Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 09:43:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: Rant & Fairy Tale  (Read 136657 times)
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2007, 02:13:57 PM »

Earle writes:
I'm sorry you are unwilling to question authority. This sheep-like attitude is not uncommon, it's the kind of thing that enables a deluded, moronic commander-in-chief to lead his country into a disastrous voluntary war. Your "potential danger" logic sounds a lot like "pre-emptive war." I'll stick with stoner logic.

Yup.  Definitely KoS.  No need to question as long as they're keeping stoners like you off the road and stoners like PVal off the track.

I'm also taking bets on the OVER/UNDER date when we nuke Iran.  The line currently is at March 10.  Wager early, wager often.

Peace-Love-Dope,

-RSR
Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »

I'm sorry you are unwilling to question authority. This sheep-like attitude is not uncommon, it's the kind of thing that enables a deluded, moronic commander-in-chief to lead his country into a disastrous voluntary war.

You sound like an Iraqi citizen!  flag flag flag
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »

Thank you Mel, I know you patriotic Americans should admire the Iraqis since your soldiers are over there fighting for their freedom! Found those weapons of mass destruction yet?
As for you Run Sucker Run, I've never lost either my driver's license or a racing license, so what makes you think Big Brother has kept me off the road or the track?
Instead of resorting to name calling, why can't you just respond to the points in my post?
Happy racing and better watch out for P.Val!
mel4600

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »

Thank you Mel, I know you patriotic Americans should admire the Iraqis since your soldiers are over there fighting for their freedom! Found those weapons of mass destruction yet?

My soldiers? Do they not represent your country? I guess you should have told your buddy Saddam that if he had no weapons of mass destruction, to allow the U.N. Inspectors in to do their job as he agreed to in his first surrender or treaty. Had he done that he would still be in power.

Since it is Veteran's day today, I suggest you pray for all those who served this country and made it what it is today, the best country in the world.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

Mel, you can bet that if they were "my" soldiers, none of them would be in Iraq today. The fact that I was born in this country was a quirk of fate. The army reprsents me no more than the stooge in the White House does. The U.S. armed forces really belong to the U.S. ruling class, and they are pawns to the geopolitical whims of the commander-in-chief.
WMD or no, GWB was hell bent on invading and occupying Iraq. "OUR" soldiers have been paying the price ever since.
I don't believe in prayer, but I have no problem saluting those who have served this country. I do have a problem with people who think this country never does anthing wrong, though.
mel4600

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »

Mel, you can bet that if they were "my" soldiers, none of them would be in Iraq today. The fact that I was born in this country was a quirk of fate. The army reprsents me no more than the stooge in the White House does. The U.S. armed forces really belong to the U.S. ruling class, and they are pawns to the geopolitical whims of the commander-in-chief.
WMD or no, GWB was hell bent on invading and occupying Iraq. "OUR" soldiers have been paying the price ever since.
I don't believe in prayer, but I have no problem saluting those who have served this country. I do have a problem with people who think this country never does anthing wrong, though.

Your quote speaks for itself. American soldiers have always paid a huge price even for citizens like you who are defeatists.  As far a prayer goes, I suggest you search and find it. Our country has been wrong in a lot of things, however, Saddam controlled his own destiny.
NIATROSS

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »

I don't believe in prayer, but I have no problem saluting those who   have served this country. I do have a problem with people who think this country never does anthing wrong, though.

Does this quirk of fate that happened to make your birth in AMERICA still exist and stop you from leaving the country ?
The army represents every citizen in the US whether you disagree with their policies or not.
If you do not believe in prayer what do you believe in ? Evolution ?

Your comment on people who think this country never does anything wrong is very vague.Please provide some proof as to who these people are and don't be as vague with your answer as when you said " Just because it's the law does not make it right ".
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »

Does this quirk of fate that happened to make your birth in AMERICA still exist and stop you from leaving the country ?
The army represents every citizen in the US whether you disagree with their policies or not.

Leaving the country is one thing. Trying to obtain employment and a 'normal' lifestyle in a foreign country is not as easy as packing one's bags.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 03:51:30 PM »

Your comment on people who think this country never does anything wrong is very vague.Please provide some proof as to who these people are and don't be as vague with your answer as when you said " Just because it's the law does not make it right ".

I'm choosing to stay here and try to rescue this land from right-wing cavemen!
The army represents the ruling elite. That's who they take their orders from, not the citizens.
I do believe in evolution, and feel that those who believe in prayer need to evolve.
Forgive me for generalizing, Niatross. I'm sure you "God and Country" guys may occasionally think this country goes astray, although I doubt if there was ever a war we were in that you didn't think was a just and noble cause.
NIATROSS

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 05:08:08 PM »

I'm choosing to stay here and try to rescue this land from right-wing cavemen!
The army represents the ruling elite. That's who they take their orders from, not the citizens.
I do believe in evolution, and feel that those who believe in prayer need to evolve.
Forgive me for generalizing, Niatross. I'm sure you "God and Country" guys may occasionally think this country goes astray, although I doubt if there was ever a war we were in that you didn't think was a just and noble cause.

You would be wrong about my feelings about the wars we have  been involved in.I do not know to this day why we were in VIETNAM and being too young to have been drafted I am not sure what I would have done.The draft was ended before it was my time.I have an aunt who still lives in Canada and I may have ended up there.

Do I believe in GOD ? Yes I do because that is the way I was raised and still believe till this day.I choose to NOT belittle those who believe in EVOLUTION as you choose to those who believe in GOD.

The ARMED FORCES take their orders from the citizens of this county.This country has had a voluntary ARMY for a very long time
and they take their orders from the leaders the citizens have voted into office.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »

Appreciate your response. It is easy to jump to conclusions about people from something they say on here and I'll plead guilty to that. Like you I was just young enough not to have to worry about getting shipped to Viet Nam.
I just hate to see this country get run down the wrong path by its arrogant and unaccountable leaders.
I'll quit running down religion when I quit being preached to.
Let's end this damn thread and get back to horse racing!
scottie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 05:43:26 PM »

by the way, no winners for pval on sunday for zia's big stakes day,
he did get two second place finishes on the card.......

and earl is right - "it's only cheating if you get caught", heck half the trainers on the
chicago circuit live by "those" words.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »

I'll have to say this about that.  We were at our local pub for dollar hot dog night for the game.  ( I could care less about "the game" but for my husband, I'll pretend to watch.)

The place got packed and people were coming in and leaving because there was no place to sit.  Some idiot at the bar had four bar stools "saved" for over an hour?  Have any of you ever seen that?  Not me.

So we finally felt bad because we were at a table with four chairs.  All the tables have four chairs.  We motioned to a guy who was walking out that he could sit with us if he wanted.  I was hoping he would just watch the dang game!  NO.  He was with Special Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.  He admitted he has problems from all of this.  And I saw it, he did, he did.  Any fast noise, any fast motion, he freaked.  His is retired.  Know all languages, including Arabic.  He said no one has been out going to him since he moved here and he appreciated it from us.  But he couldn't quit talkling about it all.  He was in some big freaky stuff.  He is about 60.  He said he wasn't telling us anything we couldn't fine out for ourselves, and I believe him, but it was so intense, I had to leave early.

We, as USA citizens, know NOTHING.  Pretty frightening.

According to him, this post will be seen.
mel4600

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 07:46:13 AM »

He was with Special Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.  He admitted he has problems from all of this.  And I saw it, he did, he did.  Any fast noise, any fast motion, he freaked.  His is retired.  Know all languages, including Arabic.  He said no one has been out going to him since he moved here and he appreciated it from us.  But he couldn't quit talkling about it all.  He was in some big freaky stuff.  He is about 60.  He said he wasn't telling us anything we couldn't fine out for ourselves, and I believe him, but it was so intense, I had to leave early.

Pamwaggy,

I think this guy was either not being honest with you or he has mental problems. There is no way he was with Special Forces seeing heavy action in Iraq or Afghanistan and being about 60 years old today. At the very best he was a Vietnam Vet.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 08:13:36 PM »

You could be right.

He was pretty freaky. 

He was also a bigot.  My husband and I have trouble speaking to bigots and we usually extract ourselves from them.  But we both agree vets can be tolerated if they don't get to nuts on it.  They deserve some respect from what they went through.  It's tough, though to not say something. 

mel4600

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 01:44:43 PM »

Pamwaggy,

You seem to be a very compassionate person and I can tell you that if the rest of the world would look at things through your eyes, we would have no problems.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »

My soldiers? Do they not represent your country? I guess you should have told your buddy Saddam that if he had no weapons of mass destruction, to allow the U.N. Inspectors in to do their job as he agreed to in his first surrender or treaty. Had he done that he would still be in power.

Since it is Veteran's day today, I suggest you pray for all those who served this country and made it what it is today, the best country in the world.

Go to the 60 Minutes website and watch the story about "Curveball" and the intel used about WMD in Iraq.
Some people will always be sheep.
How does Bush sleep at night?
mel4600

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »

Go to the 60 Minutes website and watch the story about "Curveball" and the intel used about WMD in Iraq.
Some people will always be sheep.
How does Bush sleep at night?

I saw that piece on 60 minutes. If you won't stand behind our soldiers, I suggest you stand in front of them. I guess you believe Hitler was innocent too? http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article400177.ece

Saddam controlled his own destiny.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 03:08:27 PM »

I saw that piece on 60 minutes. If you won't stand behind our soldiers, I suggest you stand in front of them. I guess you believe Hitler was innocent too? http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article400177.ece

Saddam controlled his own destiny.

I don't stand behind our soldiers?
Bush sent our soldiers to die, not me.
Perhaps you should take issue with him and not me.
If the wool fits........
mel4600

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 03:13:27 PM »

I don't stand behind our soldiers?
Bush sent our soldiers to die, not me.
Perhaps you should take issue with him and not me.
If the wool fits........

How did Hillary vote on going to war?
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »

How did Hillary vote on going to war?

this is relevant how?
mel4600

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »

this is relevant how?

Its only relevant to people like you who want to pass blame.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »

Huh?
The one to blame is the current Commander in Chief?
mel4600

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 03:30:51 PM »

Huh?
The one to blame is the current Commander in Chief?

In case you can't remember, there was a vote to go to war.

Here are 16 more reasons why Saddam needed to be removed.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/decade/sect2.html
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »

Still defending Bush to the bitter end?
For some there is no help.
The vote to go to war was based upon lies.
Now Iraq is a playground for Al Qeuda and Iran.
You can thank your hero for that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 76   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: