Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 07:11:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breatherlizer  (Read 4373 times)
sn

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2005, 04:28:25 PM »

EW, you wait til next summer if you want to get in the game. we'll take care of you. what we are going to do is GUARANTEE all owners their purse money!!! you see if your horse wins a purse we will GUARANTEE the owner his purse money you wont have to worry about the purse money being taken away because of no positives!!! because there wont be any, and if there was to be a slip up our owners wont suffer by having to give back the purse!!!
So get your "Claiming" cash ready EW, and start scouting some stock cause before you know it next summer will be here!!!!

I'll ask again, did you find any 97 haw. races
Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2005, 04:39:43 PM »

EW, you wait til next summer if you want to get in the game. we'll take care of you. what we are going to do is GUARANTEE all owners their purse money!!! you see if your horse wins a purse we will GUARANTEE the owner his purse money you wont have to worry about the purse money being taken away because of no positives!!! because there wont be any, and if there was to be a slip up our owners wont suffer by having to give back the purse!!!
So get your "Claiming" cash ready EW, and start scouting some stock cause before you know it next summer will be here!!!!

I'll ask again, did you find any 97 haw. races

That's a pretty soild guarantee...something that all trainers should do, IMO.

Found a tape with some 97 Haw -- going to look through it later tonight.  Don't think I have too many, but I'll look.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
sn

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2005, 04:41:53 PM »

Thats what we will do to stand behind our owners and beleive in what we do.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2005, 05:04:40 PM »

Hey ***!
Quit feeding the kid your fantasy land jibberish.
You couldn't take care of a horse on the Kiddieland merry go round.
sn

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2005, 05:08:18 PM »

Right, wait til I get this tape sent over to EW to post of you on the Chi. racing report as a guest handicapper!!!!
the only fool who's in fantasy land is you my freind talking jibberish with no facts to back it up!!

JUST GO AWAY!!!!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005, 05:11:13 PM »

That's what you'd like?Huh??
When hell freezes over!!!!!!!!!!!
njhorseman

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2005, 10:28:49 PM »

Maybe I'm a "goof," but I'd be MORE likely to get involved if there were steps being made to clean up the sport.  There's so many positives now, I'm sure potential owners get scared away -- no?

Honestly, how many "mistake" positives are there?  Come on!  Do the crime, do the time.

Best,
EW

EW:
While I agree that potential owners are scared away by the way the game is played today, supending horses for positives will just worsen that. I know it sounds contradictory, but believe me, the last thing an owner wants is to be held responsible for the trainer's actions. We have to learn to deal with the crooked trainers and put them out of the business...not punish everyone else because we can't get a handle on how to deal with the real criminals.

And, yes, "mistake" positives happen all the time, generally involving legal meds like bute . One major cause is the lack of uniformity in the rules. Look at what just happened to Erv Miller, and a few years ago to Homer Hochstetler, in Delaware. I had a horse DQ'd for Robaxin in PA because we screwed up and used the NY withdrawal time. I avoided a potential bute positive because I caught the vet giving an injection to the wrong horse. He treated the horse that was racing that night, rather than the one that was racing the next day. If I hadn't seen it, I would have raced the horse and if he had won or was specialed, we would have had a bute positive.Some of the positives occur because all horses do not metabolize meds at the same rate, and even if you follow the suggested withdrawal schedule, you still might come up positive.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2005, 11:10:37 PM »

Maybe I'm a "goof," but I'd be MORE likely to get involved if there were steps being made to clean up the sport.  There's so many positives now, I'm sure potential owners get scared away -- no?

Honestly, how many "mistake" positives are there?  Come on!  Do the crime, do the time.

Best,
EW
Start with testing all drivers because many of them are loaded come race time.
example-Don Irvine sent home many times for Drunkeness
The Meadowlands has lost my respect for letting MANY DRIVERS THERE DO DRUGS
and are not doing anything about it.
When an horse owner is in a bar around the tracks after the races and walks in the bathroom only to see the guy that drove his horse earlier that day doing lines. What do they think about the game? Not much. They could catch a driver or trainer every week doing drugs if they wanted to. But they will not clean-up this game for some reason. ALL ANYONE GETS IS A WARNING. YES 100 OF THEM.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005, 11:25:12 PM »

EW:
While I agree that potential owners are scared away by the way the game is played today, supending horses for positives will just worsen that. I know it sounds contradictory, but believe me, the last thing an owner wants is to be held responsible for the trainer's actions. We have to learn to deal with the crooked trainers and put them out of the business...not punish everyone else because we can't get a handle on how to deal with the real criminals.

And, yes, "mistake" positives happen all the time, generally involving legal meds like bute . One major cause is the lack of uniformity in the rules. Look at what just happened to Erv Miller, and a few years ago to Homer Hochstetler, in Delaware. I had a horse DQ'd for Robaxin in PA because we screwed up and used the NY withdrawal time. I avoided a potential bute positive because I caught the vet giving an injection to the wrong horse. He treated the horse that was racing that night, rather than the one that was racing the next day. If I hadn't seen it, I would have raced the horse and if he had won or was specialed, we would have had a bute positive.Some of the positives occur because all horses do not metabolize meds at the same rate, and even if you follow the suggested withdrawal schedule, you still might come up positive.

I agree with your points...the problem is: what if an owner makes a conscious choice to work with a trainer that is positive happy?  With the "beard program," they can just keep right on working...some sort of penalty like this is the only way I can find.

It wouldn't penalize the whole stable -- just the horse that had the positive.

Is there another solution?  I would like to see MUCH MUCH tougher penalties, but the horsemen would balk.

1 positive: 30
2 positive: 90
3 positive: 180
4 positive: OUT.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: