Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 09:45:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cancel at SAMs  (Read 742 times)
David

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:53 AM »

I see in the news section that there is a new IRB amendment to allow cancelling at SAM machines - sounds both good and bad to me - good that if you make an honest mistake you don't have to sprint to window to try to change - bad that the same people who now are spending 5 minutes playing 1.60 worth of dime supers will now take 10 minutes as they will be cancelling and redoing them - I would also worry about pool manipulation.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 12:46:31 PM »

I see in the news section that there is a new IRB amendment to allow cancelling at SAM machines - sounds both good and bad to me - good that if you make an honest mistake you don't have to sprint to window to try to change - bad that the same people who now are spending 5 minutes playing 1.60 worth of dime supers will now take 10 minutes as they will be cancelling and redoing them - I would also worry about pool manipulation.

Reading the referenced section, in relation to the pool manipulation part, it seems there will still be dollar limits of what can be cancelled before supervisor approval is required, and it's less than the current live teller amount, especially during harness hours. (What? More crooks operating at night, or something?) See below.

And as for those dime super bettors ... they have not yet caused me to get shut out. I've just started going to the windows maybe one minute earlier than I used to to allow for the occasional goof getting final value out of the $0.48 voucher.

"Section 433.120 Cancellation of Tickets

a) Cancellation at Terminals

1) Any wager at a manned terminal with a price of $500 or less may be cancelled, at the option of the holder, without question.

2) Any wager at an unmanned terminal with a price of $250 or less may be cancelled during afternoon host hours, at the option of the holder, without question. Any wager at an unmanned terminal with a price of $50 or less may be cancelled during evening host hours, at the option of the holder, without question (other than at or within the two minute period before post time).

b) Wagers with a price exceeding $500 may only be cancelled with approval of the Mutuel Manager of the organization licensee (e.g., race moved from turf to dirt, late jockey/driver change, late scratch of a horse).

c) In order to prevent practices detrimental to the public interest, the State Director of Mutuels may, at all terminals, increase or decrease the time period before post time within which wagers may not be cancelled and/or increase or decrease the price of wagers that may be cancelled. Any change in such time periods or wager prices shall be published in the program prior to the affected race.

(AMENDED EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2006)"
David

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 01:14:05 PM »

2) Any wager at an unmanned terminal with a price of $250 or less may be cancelled during afternoon host hours, at the option of the holder, without question. Any wager at an unmanned terminal with a price of $50 or less may be cancelled during evening host hours, at the option of the holder, without question (other than at or within the two minute period before post time).

Does that other than refer to both day and night? sort of the real time you need it the most- when you make a mistake and can't make it to the window becuase it is close to post.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 01:16:35 PM »

and it's less than the current live teller amount, especially during harness hours. (What? More crooks operating at night, or something?)

Smaller pools, Terry -- sheesh.

Anywhere there's MORE money, there's MORE crooks.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »

Does that other than refer to both day and night? sort of the real time you need it the most- when you make a mistake and can't make it to the window becuase it is close to post.

The way I read it, it means only during evening host hours.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 01:22:19 PM »

Smaller pools, Terry -- sheesh.

I don't read where the rule only applies to the local harness races. The way it is written, the rule would also apply to evening wagers on big pool tracks like Hollywood or Meadowlands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: