daughters went to school with in the suburbs are sitting in jail for getting involved with drugs and selling drugs. Most of them are so stupid they don't know where Colorado is. I'm just happy that we kept a close watch on our kids so they didn't fall in with the wrong group in the wonderful Chicagoland schools. 

Dan,

Please stop drawing conclusions.

I didn't say that "my kids" or thereby "Chicago kids" would be better than anyone raised in Las Vegas.  I brought up a point that the educational system in the Chicagoland area affords many more educational opportunities than those out there.  But, I'll be the first to tell you that education doesn't make you "better" or even "good" -- many of the most corrupt and pathetic people I know were raised in wonderful places, and are very, very intelligent -- so to me, it doesn't mean everything.

So much of it comes down to how you raise your kids, and Dan you know that...

My basis, however, is the following: the Newsweek "top 1000 high schools in America" list, which is compiled using a completely numeric method (AP and IB tests, which are available nationally, so it's a fair benchmark).  Of the top 1000 schools, one is in the Vegas-area (in Henderson, actually).  On the other hand, the Chicago-area has twenty-seven.

I think I'm making a reasonable point.

At the same time, I want to stress again that education ISN'T everything -- good people can come from anywhere.

Best,
EW

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: