Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 05:22:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HUMAN EPOGEN ARE THE T-BREDS GETTING IT TO  (Read 887 times)
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:06:45 AM »

Now that its been revealed that the harness horses out east are getting HUMAN EPOGEN to go faster & faster how many T-bred trainers have been getting away with using it??? And does it work as good on  horse  as it does the harness??

I love both the  horse and the  trotter but I follow the  trotter a little more

This is my first post on the  horse side but if harness racing does not clean up its act soon I may become a full time  horse guy.
Report to moderator   Logged
edwarren

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »

Here's a link:

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:J046OTVQDyoJ:www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnewsarchive/ttodaysnewsviewarchive.asp%3FArchiveDate%3D11/11/2003+epogen+thoroughbred&hl=en&start=2

I don't know more about it than this, that NY wants to test for it, may have a test, and that's about it.

KY state especially powerful KY vets are notorious drug advocates, what I read.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:00:24 PM »

The greatest Marathoner ever Roberto Salazar tried this with the backin of Uncle Sam. U.S. Army fed and conditioned him with this in Colorado years back. HE SHOULD NEVER HAD TRAINED LIKE THAT. He won every major race. But this was the Olympics in Mexico City that they prepared him for. He lost big time and has never been heard from since. So goes another experimental project from Dugway Proving Grounds.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »

Now that its been revealed that the harness horses out east are getting HUMAN EPOGEN to go faster & faster how many T-bred trainers have been getting away with using it??? And does it work as good on  horse  as it does the harness??

No one knows for sure, but there is a lot of suspicion about its use. Some horses have tested positive, as well, in some pilot test programs.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 06:04:44 PM »

They need to get start doing something about these drug problems before they lose all the fans. Its starting to show and betting fans are tired of it on both the horse and  trotter sides.

Start giving some hard fines and days and it will stop.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »

Superman: Years ago in the Daily Racing Form they used to have in the rear 2 or 3 pages loaded with infractions from all tracks thruout country. For some reason they stopped reporting. I guess no one cares anymore. All this S### is rampant. They must figure,that reporting it only hurts racing. We,meaning me in flats,knows this happens all the time. I have just become accustomed to it and any screaming I do about it does no good.
David

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »

It is strange the form stopped reporting it, they used to publish all of the stewards rulings, including bleeders list, vet list, any infractions or suspensions. The "professor" used to cut them out and post them on the bulletin board at the old AP handicapping center 25 years ago or whatever it has been.

Some of it is on-line now if you want to look for it,

http://www.arci.com/Recent7.asp

shows some of the stuff
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 06:50:24 PM »

David: I think,just guessing that when tracks decided that introducing family affairs into racing and inviting under age they thought new bettors looking at such would go WHAT THE F###. Anyhow the old know and have never thought different. We just can't see it in print anymore,unless it's a major violation. Harness harps everyday on it. I just accept and knows it happens more in flats than it does in standardbreds.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »

It is strange the form stopped reporting it, they used to publish all of the stewards rulings, including bleeders list, vet list, any infractions or suspensions. The "professor" used to cut them out and post them on the bulletin board at the old AP handicapping center 25 years ago or whatever it has been.

Some of it is on-line now if you want to look for it,

http://www.arci.com/Recent7.asp

shows some of the stuff

New Jersey has a sunshine law regarding drug positives here are the following
drugs that were used illegally in horses that raced in NJ

Fluphenazine
Clenbuterol
Flunixin
Ketorolac
Propantheline Bromide
Caffine
Theophylline
Dicofenac

and one use of an unknown drug that resulted in a lifetime explusion from the sport.

of course you have the usual Lasix and Bute overages

and 8 Milkshakes violations.

Thats it.

[c]biggestal

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: