Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 09:17:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Daily Debate Question for January 9th  (Read 4506 times)
Dan Nance

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2006, 12:02:25 PM »

Dan PSYCHO GOOF *** posted:

I thought about responding with a comment about your 2 daughters, Dan... but I won't lower myself to the "Whale Shit" level of a sick *** like you.

Plus... it's not their fault that their father is a CLASSLESS PIECE OF SHIT.

Actually, I feel sorry for them... having had to grow up with a degenerate gambler like you as a "role model".

You truly are a SICK PSYCHO GOOF.

What do you have to say about my daughters? They didn't hang out at the track nor were they allowed to roam the backside. The only time they were on the backside was when their mother brought them there to pet the horses and feed them carrots. As far as them coming to the track they only came on non-school nights if I had a horse in that I thought could win and if it did they got in the picture and then went home.

Don't feel sorry for my daughters because they had a wonderful life growing up and their father wasn't a degenerate gambler. He was a hard working trainer who busted his ass everyday to make money for his owners and his family. So, blow it out your ass you CLASSLESS PIECE OF SHIT.
Report to moderator   Logged
Elsie

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »

did you race clean .. or did you use ruckers go go juice?

I would race on whatever I could get in ole Hippity-Hop.  It was generally administered by air pump, as a needle would pop him.

If I got a positive, I would just file an appeal.  Then, I would get me a TRO and continue to race as if nothing ever happened.  Since he was filled with air, it was very easy for me to claim Environmental Contamination.

I doubt the Gout medication would have done too much good on my steed.  As you can see in the picture, he doesn’t really have any high motion joints.

Elsie

Look for my picture on many fine Borden products!
off stride

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2006, 05:31:23 PM »

dont ya miss maywood right now?
pacerfan

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »

I agree with Cardshark. We need to keep young people involved with racing.  light bulb 

race track phil

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2006, 11:05:56 PM »

Because of all of the negativity on the forum, I thought that maybe we can use this forum as a way to possibly make the sport better in Illinois by having a daily debate. We can discuss everything from the horsemen, to management, to the fans, and even controversial issues as well.

I hope that everyone will participate by posting his or her thoughts, views, and opinions. Let's try something along these lines to see if we can point harness racing back in a positive direction. Everyone's thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Every morning I will add a new question for debate. Let's have some fun on the forum and hear the different opinions and ideas that are floating around out there. Good luck and enjoy everyone.

Today's debate question:

Should children be allowed at the racetrack?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

JOE ,     your a strange bird ! we argued about the future of racing and you wanted it abolished in illinois and the horsemen to get jobs in fast food ! which is it ! did you change your mind about the johnsons getting money ? because if things get better they surely will profit . now to answer the question . kids should be allowed as long as their parents supervise them and dont let them run around and get in the bettors way . now dont go ballistic just answer in a respectable way . you have me confused about your concerns in racing !                    RTP
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2006, 12:51:14 AM »

I will say I didn't read all 4 pages but, my question is what the meaning of bringing to the track is? Is it OK for a (divorced dad) to take their child to the track on dad's weekend with the kids? I would say not. But I do have to say, I started going to the track at age 12. In school the stuff they wrote on the chalkboard meant nothing to me. The way I learned my math skills was from going to the track, because if you didn't know what you had comming from a winning ticket the tellers could take advantage of you. ( this is old school tickets I'm talking about) I am not talking about my $2 bets I made, but the little larger tickets I made and cashed for my relative. Bottom line is, as bad is it sounds I credit my mathematical skills from going to the track, by placing and cashing tickets. It probably sounds ridiculous, But that's my story.
Mike Bozich

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2006, 01:01:36 AM »

Horse Racing is such a different sport from the rest. You want to create the gamblers of tomorrow by creating fans for today. The question should be, do you want fans or gamblers??? I think harness racing is too busy trying to lure fans....Instead of your dollar nights and cheap entertainment, how about lower takeouts, bigger purses to lure more competitive fields, and carryover bets with significant opportunitie to win???

I don't know, I have always been real receptive to trying to create fans. But the longer I have been in this business, the more I realize that fans don't bet. Bettors bet. Maybe thats what harness racing needs to start catering to.

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2006, 10:50:34 AM »

JOE ,     your a strange bird ! we argued about the future of racing and you wanted it abolished in illinois and the horsemen to get jobs in fast food ! which is it ! did you change your mind about the johnsons getting money ? because if things get better they surely will profit . now to answer the question . kids should be allowed as long as their parents supervise them and dont let them run around and get in the bettors way . now dont go ballistic just answer in a respectable way . you have me confused about your concerns in racing !                    RTP

Phil:

Your post is a clear display of what I have been saying all along...you do not critically read and understand what I post.  Or, maybe I don't make myself clear enough for you to understand, so it may partially be my fault.  Before you go postal, hold up for just a second. 

Number one, you asked me to refrain from ever using your name or answering any of your posts.  I respected your wish, and now a week or so later, you ask me for a reply to something, what gives?

Number two, now I know that you'll come back on here wanting to threaten me to a physical fight and what not.  So I really don’t want to debate with you any longer because of that. 

Please Phil, look at the DATE this thread was started...it was started on January 9.  Off Stride (the best handicapper on this forum) dug it up from the archives by posting something on May 25, which propelled this thread back into action.  Your comments about me being a strange bird, well, you're trying to provoke an argument so I'm not even going to address it because of the threats and physical assault you have been known to issue in the past.

Number three, once again, you NEVER understood my posts because I said that HB1918 is a one-sided bill (in the track owners favor) that allows the Johnston's (your buddies) the opportunity to cash big while the trickle down effect of the bill’s revenue would have very little impact on the people that need the money most, the HORSEMEN.  I posted that if an entity cannot stand on its own merits without the help of another, it should be abolished.  I still stand by my decision.  Do you actually believe that I want harness racing to end in Illinois?  Is that what you think?  Well, you’re wrong.  I want harness racing like we used to have here and not the shit we have today.  What we have in Illinois right now is not harness racing, in my opinion, and if it continues as such, then I would have to say it is better off being abolished. 

All I ever proposed about HB1918 was that I would support it 100% if the horsemen received all of the revenue, instead of having to split it with the tracks.  Now where does that say I want horsemen to work in a fast food restaurant, although I still maintain they would be better off both financially and economically?  You would not take me up on my proposal which said that if you took the average fast food worker and compared their pay to that of an average groom, the fast food worker would have more money at the end of the work-week, while working less hours under better conditions.   You knew damn well that I was challenging you to think outside of the box for a minute to look at how poorly the grooms and other behind the scenes track workers are paid versus the average fast food worker.  That comparison should have concluded to you that even bottom-of-the-barrel minimum wage fast food workers would earn more money than an experienced groom or behind the scenes worker on the backside.  What does that tell you about the industry and status of harness racing in Illinois?

If I told you once, I told you a hundred times that I have all the respect in the world for you, but have decided that I cannot debate with you because of how personal you take things.  On the other hand, I would love to argue and debate with someone like you because it could help me later on down the road in my career.  In case you didn’t know it, that is what attorneys do best, argue and debate issues.  In addition, I would love to argue and debate with someone like you because I know that you have been around the block a time or two but I don't want to be subjected to threats of physical violence.  It’s not worth having you get so upset at me for something so stupid as a debate or disagreement we have about things.  I still respect your opinions but see you in a different light as I once did.  I don’t need or want any problems, so it’s better for me to get along with you and not debate or argue because of the way you perceive me to be.  Simply put, it means more to be to be able to say hello and get along with you then win a debate or argument.   

You got so pissed off at our last debate that you acted like a child when I was debating with John and EW on another issue that you posted stuff like “great post” on their points of merit.  I simply ignored it and actually thought it was quite funny because that was not something you normally did and because you were upset, you decided to behave that way.  As a matter of fact, did you see how John, EW and I debated about the DUI and defense attorneys in general?  Tell me that it was not a good, clean and honest debate?  I came away from that debate with a respect for John and EW both.  That is how I like to debate and educate myself from the opposing side of the argument. 

Since you asked, I'll attempt to help you better understand my concerns about racing and how I feel.  For the umpteenth time regarding HB1918, I will support the living hell out of that bill if the horsemen receive 100% of the revenue; otherwise, I am opposed to it.  Regardless of what you think, it’s my position that the track owners have at least been able to enjoy a profit each and every year, while the horsemen get poorer and poorer each and every year.  Bottom line:  the horsemen need major help in the form of revenue and not something that is going to have a small, if any impact on the purses while the track owners will reap huge rewards with the 50% that HB1918 provides them.  If that is what HB1918 states, then I will say no way.  HB1918 will have very little effect on most horsemen.  I just don’t see the revenue ever filtering its way down to the bottom-of-the-barrel horsemen that need it most, thus my reasoning that a fast food worker could earn more money than an average groom or behind the scenes worker with or without HB1918.  Its impact on the horsemen is miniscule while its impact on the track owners is HUGE making it all one-sided, in my opinion.  Just my opinion and if I have offended you, I certainly do apologize.  Phil, now look for Burton or some other troll on the forum to get involved in this and try to fire you up.  Guaranteed!

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 11:04:36 AM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
worldchampion

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2006, 11:07:29 AM »

JOE,
     Great post today. I like you support the bill if the horsemen receive 100% of the revenue which I don't think is going to happen. It will have very little effect on most horsemen.We can only hope that 2 years up the road that we have one strong organization with no corruption running the show.Hope your finals went well.

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2006, 11:13:13 AM »

Joe,

You know we disagree about the "100% or nothing" stance on the bill -- however, I'm curious about something...

I think the reason that the tracks are "supposed" to be getting a portion of this bill would be to further market the sport and to have $ to spend on capital improvements.  Obviously, we don't know -- and in many cases, I would doubt -- that this would ever occur.

Would you support a "split" bill if the track portion had to be invested back into the industry?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
race track phil

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2006, 11:15:26 AM »

OK ,        joe you stated your opinion clearer this time .   RTP
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2006, 11:20:22 AM »

I think the reason that the tracks are "supposed" to be getting a portion of this bill would be to further market the sport and to have $ to spend on capital improvements.  Obviously, we don't know -- and in many cases, I would doubt -- that this would ever occur.

From the May IRB meeting:

The Board approved the initiation of emergency rulemaking to create rules governing the Horse Racing Equity Trust Fund, a non-appropriated trust fund to be managed by the Illinois Racing Board.

http://www.state.il.us/agency/irb/racing/pdf/meeting%20results/May%20Meeting%20Results.pdf
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2006, 11:25:24 AM »

From the May IRB meeting:

The Board approved the initiation of emergency rulemaking to create rules governing the Horse Racing Equity Trust Fund, a non-appropriated trust fund to be managed by the Illinois Racing Board.

http://www.state.il.us/agency/irb/racing/pdf/meeting%20results/May%20Meeting%20Results.pdf

Whoops.  I must've missed this because it was an "emergency" item.  Does anyone know exactly what came out of this agenda item?  Will the IRN be controlling all of the $?  Or just the track portion?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2006, 12:06:54 PM »

Joe,

You know we disagree about the "100% or nothing" stance on the bill -- however, I'm curious about something...

Would you support a "split" bill if the track portion had to be invested back into the industry?

Best,
EW
EW:

Great question.  You're making think outside the box, but here goes.  If HB1918 clearly states that the IRB will receive the tracks 50% of the generated revenue, I would still be opposed to it for a number of reasons.

First off, why should generated revenue be awarded to an enterprise so that they could use the money to advertise their product?  Isn't that the cost of doing business?  I mean if we are going to allow collected revenue to be used for advertising purposes, it sounds ridiculous.  The Johnston's along with every other track owner should be good business people and have an advertising expense account set-aside yearly for the sole purpose of advertising their business.  It should not be HB1918's intention to use the revenue to advertise because it is the business owner’s responsibility to do this. 

EW, are you telling me that you would rather see the track owners 50% share of HB1918 be used for advertising instead of going to the horsemen who have been screwed royally for all these years?  Can't be.  It is the track owners responsibility to promote their product and one would certainly think that any track that did not comply would certainly be subjected to explanation to the IRB and consideration given in the way of date allocations, no?  If the IRB truly wants the very best for harness racing and has the state of Illinois best interest at heart, it will stop with all of the political games and issue Hawthorne at least 4 to 5 months of harness racing.  Let Balmoral apply for T-Bred dates.  None of the T-bred horsemen like Balmoral or the Johnston's and several have said that they would not race there. 

Even if the tracks 50% of HB1918 was placed in an account that the IRB had control over, because of some of the questionable things that have happened over the years between the IRB and Johnston's, could they really be trusted to do the right thing?  I don't know and can only speculate that the Johnston's control the IRB from Lorna Propes to Marc Laino, it’s as simple as that.  Previous IRB's have allowed the Johnston's to get away with murder and the current board is no better.

Long answer to a short question, no-I would not support HB1918 even if the tracks 50% went to the IRB for industry promotion because neither of the two (track owners or IRB) has shown any kind of upstanding accountability and integrity.  Have a look a the date allocations year after year and ask yourself this; is the IRB and honest and trustworthy administrative agency?  I’ll let you answer that question.  Just my opinion.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras   

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up