Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 03:23:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: What's up with the little tomatoes?  (Read 37167 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: April 07, 2008, 08:42:22 PM »

The little tomatoes (and their pepper friends) in an Evanston window a few days after the Illinois Derby.

What will be their fate? Where will they travel? What wonders will they see, if any? Will they survive? Will they find true love? Will they actually bear, you know, tomatoes?

Stay tuned to this very same off topic thread in coming months to find out! I'm willing to wager the little tomatoes visit more racetracks than you!

Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »

I think Terry had too much beer at the winning Sox game.  I bet that beer was not cheap either.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »

I think Terry had too much beer at the winning Sox game.  I bet that beer was not cheap either.

You're right, it was not cheap. Up to an even $6 this year.

But at least it was Major League beer.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 07:32:34 AM »

One of those little tomatoes seems to have flown the coop ALREADY!!!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »

One of those little tomatoes seems to have flown the coop ALREADY!!!

It did. It's staying home. Now the 12 hole is for any hitchhiker tomatoes.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:18:42 PM »

Day 1.

The little tomatoes settle into their traveling home, right next to the little box with the collector's item Hawthorne coffee coozy, and whatever else junk is in the little box. I really hope there's some GPS batteries in there, as they weren't in my overnight bag like I thought.

Nothing exciting happened today, and no one dropped anything on the little tomatoes.

Up tomorrow: The little tomatoes get water, and change position.

Horse Voice

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 11:24:53 PM »

Up tomorrow: The little tomatoes get water, and change position.

They didn't change position at all today -- is that because they are in a speed-favoring box?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:37:18 PM »

They didn't change position at all today -- is that because they are in a speed-favoring box?

Well, duh, the individual little tomatoes aren't going to change position within the context of the cardboard matrix. Only the entire little garden, up and down, or side to side, depending on the sun. What do you think, I have unlimited time to spend on little tomatoes, or something? 
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 11:42:38 PM »

By the way, for the sake of integrity, I have to admit that not only are there a couple pepper plants in the flat, there's one tomatillo, too. It's the real spindly one at lower right in the original photo. Watch it closely. I've seen mature tomatillo plants before. Most bizarre. I think they could take over the earth, if allowed.
NIATROSS

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 02:36:36 AM »

It looks like you are taking them wherever you go ? Are they in the back seat on the floor of your vehicle ?

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 07:23:57 AM »

I wonder if the little tomato plants know that they are part of the Matrix?
nwaryas

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »

Clockerterry using his split personality for the tomatoes.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »

Well, we know he is Horse Voice, ClockerTerry, possibly Moon and jstark, so... what else is new?

maroon
Horse Voice

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

Well, we know he is Horse Voice, ClockerTerry, possibly Moon and jstark, so... what else is new?

Some people here prefer exciting fiction to boring reality, and have a powerful affection for the ridiculous. Nick is the chosen leader of these folks, and he handles his duties with aplomb.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 12:59:47 PM »

He's a mixer, I tells ya. A real troublemaker!

maroon
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »

I am cracking up here.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »

Nope. No GPS batteries in the little box. The little tomatoes enjoy the view of the Branson Walmart, a regular treasure rove of batteries, as it turns out.

The little tomatoes enjoy the view of the cheesy Branson main drag from the Phillips 66. They suggested a better grade of gas might solve the uneven performance of the Chumpmobile yesterday, and they were right. $3.34.9 for midgrade.

Whew, what a day for the little tomatoes!

P.S. They didn't need water today after all. Maybe tomorrow.
nwaryas

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »

This is what Clockerterry does when he travels to Arkansas for the Arkansas Derby. I was supposed to go down with mel4600 but his brother-in-law passed. Mel is down there. What is Terry doing traveling with all the tornadoes?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »

This is what Clockerterry does when he travels to Arkansas for the Arkansas Derby. I was supposed to go down with mel4600 but his brother-in-law passed. Mel is down there. What is Terry doing traveling with all the tornadoes?

Woo Hoo, Terry is traveling with tornados.  I always knew he went with a fast crowd.  This makes a much better story than a bunch of spindly tomatoes.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 07:50:04 PM »

Woo Hoo, Terry is traveling with tornados.  I always knew he went with a fast crowd.  This makes a much better story than a bunch of spindly tomatoes.

There were supposed to be tornadoes last night, but they never showed. Not in Branson, anyway. A little thunder, and plenty of rain was about it. Lots of water in the creeks and rivers today.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 08:04:49 PM »

There's too much hairspray in the air in Branson to let a tornado set down there!

maroon

/And that's just the MEN!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »

There's too much hairspray in the air in Branson to let a tornado set down there!

maroon

/And that's just the MEN!

I always heard Branson was crowded and hard to get around and jammed with big hairs and oldsters and the like, but I'm here to tell you, if you want the town to yourself (for whatever reason), pick a Wednesday in April. The deadest.

Yakov's place did look like some beacon to attract aliens. That was pretty cool.
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 08:52:44 PM »

Well, you could replace the 12th spot with a small jar of pecante sauce, to give the little tomato & pepper plants an experienced little role model...as long as the stuff isn't made in New York City.   Oh the days of early spring, where the more precocious little tomato & pepper plants begin to show signs of their future promise, and assert their dominance over the lesser tomato & pepper plants.   Cheesy
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »

Well, you could replace the 12th spot with a small jar of pecante sauce, to give the little tomato & pepper plants an experienced little role model...as long as the stuff isn't made in New York City.

Good idea. I'll check next time I stop at a Walmart superstore. It would have to be fairly small, though. Perhaps the smallest size of Pace.

Oh the days of early spring, where the more precocious little tomato & pepper plants begin to show signs of their future promise, and assert their dominance over the lesser tomato & pepper plants.   Cheesy

It is already happening. Some are thriving, and some are languishing. I might have to move them around in the matrix after all. I think some tomatoes are being intimidated by their box neighbors.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »

Terry, you should have gone through Eureka Springs instead of Branson!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: