Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 05:39:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you pay admission to a racetrack or OTB if it was designed to keep the homeless and moochers out?
Yes - 10 (41.7%)
No - 14 (58.3%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you pay admission?  (Read 2759 times)
TC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 08:03:34 AM »

I remember leaving Hawthorne one night, a night when it was about 5 degrees, where Voyager N and TM roared from dead last to win going away.  That was ultra shady.  In the parking lot, a guy was punching his girlfriend in the head right in front of a dozen or so people.  No one did anything.  He put her in the car and took off.  I asked the security guard to do something and he just smiled.  I have been followed out after cashing out several times there as well.  I don't go there anymore.  I like to bet at Arlington TS and watch at home.  Only can do that Monday-Wednesday now, oops, not Mondays now.  Guess I can wait until the Big M on Wednesday and do it through Youbet.  I must have bet too much through trackside last year, they sent me an invoice for six KY Derby tickets.
A.
Armonsol, you owe that win to 2 things -Clorox and Cheetah.  Since you joined this forum, I knew you were a sharpie, so you know what I mean.  Nice win, I remember it myself.  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
Armonsol

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 08:50:27 AM »

Armonsol, you owe that win to 2 things -Clorox and Cheetah.  Since you joined this forum, I knew you were a sharpie, so you know what I mean.  Nice win, I remember it myself.  TC
Voyager N, 9-1, 9 horse, 3 degrees, Tony Salvaro "Here comes VOYAGER."
There wasn't another horse that night that made up more than a couple of lengths.  He made up 18 or something. The good old days?
A.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:13 AM »

Voyager N, 9-1, 9 horse, 3 degrees, Tony Salvaro "Here comes VOYAGER."
There wasn't another horse that night that made up more than a couple of lengths.  He made up 18 or something. The good old days?
A.
I'm no harness historian, but that may have been one of Tony's last wins with that brownish modified bike until it was banned.  Someone please jump in to correct this if it's untrue.  TC   P.S. nothing but brand name best for the stock though.  Clorox all the way !  Wink
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »

Now wait a minute.  I go to the track by myself.  Yes mostly during the day, but I've been to harness a few times, or stayed late for simul or parties.  I've never had any problems.  Are you talking about the guys selling peanuts and used programs?  They aren't a problem.  Maybe we just have chivalrous panhandlers who leave women alone?

Jrstark, are you kidding me?? Maybe your working for Hawthrone or trying to give them some good PR. It won't work everyone on here knows better. Hey don't get me wrong I love that track but to say there are no beggers constantly bothering people for money or watching you bet on a voucher machine hoping that you leave your voucher in it and walk away, or stealing your forms or programs is a lie. When you go to the track Im sure you don't sit on the bottom floor grandstand thats known as the GETTO- BRONX. When they had double headers racing they needed a street cleaner to clean-up after all those scummy people. One of the biggest problems is they hire security with no experience about gambling so they don't have a clue to what these track bums are not supposed to be doing. The tracks should at least teach the security that people that are not betting but are constantly sitting by the voucher machines looking over the betters shoulders hoping they leave a voucher in the machine are the ones to toss out. This kind of crowd is easy to spot, just get a wad of dollar bills and start counting it in front of them, its like dawn of the dead they come from the bathrooms, from hiding behind tables, wake up from sleeping and will follow you and ask hey-bro can you spare a buck, got fiffsy cents man, etc. Its not hard to get rid of the rif-raf if they want. The OTB'S are even worse than the tracks because they have less people and should not tolerate it but I think they think it makes it look like they have a better crowd so they let these losers stay like at the Oakbrook OTB where they steal vouchers every day. I guess if they let the theifs stay they figure the will also come back and gamble the money that they stole anyway. PLEASSSSSSE J* stick to what you really KNOW about the race track life and leave that to the many people that have already posted things that they see everyday and are dead on. When I posted this I mean Women just as much as I do Men.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 10:45:01 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: