Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 20, 2014, 11:28:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: If Barack Obama becomes the next president, what scares you the most?
I'll end up with a tax bill that makes my vet bill look reasonable - 17 (25.4%)
Iranians will be dancing in the streets when they have enough nukes to wipe out Europe & The America's - 12 (17.9%)
Terrorists won't even have to plan their attacks in Arabic, it'll be so easy - 13 (19.4%)
It doesn't matter to me, I'm moving to Canada - 6 (9%)
Nothing - I'm already broke & don't even know who's in this damn election - 19 (28.4%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 440   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: Political thread  (Read 250717 times)
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 01:33:20 PM »

Trotter just to make you mad...Alec Baldwin did not move to Canada after he said that he would when GW won his second term....

Wow you call me "prejudice"....I am guessing that your "Liberal Ass" is for Hussein.  Name me one instance where you can call me prejudice based on anything that I ever wrote on this site...when Hussein listens to a "Prejudice" man every time he went to church.  How his "Prejudice" wife for the first time ever was proud of America when Hussein started winning primaries.  

What are you talking about when you say that I bought up the ex Iraq leader Saddam?  I call my granddaughter (28 months old) by her first and middle name all of the time.  If Barrack Hussein Obama is embarrased by his middle name how is this my fault (or is he proud of it...but Liberal Trotter1 is not)?    

Name me One Accomplishment of Barrack Hussein Obama.....I live in Florida in the winter and Hillary won our election but because of Liberal BS Floridas Democrats vote does not count along with Michigan.  Hillary won both States.  

Trotter1 you are a "Pathetic Human Being" for liking Jimmy Carter Part 2 In My Opinion.  Also I hope that you do not live in small town America.....all that they care about is Guns and religion according to Hussein.   Hussein is Racist (if he heard Wrights words for 20 years and went to his Church every week)...go to youtube and put in wrights name and hear his racist and Anti USA Rants....You want me to go to Canada....You should call up Wright and have him leave the Greatest Country in the World   flag

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your recent post which said:   " I wish George W. Bush could be president for another 4 years..." says it all.

Too bad you can't take GW with you when you leave for Canada.  Hell, after all, with the value of our dollar
dropping to RECORD low levels under 8 years of George W. Bush and the value of the Canadian dollar at
record HIGH levels compared to the U.S. dollar, your new country (Canado) may just end up buying the US
for pennies on the dollar.
Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »

If you are saying that President's have no control over oil prices, then Carter REALLY wasn't the cause of the economic problems of the 70s. But, no! That's NOT what you said. You blamed high gas prices on Carter.

And you are making my point EXACTLY on Paul Volcker! Didn't you read what I printed. He raised the discount rate to get INFLATION under control, something that Ford and Nixon couldn't do. But he was right! You had to get inflation under control first. Then try to turn around the economy. Carter knew he couldn't do that in only one year, he knew it would kill his chances for a second term, and he did it anyway. The question is, why didn't Ford or Nixon do it?

If you want to talk about the economy and what's going to happen next, that's different than saying Carter is a worse President than Bush. I don't like Obama's "wave your hand at it" policies at all. McCain is even worse, though. Much worse. He doesn't understand the economy at all and that's just a repeat of Bush.

Milk the wealthy? What one income group has prospered beyond all their hopes in the Bush administration? Tax cut after tax cut, runaway salaries. Hell, if you are a trust fund baby, you basically don't pay ANY income taxes. Corporate taxes are the lowest they've ever been. All those "Pioneers" who gave $100,000 or more to Bush's campaigns made up for it in the first year of Bush's tax cuts. Who do you want to tax to pay for the war, the mortgage debacle, the deficit? The middle class? Maybe we could squeeze a little more out of the people making under $10,000??
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 01:52:07 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
HUNGARY

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »

What was so great about Ronald Reagan? What did he ever do?

You would invade Mexico, too, probably. I would guess there's no country you wouldn't invade and if you are like most Republicans, you wouldn't be part of the invasion force. You'd let other people go.

How was invading Iraq a good idea?

The only difference  between the WTC bombing in 1993 and in 2001 was the response. Clinton hunted down and locked up the offenders. Bush started a war with a country that had nothing to do with the attack, costing 4000 US military lives, 20,000 or more wounded, and upwards of 300,000 Iraqi civilians dead. Why do you hate America and the troops?

Liberals crack me up....First Trotter1 says that I am "Prejudice"...now Moon says that "I hate America and the troops"...when did I ever say anything of this?HuhHuhHuh??

Also, to quote Moon....."What was so great about Reagan"?  

Liberal Moon...there was this war called the Cold War.....it lasted from the end of WW2 (I always agreed with Patton we should have nuked Russia at the end of WW2...and we would not of had the cold war)....Reagan ended the Cold War by destroying Communism (Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall....a historic speech by the best Pres. ever....maybe you heard of it?Huh?)....Star Wars (no not a movie) and Reagan helped to destroy the Communist Russia.  

Invading Iraq was a great idea because Saddam Hussein wanted to destroy America.  He would of have loved to get a nuclear weapon and point it at us (actually he just wanted to destroy the Republicans...he wanted the Liberals to continue living in La La land peacefully and happy!!!!)

That "very nice man" who is the President of Iraq.....Moon and Trotter....he does not like us either.  He was the leader when they took the hostages from the USA Embassy in Iran....alot of the hostages have ID'ed him as a leader who was in charge when Iran took our hostages....now had Carter invaded Iran.....Iran could be a Democratic country today....and that "nice  man in Iran" would not be trying to get nuclear weapons to kill us....also If Iran was a friendly Democratic Country instead of being ruled by a violent dictater maybe gas could be cheaper?  In Iran today...they shout Death to America and burn the greatest Flag ever.....

Trotter1 and Moon....if the Japanese did not bomb Pearl Harbor you would not have wanted us to fight WW2.  France and England thought that they had peace with Germany in place....I remember the picture of Chamberlin in England holding up a piece of paper...we have peace with Germany....well it turned out that Germany after invading Czechleslavokia invaded Poland and then France....if Britain and France would have attacked Germany after they invaded Czeckleslavokia they would have defeated Germany (Germany was not as strong then...Their leader was affraid of a Britian and France attack...knowing that he would be in trouble if it came...unfortuantely it never came).....so Britain and France do not attack (maybe 4,000 French and British heroes would have been killed)....and that would have prevented 100,000's of Thousands deaths in WW2.  

What makes America so great is that we can argue like this....before Reagan was president Eastern Europe was under Communist Russia Control....so they could not have these debates.  

1993 and 2001 were very different.  Planes with our brothers and sisters were flown into the WTC, Pentagon and Pennsylvania Field (Headed to the White House)....it was the 2nd time that we were under attack by a enemy on our land (Pear Harbor was the 1st).....so to prevent another WW2 and a bloody day....should we of attacked Iraq....I say Yes (lets not wait for the enemy to get strong like France and Britian did)....should we attack Iran....?  (That nut scares me...if they get nuclear weapons....well I do not want to think of that)..........

4,000 Hereos have died and 20,000 Hereos are wounded so we can have peace and Democracy in our lives....we can never forget Pearl Harbor and those Terrorists that attacked us on 9-11  because they are jealous of our freedom....we all owe a big thank you to the troops and the greatest Army in the world for protecting us and allowing us to have our Democracy and Freedom....I am sure that the Army will never forget 9-11 and neither should we.  I know that I never will.  F these crazy Muslims that want to kill us.  (no Trotter1 and Moon....I am not saying that all Muslims want to kill us....only these crazy radical nuts.....)

Enough of this Politiacal talk for me.....it is depressing.....I am going to look at Tonights Meadowlands Program!!!!!!!!
talking head

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »

I'm going to direct this to you, my friend.  Just because we disagree on one Gregory Grismore does not make us opposite in any way.  Remember, we have a common bond with virtually everyone that we argue with on this forum - we are the few, the proud, harness racing fans.  We are a dying breed.

Now, for some of the others posting here like supernaut & talking head, I have a couple of questions:

1 - What do you say about the proposed tax hikes on middle income people, such as those written about by Vegas Jay & bowserkat?  You continue to spew your hatred towards GW Bush (which I share) but you, along with most of Barack's supporters never address the disaster that he stands for.  Are all of his supporters really that ignorant to believe in "change" even if change means something worse?  I remind you, as a Dolphin fan, we never thought that change after 4-12 would leave us at 1-15.  So do you think that raising taxes across the board will help our economy?  I really want to know how this will help.

First of all look back at my post, I NEVER said I was a supporter of Barack Obama. My post was about How George W. has screwed everything up! As far as rising taxes How is the United States going to get out of Debt? George W. has created a two class system, rich and poor, there is no middle class! If you make 200,000 a year and have to pay 35% in taxes you still have 130,000! Even though with all the tax breaks given to the rich there is no way they pay that much in taxes! GE hasn't paid taxes in years!
The reason I blame George W. for the high price of oil is because are U.S. Dollar keeps dropping in value. So what cost a dollar 5 years ago when the dollar was worth a dollar now costs 1.20. Now have the democrats figured out a way to solve the problem-  NO! It seems like people in Washington are more worried about Republicans and Democrats than worried about Americans!
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »

Liberals crack me up....First Trotter1 says that I am "Prejudice"...now Moon says that "I hate America and the troops"...when did I ever say anything of this?HuhHuhHuh??

Also, to quote Moon....."What was so great about Reagan"?  

Liberal Moon...there was this war called the Cold War.....it lasted from the end of WW2 (I always agreed with Patton we should have nuked Russia at the end of WW2...and we would not of had the cold war)....Reagan ended the Cold War by destroying Communism (Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall....a historic speech by the best Pres. ever....maybe you heard of it?Huh?)....Star Wars (no not a movie) and Reagan helped to destroy the Communist Russia.  

Invading Iraq was a great idea because Saddam Hussein wanted to destroy America.  He would of have loved to get a nuclear weapon and point it at us (actually he just wanted to destroy the Republicans...he wanted the Liberals to continue living in La La land peacefully and happy!!!!)

That "very nice man" who is the President of Iraq.....Moon and Trotter....he does not like us either.  He was the leader when they took the hostages from the USA Embassy in Iran....alot of the hostages have ID'ed him as a leader who was in charge when Iran took our hostages....now had Carter invaded Iran.....Iran could be a Democratic country today....and that "nice  man in Iran" would not be trying to get nuclear weapons to kill us....also If Iran was a friendly Democratic Country instead of being ruled by a violent dictater maybe gas could be cheaper?  In Iran today...they shout Death to America and burn the greatest Flag ever.....

Trotter1 and Moon....if the Japanese did not bomb Pearl Harbor you would not have wanted us to fight WW2.  France and England thought that they had peace with Germany in place....I remember the picture of Chamberlin in England holding up a piece of paper...we have peace with Germany....well it turned out that Germany after invading Czechleslavokia invaded Poland and then France....if Britain and France would have attacked Germany after they invaded Czeckleslavokia they would have defeated Germany (Germany was not as strong then...Their leader was affraid of a Britian and France attack...knowing that he would be in trouble if it came...unfortuantely it never came).....so Britain and France do not attack (maybe 4,000 French and British heroes would have been killed)....and that would have prevented 100,000's of Thousands deaths in WW2.  

What makes America so great is that we can argue like this....before Reagan was president Eastern Europe was under Communist Russia Control....so they could not have these debates.  

1993 and 2001 were very different.  Planes with our brothers and sisters were flown into the WTC, Pentagon and Pennsylvania Field (Headed to the White House)....it was the 2nd time that we were under attack by a enemy on our land (Pear Harbor was the 1st).....so to prevent another WW2 and a bloody day....should we of attacked Iraq....I say Yes (lets not wait for the enemy to get strong like France and Britian did)....should we attack Iran....?  (That nut scares me...if they get nuclear weapons....well I do not want to think of that)..........

4,000 Hereos have died and 20,000 Hereos are wounded so we can have peace and Democracy in our lives....we can never forget Pearl Harbor and those Terrorists that attacked us on 9-11  because they are jealous of our freedom....we all owe a big thank you to the troops and the greatest Army in the world for protecting us and allowing us to have our Democracy and Freedom....I am sure that the Army will never forget 9-11 and neither should we.  I know that I never will.  F these crazy Muslims that want to kill us.  (no Trotter1 and Moon....I am not saying that all Muslims want to kill us....only these crazy radical nuts.....)

Enough of this Politiacal talk for me.....it is depressing.....I am going to look at Tonights Meadowlands Program!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------

Hungary's definitiion of a Liberal:     Anyone who disagress with him....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When did I say I was a liberal.   I will most likely vote for McCain (although I'm not looking forward to continuing
the troop presence in Iraq under him.  However, I do feel he'll be more realistic about it and has more knowledge
of the inner workings there than Bush does.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 02:26:17 PM »

I don't know, Hungary, maybe I think you hate the troops and America because you want to start war after war for no reason?

If you invaded every country that wanted to wipe America off the map in 2003, Iraq would have been WAAAAYYY down on the list. North Korea, Iran, China, Russia, Syria, Libya, several African countries.

No, Gorbachev ALONE stopped the Cold War and allowed the Communist satellites like Poland self-determination again. That, plus a bad economy in the USSR and, we find out now, Charlie Wilson's war in Afghanistan had a lot to with it. Reagan made a speech, after everything was decided. Even Gorbachev says WTF to statements that Reagan was the moving force behind it.

Who attacked us again? Iraq? No, sorry. Try again. That's right, Saudis. But they are our buddies! Or at least buddies of the Bush family. CLOSE buddies of the Bush family.
NiatrossJumps

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 03:19:20 PM »

I guess then, Niatross Jumps chooses #5 & Bowserkat picks #1.  Hey bowser, you seem to pay attention to current events - is that all that scares you?  He's okay as the Commander & Chief - no worries over his Islamic brethren? 
No, I'm not broke...I have tooooo many horses that depend on me  maroon  ....again, can we move this thread to the "Rant and Rave" nonsense on the other side!!
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 03:57:34 PM »

HUNGARY, the worst President in the last 35 years and maybe EVER is George W Bush.

http://theboard.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/14/the-bush-presidency-the-historians-start-to-weigh-in/
Jimmy Carter arguably was the worst president NOT ONLY of the past century --- but EVER!! Remember 10 percent unemployment, runaway 13 percent inflation and a 21 percent prime lending rate? Or his exemplary handling of the Iranian hostage crisis (and the fact that the Iranians finally released the U.S. hostages ON THE VERY DAY -- Jan. 20, 1981 -- THAT RONALD REAGAN WAS SWORN INTO OFFICE AS PRESIDENT)?

And speaking of a gasoline price crisis, did you love the way CARTER handled it, with massive gas shortages and lines of cars a mile long with people praying there would still be a few gallons remaining when they finally got there -- and ONLY being able to buy gas according to "odd" or "even" days, according to the last digit on their car's license plate number?

Now this senile, virulently anti-semitic old *** is running all over the world embracing every anti-American, anti-Israeli Muslim dictator he can find.

Jimmy Carter is definitely suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, which began around 1977 and, obviously, has become progressively worse.

And with all due respect, sir, if you DON'T think Carter is the worst president we've ever had, than you are just as distantly removed from reality as he!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:03:12 PM by vegas jay » Report to moderator   Logged
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »

George W. Bush will go down as the worst president in history.

And I'm voting for McCain in November (before you call me a .....liberal)
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 04:10:28 PM »

Jimmy Carter arguably was the worst president NOT ONLY of the past century --- but EVER!! Remember 10 percent unemployment, runaway 13 percent inflation and a 21 percent prime lending rate? Or his exemplary handling of the Iranian hostage crisis (and the fact that the Iranians finally released the U.S. hostages ON THE VERY DAY -- Jan. 20, 1981 -- THAT RONALD REAGAN WAS SWORN INTO OFFICE AS PRESIDENT)?

And speaking of a gasoline price crisis, did you love the way CARTER handled it, with massive gas shortages and lines of cars a mile long with people praying there would still be a few gallons remaining when they finally got there -- and ONLY being able to buy gas according to "odd" or "even" days, according to the last digit on their car's license plate number?

Now this senile, virulently anti-semitic old *** is running all over the world embracing every anti-American, anti-Israeli Muslim dictator he can find.

Jimmy Carter is definitely suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, which began around 1977 and, obviously, has become progressively worse.

And with all due respect, sir, if you DON'T think Carter is the worst president we've ever had, than you are just as distantly removed from reality as he!

No, we just don't listen to Rush Limbaugh every day.

Again, Hostage Crisis vs. Iraq War?
Doubling the deficit vs. Trying to solve inflation that Nixon and Ford caused?

A case can be made that Reagan was a worse President than Carter. Just on the Arms for Hostages deal, thumbing his nose at the Constitution.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »

George W. Bush will go down as the worst president in history.

And I'm voting for McCain in November (before you call me a .....liberal)
yes to the first part and then ME TOO

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 05:14:55 PM »

If you are saying that President's have no control over oil prices, then Carter REALLY wasn't the cause of the economic problems of the 70s. But, no! That's NOT what you said. You blamed high gas prices on Carter.

I don't like Obama's "wave your hand at it" policies at all. McCain is even worse, though. Much worse. He doesn't understand the economy at all and that's just a repeat of Bush.

Maybe we could squeeze a little more out of the people making under $10,000??

I didn't blame high gas prices on Carter.  You blamed the current high gas prices on Bush & I was trying to make a comparison to the Carter years.  I don't believe that gas prices are affected by presidents.  You apparently do.  I blamed many of our other economic problems in the late 70's/early 80's on Carter.  Once again, he was opposed by his own party - Ted Kennedy.  Doesn't that tell you how bad he was?

Thank you for clarifying your position on Obama.  What did you vote for as the scariest thing about him?  And what makes you think that Obama knows any more about the economy, assuming you're not pointing toward Obama's education from Rev. Wright, who's said to have a $10 million Line Of Credit for his new home , reportedly in an affluent white neighborhood.  America will slowly find out that Obama is a complete fraud & many Americans will actually understand that & change their preference.

As far as your quote of lower income taxes, lower-income earners pay zero taxes.  You will soon hear the same report as last year - that approximately 45% of all Americans do not pay any federal taxes, yet the large majority of those imbeciles think that they are paying too much in taxes.  They are of course, referring to Social Security & Medicare taxes but are too ignorant to know the difference.  This is the large majority of Obama's supporters. 

I repeat my question to you - what do you think will happen economically, if taxes on the wealthy are raised giving many of them no incentive to stay in business & they retire.  So once again - how will this ingenious plan be better for the country?  Please tell me why you are voting for Barack Obama.

My opinion is we will be in another deep Carter-like recession, which you apparently feel was the only way out (until Reagan proved otherwise, of course).  This recession will make the dollar even weaker causing higher inflation & higher unemployment.  The stock market will spiral downward, negating the capital-gains tax increases that democraps are fixated on.  That is why I am voting for John Mccain. 

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 05:54:56 PM »

I didn't blame high gas prices on Carter.  You blamed the current high gas prices on Bush & I was trying to make a comparison to the Carter years.  I don't believe that gas prices are affected by presidents.  You apparently do.  I blamed many of our other economic problems in the late 70's/early 80's on Carter.  Once again, he was opposed by his own party - Ted Kennedy.  Doesn't that tell you how bad he was?

Thank you for clarifying your position on Obama.  What did you vote for as the scariest thing about him?  And what makes you think that Obama knows any more about the economy, assuming you're not pointing toward Obama's education from Rev. Wright, who's said to have a $10 million Line Of Credit for his new home , reportedly in an affluent white neighborhood.  America will slowly find out that Obama is a complete fraud & many Americans will actually understand that & change their preference.

As far as your quote of lower income taxes, lower-income earners pay zero taxes.  You will soon hear the same report as last year - that approximately 45% of all Americans do not pay any federal taxes, yet the large majority of those imbeciles think that they are paying too much in taxes.  They are of course, referring to Social Security & Medicare taxes but are too ignorant to know the difference.  This is the large majority of Obama's supporters. 

I repeat my question to you - what do you think will happen economically, if taxes on the wealthy are raised giving many of them no incentive to stay in business & they retire.  So once again - how will this ingenious plan be better for the country?  Please tell me why you are voting for Barack Obama.

My opinion is we will be in another deep Carter-like recession, which you apparently feel was the only way out (until Reagan proved otherwise, of course).  This recession will make the dollar even weaker causing higher inflation & higher unemployment.  The stock market will spiral downward, negating the capital-gains tax increases that democraps are fixated on.  That is why I am voting for John Mccain. 

Why are voting for McCain, if you are so concerned about the economy. He admitted he didn't know anything about it. He says he's running on the "Stay in Iraq for 100 years" platform. Now, how do you reconcile THAT with any kind of fiscal responsibility??

Those 45% of the economy won't pay any income taxes (IF that's an accurate number, I don't think it is)Huh You have to make less than $10,000 if you are single to pay no taxes. If there is 45% of the country that is paying no taxes and earning less than $10,000 for a single guy, higher for families, of course, then we really do have 2 classes, the upper class and the people who don't even earn enough to pay taxes. What does the upper 5% get? I believe it's something 28% of all income and that's not counting non-taxable stuff. That's AGI (Adjusted Gross Income, Line 43)
NiatrossJumps

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 05:58:56 PM »

Let's move this PLEASE to the Rant and Rave/Rage thread....one final thing, IF people really think Carter is the WORST president ever, I would put him way down on that list ,as would most historians (you know people that actually study American History). As for Bush (take your pick), I think they will enjoy special status on that list. By the way the Iranians released the hostages to try to embarass Carter, they soon discovered he had been replaced by an even bigger idiot, who they managed to trade arms illegally with (How soon we forget).
eljay

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »

Why are voting for McCain, if you are so concerned about the economy. He admitted he didn't know anything about it. He says he's running on the "Stay in Iraq for 100 years" platform. Now, how do you reconcile THAT with any kind of fiscal responsibility??

Those 45% of the economy won't pay any income taxes (IF that's an accurate number, I don't think it is)Huh You have to make less than $10,000 if you are single to pay no taxes. If there is 45% of the country that is paying no taxes and earning less than $10,000 for a single guy, higher for families, of course, then we really do have 2 classes, the upper class and the people who don't even earn enough to pay taxes. What does the upper 5% get? I believe it's something 28% of all income and that's not counting non-taxable stuff. That's AGI (Adjusted Gross Income, Line 43)
Don't the low income "taxpayers" receive Earned Income Credit" that exceeds their tax contribution... Calling Mr Chadwick , help me out.
freak

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 06:11:36 PM »

What's scary about this whole thread is the majority of people who chimed in can't do the math required to realize republican economics simply don't work. Cutting taxes and increasing spending is what gets us into situations like the one we're in now, and the one we were in during the mid 80's recession that nearly cost every small farmer in the midwest his livelihood. Stop letting the very few ultra-rich tell you what you need and figure it out for yourselves.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »

Thread title....Scary? Puh-lease. The only thing scary is the amount of multi-millionaires we have at this forum making rediculous posts. I say millionaires because they are the only ones who have any cause with any rationality to agree with the way things are being done now. doh

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »

Guys, let's be realistic here. Oil prices are not up because of one individual. The dems have had Congress for a couple of years now - what have they done to lower gas prices?  This President has initiated tough mileage standards that manufactureres must hit by 2020- is that a favor to Big Oil?  Had the previous President done that in 1996 we wouldn't have so many big SUV's getting 12 mpg with one person in the vehicle, and the demand would be much less.

The world appetite for oil has grown.  Liberal tree huggers are against exploration and drilling. They are against any new refineries being built in this country, so we are paying the price of increased demand and inadequate refining capacity.

Obama scares the hell out of me.  Though he talks a good game, he's done nothing.  I am concerned about his years spent in Muslim schools.  I am concerned that he shares the views of his racist Church. I am concerned by his elitist attitude.  His position on taxes, health care, immigration all scare me.

Be afraid...be very afraid.

just a note on part of your quote concerning the clinton administration in 1996 on suv's.

if gas was 4 dollars a gallon back then i don't think the auto companies would have ramped up production. so, even if an suv was held to have better gas mileage back then how many people would buy one today? this is no different than what went on in 73 when they had the " OIL EMBARGO" .  all b.s. by both parties. big money puts candidates in office. americans pay for that everyday of their life.

i do agree about obama. if he gets the demo nod mccain will probably beat him because hillary supporters will either not vote or cross party lines and vote for mccain.

i think we are in for trouble no matter what candidate gets in office.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »

ANYTHING OR ANYBODY would be better than another Republican President. Bush has done enough damage for 6 generations of my children. It will take at LEAST that many generations to pay off his war spending. At least with the Democrats there is a CHANCE that the gas prices will either stabilize or go DOWN. After all, the oil companies would hate to have to answer just how they justify making RECORD profits while the economy is in a definite downturn.We need price controls on monopolies.And YES, the oil companies do have a monopoly. If you don't think so, just try starting one up and see how far you get...................

So let me check my brains at the door for a moment and see if I get this right and allow me to paraphrase a tiny bit. We should:

1) Bring the troops home, surrender, turn the country over to radical Muslims who want us dead any way and make us all face north to pray six times a day.

Yea I will pass and say we fight on.

2) Become Socialist and take the profits the oil companies make, redistribute it and set price controls on the oil and then go after all major corporations.

Yea I think I am going to pass on that one too. Nixon tried price controls when he was President and it failed. While we are at it, I say we keep that Capitalism thing too. I mean after all it has worked for nearly 250 years with people making what profits they can. Oh and just for the record, we dont need to attack corporations. I mean they employ only 138 million Americans right now as it is. Lastly, I think we might want to get some more conservatives who will vote to let us look for more oil and gass in America. Not for nothing but they drill all over central and South America and they have found two major areas in the last two years

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 06:45:29 PM »

What's scary about this whole thread is the majority of people who chimed in can't do the math required to realize republican economics simply don't work. Cutting taxes and increasing spending is what gets us into situations like the one we're in now, and the one we were in during the mid 80's recession that nearly cost every small farmer in the midwest his livelihood. Stop letting the very few ultra-rich tell you what you need and figure it out for yourselves.

Yeah that mid 1980's recession right before the Reagan tax cuts kicked in causing the largest and longest peace time expansion in the history of our country

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »

Yeah that mid 1980's recession right before the Reagan tax cuts kicked in causing the largest and longest peace time expansion in the history of our country

What happened in 1987?

What happened in George H.W. Bush's Presidency? Let me give you a reminder: 'It's the ECONOMY, stupid!'
Remember now?

Historical revisionism to make Reagan look better, it's a Rush Limbaugh specialty.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:02:30 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
freak

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »

You do realize by his second term Reagan barely knew who he was. He had Alzhiemer's so bad he was only good for about two hours every morning before he went to left field. Like most Republicans you give way too much credit to an incompetent figurehead for a job not done.

Give up Moon. There is arguing with people incapable of reason. I may be overeducated, but that is better than being underinformed.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »

It's amazing. I mean, I think the Obama supporters are idiots who don't even know where their candidate stands, but these guys don't even know the facts about what they quoting. But they make up for it with vitriol. I'd hate to be in their houses, because it seems like the louder you scream something and keep repeating it, the more it's true. Sheesh.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 10:56:09 PM »

The 1987 recession barely met the minimum definition of a recession and was one of the shortest lived recessions ever and again when you look atthe entire period, it is the largest overall peacetime economic expansion ever.

If you remember, for every dollar in tax reduction that Reagan proposed, it was the Democratic controlled congress who passed over two dollars in spending.

Thos efree-spending Liberals dont get to spend the money had Reagans tax cuts not produced record setting revenue to the Federal Government.

It was much better then the Clinton recession as he left office

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 440   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: