Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 01:21:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: qualifiers  (Read 750 times)
justpacinby

« on: January 10, 2006, 11:14:44 PM »

Does anyone know the answer to this?  If a horse qualifies once but is entered for another qualifier and does not qualify due to breaking, can the horse be entered to race or does the horse have to requalify? Huh
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 11:25:17 PM »

Does anyone know the answer to this?  If a horse qualifies once but is entered for another qualifier and does not qualify due to breaking, can the horse be entered to race or does the horse have to requalify? Huh

Must qualify again. But, then again these days they are so hard up for horses Doc would probably take the entry.

What they should start doing is just throw the horses in the box without a qualifier just like the t-breds do. It's all a comedy show show now anyway. 
justpacinby

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:28:56 PM »

what is really the point of making a horse that has been racing, requalify if they put the horse on lasix?  I think that is really stupid.  I mean the horse is already racing and just because the horse bled does not mean it won't be competitive on lasix.  It will be more competitive because more than likely it will race better.
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 11:35:07 PM »

what is really the point of making a horse that has been racing, requalify if they put the horse on lasix?  I think that is really stupid.  I mean the horse is already racing and just because the horse bled does not mean it won't be competitive on lasix.  It will be more competitive because more than likely it will race better.

It's because you have idiots down at the IRB who know nothing about horse racing. Some dumb ass made up the rule and that's the way it is in Chicago. Then they say it's first time lasix when it's really not because the horse got lasix in the qualifier. 
Armonsol

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 11:37:28 PM »

What they should start doing is just throw the horses in the box without a qualifier just like the t-breds do. It's all a comedy show show now anyway. 

New security barn for BMP entrants.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 11:58:39 PM »

It varies by State, I believe.  I know I've seen horses in Chicago break in a second Q and race the following week.

The rule at the Big M: Horses making a break coming off a qualifying race must qualify with the exception of those that were not required to qualify. Horses making a break but finishing first or second may be exempt. The judges may require a horse to qualify at their discretion.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Elsie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 12:19:16 AM »

EW is correct.  It is up to each state racing commission. 
Below is the Indiana rule for Qualifying Races.  Item #8 addresses your concern.

A complete listing of all their rules can be found at www.state.in.us/ihrc

71 IAC 7-1-28 Qualifying Races
Authority:  IC 4-31-3-9
Affected:  IC 4-31

Sec. 28  Declarations for qualifying races shall be governed by the following:

(1)     A horse that has not raced previously at the gait chosen must go a qualifying race under the supervision of the judges and acquire at least one (1) charted line within the qualifying standards of the track.
(2)     A horses that does not show a charted line within its last six (6) starts must go a qualifying race within the time standards of the track.
(3)     A horse not meeting qualifying standards in its last two (2) consecutive starts on a good or fast track must qualify.
(4)     Horses racing with or without pacing or trotting hopples for the first time must qualify.
(5)     When a horse is used for the sole purpose of qualifying a driver, that horse must go in qualifying time or be placed on the list to re-qualify, and the race must be charted.
(6)     If a horse takes a win record in a qualifying race, the record must be prefaced with a "Q".  The record will not be considered official unless the horse is post race tested (urine and blood).
(7)     The judges may permit free-for-all or invitational class horses to go a timed workout consistent with the time it will race in competition in place of a qualifying race.
(8 )   If a qualified horse is entered into a qualifier, that qualifier will not be considered if the horse fails to qualify.  Only one such failed qualifier will be permitted. (Indiana Horse Racing Commission; 71 IAC 7-1-28; emergency rule filed Feb. 10, 2003.)

Elsie

Look for my picture on many fine Borden products!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: