Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 03:18:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illinois association decries dates schedule for 2006  (Read 2647 times)
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2005, 07:02:14 PM »

Illinois association decries dates schedule for 2006
Monday, October 31, 2005 - from the Illinois Harness Horsemen's Association

Hinsdale, IL --- The Illinois Harness Horsemen's Association has circulated the following letter, signed by the Association's president, Martin Engel:

"The Illinois Racing Board has set the harness racing dates for the year 2006, and I am extremely disappointed with the decisions they have made.

"What seems most unfair to me, are the dates that Hawthorne received. For the year 2005 they were awarded a difficult schedule, alternating days with the other tow tracks. This was difficult enough, but they also had air conditioning problems at the height of the summer. Given these two problems, they adjusted with a nice stakes schedule, live entertainment, and many promotions and giveaways. They managed to make it a highly successful meet.

"Instead of rewarding Hawthorne by extending their 2006 days, the Illinois Racing Board decided to punish them by cutting their days for 2006. I do not understand the justification for this. At the Board hearing, we fully supported the 107 days that they had asked for. In addition, I provided many reasons why it was not only in the best interests of our horsemen, but also why the fans would greatly benefit by their receiving most of the days requested.

"Unfortunately, our preference and logic was not important to the Racing Board. They, for some reason, saw things differently.

"The handling of the 2006 racing schedule clearly stresses why horsemen must be united. As of now, it appears that in the near future our industry will not be receiving any help from (the Illinois State Legislature in) Springfield. The Illinois Racing Board does not seem to make decisions that are beneficial to the horsemen.

"We are the only ones that can make a difference. We must make the right decisions and take the proper steps to insure our future. No one else is going to help us. It is our responsibility to turn this industry around.

"This is why, in terms of signing a new contract for next year, we cannot accept less than we currently have. On January 1, 2006, we all want to race. However, we cannot endorse racing unless there is a signed contract in place. My promise to you is that we will not negotiate a contract to race for less than we are racing now and we will not give away any more of our future, by signing an unacceptable contract to take effect January 1.

"To date, we have had a few meetings with management, and so far no progress has been made. Presently, we do have a signed contract for 2006 with Hawthorne, with the same provisions as the 2005 contract. There is an 80 percent deferral of recapture, with the possibility of it being waived if there is no help from Springfield."

Report to moderator   Logged
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 07:22:45 PM »

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTRRRRRRRRRIIIKKKEEEEEEEERRRRRR TIME! Angry

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM. Cry
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 07:47:39 PM »

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTRRRRRRRRRIIIKKKEEEEEEEERRRRRR TIME! Angry

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM. Cry

It's the only option.  And, somehow, Balmoral and Maywood HAVE to pay -- they can't continue to keep getting the simo money, or it will all be futile.

Is it possible for the horsemen to come together and REFUSE to race anywhere but Hawthorne during July, August, September?  At least that way we could strike out May/Bal and still get 100 and some dates...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
EasyScore

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 09:26:58 PM »

Someone, anyone, needs to take the IRB to federal court.  Their ruling don't hold water, but the solids are abundant.    Any horseman that races without recapture being waived should have their head examined.  One operative word is STRIKE. 

Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:30:19 PM »

Is it true that after a year of no live racing Balmoral and Maywood would lose their right to simulcast money?
Richard Breth

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 01:18:35 PM »

Is it true that after a year of no live racing Balmoral and Maywood would lose their right to simulcast money?

Longer than one year.

The tbred track was closed two years and didnt lose simulcast. Quad City hasnt raced live in many years. 
sn

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 01:24:45 PM »

When it comes to the I.R.B. and track owners, there are no rules!!! exept for Haw. the other owners can always have there way!!! There have been to many incidents to name but remember the 40 mile from live racing OTB rule CHANGED!! remember only track owners can open an OTB(empress and Bill McEnery) CHANGED!!! I could go on and on!!!!
Its just a joke, I urge all horsemen to cheat, lie, rob,steal and do anything you can do to track managment cause you cant win!!! and like the Mayor himself said, if you cant beat them JOIN THEM!!!
Richard Breth

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 01:30:31 PM »

When it comes to the I.R.B. and track owners, there are no rules!!!

Must be something in law. Johnstons and Tricky Dick have been trying to get OTBs took away from Sportsmans people since they have no track.
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 01:35:49 PM »

you are right sn, here some food for thought, what if the ihha reached into there coffer's and ponied up shipping money to all those who couldn't afford it and all horses went elsewhere? until, hawthorne/horsemen got  a fair shake.    
Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 01:46:53 PM »

Hey Marty

Don't try and strike because Duncan Price and a few others will oppose you and try and disrupt all the meetings.

Duncan and some others will race for $1000 purses if they have to.

You can't win if you strike. What good did it do after the last long strike. Nothing, you guys are racing for $3000 purses. The damage has been done by the IRB after they issued the 2006 dates. They can't go back now and do the dates all over again. 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 01:49:51 PM »

So ***, your basic answer is to cheat.
It figures.
Richard Breth

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 02:04:45 PM »

The law in the Racing Act seems to say 5 years. 60 days last year or average of 30 days in previous 5 years. Its confusing. The lawyers can interpet.

Part of Sec. 26

"(h) The Board may approve and license the conduct of inter-track wagering and simulcast wagering by inter-track wagering licensees and inter-track wagering location licensees subject to the following terms and conditions: (1) Any person licensed to conduct a race meeting (i) at a track where 60 or more days of racing were conducted during the immediately preceding calendar year or where over the 5 immediately preceding calendar years an average of 30 or more days of racing were conducted annually may be issued an inter-track wagering license; (ii) at a track located in a county that is bounded by the Mississippi River, which has a population of less than 150,000 according to the 1990 decennial census, and an average of at least 60 days of racing per year between 1985 and 1993 may be issued an inter-track wagering license; or (iii) at a track located in Madison County that conducted at least 100 days of live racing during the immediately preceding calendar year may be issued an inter-track wagering license, unless a lesser schedule of live racing is the result of (A) weather, unsafe track conditions, or other acts of God; (B) an agreement between the organization licensee and the associations representing the largest number of owners, trainers, jockeys, or standardbred drivers who race horses at that organization licensee's racing meeting; or (C) a finding by the Board of extraordinary circumstances and that it was in the best interest of the public and the sport to conduct fewer than 100 days of live racing. Any such person having operating control of the racing facility may also receive up to 6 inter-track wagering location licenses. In no event shall more than 6 inter-track wagering locations be established for each eligible race track, except that an eligible race track located in a county that has a population of more than 230,000 and that is bounded by the Mississippi River may establish up to 7 inter-track wagering locations. An application for said license shall be filed with the Board prior to such dates as may be fixed by the Board. With an application for an inter-track wagering location license there shall be delivered to the Board a certified check or bank draft payable to the order of the Board for an amount equal to $500. The application shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board. The application shall comply with all other rules, regulations and conditions imposed by the Board in connection therewith."
sn

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 03:18:04 PM »

Thats right!!! cheat as much as the track owners do. Just because they have political ties and can get away with it doesnt mean its not CHEATING the public and horsemen!!!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 04:19:44 PM »

Wow, it looks like Tony did not run for re-election for a reason. Marty has his hands full but I guarantee you people there will not be any strike next year. The horsemen here are so broke it will not matter. Most guys are willing to race for whatever the tracks offer so there will not be any strike. The Johnston's are just making Marty sweat a little and the contract will be signed sometime in December.

Don't you guys know that the IRB always does what is best for the horsemen? LOL. Just wait until we have the December strike meeting and watch Marc Laino show up telling the horsemen that everything will be good next year and not to strike. You can believe Marc, he is a good guy who only wants the best for the harness industry. LOL. Read my lips, NO STRIKE. LOL.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 04:25:27 PM »

... Just wait until we have the December strike meeting and watch Marc Laino show up telling the horsemen that everything will be good next year and not to strike. You can believe Marc, he is a good guy who only wants the best for the harness industry. LOL. Read my lips, NO STRIKE. LOL.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe, will Marc be making the stroking motion when he gives his speech or not ? LOL TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 04:33:01 PM »

Joe, will Marc be making the stroking motion when he gives his speech or not ? LOL TC

Timmy;

Now you know Marc and Mrs. Propes are upstanding and integral people. LOL. Remember these words; Marc will be at the December meeting if Marty does not sign a contract for 2006 stating that horsemen should never strike. It is always better to earn money and race than not to race at all. LOL. Can you actually comprehend that some horsemen actually believe this shit. LOL. When Lanino came to last years meeting I had three or four people tell me that he was lying his ass off and when the controversial questions were being asked, it was time for Marc to go. He is too important of a person to address such questions. LOL.

PS. Have you figured out that other I/P address since the other troll started posting, if you know what I mean?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Pages: [1]   Go Up