Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 04:30:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woodbine pick7 carry for Thursday  (Read 1051 times)
tonymfan

« on: October 24, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »

$45,000 carryover for Thursday evening.

http://www.theharnessedge.com/news.asp?Mode=View&Story=23297
Report to moderator   Logged
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:58:26 AM »

WoodBine / Mohawk circuit is by far the toughest to handicap for me - not that the racing isnt quality - actually I think the quality is EXCELLENT - just very tough to handicap - often find myself seeing 6 or 7 solid contenders every time I handicap a race - makes it tough for me to play a pik 7 without investing big $.....but I may still take a shot if that pot grows to 6 figures....Joe B
race track phil

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »

Joe ,      I agree Woodbine is one tough track to handicap from what I remember and that extra horse makes it real difficult to hit that pik 7 .

Good luck if you wager in that tough bet .

RTP
tonymfan

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »

Joe ,      I agree Woodbine is one tough track to handicap from what I remember and that extra horse makes it real difficult to hit that pik 7 .

RTP

I'm curious how big of carryover do posters feel it is worth chasing? Guys will play a thoroughbred P6 with big carryover even if they're harness bettors but shy away from a harness P7. At what point of carryover would you jump in to this bet? $100,000? $200,000?
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »

RTP

---------------------------------

That stretch is BRUTAL.  You can't be on the lead turning for home as you have no chance.  I've just seen finishes
the last quarter mile that leave my jaw dropped.   I think your only shot is betting trainers and drivers and hoping
for the best as far as a Pick 7 goes.   I wouldn't put more than $100 bucks in it unless it was over 200K
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 03:25:26 PM »

Trotter - i dont watch a lot of canada and maybe i have a wrong perception - but in my mind woodbine is a more speed favoring track even tho i agree its a loooong stretch as compared to mohawk which i think favors the closers more - but again i dont watch a lot from canada and maybe im dead wrong.....Joe B
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »

My threshold is a $ 100,000.

I will invest up to $ 250 on the Pic 7.

What is real discouraging for me is getting knocked out in the 1st or 2nd race.

I wish the Chicago Tracks (Balmoral) had a guaranteed Pic 6/7/8 or 9 with the track seeding the bet by $ 25,000. dollar
As the pools get bigger their is more excitement. dude
Just look at the Lottery when it gets up to $ 100,000,000. dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar
Everyone goes crazy. maroon

I think this will bring real interest in the card.  IMO

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 03:52:43 PM »

Trotter - i dont watch a lot of canada and maybe i have a wrong perception - but in my mind woodbine is a more speed favoring track even tho i agree its a loooong stretch as compared to mohawk which i think favors the closers more - but again i dont watch a lot from canada and maybe im dead wrong.....Joe B

Actually you are wrong Joe B. Woodbine has a shorter stretch

I wrote to their column "ask the expert" at standardbred canada and heres the reply I got from them

Woodbine: Length of Stretch .........................976 feet
Mohawk: Length of Stretch (last turn to wire)....1,095 feet

I hope this helps.

Jeff Renton.
njhorseman

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 03:58:14 PM »

When Mohawk was reconfigured to a 7/8ths mile track a few years ago, they put in a very broad, sweeping last turn (the track's turns are not identical), which allows horses to really gain momentum and explode off cover coming out of the turn into the stretch. This makes Mohawk much less biased toward front end speed than Woodbine, which has tighter turns.
Gb

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 04:22:33 PM »

Considering I have never won a pick 6 ticket, I am not going to be playing the pick 7 LOL
rock

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:01:27 PM »

Considering I have never won a pick 6 ticket, I am not going to be playing the pick 7 LOL

Not to worry Pezz, the show pools will be open, you can have a blast with those. beer
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 08:15:42 PM »

-------------------------------

Got it--I also think of Woodbine and Mohawk as the same but I realize they're different. 
Gb

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 11:44:18 PM »

Not to worry Pezz, the show pools will be open, you can have a blast with those. beer
LOL!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: