Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 07:09:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bickering  (Read 600 times)
edwarren

« on: January 08, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »

Wow, there sure is a lot of bickering here in Illinois. Did you know, the State of New York, that is the People of New York have invested an additional $30,000,000 into NYRA. (Magna's efforts to dominate NY racing through "private enterprise" has apparently failed, for now, hooray.) I'm not saying NY State and NYRA are perfect, they probably lose money and have certainly lost money in the past, but, and at least before NYRA's forum was shut down, you NEVER heard the bickering, mudslinging, etc. that you read here.

NY State has a subsatantial investment in breeding racehorses. For example, Mr. Ramsey was lobbied and agreed to let his stud Cateinus produce in NY. That kind of stuff just isn't happening here.

I often think people at the top enjoy all trouble and division that's created here. They're laughing all the way to the bank.

Report to moderator   Logged
David

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 09:38:34 PM »

NY State has a subsatantial investment in breeding racehorses. For example, Mr. Ramsey was lobbied and agreed to let his stud Cateinus produce in NY. That kind of stuff just isn't happening here.

Ed, are you really that gullible to believe that the Ramseys decided to send Cateinus back to NY to stand for 6,500 instead of in KY where he was advertised for 15,000 or 20,000 on the basis of being lobbied by the breeders of New York. Wouldn't a more logical explanation be that there wasn't demand enough in KY and he is more of regional sire? Do you actually believe the signs on restaraunts that say "closed for remodeling - open soon"
edwarren

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »

Ed, are you really that gullible to believe that the Ramseys decided to send Cateinus back to NY to stand for 6,500 instead of in KY where he was advertised for 15,000 or 20,000 on the basis of being lobbied by the breeders of New York. Wouldn't a more logical explanation be that there wasn't demand enough in KY and he is more of regional sire? Do you actually believe the signs on restaraunts that say "closed for remodeling - open soon"

I may sound naive, but what you say here is contrary to what I have read.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: