Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 11:20:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NetJets Breeders’ Cup Mile Quotes  (Read 766 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: October 27, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »

NetJets Breeders’ Cup Mile Quotes

Cornelio Velasquez (jockey, Kip Deville, 1st) – “He broke very fast but I didn’t want to go to the lead, so I covered him up.  At the quarter-pole, I had a lot of horse, and when I was able to get clear, he took off. He absolutely loved (the soft going).”

Richard Dutrow Jr. (trainer, Kip Deville, 1st) – “I couldn’t be more excited. I knew he was doing very good going into this race. My only concern was him liking the track. I was under the impression that he was going to get a good trip. We just couldn’t be happier. (On decision to supplement) The owners made that decision based on how good the horse had run and how he was coming into this race. The key was for him liking the track. It looks like he did. Cornelio (Velasquez) gave him an unbelievable ride.”

John Murtagh (jockey, Excellent Art, 2nd) – “He handled the course okay. I followed Johnny Velazquez (Nobiz Like Shobiz) and I liked where I was. When we made the straight (stretch) he lugged in a little bit on me, but I got him straightened away, and he went on with his running. It was a good effort.”

Aidan O’Brien (trainer, Excellent Art, 2nd) – “He’s a good or fast ground horse.  He was drawn very badly but he ran a great race. Johnny (Murtagh) gave him a very good ride, but he was drawn outside, so he had to let the race unfold, but he was closing, closing, closing at the end. There might be a race for him in Hong Kong or Japan.”

Julien Leparoux (jockey, Cosmonaut, 3rd) – “He handled the turf okay but he may have done a little bit better if the turf were a little more firm.  He made a nice easy lead and he ran hard like he always does.”

Francois Parisel (trainer, Cosmonaut, 3rd) – “I’m very happy.  All the time, this horse runs good. I’m very pleased. I was not worried about the condition of the turf course.  We know this horse can run on anything.  He made a good run at the end to be third.

John Velazquez (jockey, Nobiz Like Shobiz, 4th) – “He broke well.  We got into good position where we were comfortable and he made a nice move from the three-eighths to the quarter-pole, but they just didn’t stop at all.  They were too tough for him.”

Barclay Tagg (trainer, Nobiz Like Shobiz, 4th) – “The jockey (J.R. Velazquez) said he didn’t handle the going. In a race like this you don’t know what you’re going to get. He’s run good on hard courses, and he’s still only three years old.”

Angel Penna Jr. (trainer, Remarkable News, 7th) – “My horse just could not get hold of this ground.”

Coral Pritchard-Gordon (representing trainer Sir Michael Stoute, Jeremy, 10th) “He took Frankie (Dettori) to the turn really well but he’s a miler and just doesn’t get home (have the stamina) on that ground.  My crew said from the beginning that he wouldn’t like that ground at all.”

###
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: