Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 06:49:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Daily Debate Question for Thursday, January 12th  (Read 2247 times)
John Doe

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »

Here we go...Today's question should receive both positive and negative posts. Good luck and let's hear from everyone on this.

Today's question is:

Should the I.R.B. implement tougher rules (fines/suspensions) for drug violators (positive tests)?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)
Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Zulu

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:13:21 AM »

JD

Not necessarily tougher but more consistant , it seems it is not what you know but who you know that regulates our industry.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 09:11:25 AM »

Another great question.

Yes they should.
Racing jurisdictions should get  uniform rules, suspension etc;
The racetracks need to tell the fan more than the two sentences publishe on a bulletin board.
The fans deserve better.
off stride

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 09:34:41 AM »

i have used performance enhacing drugs .. try mixing ..

with
and you get
yours truly rafael, and no, i dont think there should be any penalties for using performance enhancing drugs
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 10:04:42 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
FIRST UP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »

Yes they should enforce stricter rules on positives. But the rules need to be the same for everyone. When you get a positive you should not be allowed to play the paper trainer game. Everyone, including the public can read between the lines of horses transferring from bernardi to hansen, ken rucker to catrina, mike arnold to jill arnold,joe anderson to ryan and back etc. If these trainers realized that if they get caught their stable is not allowed to enter, regardless who is willing to put their name down as trainer, they might be a little more careful when they are measuring the amount of baking soda Wink or gout medication Roll Eyes
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 10:17:42 AM »

It does NOT mttyer If the IRB implements tougher fines and suspensions if they are not handed out Equally and Fairly to ALL.
  ALL being the key word.
Careyscardshark

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 11:05:18 AM »

What they need to start doing is fining the trainers and owners, and now for the most important part suspending THE HORSE.  I realize it may not be the owner's fault all the time and it may seem unfair to suspend the horse, but if you really want to start seeing a change in using illegal drugs, then the horse needs to be suspended.  You can't get around a suspended horse like you can a suspended trainer by listing a different name.
Richard Breth

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 11:26:47 AM »

It does NOT mttyer If the IRB implements tougher fines and suspensions if they are not handed out Equally and Fairly to ALL. ALL being the key word.

Part of ALL problem = perception. My opinion. Some horseman can afford to appeal to court others cant. IRB could hand same penalty to every one. If 1/2 go to court thats 1/2 delayed looks like nothing is happeneing like Rucker. People forget about them even if there finaly stuck months later. Maybe later 1/2 the appeal total is thrown out for some reason technicalitys or merit it looks like thay "got off" to casual observer.

Dont think tougher penaltys would make much difference.
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 11:37:34 AM »

What they need to start doing is fining the trainers and owners, and now for the most important part suspending THE HORSE.  I realize it may not be the owner's fault all the time and it may seem unfair to suspend the horse, but if you really want to start seeing a change in using illegal drugs, then the horse needs to be suspended.  You can't get around a suspended horse like you can a suspended trainer by listing a different name.

Suspend the horse and then send him or her to drug rehab. So that when he or she completes the program they get right back on drugs.
Ironworks

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 11:57:36 AM »

"Suspend the horse and then send him or her to drug rehab. So that when he or she completes the program they get right back on drugs."

Suspending the horse is actually an excellent idea.  Take away the revenue source and it will get people's attention. 
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 11:58:47 AM »

Joe another great topic!

IMO-- There shouldn't be testing for anything!!!

THE ONES WHO WILL CHEAT WILL ALWAYS BE CHEATERS AND THE ONES WHO ARE HONEST MORE THAN LIKELY WILL ALWAYS BE HONEST.

Instead of spending all that money on testing for illegally drugs,paying idiots at the irb and handing out stays to certain horsemen.-- why not take the money and invest it in a  120 stall security barn with camera's in each stall. All horses  must be in 23 hrs out from post time.  If you get caught hitting a horse then YOU GET  life!!! that would certainly end the contamination theory. And as far as I know there is not a 23hr pre race available that drops a horse 4 seconds off his life time best.

Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 12:00:48 PM »

While we're on the subject of positives. I'm now hearing that Robin got a positive. Has anyone heard anything about this? Now, I'm not starting rumors I'm just telling you what a guy from Chicago told another person who bets Chicago harness racing at the Palms.

If anyone heard anything please inform us even though positives don't mean jack shit these days.
Richard Breth

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 12:07:27 PM »

While we're on the subject of positives. I'm now hearing that Robin got a positive. Has anyone heard anything about this? Now, I'm not starting rumors I'm just telling you what a guy from Chicago told another person who bets Chicago harness racing at the Palms.

If anyone heard anything please inform us even though positives don't mean jack shit these days.

Especialy when people spread rumors about only "a positive" not a positive for what. Tell us what this positive was for. Dont keep us in suspense. Dont keep Robins reputation in suspense. Something big? Bute overage? What.
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 12:19:12 PM »

Especialy when people spread rumors about only "a positive" not a positive for what. Tell us what this positive was for. Dont keep us in suspense. Dont keep Robins reputation in suspense. Something big? Bute overage? What.

Larry Breth

I have no idea what the positive (if she does have one) is for. I'm 1980 miles away from Chicago. All I'm reporting is that a person from Chicago told another guy who bets Chicago harness racing at the Palms that he heard Robin had a positive. I'm simply asking if anyone in CHICAGO has heard anything about her having a positive? I was also told over a week ago from a person in Chicago that Darcy has 15 Gout positives but I have not heard from anyone if this is also true. It could be a rumor started by some trainer in Chicago or it could be true but they are not saying anything until the IRB completes their investigation on Ruckers case.

Do you get where I'm coming from now Larry Breth? I'm just asking if anyone heard what I was told?

race track phil

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 12:40:17 PM »

Joe another great topic!

IMO-- There shouldn't be testing for anything!!!

THE ONES WHO WILL CHEAT WILL ALWAYS BE CHEATERS AND THE ONES WHO ARE HONEST MORE THAN LIKELY WILL ALWAYS BE HONEST.

Instead of spending all that money on testing for illegally drugs,paying idiots at the irb and handing out stays to certain horsemen.-- why not take the money and invest it in a  120 stall security barn with camera's in each stall. All horses  must be in 23 hrs out from post time.  If you get caught hitting a horse then YOU GET  life!!! that would certainly end the contamination theory. And as far as I know there is not a 23hr pre race available that drops a horse 4 seconds off his life time best.

I agree with you !  how can you suspend the horse ! some owners will definetly get out of the business then . maybe the stewards or racing board should advise the owner to find another trainer . why should the owner get penalized because the trainer cheats . most owners dont have a clue what the trainers doing ! there has to be a better solution to the problem than suspending the horse . anyways that will never happen .    RTP
Richard Breth

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 12:46:59 PM »

Do you get where I'm coming from now Larry Breth?

The name is Richard.

Yes. I get you are a rumor spreader. When you were training back in the day. What did you think of people who spread rumors about you or your brother or freinds? Bet you thought they were big axxholes didnt you.
Zulu

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 02:25:10 PM »

I see some of her (Schadt) horses are entered up in Canada under Nat Varty
Careyscardshark

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 03:24:25 PM »

They are always under Nat Varty in Canada.
darth vader

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »

ANYONE WHO CHEATS SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE  GET TOUGH AND STAY TOUGH THAT IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM .  WE ALL KNOW THAT WON'T HAPPEN SO AT LEAST START POSTING THE NAMES OFF ALL WHO HAVE BEEN CAUGHT ON THE FRONT OF THE PROGRAMS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: