Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 10:23:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mottoman  (Read 568 times)
John Frank

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2006, 02:41:37 PM »

Going to try and answer your question concerning part ownership of 2 yearlings thru Public Handicapper. This site has been in existance for quite a few years. It's a handicap contest site. I know the 2 individuals who run it and 2 other editors who partake. It is based out of New York. Carsoni and Lenhouse run the site. They brought up the idea to start a syndicate with players from that site. On a weekly basis they have a regular group of 3200 that participate. When they run their NTRA qualifier they have as many as 13,000. Their offering to the regulars the oppurtunity to buy in. This is just in feeling stage. This is more for fun and being able to say you have part ownership in possibly some capable horses. The goal is to collect $250,000 at $500.00 a share. No one individual can own more than 3 shares. Right know they have 400 interested parties from the 3200 regulars. They will open it up to other non-regular players if the need exists. Anyone can join Publichandicapper.com. They want to put $100,000 aside for trainer and expenses and use $150,000 for the purchase of 2 yearlings in future sales. Any horses purchased would be based out of New York. All major decisions would be theirs as it would be quite difficult compromising all part owners. On the other hand. They will offer a board discussion group for ideas on purchases and trainer. If your like me from Illinois,if this should be put togeather,chances are you would never see one or the other run here. But,never say never. If anything. Starting with 2 yu might see a small yearly dividend. The idea is to roll winnings and make yearly purchases. That's kind of the basics. But need not worry. Both are reputable individuals.
Report to moderator   Logged
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 06:41:09 PM »

Thanks for all the information John, its a cool idea for the small player that wants to have an interest in the longshot chance of hitting a really nice horse.  As we all know claiming a 5 or 10 thousand dollar horse and the odds are extremely great that you will lose money.  In a case like this you will not have the high maintenance costs monthly.  Odd's are of cource you will lose money but the possibility of making a few bucks and having a little fun with a decently bred horse improve your odds of possibly making a small amount.  I think I know who you are, I sit at the bar usually right near Beer Belly Bob on saturdays, your the famous John Short pants frank!!!!  Thanks for the information and say HI sometime...
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 08:17:52 PM »

I know who you are now. Next 3 beers are on me. Work has sucked. I will return when it picks up. Unless of course the 5 individuals who are there all the time,bring me the total of $650.00 that they owe me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: