Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 01:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 Racing Congress, Feb. 7 -10, Las Vegas  (Read 1576 times)
njhorseman

« on: January 26, 2006, 11:44:59 PM »

I will be attending the 2006 Racing Congress, a joint meeting of the United States Trotting Association, Thoroughbred Racing Association, Harness Tracks of America, and the United States Harness Writers Association. I will be attending as a USHWA member.

The key attraction of the Congress will be the joint USTA/HTA/USHWA "Night of Champions" awards dinner. I have just been informed by the dinner organizers that I will have the honor of presenting the Driver of the Year award to Cat Manzi. I am very, very pleased to present this award, as Cat was the principal driver of my horses for many years.

Are any other BTW listers planning to attend the Congress? If so, I'd like to have the opportunity to meet you.
Report to moderator   Logged
nomar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 11:47:09 PM »

good we will get a break from his crap at Freehold for a few days
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 11:56:17 PM »

I will be attending the 2006 Racing Congress, a joint meeting of the United States Trotting Association, Thoroughbred Racing Association, Harness Tracks of America, and the United States Harness Writers Association. I will be attending as a USHWA member.

The key attraction of the Congress will be the joint USTA/HTA/USHWA "Night of Champions" awards dinner. I have just been informed by the dinner organizers that I will have the honor of presenting the Driver of the Year award to Cat Manzi. I am very, very pleased to present this award, as Cat was the principal driver of my horses for many years.

Are any other BTW listers planning to attend the Congress? If so, I'd like to have the opportunity to meet you.

You forgot to mention where it's being held at.
njhorseman

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 11:57:44 PM »

You forgot to mention where it's being held at.

Bellagio, although I will not be staying there.
njhorseman

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

good we will get a break from his crap at Freehold for a few days

Nomar:
Since you signed with the Dodgers, maybe you should join the LA Barn to Wire board, instead of the Chicago board.  Grin
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 12:14:48 AM »

Bellagio, although I will not be staying there.

I think I'll come to the Bellagio for autographs if Rucker, Ledford and Langley show up. I'm starting a scrapbook with the best trainers/drivers to ever put on a set of colors. Also, I want Phil's autograph because he will go down in history as a real ambassador of the sport not to mention that he is the best race secretary to ever write a condition sheet. These three guys have gone from guys I didn't like to my all time favorite idols. I have finally figured out how great Ledford, Rucker and Langley really are. If only I could have been like them my life would be complete. Is there any chance that they will be back next year for this dinner? I hope so because I know Tony Morgan will be the driver of the year in 2006. I will be there to get Tony's autograph too if the dinner is held in Vegas next year. Tony is also at the top of my idol list. This man is truly amazing.

I hate to fly or I would fly out east and beg Rucker, Ledford, Langley and Morgan for their autograph's. I'm hoping they will all be in Vegas so I can tell them to their face how wonderful I think they are as I ask them for their autographs. I'm hoping they will forgive me for all the nasty things I ever said about them.

Please, let me know if they will be coming to Vegas in Feb.  
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 12:21:45 AM »

I think I'll come to the Bellagio for autographs if Rucker, Ledford and Langley show up. I'm starting a scrapbook with the best trainers/drivers to ever put on a set of colors. Also, I want Phil's autograph because he will go down in history as a real ambassador of the sport not to mention that he is the best race secretary to ever write a condition sheet. These three guys have gone from guys I didn't like to my all time favorite idols. I have finally figured out how great Ledford, Rucker and Langley really are. If only I could have been like them my life would be complete. Is there any chance that they will be back next year for this dinner? I hope so because I know Tony Morgan will be the driver of the year in 2006. I will be there to get Tony's autograph too if the dinner is held in Vegas next year. Tony is also at the top of my idol list. This man is truly amazing.

I hate to fly or I would fly out east and beg Rucker, Ledford, Langley and Morgan for their autograph's. I'm hoping they will all be in Vegas so I can tell them to their face how wonderful I think they are as I ask them for their autographs. I'm hoping they will forgive me for all the nasty things I ever said about them.

Please, let me know if they will be coming to Vegas in Feb.  

Dan:
Langley should be there as he is USTA president. I doubt any of the others will be. I would also guess that the annual USHWA"Night of Champions" banquet will be held back east next year. The last couple of years it's been in Atlantic City. It's only in LV this year because of the rare joint Racing Congress. Usually all these organizations hold separate meetings.
nomar

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

no LA for this Nomar i am here to show everyone what a puke your idol Manzi is
Auntie Mae

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 06:38:36 AM »

This must be the meeting where the IHHA staff and board members and their relatives are going with the expenses being paid from the purse account.  Is this possible? 
DLeestable

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 07:11:23 AM »

Paul,

My son Tony will be there, why don't you go up and introduce yourself.  I will tell him you are going to be there.

Donna
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 08:00:29 AM »

Please while you are there dont promote your book "How to Own Winning Standarbred racehorses"

this guy actually wrote a freakin book  lol
njhorseman

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 08:02:28 AM »

no LA for this Nomar i am here to show everyone what a puke your idol Manzi is

Yeah...he's such a puke that he's second in career wins to Herve. You should puke so well.
njhorseman

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 08:04:58 AM »

Please while you are there dont promote your book "How to Own Winning Standarbred racehorses"

this guy actually wrote a freakin book  lol

Nice to see your usual positive contribution to this board.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 08:06:55 AM »

Nice to see your usual positive contribution to this board.

Not a problem paulie..........
njhorseman

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 08:07:22 AM »

Paul,

My son Tony will be there, why don't you go up and introduce yourself.  I will tell him you are going to be there.

Donna

Donna:
I'd be pleased to meet him...in fact I've been looking forward to doing so for a number of years. Just seems like everytime we're in the same place, like the Harrisbug sale, I can never find him. Let me know the best way to locate him.
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »

Donna:
I'd be pleased to meet him...in fact I've been looking forward to doing so for a number of years. Just seems like everytime we're in the same place, like the Harrisbug sale, I can never find him. Let me know the best way to locate him.

Just meet him in the racebook at the Bellagio. Don't forget to look for me Paul because I'll be running around trying to find Langley so I can get his autograph. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 12:25:17 PM »

Just meet him in the racebook at the Bellagio. Don't forget to look for me Paul because I'll be running around trying to find Langley so I can get his autograph. 

Hey Paul, one other question?  Do you think if I bring down my win picture from the Big M. when Manzi won with RTP's horse " Harry's Colt " trained by Team *** I could get the " Cat Man " to autograph it? Since I'm only a " has been nobody " these days I'm sure I'd be treated like a common fan and not like an X trainer that put the " cat man " up to drive one of our steeds.

Paul, since you know the " cat man " so well do you think you could ask him if he could get Rucker's autograph for me when he goes back to Jersey? Like I said. I don't like flying so I don't think I'll be in Jersey anytime soon. I would really like to get Rucker's autograph so I can show people and tell them " do you see this guy who is the #1 trainer in the country " ? It's hard to believe this guy Rucker once picked up my horses and took them to a farm and swam them for me when he was a nobody. Just look at where he's at today.

If you can get Manzi to do that for me I would be forever grateful. I'll drop off $20 with you at the Bellagio for the cost of shipping the autograph. I'm starting a " Wall Of Fame " in my house with the guys that have become my idols such as Rucker, Ledford, Morgan, Langley, Doc Narotsky, and even Dr. Wilcox. 
DLeestable

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 03:20:20 PM »

Paul,

I am going to email you a photo of Tony so you know what he looks like. I'll tell him your going to be there. Of course he knows you only as the "Bear from New Jersey".  While your getting an autograph from Cat, get me one too   Cheesy.  I can get Ruckers here myself. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »

Paul,

I am going to email you a photo of Tony so you know what he looks like. I'll tell him your going to be there. Of course he knows you only as the "Bear from New Jersey".  While your getting an autograph from Cat, get me one too   Cheesy.  I can get Ruckers here myself. 

Donna
              Yes, make sure you get an autograph from Rucker and Ledford when he comes to Chicago to drive on " Super Night " because remember, these guys are far above us as trainers and we should worship them and wish we could have the talent that they have. I realize that the only reason I beat Rucker so many times in the 80's was because he hadn't  peeked " yet as a trainer. He was still learning from Carol Fossen how to rig a horse and he was still learning about lameness from the great Paul Clemens when he was working for them as a groom and swimming horses for me and other trainers at Wondergem's farm.

If I only would have learned from people like Carol Fossen and Paul Clemens like Rucker did I could have been way better then I was and maybe could know today as much about horses as Rucker does. I'm still wondering who taught Rucker how to be the great PR guy that he is. Or is that something he was born with? Anyway, make sure you get his autograph and hang it in your barn so you can say you competed against the worlds greatest trainer.   
DLeestable

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 05:18:04 PM »

I'll do that...I already got Ledfords.  He generously donated a large amount of dough to the Breast Cancer Foundation Ride I did and so did Ruck. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 05:38:28 PM »

I'll do that...I already got Ledfords.  He generously donated a large amount of dough to the Breast Cancer Foundation Ride I did and so did Ruck. 

I'm glad too hear they were so generous. I think many other trainers would also be generous if they were able to steal most of the other horseman's purse money like those two great trainers have been doing for a long time now.

OH!!!!! I'm sorry. That's was the old Dan *** talking not the new Dan ***. Ledford and Rucker are wonderful people and are the greatest trainers in the country today. They are my idols and I wish I was just like them. I hope they make millions this year so they can donate alot more money.
DLeestable

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 07:00:07 PM »

Well Dan I should mention everyone was generous. I didn't have one horseman tell me no, and I raised over $3,000.00 from the horsemen here at Balmoral.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: