Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 12:44:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MOON-DOG PASSES  (Read 2738 times)
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:51:57 PM »

Rumor is Moon-Dog passed away this mourning at Balmoral? Does anyone have details?  If this is true. God Bless his soul. Embarrassed
Report to moderator   Logged
redneck

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:06:07 PM »

Yes , it`s true but no details at this time, just overheard conversations about it at Maywood tonight.
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 02:37:11 AM »

Jim horvath discovered Moondog this morning ... He died of alcohol poison ... but they said he also had bruises like he was beat up... but they just said it was due to alcohol poisoning ..  RIP moondog ... he might of been drunk but atleast he was one of the nicest drunks i knew hehe the good wave in the morning on the way to work .. and the knod coming back from the paddock after a loooong night of racing 

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 07:34:18 AM »

Jim horvath discovered Moondog this morning ... He died of alcohol poison ... but they said he also had bruises like he was beat up... but they just said it was due to alcohol poisoning ..  RIP moondog ... he might of been drunk but atleast he was one of the nicest drunks i knew hehe the good wave in the morning on the way to work .. and the knod coming back from the paddock after a loooong night of racing 
Gee, what a shame and total shock.  That dear, dear man was such a gentleman who would never hurt a fly or threaten anyone.  His personal hygene was of the first class and when (not) invited into your private worspace, he would never do something as swine-like as leave a pile of fried chicken crumbs all over and chain smoke 2,000 cigarettes when told there was no smoking in the booth.  He respected the wishes of all the people that put him in "action" thousands of times, and again would never bite the dozens of hands that were literally feeding him.  Hmm, I wonder if Uncle Ralphie will get his McHugh Construction coat back now, the one he gave the dearly, departed Mr. Moondog out of charity ?  Awful, awful news.  First Tony leaves, and now this...shocking.  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 08:02:16 AM »

...who's gonna grab the Balmoral's waitress' goodies now  ?  Who will be a new ghost, haunting the aisleways for a smoke, food, voucher, clothing, tout, group to annoy and bother, etc. ?  It's tragedies like this when a guy's number is up, and is taken from the community way too soon that makes me never want to be involved in the sport any longer.  I had the somber duty of breaking the news to Moondog's dear, dear friend Howie at his fall base of Pocono Downs.  Upon hearing the news, Howie refused to eat the 15 remaining Buffalo wings on his plate and told his waitress he was too distraught to even consider dessert.  That's how deeply and far reaching the tragedy has affected all in the racing community.  Uncle Ralphie heard that the "Dog's" last wish was to be buried in that Mc Hugh coat he gave him years ago.  I believe it was an exchange so Ralphie could get a stable coat, but Ralphie's coat kept the Dog warm on all those stumbles to his home and all those winter days spent working outside.
Why are we constantly punished as humankind ?  Why do they take society's most productive members from us at such a young age (as in this case) ?  I'm certain the owners of Mama Lou's and Main Street will do the right thing and host the after-services luncheon.  I'm told they will already lower the flags outside their establishments to 1/2 staff, in honor of this great tragedy.  I'm just going to pray.  i don't know whether I'll use the prayer shawl and skull cap, prayer rug, or simply a rosary, but I'll be paying my respects in private reflection.  R.I.P.  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 08:03:55 AM »

...Oh, I almost forgot.  Maybe there's a slim chance the story will be untrue, just like the Angelo B. story.  Now that would be a fall blessing indeed !  TC
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 05:13:51 PM »

it is true. dog slept in the barn next to mine. when horvath found him, he came to my barn and let us all know what happened. it was a shock to find out at such a time. the rush of the ambulance, police, coroner, etc. in front of my barn was hard to ignore. i had to change my route to the track. i'll miss waves and hellos while going to and from the track every morning. RIP dog.
valleyvic

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »

Gee, what a shame and total shock.  That dear, dear man was such a gentleman who would never hurt a fly or threaten anyone.  His personal hygene was of the first class and when (not) invited into your private worspace, he would never do something as swine-like as leave a pile of fried chicken crumbs all over and chain smoke 2,000 cigarettes when told there was no smoking in the booth.  He respected the wishes of all the people that put him in "action" thousands of times, and again would never bite the dozens of hands that were literally feeding him.  Hmm, I wonder if Uncle Ralphie will get his McHugh Construction coat back now, the one he gave the dearly, departed Mr. Moondog out of charity ?  Awful, awful news.  First Tony leaves, and now this...shocking.  TC

TC, 
What could possibly possess a conservative libertarian such as yourself to post such a hubristic, sarcastic, and downright moronic post like this about a human life?  I don't know who Moondog was, but the man is dead.  Brush the chicken crumbs off, throw the 2000 butts out, apologize for being such a jerk, and stick to criticizing people not dead yet.
valleyvic

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 05:38:06 PM »

...who's gonna grab the Balmoral's waitress' goodies now  ?  Who will be a new ghost, haunting the aisleways for a smoke, food, voucher, clothing, tout, group to annoy and bother, etc. ?  It's tragedies like this when a guy's number is up, and is taken from the community way too soon that makes me never want to be involved in the sport any longer.  I had the somber duty of breaking the news to Moondog's dear, dear friend Howie at his fall base of Pocono Downs.  Upon hearing the news, Howie refused to eat the 15 remaining Buffalo wings on his plate and told his waitress he was too distraught to even consider dessert.  That's how deeply and far reaching the tragedy has affected all in the racing community.  Uncle Ralphie heard that the "Dog's" last wish was to be buried in that Mc Hugh coat he gave him years ago.  I believe it was an exchange so Ralphie could get a stable coat, but Ralphie's coat kept the Dog warm on all those stumbles to his home and all those winter days spent working outside.
Why are we constantly punished as humankind ?  Why do they take society's most productive members from us at such a young age (as in this case) ?  I'm certain the owners of Mama Lou's and Main Street will do the right thing and host the after-services luncheon.  I'm told they will already lower the flags outside their establishments to 1/2 staff, in honor of this great tragedy.  I'm just going to pray.  i don't know whether I'll use the prayer shawl and skull cap, prayer rug, or simply a rosary, but I'll be paying my respects in private reflection.  R.I.P.  TC
More supreme moments of total lunacy out of you, TC.  I find it somewhat ironic that when you started a topic on Robin, you qualified it with wishes for clean, substantiated replies.  When it comes to posts about this newly departed fellow named Moondog you spew out sarcasm and insensitivity the likes of which are uncommon among class people.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 05:50:05 PM »

Gee, I'm sorry troll #86.  If you took my heartfelt prose as sarcastic, that's YP, not MP.  The only thought I had before posting was that several of his past employers would be upset , the ones that knew the late "Dog" as well as myself.  For those of you who know nothing about specifics in my relationships with characters in racing, maybe you should think and ask questions before writing opinions on subjects you know ZERO specifics about.  JMO.  TC
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 05:55:26 PM by TC » Report to moderator   Logged
valleyvic

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 06:18:06 PM »

Gee, I'm sorry, sr. member troll.  I must have totally mistaken your sarcasm as being heartfelt remorse.  My apologies a thousand times over.  I don't know what came over me to make such a mistake.  What could I have been thinking?  Sarcasm is so often times misinterpretated.  But then again, nuances are reflected in so many different ways.  Isn't that right, my friend, TC ?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 06:20:23 PM »

Gee, I'm sorry, sr. member troll.  I must have totally mistaken your sarcasm as being heartfelt remorse.  My apologies a thousand times over.  I don't know what came over me to make such a mistake.  What could I have been thinking?  Sarcasm is so often times misinterpretated.  But then again, nuances are reflected in so many different ways.  Isn't that right, my friend, TC ?
I didn't realize we were friends.  Sorry, I'll p.m. you the sarcasm answer key and secret decoder ring shortly.  The answers to all the questions you should have asked me are in it.  Tc
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 10:55:14 PM »

TC, You Scrounge, After you have 12-dounuts you'll have a heart attack. At least MOON-DOG passed peacefully in his sleep. GOD BLESS
TC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 11:06:51 PM »

Davey Lou called and asked me if I "took him out" 'cuz he was all bruised.  I said "no, I don't date short, skinny black guys" LOL.  I felt bad for the "Dog" because dying alone and suddenly is no way to go out in this world.  I kid to hide the tears...just like Charles from Maywood when he went.  Charles was a much nicer man than Dog, I just wished he had kept his "junk" away from all my knuckleheaded, weak-willed friends.  That and he would come down from the driver's lounge hundreds of times at Spk, and never once gave me a winner, just loser after loser.  Any one else in my crew, $20 animals easy-peasy; me agita.   RIP, Moondog. Davey Lou, the Ralphies, and Big and Little "R" will miss you.  TC
valleyvic

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 11:27:48 PM »

That's better!!!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 02:13:23 AM »

Who's MOON-DOG? Was he the guy Sandra Dee was hooked on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: