Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 04:59:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proud Spell  (Read 4959 times)
sawd off

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »

Indian Blessing barely won last on a speed favoring track at Santa Anita, not knocking her but it leads me to believe her do minace will come to an end soon.

Ex,

You are right. Proud Spell is a super nice filly.
Check the PP's she won her last at the Fairgrounds and was laboring at the end in the Silverbullet day. (FYI)
Report to moderator   Logged
The Commander

If you come at the King. You best not miss.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »

Check the PP's she won her last at the Fairgrounds and was laboring at the end in the Silverbullet day. (FYI)

FYI.

That comment was posted before the silverbulletday. Check the PP's.
edwarren

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 05:10:01 AM »

Proud Spell vs. Indian Blessing.

Who will win?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:12:37 AM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
The Commander

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »

Proud Spell vs. Indian Blessing.

Who will win?

I asked this question days  ago and nobody replied.

It sounds like Proud Spell will stay a little closer to Indian Blessing so she does not have so much ground to make up in the end. The question is if that will wear her down. I'm not sure so I'm using both in the all stakes pick 4 and pick 5. Either way, it looks to be chalky day at FG.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »

Lets see if the little extra Heat Proud Spell gives Indian Blessing makes a difference.
As I said before If Proud Spell is able to beat Indian Blessing this is the race to do it.

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
edwarren

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »

what sort of odds can I get on IB straight?

Anyone?
Horse Voice

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »

Today wasn't necessarily about winning for her. The connections know what she can do, and ever since the BC, it's been all about the Oaks for her, not an allowance race in February.

The question becomes, did she get enough out of today's race (which includes the almost 1/2 extra furlong she ran  Wink ), or does she need another before May 2? When I find out, I'll post.

Backseat Rhythm came out of that allowance race just fine. The connections have decided to run her in The Bonnie Miss on Florida Derby day. They also retained a piece of Big Brown, who looked great crushing a "nobody" allowance field this week by open lengths.

A live Derby prospect and a live Oaks prospect -- must be nice!
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 02:55:05 AM »

what sort of odds can I get on IB straight?

Anyone?

I will give ya a 12 pack to a six pack bet.
I cant get anyone to bet on here..I want St Paulies Girl as my 6 pack.
Name your 12 pack as long as its under 20 bucks..
 I will meet ya at Hawthorne to drop off the bet if i lose.

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
edwarren

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 08:08:39 AM »

That's understandable, It's a weird bet, though I'd take 2/1.

The last guy I knew make a bet like that didn't make the girlfriends mortgage like he promised and then got kilt in a motorcycle accident

so I'm superstitious.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 08:12:25 AM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 09:01:36 AM »

That's understandable, It's a weird bet, though I'd take 2/1.

The last guy I knew make a bet like that didn't make the girlfriends mortgage like he promised and then got kilt in a motorcycle accident

so I'm superstitious.

I'm with you, Ed. Besides, my wife says I can't have a motorcycle.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

WOW!
Very cool that NO ONE responds to what I said..Proud Spell wins!!! Had 50 on her to win..Read up folks also look at the dates that I posted my comments..I think John Franks Might be right.Folks not so bright here.
I will never ask for a partner on here or never Give advice on betting or breeding again.
I have called every thing with this filly from day one of this post,
Actually I have said many things on here that have come thru.
Im tired of begging folks to believe in what I said.
Last post from me on here.
See ya all good night and good racing.

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
Horse Voice

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 12:35:04 PM »

Backseat Rhythm came out of that allowance race just fine. The connections have decided to run her in The Bonnie Miss on Florida Derby day. They also retained a piece of Big Brown, who looked great crushing a "nobody" allowance field this week by open lengths.

A live Derby prospect and a live Oaks prospect -- must be nice!

Backseat Rhythm is the second choice in the Bonnie Miss (Gulfstream Race 9 on Saturday, 3/29) at 3-1. She's kicking down the barn walls, according to the connections.

Uncoupled entry Classy Concern is 15-1 on the morning line, but is only here as a rabbit for Backseat Rhythm.

We'll see what she's made of on Saturday.
The Commander

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 12:22:45 AM »

Backseat Rhythm is the second choice in the Bonnie Miss (Gulfstream Race 9 on Saturday, 3/29) at 3-1. She's kicking down the barn walls, according to the connections.

Uncoupled entry Classy Concern is 15-1 on the morning line, but is only here as a rabbit for Backseat Rhythm.

We'll see what she's made of on Saturday.

The connections are super confident.
Horse Voice

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »

Backseat Rhythm...We'll see what she's made of on Saturday.

She sure wasn't much today. Looked to me like Castellano kept asking and scrubbing on her, and she just wouldn't run.

I'll know more later, but at his point, I've got an Oaks futures bet for sale, at half-price. Very disappointing.
Horse Voice

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »

deleted...duplicate
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:04:54 PM by Horse Voice » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008, 06:42:19 PM »

deleted...duplicate
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:05:16 PM by Horse Voice » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 09:09:56 PM »

The story on Backseat Rhythm is that she was ovulating Saturday.

I've had it with this trainer Patrick Reynolds -- this would seem to be something pretty basic to watch out for, as a t-bred will not have his or her mind on racing if their body is telling them that it is time to mate. She should have been scratched.

I've already passed the word back that it might be better to have a more professional trainer, like Dutrow, handle this horse. The problem is that the connections are friends with Reynolds, and as you might imagine, it can be difficult to tell a friend that he can't cut it with your horse and you are changing trainers.
The Commander

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 10:18:14 PM »

The story on Backseat Rhythm is that she was ovulating Saturday.

I've had it with this trainer Patrick Reynolds -- this would seem to be something pretty basic to watch out for, as a t-bred will not have his or her mind on racing if their body is telling them that it is time to mate. She should have been scratched.

I've already passed the word back that it might be better to have a more professional trainer, like Dutrow, handle this horse. The problem is that the connections are friends with Reynolds, and as you might imagine, it can be difficult to tell a friend that he can't cut it with your horse and you are changing trainers.

Reynolds was interviewed on HRTV Thursday night and all but guaranteed this horse would dominate so I was very surprised she was not more competitive.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:51:31 PM by The Commander » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 06:42:08 AM »

Reynolds was interviewed on HRTV Thursday night and all but guaranteed this horse would dominate so I was very surprised she was not more competitive.

I saw that too. When I saw her race, I went into a panic: was she in distress? Was she about to break down?

Female horses are no different than female humans -- their basal temperature increases as ovulation nears. There are other confirming things to look for that I won't go into here.

That she was allowed to run "hot" tells me that the barn didn't even do the most basic things for her on the morning of the race, like take her temperature. Reynolds & Co. have to go -- they are BLOWING a huge chance with a very nice filly.
edwarren

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »

Thanks for the info.

given their biology is it a good idea to overlook betting the filly and mare contests in the spring, I mean, in favor of the males, all things being equal?

2) at what age do mares stop ovulating, or do they?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:27:20 AM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

Exbourne!  Don't be going away from here.  People just get caught up in their own stuff and sometimes don't answer right away.

I've seen all your posts about Proud Spell and watched and wagered accordingly.  Keep it up!
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2008, 11:05:33 PM »

Well..
Number one wags..Ya are very cool.Thanx for being cool... thumbs up
As for Proud Spell Here is the Thing 1st time polytrakkin....The Frankel Filly That everyone was "" Lovin Like They were lovin the Lord" Run Behind Spell Off The layoff..
So That being said alone says Spell has danced all the dances and even though has not won em all is at least after the wire Is still standing.
Indian Blessing.Done.! We can Only hope we will see her in the fall.
My Thing and I might be wrong as everyone knows is Im not very sharp is Spell looked a bit uncomfortable on the head on.Head turned to the rail and ya can draw your own tale here..Was she pushed toward the grandstand or was she a bit sore??
See ya all at the Oaks.

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
The Commander

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2008, 01:09:09 AM »

I like Proud Spell on the dirt in The Oaks.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 11:03:18 PM »

In hand!!!
 horse
 beer
She is super!!
Jones is better..
Scares me he sent the supposed better filly in the derby..Owners choice I think...
Taggs horse inside might be worth a Show bet..That is all

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
The Commander

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »

Proud Spell is being sent to Larry Jones from Kentucky sometime during the next few days to resume training.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: