Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 06:04:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World's Largest Derby Party???  (Read 5968 times)
Horse Voice

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »

Maybe you should consider posting actual facts yourself... You are the one posting estimates based on what you see on TV, and will continue to get ripped for calling out other posters. My numbers at least derived from some published source. Averages and correlations are certainly more generally accepted methods for projecting outcomes, that estimates based on what I saw on TV. How can you really defend that?

Easily, that's how. 

While you've been so busy patting yourself on the back, and trying to make me look silly, anyone else reading this with comprehension has to be asking themselves, "what 'published source' is fnlfurlong talking about?"

* a teller in Hodgkins?

* Earl's mop & bucket guy in East Moline?

Unless we have ACTUAL numbers -- the facts, from established sources -- everything else, whether derivations, projections, averages, correlations, divinations, or just plain ol' estimates, are of roughly equal value...which is, not much. They're all conjecture.

And once again, you suggest that someone else post actual facts, when you have none to offer. You then smugly offer "averages an correlations" as being better that what I saw on TV, but no one cares if your hypothetical numbers are "closer" than mine -- and anyway, closer to what? They're either "fact", or they ain't. Yours ain't.

Like I said before, get over yourself.   
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2008, 09:24:38 PM »

The initial statements of that post were later supported by numbers as too was that Hawthorne statement. The point of that statement was that you can't really rip AP for not being able to handle a big crowd, when the track that AP bashers defend so loyally, doesn't have big crowds to give a fair point of comparison.

It may have resulted in another match, but the AP bashing started well before I began posting on this thread, and alot of the earlier posts were made to get a rise out of the "AP huggers." And it worked. APCD Dan actually got the ball rolling.

Wow, I haven't seen that much rationalization since grade school fractions class.

No one really gives a crap if you do it. However in the future, just lose the hypocritical lectures about how others always "make a match out of things" and introduce the rivalry into threads. It's obvious you will do the same thing yourself at the drop of a hat if it suits your purposes.
ChrissyTina

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2008, 10:45:05 PM »

I'm going to be there at AP for the party! Visits may be a little weird for me for awhile, but I LOVE the track too much to not go because of a guy. It would be great to meet any of you face to face. I'm easy to find at the track usually looking at the ponies (and jockeys) at post parade.  Just look for young (27years old) 5'6 blonde green eyed girl, with here's the thing that gives me away I ALWAYS have a deck of cards in my hand. Nothing like playing cards between the races! Game of Gin anyone?

"Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart."
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »

Good girl!  Don't let a big baby like that stop you from doing anything you want to do.
mj

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2008, 07:59:30 AM »

You go girl!

Please help me name the jockeys on the mailer.  I have already identified Earle, and Randy.   I told my husband I thought the jockey next to Earle was Chris but he said no.  Who are the first two?

Newbe
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2008, 03:04:51 PM »

Silva is next to Earlie
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »

I think it's Jesse Campbell next to Earlie!

I don't know who the long-haired dude is?
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »

I think it's Jesse Campbell next to Earlie!

I don't know who the long-haired dude is?

you must have received a different mailer than I did
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »

long haired dude, Jesse Campbell, Earlie Fires, Randy Meier??
ChrissyTina

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2008, 10:51:28 PM »

On the mailer, what mailer? I have no idea what you guys are refering too. Too bad too because I know what every jockey looks like (especially the Illinois jocks).

"Never let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart."
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 08:17:40 AM »

long haired dude, ChrissyTina. Black hair. Elfin ears, at least from this picture.
Horse Voice

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2008, 08:40:42 AM »

long haired dude, ChrissyTina. Black hair. Elfin ears, at least from this picture.

Sounds like L'il Timmy (Thornton).
mj

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »

Thanks, let's take it to the next level. 

Whose silks are they wearing?   Dogsup is guessing that Randy is in Hugh Robertsons but that is only a wild guess.   We have no idea on the other silks.   I know that none are the FCC or Mr. D's ones.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2008, 01:42:05 PM »

I have no idea who the one with the long hair is.
The guy next over is too young to be Meier.
Next is Silva and at the end is Earlie.
At least that's what's on my mailer.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2008, 02:03:02 PM »

Geez, they must have sent out mailers with different pictures, then. Because NOBODY could confuse Meier and Earlie and that's definitely not Carlos Silva.

Hahahaha! They're doing it just to tick me off, I'm sure.
Horse Voice

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »

Hahahaha! They're doing it just to tick me off, I'm sure.

Show it you your friend -- Batman. He has all of that secret detective crap from the 60's.

(Unless he's at home, a'washin' his tights.)
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »

What ever HAPPENED to that Batman guy? I must have scared him off with my tough talk.

maroon
fnlfurlong

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2008, 09:30:51 PM »

Far right is meier, I think long haired on left is Tim Thornton. No idea on the other two.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »

I think you might be right about it being Meier.
The one I'm sure about is Silva.
Horse Voice

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »

So, who was at AP yesterday?

Was it "large", or did the crappy weather keep the crowds away?

Reports from the field, please. Thanks.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »

I was there it was hard to tell as most people were cramed inside due to the crappy weather, there were plenty of empty dry grandstand seats but it was cold.
mel4600

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2008, 10:47:54 AM »

I am positive the one on the left is Thorton, I believe the 2nd one is Joel Campbell, I'm positive the 3rd one is Silva and I'm positive the one on the right is Meier.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »

I was there it was hard to tell as most people were cramed inside due to the crappy weather, there were plenty of empty dry grandstand seats but it was cold.

When I saw the weather yesterday, 50 windy showery, I thought it was going to be a crowded day indoors, and maybe not the great AP crowd of all time.

Then of course, like all the other cowardly CDI tracks, Arlington won't let Equibase print the handle totals at the bottom of the charts. I suppose we could add up all the individual pools to compare to last year's Derby Day, if we really cared.
Horse Voice

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2008, 11:38:18 AM »

Then of course, like all the other cowardly CDI tracks, Arlington won't let Equibase print the handle totals at the bottom of the charts. I suppose we could add up all the individual pools to compare to last year's Derby Day, if we really cared.

Well, I think we'd find that the crappy weather DOES inhibit people from coming out and betting on the live product -- something I've been saying all along as a response to those who routinely and somewhat unfairly criticize Hawthorne's on-track numbers.

If AP did poorly yesterday, they get a pass from me based on the weather alone. Even before my boycott, I wouldn't have bothered going there on a day like that.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »

It failed.

Story here: http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=184920
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: