Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 08:06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When the heck was the Derby draw?  (Read 673 times)
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »

I just turned on HRTV, and the post positions were being shown on the bottom of the screen
Earlier I kept flipping channels and seen nothing, Wasnt the draw always carried on ESPN?
How did I miss this?

And looks like Big Brown now has noooooooo shot from post 20
I still believe in Pyro
Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:11:11 PM »

It's supposed to be on SportsCenter, but haven't seen anything yet.
mj

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »

My husband did set to record ESPN Sports Center.  As J9 says, nothing yet.
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »

It was at 5pm EST on ESPN2.

They said St. Liam had no chance from post 12 in the BC Classic starting on the turn at Bel.

They said Big Brown had no chance in the FL Derby from post 12 with a short run to the first turn.

With a whole stretch in front of him prior to the turn in order to get position, post 20 won't be what defeats him.
NIATROSS

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 07:47:09 PM »

It was at 5pm EST on ESPN2.

They said St. Liam had no chance from post 12 in the BC Classic starting on the turn at Bel.

They said Big Brown had no chance in the FL Derby from post 12 with a short run to the first turn.

With a whole stretch in front of him prior to the turn in order to get position, post 20 won't be what defeats him.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:35:09 PM »

The stupid soccer game took some of the time of the draw. 

What do you all think of Big Brown's post position?
ChrissyTina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 09:02:35 PM »

Story on my bad luck, has to do with the ESPNs broadcasting of the post picks.... As most of you probably figured, I've been feeling very emotionally conflicted about this years Kentucky Derby. I still love horse racing, I usually love the excitement of Kentucky Derby, but saying its been very hard for me to hear/read/see anything related to this years derby, all thanks to ET, would be a massive understatement! I'm still pulling for him all the way, he's my pick. I know its a stupid handicapping move (especially since he got post #18, not a good post for Eddie's style), but for the first time I'm picking with my heart and not my head.
    So anyways, I called my friend up to go out for beers at Lincoln Station to try and drink my mind off ET. JUST AS I WALK IN...on the giant flat screen is Eddie's face on ESPN chomping away on gum sitting next to a pretty blonde, while their calling the post positions. STUFF LIKE THAT ONLY HAPPENS TO ME!! I burst into tears like a complete idiot and booked it out of there..my poor friend running after me in her stiletoes. Lincoln Station is where the hockey freaks hang out, I thought I'd be safe from horse racing news.

"Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart."
Luc

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »

Chrissy,

Stay away from the Bloodhorse.com articles his picture is on there. You will be safe at Arlington this year he is going to Monmouth park to ride.

Luc
ChrissyTina

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »

Chrissy,

Stay away from the Bloodhorse.com articles his picture is on there. You will be safe at Arlington this year he is going to Monmouth park to ride.

Luc

LOL! Too late. I haven't told my parents yet whats happened between Eddie and I. I'd figured I would wait until after the derby. I don't want my parents to wish bad luck on him. So since my parents think everything is all peachy between Eddie and I, my mom keeps emailing me all the articles written about Eddie. Thanks for the warning though.

"Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: