Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 21, 2014, 05:11:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track Caller  (Read 1656 times)
Believeabilly

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:43:19 PM »

Does anyone like this track caller at Balmaral? Horseman really miss Erlick.
Report to moderator   Logged
twinkiethekid

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:36:27 AM »

YEAH I MISS ERLICK THE EARACHE ALLRIGHT-LIKE I MISS GETTING A SCREWDRIVER RAMMED UP MY ASS. SCOTT EARLICK ANNOUNCES RACES LIKE THE POTATO FARMER MASHES POTATOES-----LIKE SHIT!!!! NOW GO GET LOST LITTLE POTATOE FARMIN FOOL DENNIS B. SCOTT ERLICK IS A NO COUNT A---HOLE AND THE JOHNSONS FIRED HIM!!!
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:32:31 PM »

I just love the TOTALLY MISINFORMED MORONS in this forum. Ehrlich was not fired
by the Johnstons, he left on his own, for a better offer at Cal-Expo------PERIOD

In the future twinkle toes, at least have a clue? of what you are talking about instead
of just making ***hole remarks Angry Angry Angry Angry
twinkiethekid

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »

OKAY SCOTT ERLICK SUCKHOLE. YOU MUST BE THAT FAT ASS BIG AL LORENZ WHO IS THE BIGGEST BUSTOUT LOSER IN CHITOWN OR THE ASS LICKER MIKE ANTONAIDES. NOBODY ELSE WOULD STICK UP FOR THAT ***hole EARLICK. HEY SUCK HOLE, WHY DONT YOU CHECK  WITH JIM HANNON BECAUSE HE TOLD ME ERLICK WAS NOT GOING TO BE THE ANNOUNCER IN 2006 AT BALMORAL AND THEY WERE LETTINGH HIM GO. NOW SHOVE A PICKLE UP YOUR ASS YOU FAT DOUGHBOY!!!
darth vader

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 06:46:32 PM »

Dominic  really isn't bad ....he  sucks  a horse can break and just maybe half way through the race he will see it and make a call of break the 3 which is stupid i guess he can't say off stride  and when he says  a  horse is flying down the lane  when in fact the horse is usually has flattened out by that time and just maybe if your lucky he just might call the right name off a horse once in a while. other ten that he might be an average track  announcer
Armonsol

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »

Dominic  really isn't bad ....he  sucks  a horse can break and just maybe half way through the race he will see it and make a call of break the 3 which is stupid i guess he can't say off stride  and when he says  a  horse is flying down the lane  when in fact the horse is usually has flattened out by that time and just maybe if your lucky he just might call the right name off a horse once in a while. other ten that he might be an average track  announcer
They get what they pay for, very little.
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 06:03:02 AM »

He's been complemented by some knowledgable horsre people as very good. Darth vader keeps refering to the same race over and over again. Nobody out there can run through a field as fast or as accurate as he does. He has flare and his annunciations of horses names and drivers names are enjoyable to hear. Scott had no polish no finesse he was flat. No personality in his calls just like he is in life. Just a slug. And all of his fans are exactly the same way. From Antonaides to that bustout Al and all of his degenrate buddysj. Dominic is very good. A ton more enjoyable to listen to then Galassi, Mazzone, Kelley, Erdick. Just my Opinion on it. Anywhoo he'll be gone in April. And then another announcer will rise from the ashes to claim the crown of Chicago Announcer.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 06:36:37 AM »

He's been complemented by some knowledgable horsre people as very good. Darth vader keeps refering to the same race over and over again. Nobody out there can run through a field as fast or as accurate as he does. He has flare and his annunciations of horses names and drivers names are enjoyable to hear. Scott had no polish no finesse he was flat. No personality in his calls just like he is in life. Just a slug. And all of his fans are exactly the same way. From Antonaides to that bustout Al and all of his degenrate buddysj. Dominic is very good. A ton more enjoyable to listen to then Galassi, Mazzone, Kelley, Erdick. Just my Opinion on it. Anywhoo he'll be gone in April. And then another announcer will rise from the ashes to claim the crown of Chicago Announcer.

I think we've been pretty lucky in years past here in Chicago.  Scott, Dom, Gil, Tony, Phil, Dooley, etc.

All things considered, it's a very tough job, and they should be appreciated no matter what.  There's definitely some better and some worse, but either way, it's a tough thing to do.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 07:08:22 AM »

Potrasalve, I hope the Johnstons realize the talent they have in Dominic and decide to open the checkbook up to him and at least pay him enough to stay in April. Your right, he is very good and is getting better with each and every call. God only knows what is in line to replace him. Edward, I think your our only hope to fill Dominics shoes. Wouldn't it be cool if Edward got the Chicago announcing job? Like I say I would miss Dominic horribly, but I would be happy for Edward nonetheless. Johnstons, either keep Dom or hire EdwardWilliam!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

Potrasalve, I hope the Johnstons realize the talent they have in Dominic and decide to open the checkbook up to him and at least pay him enough to stay in April. Your right, he is very good and is getting better with each and every call. God only knows what is in line to replace him. Edward, I think your our only hope to fill Dominics shoes. Wouldn't it be cool if Edward got the Chicago announcing job? Like I say I would miss Dominic horribly, but I would be happy for Edward nonetheless. Johnstons, either keep Dom or hire EdwardWilliam!

I appreciate the kind words, Stan.  But, in reality, with my limited experience, I couldn't even fill Dom's left shoe.

I also hope that they open up the checkbook, otherwise, the options are quite limited.  Although, TK started to get pretty solid towards the end of the road -- so I definitely wouldn't object to that.

Best,
EW

Believeabilly

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 04:22:02 PM »

The horsemen really miss Erlick. I heard he is goin to be announcing at the Medowlands sometime this month its obvious one of these days Erlick will be announcing at the mecca of harness racing. Chicago needs to find somone like Erlick to announce. The guy we have now sounds too muck like the guy from Northvill maybe he can be the up and coming star of Balmaral.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 04:56:19 PM »

I appreciate the kind words, Stan.  But, in reality, with my limited experience, I couldn't even fill Dom's left shoe.

I also hope that they open up the checkbook, otherwise, the options are quite limited.  Although, TK started to get pretty solid towards the end of the road -- so I definitely wouldn't object to that.

Best,
EW
EW, if ALL the track owners weren't so penurious, we'd have Vic Stauffer and Curt Becker still plying their trade here.  As Jack E. Lee said..."you can forget about the rest".  TC
Believeabilly

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 05:10:57 PM »

Erlick told me they hired Policho because they were too cheap to hire someone else. Not a day goes by on teh backstretch at Balamaral where we get around and talk about how its not the same without Erlick calling the races. Shame on the Johnston for not keeping him. I heard maybe he will comeback in Apil when Policho goes back to where he belongs, Indana Downs where nobody can here him except the 20 people that show up there for live racin.  
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 05:29:44 PM »

Erlick told me they hired Policho because they were too cheap to hire someone else. Not a day goes by on teh backstretch at Balamaral where we get around and talk about how its not the same without Erlick calling the races. Shame on the Johnston for not keeping him. I heard maybe he will comeback in Apil when Policho goes back to where he belongs, Indana Downs where nobody can here him except the 20 people that show up there for live racin.  

You have some signals crossed.

In my opinion, the main issue Dominic would face is this: he can work in a bigger "limelight" in his home, Chicago...OR...he can work at a wonderful plant, where he calls not only harness BUT ALSO flats, and were management surely treats him better -- and most likely, pays him more.

I'm sure it's a tough decision for Dom, just like it was tough for Scott.  Either way, Dom is a GREAT guy, and an announcer getting better by the day.  I just hope he gets compensated fairly for his time and efforts.

And note: I would say it's Dom, not management, that holds the cards.  I would be careful to say "they only hired Dom because they were too cheap to hire someone else" -- more like "they were lucky enough that Dom was willing to work for what they offered."

Best,
EW

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: