Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 04:29:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery Guest Shopper at CDI tracks  (Read 1014 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »

Just read one of Janine's news articles about a mystery guest shopper contest/thingy at CDI tracks.  Don't know exactly what it is all about, but Arlington has it and and Hawthorne doesn't!  Terry, come up to Arlington and go mystery shopping with me this summer.  Maybe John Frank and Nick can join us.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 04:15:15 PM »

Just read one of Janine's news articles about a mystery guest shopper contest/thingy at CDI tracks.  Don't know exactly what it is all about, but Arlington has it and and Hawthorne doesn't!  Terry, come up to Arlington and go mystery shopping with me this summer.  Maybe John Frank and Nick can join us.

Reading the press release, it doesn't seem like a group activity, unless they add a twist like the "Riccola Mystery Cougher", where we can win a prize by spotting the Mystery Shopper.

I've often thought racetracks should have been paying me to do all the "mystery shopper" work I did for them over the years, going into their tracks for an unannounced visit, and then writing reviews about their customer service, and food, and beer, and such. But I made the mistake of putting it on the Internet for free. Let that be a lesson to you all.
TommyCh

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 06:03:20 PM »

They hired a consulting firm to evaluate CDI properties so the corporate bigwigs don't get their expensive suits permeated with smoke. What happens when the mystery evaluator runs screaming from the Mud Bug? But here's their loophole: "...while taking care not to diminish the individuality of each property." Typical corporate BS, especially when all they have to do is read this forum.
David

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:14:33 PM »

That loophole is sort of legitimate, that it allows some individuallity amoung the different operations, the goal of most chains (and why most hire this type of service)  is to make one place like the other across the nation - so when you walk into a Ramada or a McDonalds anywhere you will get the same experience - the loophole allows the Ramada in a say Key West to have thier check in desk workers wear more appropriate attire than the tie and blazer that may usually be required or whatever.

The problem as I see it, is that from what i can tell the more you go to Trackside properties - often the worse you get treated (a direct opposite to most businsses or general logic) and that the mystery shoppers will all be new faces and might get some courtesy out of employees.

On a separate OTB note, I recently went to the State and Lake OTB, and was very diappointed in just about everything about the operation  - it appears that they have let this place go as they were planning on closing it, the tv's were horrible, the sams, the food, the atmosphere everything about it seems to have gone rapidly downhill.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 08:41:38 PM »

On a separate OTB note, I recently went to the State and Lake OTB, and was very diappointed in just about everything about the operation  - it appears that they have let this place go as they were planning on closing it, the tv's were horrible, the sams, the food, the atmosphere everything about it seems to have gone rapidly downhill.

That's odd.

We were there a year or so ago for one of Ted's book signing events, and I didn't think it was bad at all. Better than I expected, in fact. That was the third floor. Kind of put me in the mind of a dark wood panelled tavern kind of place. Now the first floor that I saw on the way in, that looked pretty dive-y.
David

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 08:50:07 PM »

I was on the 2nd Floor, it was real divey to use your word. I was just stopping by to kill a little time - and didn't check the whole place out. I used to go there years ago when I worked on that side of the Loop and it has drastically gone down from what I recall.
TommyCh

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 12:14:14 PM »

Cheesy So the loophole allows MudBug to be a dump, ill-suited for the enjoyment of and wagering on thoroughbred horse racing.

I'll never say that our OTBs are palaces of luxury and customer service, but that place...

Anybody report on how it is handling the "smoking ban?"
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 01:05:51 PM »

Cheesy So the loophole allows MudBug to be a dump, ill-suited for the enjoyment of and wagering on thoroughbred horse racing.

I'll never say that our OTBs are palaces of luxury and customer service, but that place...

Anybody report on how it is handling the "smoking ban?"

Word I heard is there's still smoking at the bar, which means the whole place is likely still full of smoke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: