Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 01:46:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Betting Update  (Read 900 times)
Big C

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:54:17 PM »

As previously stated,I'm giving my betting recap
         Straight bets 593.00
         Collected      593.00
         Gimmicks       47.00
         Collected            0 
         Expenses      10.00
So I've started the year -57.00 for the New Year. I know, nobody cares, but its interesting to see where the money goes. Did well at Gulfstream, Tampa, and  Santa Anita but got hurt at Turfwayand Louisiana. Went against my resolution and bet too many tracks. My bets were mostly 10 wp. Lets see what happens next week.
Report to moderator   Logged
David

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:52:56 AM »

Not bad, you might want to keep your win and place results separate - as you might learn something about how they affect your profitability. The other tracks are very tempting - sometimes I only bring the form for the tracks I should be playing  (only print out certain tracks - or with hard copy - toss the Ohio insert or whatever)- it reduces the temptation.
mark_maegdlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »

I am winning at 25% but am still down $21.00 for the year making win bets and exacta boxes.  MM
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »

I am winning at 25% but am still down $21.00 for the year making win bets and exacta boxes.  MM

How many horses are you boxing?  Have you looked into part wheels?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 03:16:10 PM »

This is a good thread.  Knock down the amounts several hundred dollars and I had pretty much the same results as Big C.  As I have said before, my main bet is a limited boxed exacta, but I have upped my total bet a little with Place saver bets. These saver bets did cut down on the losses this week and I almost broke even.  Won at SA and GP, but did nothing at FGLad, like Big C.

I like the idea of putting the betting amounts and techniques out there for everyone to see.  It is sure better than people telling us how much they won without explaining how much they put out or what techniques they used.  The comments by others on someone's betting is helpful too.

I have a massive Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep as much information and stats as possible on my betting habits throughout the year.  Two years ago it told me to forget trifectas.  This last year it told me to not waste time on 10 cent supers and go to place betting to supplement my exactas.  I am not in the black but I have lost less money now for the two years.

Having good money management and betting tendencies records is as important as pouring over PP's.  With the winter tracks now running with their better product, I think many of us will seem some improvement in our efforts.

Big C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »

Here's an angle that many bettors overlook. With so many tracks going we often fail to keep track of horses who were overbet or who got in trouble or may have been STIFFED. AS we get older, Our (my)memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, therefore recordkeeping becomes very important. Good advice from APCD Dan, I'll record my w p bets accordingly. GOOD LUCK!
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »

I'm making a concious effort to track my bets this year.  Since I usually have my Laptop with me, there really is no excuse for me to let the record keeping wide until 'Tomrrow', which never comes.  Besides, with Internet access in the Handicapping Center, I can get the finish positions, prices and the final odds of all the bets, both Live and simulcast, so I have the data available as soon as it becomes available online for the things I miss on the TV's.   
edwarren

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »

I'm making a concious effort to track my bets this year.  Since I usually have my Laptop with me, there really is no excuse for me to let the record keeping wide until 'Tomrrow', which never comes.  Besides, with Internet access in the Handicapping Center, I can get the finish positions, prices and the final odds of all the bets, both Live and simulcast, so I have the data available as soon as it becomes available online for the things I miss on the TV's.   

Record keeping is critical to making money at the races. Those who don't will be surprised at at what they will discover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: