Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 10:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good bye Anthony Morgan  (Read 11852 times)
BDH

« on: October 24, 2005, 06:59:49 PM »

Well by weeks end Tony will be on his way to Dover Downs and I want to wish him well!I hope things get better here sometime soon for those of us who stay!
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 07:06:35 PM »

Well by weeks end Tony will be on his way to Dover Downs and I want to wish him well!I hope things get better here sometime soon for those of us who stay!

Don't worry my friend, you may miss Tony but Tony won't miss you or anyone else for that matter.

I for one think that racing will get better once Tony takes his show to Dover. As far as the bettors go. 
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 07:12:49 PM »

Tony will find out how kind the trainers and owners are in a matter of a couple of weeks.

It will be interesting to see how many drives Tony gets in the first week.

I wish him well.

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 07:20:42 PM »

Tony will find out how kind the trainers and owners are in a matter of a couple of weeks.

It will be interesting to see how many drives Tony gets in the first week.

I wish him well.

Tony won't have any problem getting drives. Look for him to try and win every race he's in.
race track phil

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 10:08:06 PM »

danny your right , tony will try with everything he drives . it will take him time to make new friends . then business will be as usual . probably a good time to bet on him . I am really going to enjoy his departure . my prayers have been answered . now chicago racing has a chance ? you should comeback with a few horses and show some of these posters how to win the right way ( by training )           RTP
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 10:16:37 PM »

danny your right , tony will try with everything he drives . it will take him time to make new friends . then business will be as usual . probably a good time to bet on him . I am really going to enjoy his departure . my prayers have been answered . now chicago racing has a chance ? you should comeback with a few horses and show some of these posters how to win the right way ( by training )           RTP

rtp
       If the purses are good next summer Team Nance will make a return for the summer months. Can we count on you to claim one for us? Don't pay any attention to the goofs who say we won't get stalls because we can get all the stalls we will need.

Do you think they will throw a farewell party for Morgan in the drivers room on his last night? Jump all over him at the start and cash some tickets at Dover.
sn

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 10:19:52 PM »

This is what will happen, Tm will feel things out for awhile, then he will know who's on his team and who's not( if he does'nt have it all set before he shows up) Then it wont be long before TM recrutes some of his kronies to help get the job done!!! I would say good luck in your new venture TM, but I know luck has NOTHING to do with it right?Huh
race track phil

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 10:24:16 PM »

rtp
       If the purses are good next summer Team Nance will make a return for the summer months. Can we count on you to claim one for us? Don't pay any attention to the goofs who say we won't get stalls because we can get all the stalls we will need.

Do you think they will throw a farewell party for Morgan in the drivers room on his last night? Jump all over him at the start and cash some tickets at Dover.
     danny I never thought I would own another horse , but if I make any score , for sure I'll claim one for you guys . we did good before and we can do it again . makes me feel kind of young again just thinking about it .     RTP
burton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 08:10:10 AM »

Race track Phil,

Just want to let you know that the Nance Bros. Inc. will not be given stalls in Illinois. EVER!!!!!

Morgan will succeed at Dover. He is getting rid of his stock because Delaware requires owners to establish residence in the state for 6 months before you are able to race. Excluding stakes of course.
Horse Voice

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 08:15:19 AM »

Buh-bye, Brown Stain. Don't hurry back. Ever.

Are you taking your two established race setup men -- Widger and Marsh -- with you, or do you already have two blockers at Dover waiting for you?

It'll be fun to watch who Tony's Little Helpers will be at Ben Dover Downs.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 08:33:21 AM »

Horse Voice,

I'm afraid Widger will still be blocking the flow. Especially at Maywood.
Whenever he has the 2 or 3 hole with speed inside of him he fakes leaving to influence outside horses to duck, thus giving Widger the trip behind the inside speed.
Only thing is he seems to get parked with that move more than any driver out there.
If I'm a trainer and my driver gets parked the mile with the 2 and 3 hole, he won't be driving for me much longer.
As for Marsh, he is barely getting any decent drives. But that goes along with his talent, which has diminished greatly from years past.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 09:21:07 AM »

Boy, am I the only guy who will miss Tony? It's not too often you are able to watch a guy destroy his competition the way Tony has over the years. I will truly miss Tony because of the real issue everyone seems to be overlooking. In my opinion, Tony is leaving because Chicago harness racing is all but over. Tony sees the writing on the wall. Did you guys watch the Maywood races last night without Tony driving? It was like watching Johnny Johnston ride a ringer, hilarious. The Chicago product is a joke and for Edwardwilliam to come on the previous forum saying Chicago has great horses, well let's just say he has many mountains to climb as far as learning the game. Don't tell me about the Saturday night horses either because they too, will be departing for greener pastures next month when the Big M opens. Sorry to say, but Chicago racing sucks big-time, and so do the horses. Now, if you factor in the top driver, Tony Morgan leaving, what does it say about Chicago racing and their product? Need I say more? For those of you happy about Tony's departure, all I can say is wait until next week, as Chicago becomes the laughing stock of harness racing. Weather you liked Tony or not, it was still a privilege to have him here in Illinois. Let's face it, not too many people will win 8,000 plus races in their lifetime, it is one hell of an achievement. Good luck Tony my friend and I do not blame you one bit. Go ahead and leave all of these die-hard Chicago people living in dreamland and thinking that Chicago harness racing will return to the glorys days. Some people will just never wake up to the fact that in Chicago, "It's A Dead Game Laddies." Just my opinion and as always, open for debate.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:24:22 AM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 09:34:00 AM »

Joe,

You speak the truth.
Morgan has been a man among boys here.
More dominating than maybe even Dave Magee in his prime.
emp

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 12:38:42 PM »

Optimistically and honestly IMO hopefully Tony proves everyone wrong and goes after the driving title which was mentioned 2-3 months ago on this forum. To drive in day in and day out is a testament to the 'olympics' which a driver mentioned in a convo a week and a half ago.

To spend as much time as this man has done (sometimes not in the best of light in some people's eyes) with the sport is a testament to both his personal and his families passion and dedication for the sport of harness racing. His father had several sons to continue to generations of "Morgan's" in the sport. Tony ended up being the 'best of the best' in the next generation as he's piled up thousands of wins. Not just anyone gets to the winners' circle and he's done it thousands of times.

Again IMO he may not have done everything most ethically so the true test will come when he leaves town and tests new waters out East. If he's a true '6th generation' horseman as it's been told, he'll prove everyone wrong and win the 2005 drivers title if it's not too late in the season. If he doesn't rack up the wins and doesn't travel around to some of the other tracks in the area during the off says at Dover, well, you can all attest your own observations and opinons.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 12:40:49 PM by emp » Report to moderator   Logged
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 01:45:04 PM »

wut day is he leaving? i havent heard anything on his departure.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 02:00:44 PM »

JR;

Tony's last day is October 31st. I think he starts at Dover on the 1st or 2nd. It is too bad most people do not see Tony's departure as a huge loss in Chicago, but let's see what happens. From what I hear, the IHHA still does not have a signed agreement in place with the Johnston's and it does not appear the horsemen will be getting one any time soon. If you guys do get an agreement, I would best big bucks that it is a royal screwing. In any event, I hope things work out well for my friends whom are still active in the Illinois program. As far as Tony goes, he was always a gentleman towards me and always willing to help out and lend some advice. Good luck Tony and shut these imbeciles up, will ya.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 02:17:16 PM »

JR;

Tony's last day is October 31st. I think he starts at Dover on the 1st or 2nd. It is too bad most people do not see Tony's departure as a huge loss in Chicago, but let's see what happens. From what I hear, the IHHA still does not have a signed agreement in place with the Johnston's and it does not appear the horsemen will be getting one any time soon. If you guys do get an agreement, I would best big bucks that it is a royal screwing. In any event, I hope things work out well for my friends whom are still active in the Illinois program. As far as Tony goes, he was always a gentleman towards me and always willing to help out and lend some advice. Good luck Tony and shut these imbeciles up, will ya.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

i completely agree with you. one of the nicest guys to talk to and one of the best horsemen ever. i wish him the best of luck out east.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 02:27:07 PM »

The quality of the racing in Illinois will be hit hard with the departure of Tony Morgan. He is one of the best.
The imbeciles who knock him are just people jealous of his success.
In six months the same people will be taking potshots and making false accusations and spreading rumours about Andy Miller or Tim Tetrick or whoever becomes the #1 driver here.
emp

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 02:32:49 PM »

Sources have mentioned that TT is headed to the Big M with Schadt's horses and will make a serious run out East. He's also got some local trainers who've set up shop out there, particularly at Freehold so things will get interesting.

With Erv 'supposedly' making a big move to an operationin Canada you may see Andy Ray travelling on the weekends for the bigger events at The Big M and in Canada and race here in spots as his roots are in Illinois.

Guess we'll never know until all of the cards are laid down.

As always best of luck to the Illinois' boyz wherever you end up; only advice: remember your roots.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 02:36:49 PM »

emp,

Extremely interesting if all these possiblities occur.
Then who will lead our driver colony?
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 02:45:02 PM »

emp,

rod allums jr!!!!!! maybe
emp

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 02:57:49 PM »

emp,

No knock on the generation I grew up with who are in their late 40's and now early 50's.......

The next generation of the 30 year olds and the up and coming 20 somethings may be what Illinois racing has needed all this time for revitalization! If its the Allums and Smolins and Tetricks and whomeber else so be it. There is also a very untapped and unknown colony waiting to be unleashed once given the opportunity. In the end let the Illinois boyz prosper with all respect to all of the Midwesterners.
Dan Nance

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 04:34:23 PM »

The quality of the racing in Illinois will be hit hard with the departure of Tony Morgan. He is one of the best.
The imbeciles who knock him are just people jealous of his success.
In six months the same people will be taking potshots and making false accusations and spreading rumours about Andy Miller or Tim Tetrick or whoever becomes the #1 driver here.

Oh they will, will they? Then why hasen't anyone taken any potshots up until now? There was other #1 drivers in Chicago before Morgan. He's not the only guy in Chicago who won driving titles in the last 25 years but he is considered the #1 cheat among all the top drivers there ever was in Chicago. You're the only guy taking popshots at drivers such as Marsh and Widger.

Joe says Morgan won over 8000 races. Just think how many more he would have won if he didn't stiff all the times he did. I know of two more he could have won with. Their names were " Kiss Em Joe " and " Tenderhearted ". Don't worry if Tony reads this shit he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Joe, personally I have nothing against Tony and I think he's a great driver. It's just that I know he stiffed me a couple of times and I watched him stiff others also over the years. I know all drivers stiff on occasions but Tony has that sneakiness about him and you just don't know what he's thinking half the time. Anyway I wish him well out east. Tony and I always got along and I'm sure he's saying to himself " that Dan Nance is nuts ".

P.S.
           PHIL
                  Don't worry and don't listen to this goof Burton. Team Nance will get all the stalls they need and will be as welcome back as Roger Davino would be.   
burton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 04:56:43 PM »

Well, well, well.
I knew one of the Nance Bros. Inc. had to be lying out in the weeds somewhere.
You've always taken potshots at Morgan.
Because he stiffed you?
And you can tell all this from your rocking chair at the Bellagio?
Or is it your super smart chain of spies back in Chicago.
When you lose, it's always because your horse was stiffed.
When your horses were illegally medicated, it was someone else who snuck in your barn and did it. You were probably off to Burger King.

Let us see the email you sent to Langley demanding stalls for 2006?
You so proudly proclaimed it last week.
Let's see some proof?
Instead of this halfbaked nonsense.

Dan Nance

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 05:02:25 PM »

Well, well, well.
I knew one of the Nance Bros. Inc. had to be lying out in the weeds somewhere.
You've always taken potshots at Morgan.
Because he stiffed you?
And you can tell all this from your rocking chair at the Bellagio?
Or is it your super smart chain of spies back in Chicago.
When you lose, it's always because your horse was stiffed.
When your horses were illegally medicated, it was someone else who snuck in your barn and did it. You were probably off to Burger King.

Let us see the email you sent to Langley demanding stalls for 2006?
You so proudly proclaimed it last week.
Let's see some proof?
Instead of this halfbaked nonsense.

New forum same old goof calling himself Burton. The more you talk the more you sound like Wendt.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: