Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 11:54:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamers the movie  (Read 1693 times)
BIG FAN

« on: October 30, 2005, 06:10:40 AM »

I know its about a tbred but it was a great movie.If you have not seen this picture its worth going to see!!! Wink
Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 09:07:46 AM »

...and to think that Dakota Fanning has more talent (in her profession) at age 11 than goofs like Pat Berry, Ross Leonard, and others do by age 30.  Amazing...and a movie is comprised of staged scenes...just like 8 of 12 races per evening at Crimoral.  Since no one can get within 100 yards of Penny's mangy dogs, I guess the "blocking and staging" takes place in either the driver's room or right under the braindead noses of the stewards, track security, and others in the dungeon-paddock.  Brazen thievery if you ask me !  TC
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 11:25:20 AM »

Come of the movie was filmed at Evangeline Downs last year-the old EVD
TC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 11:33:18 AM »

Come of the movie was filmed at Evangeline Downs last year-the old EVD
Did Sly Carmouche emerge from the LA fog and win by 10 after hiding and avoiding the first lap around - LOL.  Evd = CRADLE OF CRIMINALS.  TC
race track phil

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 11:43:22 AM »

Did Sly Carmouche emerge from the LA fog and win by 10 after hiding and avoiding the first lap around - LOL.  Evd = CRADLE OF CRIMINALS.  TC
           very good T C   I thought I was the only one that remembered sly's all time move . imagine the balls he had to do that and the creative thinking . I often wondered at old washington park if a couple drivers ever tried to do something in that fog years ago . some nights you could'nt see the horses down the stretch . you never know !          RTP
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 12:52:40 PM »

RTP, ole' S.C. would have made a good fit for Lost in the Fog, huh ?  LOL TC
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 12:30:41 AM »

We're in San Francisco attending a convention and had a few hours to kill on Thursday afternoon.   Took in the movie 'Dreamer' with Dakota Fanning and Kurt Russell as referenced.   We really enjoyed it and were comparing it to Seabiscut. the movie of a few years ago.   Really like this one better.   We also commented that now that the t-breds have been featured in a couple of box office hits, it really would be nice to see a flick about harness racing.   So many great stories to tell.
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 12:33:29 AM »

im waiting for a serious come back to that last post by dale... im figuring some smartass comment is going to come up ... still waiting.. o trust me this time im not sticking my .02 in on this lol

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 09:54:46 AM »

very good T C   I thought I was the only one that remembered sly's all time move . imagine the balls he had to do that and the creative thinking . I often wondered at old washington park if a couple drivers ever tried to do something in that fog years ago . some nights you could'nt see the horses down the stretch . you never know !          RTP
RTP, you made a great point in that as players, do we really mind when ONE guy helps himself to a score every now and again ?  Many people ask me at the track "why do you hate Tony ?".  I don't hate him, but IMO he subscribes to the "why steal little when you can steal big" theorum.  Three puppet trainers in a race, keeping the public guessing which one he drives, then why, and does that mean something, etc.  Then he flees to Dover, when if I put EW on his trail as a forensic accountant, we'd discover that he's got more $$$ than any horseman in a 500-mile radius !  Tony says he's a homebody and goes to work in the A.M., then again to the races at night-that's it.  If you calculate 10 drives X 7 days a week X 52 weeks a year X 9 or 10 years as leading driver, he'd heve to be burning his cash in the stove to be non-wealthy or super comfortable.  I'll agree that that is his business alone, but it gives the crying poor/ can't make money speech zero credibility.  Add in any "lineups" or third/fourth trainer "giftbacks", secret interest in a couple as an owner, and why is he leaving again ?  I'm not going to start any theories, but the timing and relocation spot is all wrong IMO.  As of this week, any player should kick themselves if not using Oosting because he's zoned in; we expect Tetrick to move even further up the ladder, and we must wait and see how the shuffles work themselves out.  Magee will be Magee, Hiteman will be Hiteman (ugh), Will Widger step up now that his secondary income source is gone ?  Will Arnold be an airport employee again ?  Will Grevegoed focus on collar county real estate and agri-business ?  I think Scholz will win a few and I wish him well.  Where's the cabana boy that went from serving pina colada drinks in FL to top 2nd trainer in North America ?  See, I've blocked his name from the beanbox -LOL.  TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: