Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 11:37:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are Arlington's replays?  (Read 1433 times)
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »

They claim to have a youtube channel, but I only see 2007 replays there.
Report to moderator   Logged
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:17:17 PM »

I can not find it either!!
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »

I sent them a note, but, of course, they did not respond!

Tongue
Coldfooter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »

I think maybe you showed them the whip; there are 3 of the races from Sunday the 4th uploaded to the Arlington web site at this moment.   Hopefully they are loading them now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:57:20 PM by Coldfooter » Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »

No, those have been there. That's all you get is those 3 races on their video page. When you click through to the youtube site, it's all 2007 races for Arlington. Recent races for Fair Grounds, though.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 03:06:28 PM »

Answer:

It is supposed to be an automated process but there are some bugs that we are trying to get worked out.  We are aware of the issue and looking into it.
General Powell

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »

One of the more unfortunate things about being owned by CD is that Arlington lost it's IT department about two years ago. All IT issues are handled in Louisville. There is, therefore, no sense of urgency in getting things done. There is also no abundance of pride or a feeling that the customer must be served properly like I believe there still is at AP. That is why the website , though better, is still not nearly as good as other places in racing. Oaklawn Park and DelMar probably have the best web sites in TB racing.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 09:49:13 PM »

If it's automated, but it doesn't work, you have to do it manually. At least until you figure out why the automation doesn't work, your butt is covered.

But maybe that's just me.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 11:15:53 PM »

If it's automated, but it doesn't work, you have to do it manually. At least until you figure out why the automation doesn't work, your butt is covered.

But maybe that's just me.

Most racetracks are tremendously understaffed as it is. I imagine CDI corp. is too - and I heard they might have some RIF due to the ADW dispute. I'm thinking free replays really aren't at the top of anyone's list of things to do by hand when the program breaks, especially when the most important thing is executive perks and bonuses.

p.s. I have to add this ... all the Churchill programmers are working hard to make Twin Spires ADW not crash and burn on Derby Day.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:17:27 PM by CLOCKERTERRY » Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 08:10:40 AM »

Well, if I can spend the time to download them, convert them and put them on my iPod, they can certainly upload 10 races a day. They don't need somebody at CDI, they can do it from Arlington. Uploading to youtube is easy.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »

Well, if I can spend the time to download them, convert them and put them on my iPod, they can certainly upload 10 races a day. They don't need somebody at CDI, they can do it from Arlington. Uploading to youtube is easy.

They're busy out there, too.

Though, maybe they could press into service one of those guys in suits and sunglasses that do nothing all day but wander around with walkie-talkies and look cool, and if anything does happen, it takes about seven of them all congregated to get it cleared up.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »

Some goof could do it! Dooley could do it!

maroon

"This doesn't need an Einstein to do it! YOU do it!"

Hahahaha!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 09:46:22 AM »

Some goof could do it! Dooley could do it!

maroon

I think Dooley has a full day as it is, starting well before the races, but in any case, he's jetting out to the parking lot as soon as the last race is over. Don't get in his way!  Grin
General Powell

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »

Moon

Once again you fail to grasp that what you state is common sense---something that does not exist in Louisville
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 10:38:25 AM »

They're busy out there, too.

Though, maybe they could press into service one of those guys in suits and sunglasses that do nothing all day but wander around with walkie-talkies and look cool, and if anything does happen, it takes about seven of them all congregated to get it cleared up.

Agree about all the suit and walkie-talkie guys. Doesn't appear to be any staff reductions there or in other positions where folks just walk/stand around looking important/busy.

An older man tripped on the bottom step of the apron on Sunday and cut/bumped his head. He appeared to be unconcious at first. Patrons were shouting for help. Finally, a few of the walkie-talkie guys showed up and stood around. It took quite some time before anyone that could help the poor guy showed up. The suits were already taking statements (afraid of a lawsuit?) from witnesses before any real help arrived.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »

I think Dooley has a full day as it is, starting well before the races, but in any case, he's jetting out to the parking lot as soon as the last race is over. Don't get in his way!  Grin

How do you know?  Have you snuck out to Arlington this year, Terry?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 11:40:41 AM »

Moon

Once again you fail to grasp that what you state is common sense---something that does not exist in Louisville

They are busy down there cutting purses.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 03:06:19 PM »

How do you know?  Have you snuck out to Arlington this year, Terry?

Yes, it's true, I have no memory past last week, and if something happened in many years past, no way of projecting that onto the present or future.
General Powell

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »

Replays were up and running on the website tonight for the entire meet (6 days)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: