Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 03:34:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG M TONIGHT!!!!  (Read 1390 times)
Petro

« on: January 11, 2006, 03:46:25 PM »

ANY PICKS???
Report to moderator   Logged
chooch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 04:19:53 PM »

petro legacy in the 10th
Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »

In the first im goin with the 1. My g'pa bred him so i gotta be partial to him. Ive seen him throughout his life but i really doubt he wins in this one. If they have him right he could be close but probably needs another tightener and then watch out. He was a nice horse when he left IL.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 05:16:43 PM »

How about my man "Homer"? He's going to give it a little go tonight at the Big M.

Watch out John because " Hom's " may get a taste of the Big M. and may not want to return to that dump Balmoral Park. I think it's time for Homer to take the step up anyway's. He could be one of the kingpin's with trotters out east. 
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »

I looked at the card and I saw to many shippers. Undecided Undecided Undecided
This makes me nervous and  Sad Sad Sad and I pass many of these races.

Therefore I wait for better races and opportunities. Grin Grin Grin

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 05:51:31 PM »

I looked at the card and I saw to many shippers. Undecided Undecided Undecided
This makes me nervous and  Sad Sad Sad and I pass many of these races.

Therefore I wait for better races and opportunities. Grin Grin Grin

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

LOVE IT!!!! That's when I get my price's.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 05:54:15 PM »

LOVE IT!!!! That's when I get my price's.

Completely agreed.

Get out those variant charts, and study those B track replays.  Series time is value time at the Big M.

Also -- look at the charts from series past to see which tracks, stables, owners have had good luck shipping in before.

At the same time -- I do generally bet lightly, because there is quite a bit of uncertainty.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 06:03:57 PM »

Completely agreed.

Get out those variant charts, and study those B track replays.  Series time is value time at the Big M.

Also -- look at the charts from series past to see which tracks, stables, owners have had good luck shipping in before.

At the same time -- I do generally bet lightly, because there is quite a bit of uncertainty.

Best,
EW

You do all that Edward if that is what works for you. I'll use my system that I developed that gives me many winners and big gimmick payouts. That's why I don't have to bust my ass training horses 12 hrs a day anymore or go to some boring ass job everyday of my life like Interested Observer has to do so he can live like a bustout.

25 minutes to post and the action starts. Time to call in my pick 3's and ex. and tri's for the first.   
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 06:04:18 PM »

Okay Dan and Ed:

The question for me do I spend the hour handicapping the races? Huh Huh Huh

Let's see how good I am? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Or is the Big M going to bust me in the chops. Sad Sad Sad

Once I finish the card, I will post my selections before the race goes off.

I love those Pic 3s. Grin Grin Grin

Kenneth J. Chadwick

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:10:30 PM by Kenneth J. Chadwick » Report to moderator   Logged

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
off stride

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 06:18:12 PM »

1st race... all in on 'lone star hall'..  2/6 7 10..
2nd race box 1 3 5 7
3rd race.. box 1 3 7 8
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 07:05:21 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 06:20:47 PM »

Okay Dan and Ed:

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Chad

You don't need to post your picks and impress me just like I don't need to post mine and impress you. I hope you and everyone else makes money. I'm not like some guys who want to see everyone lose but them. And, my friend there are alot of those types out there.

I took one night last month or so and put all my picks and bets for Balmoral before each race. I started out down $400 and came back for a $700 profit I believe. I don't need to prove or impress anyone with my capping. Besides, if I put all my picks up and tell people what I'm betting before the race I'll still have people like Interested Observer call me a liar.

So, good luck to all and I hope everyone makes money with their own way of capping the races.  
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »

You do all that Edward if that is what works for you. I'll use my system that I developed that gives me many winners and big gimmick payouts. That's why I don't have to bust my ass training horses 12 hrs a day anymore or go to some boring ass job everyday of my life like Interested Observer has to do so he can live like a bustout.

25 minutes to post and the action starts. Time to call in my pick 3's and ex. and tri's for the first.   

That sounds excellent to me, Dan.  It's all about comfort, and what works with your own way of thinking.  Personally, that's why I think
"systems" don't really work...it's important that YOU fully understand what you are doing, not someone who wrote a book.  At the same time, however, we can all learn from ANALYSIS.  Just my opinion.

One question though -- how do you live betting exactas so far from the bell?  I know that many of my edges come from overlays recognized by watching the board?  Is there a certain way that you attempt to stay out of under-valued combinations?

Best,
EW

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 06:48:49 PM »

Okay Dan and Ed:

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Kenneth,

Personally, I think the Big M is a pretty tough track to play without a pretty good knowledge of the players, and especially if you haven't watched replays.  With the high level of competition, trip really breaks the bank.

One suggestion, especially if you are frugal with your betting handle: instead of betting several P3s, put the handle into a well-capped P4 ticket.  With that juicy 15% take, I think it's possibly the best bet in racing -- not just harness.

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »

That sounds excellent to me, Dan.  It's all about comfort, and what works with your own way of thinking.  Personally, that's why I think
"systems" don't really work...it's important that YOU fully understand what you are doing, not someone who wrote a book.  At the same time, however, we can all learn from ANALYSIS.  Just my opinion.

One question though -- how do you live betting exactas so far from the bell?  I know that many of my edges come from overlays recognized by watching the board?  Is there a certain way that you attempt to stay out of under-valued combinations?

Best,
EW

First of all, I call it my system because I came up with what I do not because I read some stupid book or I listen to other cappers. LONG years of hard work is what took me to my own system on RATING horses. I rate horses is what I do. So, call it a system or call it what you want. Your question, I know what I'm betting 15 minutes before the race. I don't let odds influence me.

Just to let you know I hit the 1st pick 3 and the last pick 3 and I still have the next race rolling. I need the 1-8-9 in the 5th. I LOVED the 7 in the 3rd race to win and liked Ledford's horse to. A good night so far.   
Believeabilly

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 09:38:10 PM »

Yeah I hit all those hard too so what? You don't see me bragging on here about it.
Dan Nance

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »

Yeah I hit all those hard too so what? You don't see me bragging on here about it.

The only thing you hit is the button that whiched you from Ruckerfan to Believeablily. Get lost you are now on IGNORE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: