Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 06:01:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How will CDI pay for the ton of consultants they will bring in because they lack common sense on how to treat racegoers?
Raid the purse account
Raid the pathetic Twin Spires rebate program
Raid their customers pockets on the way in (higher admission fees)
Raid CD stockholders dividends
stop using Raid on the decrepit AP backstretch
All of the above

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery Guest at CDI tracks: Who's paying for it?  (Read 553 times)
Horse Voice

« on: January 30, 2006, 07:31:11 PM »

Yes, APCD Dan, Hawthorne doesn't have it, and AP does: a serious case of cluelessness. Enjoy!
Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:41:07 PM »

Yes, APCD Dan, Hawthorne doesn't have it, and AP does: a serious case of cluelessness. Enjoy!

Happy New Year of the Dog, Horse Voice.  Ah, you take me too serious as I was having fun with the PR release as I did not know what they hell they were talking about.  Now that I have read it some more I guess I can't be a mystery shopper as I am no mystery to Trackside or Arlington.

Don't be shocked, HV, but I am going to have to diss my own Arlington this year.  I have been out of town at Tampa Bay Downs (maybe I was a mystery shopper?) so I may have missed some announcements.  This year does not look good for AP.  First, there is a direct conflict of almost all racing dates with Churchill.  Second, we have no president yet.  Third, the new racing secretary has only put together races with royally bred and owned horses.  Fourth, I am not aware of a new TV racing analyst yet.  Finally, there is a civil war going on between Illinois horsemen.

However, don't laugh too loud at AP as Hawthorne may be joining us in the crapper by the end of the Spring meet.  On the other hand, except for Tampa Bay, I don't see things looking better for racing anywhere right now.  Enjoy? Most certainly, I will enjoy beautiful AP until the sun stops shining down on it.  Beat out Terry on some of those Hawthorne contests, HV!  Cheers!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:12:03 PM »

Don't be shocked, HV, but I am going to have to diss my own Arlington this year.  I have been out of town at Tampa Bay Downs (maybe I was a mystery shopper?) so I may have missed some announcements.  This year does not look good for AP.  First, there is a direct conflict of almost all racing dates with Churchill.  Second, we have no president yet.  Third, the new racing secretary has only put together races with royally bred and owned horses.  Fourth, I am not aware of a new TV racing analyst yet.  Finally, there is a civil war going on between Illinois horsemen.

Maybe Mr. D will once again assume direct control over things at AP, and all will be restored to the former glory. The dates, racing secretary, TV analyst, and horseman problems will melt away.

Beat out Terry on some of those Hawthorne contests, HV!  Cheers!

If he has been playing, he has probably been beating me. Though I did improve to a more respectable 29th place finish this last week. Woulda coulda shoulda been better, too, but at the last minute I got off Tacirring and backed some no run nag. There's brains for you. This Saturday I'm shooting for top 20 ... which still pays no prize.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: