Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 10:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE IHHA AGREED TO THIS CONTRACT???  (Read 2150 times)
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:06:09 AM »

I am not bashing the IHHA on this, YET, but would like to know why they agreed to sign a contract with purses this bad? How are the horsemen going to get any new owners or suckers in the business I should say? I don't see anything good about this contract so what gives?
Report to moderator   Logged
FastTrack

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »

Can you tell me where you have even SEEN the contract?Huh 
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:14:05 AM »

I think they needed to buy some time and some of the small businesses were unable to sit out a long time, so they got back to same old, same old.  How many poeple are not going to bet if they are charged $3-$5 admission, with those monies going toward purses ?  This would include all OTBs within 100 miles of Chicagoland in IL.  The next contract should have an April expiration date, so the horsemen could choose to race at hoosier or Hazel if they don't like the deal they get here.  In January, there is no goo, close alternative - especially for large tracks (ovals).  After 72 hours, the Gestapo came off of their high horse.  Another 48 hours later, they gave in some more because they want these (so far shabby) doubleheaders.  If the horsemen could have afforded to wait oout another week, they may have gotten a good deal with better purses than in 2005.  We'll never know.  TC
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 09:27:26 AM »

No!! But if you get a copy from "YOUR IHHA BOARD" I am sure you could post it.

But something tells me this forum will be the last place the IHHA wants it to be seen. The bottom line is they gave in, AGAIN. And all because they have to race and can't rough it out until they get the right things done. Why? Because they love a slow death and more false promises. LOL. I believe the same IRB board that screwed Hawthrone on race dates is the same board that put pressure on the horsemen to sign the 2006 contract. Good things come to those who wait. Why didn't you wait???
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 09:30:15 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »

No!! But if you get a copy from "YOUR IHHA BOARD" I am sure you could post it.

But something tells me this forum will be the last place the IHHA wants it to be seen. The bottom line is they gave in, AGAIN. And all because they have to race and can't rough it out until they get the right things done. Why? Because they love a slow death and more false promises. LOL. I believe the same IRB board that screwed Hawthrone on race dates is the same board that put pressure on the horsemen to sign the 2006 contract. Good things come to those who wait. Why didn't you wait???
FastTrack

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 09:44:17 AM »

Well the sad truth of it all..... It's a double edged sword. Can't afford to sit it out and can't afford not to... Done is done. They have signed and that is that. We can only concentrate on making it better for next year, but it needs to start NOW. What I don't understand is WHY are we not kept informed. Why is it SO hard to keep their web site up to date? Why are we not able to view what they signed? This is exactly what brews all the anger and bad information that floats around everywhere. I would just like to see it in black and white for myself instead of picking up bits and pieces of information  here and there.
ComputerGeek

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 09:48:38 AM »

I'm not a Horseman, but can't someone start a different Association?  Or is that like starting a new Teamsters?
Richard Breth

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »

How many poeple are not going to bet if they are charged $3-$5 admission, with those monies going toward purses ?  This would include all OTBs within 100 miles of Chicagoland in IL.

Have you notice the only people left at OTBs and intertrack are very old or real poor? Only ones not all ready betting through internet. Charge admission the old men will learn to use there computers the poor people will quit comin at all. Admission charge add to OTB surcharge isnt going to bring back every one that all ready left for no costs no surcharge plus rebate.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 12:33:05 PM »

Have you notice the only people left at OTBs and intertrack are very old or real poor? Only ones not all ready betting through internet. Charge admission the old men will learn to use there computers the poor people will quit comin at all. Admission charge add to OTB surcharge isnt going to bring back every one that all ready left for no costs no surcharge plus rebate.
Dickie, per usual, you're 1/2 right.  There are some big players left in those OTBs.  Check those beloved figures you believe as FACT from Oakbrook or even the Mud Bug or daytime Jackson St.  I agree 100 % with the last part of your statement.  Don't forget, OTBs are "betting 7-11s", meaning that they are for convenience.  Do you think the tracks charge no admission because they are benevolent or WANT the players to go there because of the fact the tracks make more on the gambling dollar AND have to share less with the horsemen ?  Interesting stuff...TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »

Dickie, per usual, you're 1/2 right.  There are some big players left in those OTBs.  Check those beloved figures you believe as FACT from Oakbrook or even the Mud Bug or daytime Jackson St.  I agree 100 % with the last part of your statement.  Don't forget, OTBs are "betting 7-11s", meaning that they are for convenience.  Do you think the tracks charge no admission because they are benevolent or WANT the players to go there because of the fact the tracks make more on the gambling dollar AND have to share less with the horsemen ?  Interesting stuff...TC

Your right. Theres still a few goofs in the back rooms at some OTBs shoveling money. They arent shoveling on live races though its simulcats already 50-50. But you were talking about making money for horsemen on admissions. Admissions comes from body count not handle. Charge admission the body count and handle goes down and doesnt move back to the track. $3 admission on top of surcharge at OTB isnt going to make bettor burn $6 gas in a hour drivr to go to the track. OTB charges make lot of people stay home to bet now would make more then.

You think different thats OK.
abtruth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 01:24:50 PM »

brether the nyc guy said his parlors are charging 5 to get no juice.not a bad idea.all those intrenet places will go away when the goverment stops them.they are illegal and scummie.support your horsemen and go to the track if you like to bet horses i say.only antisocial dummys stay home to bet.i agree the kickback is good but theact is illegal as dope smoking.how about another of american business taken away by lowsy mexicans or whatever offshores.i wouldnt give 1 doller to those scum.i support american business and there products.you shuld to.truth
Richard Breth

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 01:47:35 PM »

brether the nyc guy said his parlors are charging 5 to get no juice.not a bad idea.all those intrenet places will go away when the goverment stops them.they are illegal and scummie.support your horsemen and go to the track if you like to bet horses i say.only antisocial dummys stay home to bet.i agree the kickback is good but theact is illegal as dope smoking.how about another of american business taken away by lowsy mexicans or whatever offshores.i wouldnt give 1 doller to those scum.i support american business and there products.you shuld to.truth

Dont know how the NYC OTBs work and what taxes they pay. Here each OTB pays 1% tax of total handle to county 1% total handle to the town. They charge you 2.5% surcharge on winners to make up that tax they still have to pay more at the end of the year. Not sure $5 a night or $3 a night would cover the taxes you rang up for no juice. If you bet $1000 they would owe $20 tax and only collected $3 from you. sounds like a loser.

For wagering services. US based ones like YouBet are legal. Murky if its legal to use them in Illinois. Offshore ones are legal in there countrys. Murky if its legal to use them from US. Point is they are becoming more legal not less. They arent going away. No one enforces any laws against them. People use them more every day. What easier to play a few from your computer at night after work or commit the whole night to long drive to the track away from your family and house? No drive no admission no seat charge no smoke no homeless no expensive concesions. no surcharge. I havent got a account but I see the benefit. Put your wager in YouBet or Winticket watch on TVG or HRTV almost like being there.

TC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 02:09:17 PM »

Dickie, c'mon.  As an IL resident which many readers of this site are, you can't play Balmoral or Maywood through those onshore platforms and you know it.  The Gestapo bars us from using them.  It's Pinnacle or some other offshore.  I had an uncle in IN who I ran my Youbet through, but couldn't instantly transfer cash in my name, so I quit using the system.  I have RTN at home yet STILL make it out live a couple times a week.  I enjoy the rebates too, but I won't give them the bulk of my play - it goes live to show my support for the horsemen.  I spends oodles in gas to get there, overpay for refreshments and seating, all to support the live product.  I hate OTBs.  Your beloved IN has nine OTBs that don't charge any surcharge, if I recall.  Stop being a hurter and start going out to support a product you've spent hour upon hour talking about...LOL.  TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »

Dickie, c'mon.  As an IL resident which many readers of this site are, you can't play Balmoral or Maywood through those onshore platforms and you know it.  The Gestapo bars us from using them.  It's Pinnacle or some other offshore.  I had an uncle in IN who I ran my Youbet through, but couldn't instantly transfer cash in my name, so I quit using the system.  I have RTN at home yet STILL make it out live a couple times a week.  I enjoy the rebates too, but I won't give them the bulk of my play - it goes live to show my support for the horsemen.  I spends oodles in gas to get there, overpay for refreshments and seating, all to support the live product.  I hate OTBs.  Your beloved IN has nine OTBs that don't charge any surcharge, if I recall.  Stop being a hurter and start going out to support a product you've spent hour upon hour talking about...LOL.  TC

Re read carefully. Said I dont have an account. When I go to play races it is track or OTB. What you or abtruth or I do has nothing to do with the discussion. Its about what most other people do. What more people do every day. Maybe we should get "everyone" on here and you brow beat them about where they wager there money. That will solve all harness racing problems.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »

How does a thread asking a question about the IHHA contract drift off to this shit? You and that other moron TC should get slapped every times you 2 do this. SHEEEEESH      OTB=HOMELESS SHELTERS FOR THIEFS Tongue
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »

And this shit, start your own threads "GOOFS"

OTB=homeless shelters for thiefs Roll Eyes
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »

My plans would be to charge a $3 admission BUT reduce prices on programs and concessions. Also make sure you tell the patrons WHY you are charging admission (to improve the quality of clientel and insure safety). I, along with many people that I have talked to would gladly pay the $3 to go into an OTB and not have to worry about moochers or bums. And I am of strong belief that $3 admission is enough to keep these moochers and bums out of there.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 03:41:04 PM »

As a matter of fact, lets put this to a vote on a poll on a different thread.
Armonsol

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »

Typical Waukegan OTB customer before doors open.
abtruth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 08:45:23 PM »

i coulda held out a spell becuse i hit a nice pick 4 with my horse paying 27.i kept the moneys in the basement until i realy need them.i feel bad for those who had to race thogh.after seeing how the meeting went who do you think was beggin to race.evry guy who put his head down up there like darcy and ken to.darcy dont spend 325000 on a house if you cant make payments.my farm cost me plenty but i save my moneys for rainy days.i walk up to say hello to old owners and i see other guys on board betting like it is the last day of betting.you know who i mean.we need more fans to come and bet at the races and get younger fans to.but not to young.17 18 and up is ok to learn but shuld be 18 to bet.balmoral does a good job keeping youngins away from betting.young fans shuld be able to come to paddock and see how the horses get ready.that might hook them on the game more than just bet bet bet.truth
Henry C. Robinson

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 09:19:15 PM »

Hosea and Ronnie woulda got you cats a better deal no sweat. and nobody messes with VP my main man. Victor is about 145 pounds but packs a big punch right in old man Johnston's nuts. Don't put them up put up Darcy and Krause and the other deadwood lilly white yesmen. The board shold reflect all people from the world. What, no black folk at the races and in the barn?  Jeez.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 10:53:35 PM »

Typical Waukegan OTB customer before doors open.

Better watch it!! This is a under cover agent trying to find out all the barntowire trolls. He's wearing a wire and has special James Bond spy camera in one of those bags.
Armonsol

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 11:39:58 PM »

Better watch it!! This is a under cover agent trying to find out all the barntowire trolls. He's wearing a wire and has special James Bond spy camera in one of those bags.

I heard they have called on this man to investigate.......
TC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 07:58:04 AM »

it's mild mannered police station janitor Penrod Pooch, better known as Hong Kong Phooey.  Bravo Armonsol.  Your move into the visual aids realm has produced nothing but aces.  Well done.  TC
FIRST UP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 10:48:13 AM »

I just read the contract that we agreed to, it reads as follows: All horsemen agree to drop their pants, bend over and grab your ankles so that the johnstons can drive you home. If Marty can get rucker out of his positives and Darcy can get out of his all fellow horsemen don't mind getting it up the ass. If we decide the 3,000 purses are too large, we will immediately cut them back to 1,500. We expect all bustouts to agree with this, that way they can cry all year how broke they are. We promise to lower purses next year, and with our clout and payoffs with the IRB we promise to screw hawthorne out of race dates again. We know that the cost of living goes up every year to everyone except the horsemen, so please accept this contract and make us millions as you go bellyup. I never realized how many inbreds there are in this sport, but to agree to this contract, you obviously enjoy taking it up the butt!! As an owner, I am sick of this shit. I hope my horses get claimed so I can wash my hands of this bulls**t once and for all. Time to look at getting into thoroughbreds. My ass can't take it any more. Thanks again to all of the inbreds for voting yes to this butt f**king, I hope your sister divorces you!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: