Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

March 23, 2017, 07:23:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM TOM WENDT ?  (Read 5226 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2006, 04:32:39 PM »

The scuttlebut around Balmoral yesterday afternoon is Tom Wendt is posting under at least three names here at BTW.  One of these is 'tonymfan'.  I don't believe for a minute that an upstanding guy such as Tom would stoop that low.  Sometimes, you never know though.   trotter  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
tonymfan

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 04:46:04 PM »

The scuttlebut around Balmoral yesterday afternoon is Tom Wendt is posting under at least three names here at BTW.  One of these is 'tonymfan'.  I don't believe for a minute that an upstanding guy such as Tom would stoop that low.  Sometimes, you never know though.   trotter  TC

Sure is a lot of wrong scuttlebutt at the track, as usual. That's why they call it scuttlebutt.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 04:52:28 PM »

Sure is a lot of wrong scuttlebutt at the track, as usual. That's why they call it scuttlebutt.
Yeah, you're 100 % right...it must be scuttlebut.   trotter  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 04:58:20 PM »

Tom has gone MIA.  Best wishes calls for Thanksgiving and Christmas both went unanswered.

A shameful situation to say the least.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 05:08:13 PM »

c'mon, this sort of post is not appreciated on this great forum.  I didn't know inmates at the Cook Co. detention center have access to computers.  Is this good use of our tax dollars ?  If you see Tom, tell him we're all thinking good thoughts.   trotter  TC
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 05:17:08 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged
emp

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »

Paul B.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 05:14:35 PM »

what did he go to jail for. is this the guy that knows alot about harness racing and even was able to teach dan *** a thing or to?  i dont believe this guy is in jail for some insurnce bs. tom knew everything about horses and racing and when wendt told dan *** about harness racin dan knew that tom new his shit!!!
emp

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »

what did he go to jail for. is this the guy that knows alot about harness racing and even was able to teach dan *** a thing or to?  i dont believe this guy is in jail for some insurnce bs. tom knew everything about horses and racing and when wendt told dan *** about harness racin dan knew that tom new his shit!!!

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 06:13:45 PM »

Is this more crap, or is Tom really in jail?  I did hear that he still posts on BTW and I am well aware that prison libraries do have computers.  Maybe Edward can tell us the real deal on this one.

Although Tom and I did have our differences, I certainly hope he is not locked-up. I know and understand way too much about our Criminal Justice System, and jail is not a pretty place. Tom was very a strong and opinionated individual. That is something that you do not want to be when you are incarcerated.

It does worry me a bit that even Edward has not heard from him.  Edward, if you read this, keep us posted. If he is in prison, we should all learn something from this.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)   

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Armonsol

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 09:33:52 PM »

Poor Tom W.  His mouth is getting tired from stretching always for the huge ones.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 11:24:33 PM »

Poor Tom W.  His mouth is getting tired from stretching always for the huge ones.

Armonsol:

That is too funny. Do you know if it is really true that Tom is in jail? Somehow I really don't believe it.  I asked Edward to let us know but he has not posted and that is a wee-bit troubling.  If anyone knows weather or not Tom is incarcerated, please post it on the forum.  No rumors or sick jokes either.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 12:15:19 AM »

Don't you people know that Tom Wendt is trotter1. Its a lock.

maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon

TROTTER1 = GOOF WITH NO MONEY  dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar AND BUCK TEETH

maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon   
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 12:59:40 AM »

Armonsol:

That is too funny. Do you know if it is really true that Tom is in jail? Somehow I really don't believe it.  I asked Edward to let us know but he has not posted and that is a wee-bit troubling.  If anyone knows weather or not Tom is incarcerated, please post it on the forum.  No rumors or sick jokes either.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe,

I haven't talked to Tom since October, so I would be hard pressed to provide the truth in this matter.  However, there was no indications (while I was still talking to him) that anything he did could be a jailable offense.

Best,
EW

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 01:29:03 AM »

Joe,

I haven't talked to Tom since October, so I would be hard pressed to provide the truth in this matter.  However, there was no indications (while I was still talking to him) that anything he did could be a jailable offense.

Best,
EW

Edward:

Thanks for your timely reply. I figured it was only rumor and you would be one to clarify things.

However, if insurance fraud was committed, a prison sentence could most definitely be imposed, especially if it involves any federal or state violations of law. Most state governments do not take to lightly to insurance fraud and will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

I don't know the exact details of what happened and I certainly do not wish to speculate either.  For whatever its worth--I do hope Tom is okay and not in jail. I would not wish that on anyone. Thanks again Edward, and please keep us posted if you should hear any good news on Tom.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
swoodall

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 01:49:34 AM »

Paul B.  sounds a lot like Tom.  Can any one vouch for Paul B. ?
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »

Wherever Tom is at these days I wish him well. Even if he has started his own forum somewhere and he doesn't want me posting on it I still wish him the best.

Who knows why Tom did what he did but that doesn't make him a bad person. Like alot of other people out there he probably needed money and we all know desperate people do desperate things.

I'm sure Tom will pop up again someday and if he does lets all welcome him back with open arms just like he welcomed me at trackslew.com.

I don't believe Tom is posting under a different name because that's something Tom would never do. When he did post once or twice under a different name he told us all that he did. Tom was the backbone of this forum and the true " esteemed " poster. This forum has suffered dearly in popularity since Tom has left and Janine knows damn well she needs him back. So, I'm hoping Tom is doing just fine and will be back posting here soon. 
slew

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 02:34:02 PM »

I just got back from meeting with a guy who knows Tom and he's doing fine. Tom is making 20 bucks a day begging for change at the L by O'hare. Leave the guy alone.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 02:57:52 PM »

I just got back from meeting with a guy who knows Tom and he's doing fine. Tom is making 20 bucks a day begging for change at the L by O'hare. Leave the guy alone.
C'mon, get real.  you don't go from selling expensive insurance policies to panhandling in five months time.  Get lost you cretin.   trotter  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006, 03:22:16 PM »

We all know the panhandling hotspot is cleaning windows at Cicero and the Stevenson.  Just don't take your squeegee from that gas station -- THEY ARE WATCHING!

Best,
EW

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 03:48:56 PM »

On a serious note guys, if anybody does hear that Tom is not in jail, please let this forum know. I agree with Dan on this one, although Tom and I shared many different perspectives, I do miss his wisdom and knowledge on the forum.  If anybody out there knows that Tom is alive and well, please post it on here and don't start nonsense about rumors that may not be true.

...And Tom, if you are reading this forum again and posting under a alias, give Janine a shout and tell her to post on your behalf that all is well in Harvard, Illinois. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
john

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »

tom, was last spotted in an advertisement in Lake Geneva as a Chippendale dancer. After 4 months of being the fluff boy he is now the Headliner on weekends. That man has found a niche. He aint panhandling. The girls and a few fruitcakes are lining his pockets with ben franklins and not george washingtons !!!!!!!!!!
emp

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 04:14:20 PM »

Paul B.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 04:45:21 PM »

that guy in the picture looks like a goofy walrus----ooops, i fogot, tom wendt did resemble a goofy walrus. lol  dude dude
race track phil

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 04:54:33 PM »

I see you guys are adding a little comedy to the forum ! but on a serious note tom wendt added a lot to this forum . I met tom a few months ago and he seemed like a gentlemen and I hope he's doing well . lets not hang someone who made a mistake . none of us are perfect and we may disagree at times , but thats what makes the world go round . if you needed someone to look up some stats or info tom did it willingly . I hope he comes back someday and we should all welcome him . none of us really know the facts of tom's dillemma .                              RTP
Paul B.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »

I see you guys are adding a little comedy to the forum ! but on a serious note tom wendt added a lot to this forum . I met tom a few months ago and he seemed like a gentlemen and I hope he's doing well . lets not hang someone who made a mistake . none of us are perfect and we may disagree at times , but thats what makes the world go round . if you needed someone to look up some stats or info tom did it willingly . I hope he comes back someday and we should all welcome him . none of us really know the facts of tom's dillemma .                              RTP

i agree with you rtp, tom wendt is a great guy who knows more about harness racing then anyone on this stupid forum. tom is a gentleman and great for stats and harness information. this forum was tom's idea so everyone owes tom a big thank you. i am with you and hope tom comes back on this forum because we all need him. i dont think he did anything wrong and people are just trying to put him down because they are jealous of him. please come back on the forum tom, eveybody on here misses you.
john

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »

i liked tom wendt a lot. but as i said in my earlier post above he likes benjamins more than washingtons.
check out sun times advertisement today in the sports section next to massage parlors and johnstons ad to come see harness racing at his tracks, he is the headliner at chippendales at lake geneva. there is a picture of tom wendt bare chested. it has 4 stars next to him and a $10 cover charge. He is the headliner, go get em tommy boy
TC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »

On a serious note guys, if anybody does hear that Tom is not in jail, please let this forum know. I agree with Dan on this one, although Tom and I shared many different perspectives, I do miss his wisdom and knowledge on the forum.  If anybody out there knows that Tom is alive and well, please post it on here and don't start nonsense about rumors that may not be true.

...And Tom, if you are reading this forum again and posting under a alias, give Janine a shout and tell her to post on your behalf that all is well in Harvard, Illinois. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

...if there's anyone who held the correct opinion 100 % of the time, it would be Tom Wendt.  Tony and Gerry did the horsemen a valuable service bringing him around to sell crucial insurance policies.  Once again, great minds at the track banding together in a "networking" matrix to help out everyone involved at the races.  Joe, my last indication tells me that Tom may not be in Havard any longer and may have moved on.  I hope the fresh start gives him time to reflect on his decisions and comes to the conclusion that this forum needs him badly.  I'll bet anyone $1,000,000 that Tom particularly enjoys the question of the day that you started and would dearly love to get his voice in on that thread.   trotter  TC
emp

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 08:53:27 PM »

Armonsol

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 10:21:48 PM »

TW has plenty to worry about.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:28:26 PM by Armonsol » Report to moderator   Logged
Armonsol

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 10:33:20 PM »

According to an aquaintance, TW is looking at 3-5 at a FCI of the government's choice.
Armonsol

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 10:39:25 PM »

TW's luxurous new digs.
Armonsol

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 10:47:10 PM »

$.12 per hour, TW will be the new king of the pick nine for a dime when he gets out.
Armonsol

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 11:09:15 PM »

United Insurance derby named in honor of TW
tonymfan

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2006, 02:47:10 AM »

If Tom W. goes to jail or is already in jail, who do we accuse of being behind every new name that registers on the forum?

Dan Nance

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2006, 03:56:02 AM »

I believe this is a picure of " Tim Schmidt ". You know the steward that got fired in Chicago because he pulled some kind of a scam. Now he's a big shot steward down in Indiana.
race track phil

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2006, 01:28:45 PM »

danny ,              sure looks like tim !  they must allow drug users in indiana .                                RTP
Imnottrotter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2017, 02:24:02 PM »

If Tom W. goes to jail or is already in jail, who do we accuse of being behind every new name that registers on the forum?

Just wondering,what name is Tom currently posting under?
1stopharnessracing

HOME OF THE DNRS.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2017, 02:33:25 PM »

SEA BISCUIT IS THE NAME  TOM WENDT USES NOW A DAYS

is RAHM an American Name?
Brother Orchid

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »

cmon faraldo ;
 Now youv'e fallen to new depths a post from thr year 2006  guess youv'e hit bottom
 CAN'T EVEN FIND A TROLL TO COME TO YOUR RESCUE , LONELINESS IS A *** JOE'
 TRY AND SAVE A LITTLE DIGNITY FOR YOURSELF, EVERY THING COMES TO AN END.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: