Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 02:51:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st race Tioga.  (Read 4242 times)
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2007, 08:05:47 AM »

The ignorance you show, PW, is so darn hysterical its beyond comprehension.   Yes, there are Thousands of Provisional licenses and they race each and every day of the year at pari-mutual tracks throughout the land.  My license is precisely the same as theirs and most have had them for years.   Do you know that many 'P' licensees are 'P's only because they've not registered their colors?   A 'P' license IS a real license, but let's not let facts get in the way of your incredible lack of understanding and logic.   Did you ever pass grade school or gym class?   Many of us have our doubts.   There really should be a minimum age and educational standard to post on these forums.   It would be the great cleansing of Internet gunk. Get with it?   Indeed you should, but keep that PR coming - the more you rant and carry on like a spoiled brat wannabe playground thug, the more readers enjoy the amusement.    Once again, Mr. Reporter, you have no facts but that's to be expected.    No pari-mutual wins?   Better check again, pal.   Nope, don't have many but it does not matter Mr. Keyboard Klown.  I/we're having fun and enjoying life, it just does not get any better than that.  Finally, a 'load in my diaper?'  You saw that?   The load stands for Poop Wad, as in PW, get it?   Give us an address and we'll mail it to you.
Damn, you're funny.....

Can you drive or qualify at M1 with a P license?
Report to moderator   Logged
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »

No pari-mutual wins?   Better check again, pal.   Nope, don't have many

OK, I stand corrected.  When you are right, you are right.  My appologies.  You did manage to win a billings race this year at Clinton which was a parimutel race - an 8-horse field for 4 breakers and 3 horses who got interfered with, and you won.

And the reason people have P licenses is because they weren't granted an A license.  Stop with the silly uniform excuse. 
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 08:12:51 AM »

...Mike, to drive on a regular basis at the Big M I defer to my eastern friends to answer that.   The Big M does permit 'P' drivers in certain wagering races, that's a fact.  As for Qualifiers, I believe so, but again I defer to my eastern friends.    Its been said many times that I should and CAN drive at Balmoral for example, with my 'P.'   I opt not to do that as I really am not about getting in the way of people trying to eke out a living.   I was asked at Toledo a few weeks ago why I wasn't driving my own horse....don't care to in the 'regular races.'   I know my niche and look to stay in it.  
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 08:13:10 AM »

Can you drive or qualify at M1 with a P license?

Excellent point Poconomike - answer is NO.  You cannot even drive a QUALIFIER at M(1) without a full A license.  Also, certain tracks will not allow P drivers on certain cards.  Example would be a Saturday afternoon card at Freehold.  
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »

...Mike, to drive on a regular basis at the Big M I defer to my eastern friends to answer that.   The Big M does permit 'P' drivers in certain wagering races, that's a fact.  As for Qualifiers, I believe so, but again I defer to my eastern friends.    Its been said many times that I should and CAN drive at Balmoral for example, with my 'P.'   I opt not to do that as I really am not about getting in the way of people trying to eke out a living.   I was asked at Toledo a few weeks ago why I wasn't driving my own horse....don't care to in the 'regular races.'   I know my niche and look to stay in it.  

Meadowlands has, in the past , allowed P drivers to be on the card in the Gold Cup Billings championships race - and I think this past year the Silver Cup race was also carded with P drivers.  That is the ONLY time they allow P drivers.  No P drivers are allowed in overnights OR QUALIFIERS.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:18:16 AM by Phlegm Wad » Report to moderator   Logged
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2007, 08:24:43 AM »

thanks guys..I couldnt remember ever seeing a P in an overnight race at M1..
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »

I opt not to do that as I really am not about getting in the way of people trying to eke out a living.   I was asked at Toledo a few weeks ago why I wasn't driving my own horse....don't care to in the 'regular races.'   I know my niche and look to stay in it.  

why didn't you give them the real reason Mr. Colors Registrar?  When they ask you why you don't drive your horse, give them the truth - "because I'm a fat load of terd whose gonna kill someone out there"!!   I know your niche - LOOKING LIKE A FOOL and GIVING EVASIVE AND UNTRUE / DECEPTIVE ANSWERS TO SIMPLE QUESTIONS ON FORUMS - that's your niche - STAY WITH IT!
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »

...Mike, to drive on a regular basis at the Big M I defer to my eastern friends to answer that.   The Big M does permit 'P' drivers in certain wagering races, that's a fact.  As for Qualifiers, I believe so, but again I defer to my eastern friends.

Why can't you just say "I DONT KNOW" when someone asks you a question about something that you have no idea about?  Why do you take a stab and then defer to "friends"?  Well, since none of your friends answered, I guess you have no Eastern friends!

Its been said many times that I should and CAN drive at Balmoral for example, with my 'P.'   I opt not to do that as I really am not about getting in the way of people trying to eke out a living.   I was asked at Toledo a few weeks ago why I wasn't driving my own horse....don't care to in the 'regular races.'   I know my niche and look to stay in it.  

ROFMLFAO !!!  You don't want to what?  Get in the way of people eeking out a living? That's like me saying "I didn't bother trying out for the New York Knicks because I don't want to get in the way of some poor 6'10" guy's living!   GIMME A BREAK!  Are you friggin DELUSIONAL??

And Im sure the owners, trainers and drivers of the other horses have encouraged you to drive - that HELPS them eek out a living since your horse would never cash.

Oh gosh you make me laugh so hard Ding Dong Dale!
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2007, 12:03:46 PM »

Long ago I said I would never argue with an idiot, particularly one online.   I violated my own rules and an argument with an idiot that belongs in a padded cell is what I've done.   Idiots take you down to their level and then beat you with 'experience.'   You are so far gone its unbelievable and I am 100% certain the vast majority of people reading this garbage concur.   Get your jolly's someplace else.  Now you've reverted to name calling.   Fact is I am a way better person than you'll ever be.   You're turning this forum into a cesspool of utter nonsense and trash.  Must feel proud of yourself.   You see, I got to bed at night and get up in the morning proud of who I am, what I've accomplished and what the new day may bring.   You, on the other hand are so delusional and misdirected that there must have been a shortage of brain cells available when you were hatched.   Please, to mankind a huge favor and crawl back under your rock.   I've got to think you're not for real because nobody could really be so ignorant all the time...I am about the positives in life, not the negatives and stone throwing that you are accustomed to.   I am done communicating with you because logic and common sense have yet to be displayed by your ravings.   Throw all your mud, make up your own idiotic conclusions and in general display yourself to the world as the lunatic you seem to be.   I will not respond any further.   Thank you for the laughs, but actually I feel sorry for you.   If you're for real, you're one sick human being.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »

Michigan Dale    A+
Phlegm Wad      F-

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
njhorseman

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »

Dale:
Congratulations. You've taken my spot as Phlegm Wad's favorite target. You must be doing something right. Cheesy
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »

just curious..what is the difference between a "P" and an "A" license?
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2007, 01:07:48 PM »

Long ago I said I would never argue with an idiot, particularly one online.   I violated my own rules and an argument with an idiot that belongs in a padded cell is what I've done.   Idiots take you down to their level and then beat you with 'experience.'   You are so far gone its unbelievable and I am 100% certain the vast majority of people reading this garbage concur.   Get your jolly's someplace else.  Now you've reverted to name calling.   Fact is I am a way better person than you'll ever be.   You're turning this forum into a cesspool of utter nonsense and trash.  Must feel proud of yourself.   You see, I got to bed at night and get up in the morning proud of who I am, what I've accomplished and what the new day may bring.   You, on the other hand are so delusional and misdirected that there must have been a shortage of brain cells available when you were hatched.   Please, to mankind a huge favor and crawl back under your rock.   I've got to think you're not for real because nobody could really be so ignorant all the time...I am about the positives in life, not the negatives and stone throwing that you are accustomed to.   I am done communicating with you because logic and common sense have yet to be displayed by your ravings.   Throw all your mud, make up your own idiotic conclusions and in general display yourself to the world as the lunatic you seem to be.   I will not respond any further.   Thank you for the laughs, but actually I feel sorry for you.   If you're for real, you're one sick human being.

Seriously Dale - you are why so many people think that these amateur drivers are elitists and dimwits and won't support the amateur movement.  Come down off your high horse and answer the question posed by a common person point blank without  BSmeter and without always hedging and being on your high horse. 

I asked a simple question at the beginning of this forum that asked you to name 3 people.  All I got was huff n fluff and a freakin lovefest.  All you had to do was give AN ANSWER, not some  BSmeter about oh how you can't decide and that.

Someone else asked a question you didnt know the answer to.  Just say "I don't know" - all the guessing and deferring.

I aked another question - why you can't just simply admit you didn't know something.  Instead of saying "because ____________________", you danced around that with all kinds of linquistic gymnastics.

You don't have to make up excuses for why you don't drive your own horses.   Most people don't.  In fact, there are only a couple of amateur drivers who regularly do.  It doesn't make you a bad person.  Why not just say "because I don't" or "because the pro driver does better than me" -  why do you insist on sandwhiching the answer in between nonsense about how you don't want to deprive other professional drivers of their livings.  Don't you see how pompous this sounds?  Seriously?  This attitude is why alot of people poo-poo the amateurs.

Well, I am going to the OTB tonight to watch some racing.  I'm sure the pro drivers there are fortunate that you arent there so they can eek out a living!
Goliath

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 01:09:49 PM »

The difference is you must get a certain number of Pari-Mutuel wins to get an A license. I think it is 8. Non-Betting races even if they are for a purse do not count which doesn't make a whole  lot of sense because if it is for a purse it is a legitimate charted race. Many stakes races are off the card but are the same races as other divisions that might be on the card. But those are the rules.

As for where P drivers are allowed, they used to be allowed at ALL tracks but then as the popularity of the NY tracks in the 70's increased, they did away with P drivers on weekends. Then John Campbell lobbied Freehold to exclude the P drivers on weekends and further pushed to have them banned from M1 for all races including qualifiers. Yonkers followed suit and does not allow P drivers in overnights either. So basically a P driver cannot race at M1 in any type of race, at Yonkers in qualifiers only and at Freehold any time except Saturday. They can race everywhere else anytime, as far as I know. The exclusion to this is stakes races, which is where certain amateur races fall and why you might see amateurs in a betting race at M1 or in the Hambo, like in the case of Mal Burroughs who as we know won it. They cannot exclude them from stakes races.

Hope that helps
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »

Thanks Goliath.. that makes sense. i figured it had to be more than registering your colors. and it makes it very clear why i dont see alot of Ps on the cards i look at
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2007, 01:49:16 PM »

Mike - the specific rules are outlined on pages 49-53 and appear as Rule 17 - Drivers, Trainers and Agents, in the USTA Rule Book.  Its available at no charge for review on the USTA website.

That being said, here is the somewhat shortened version:

#4 Qualifications and Categories

(d)  P (Provisional) A license valid for fairs, matinees, qualifying races and extended pari-mutuel meetings subject to satisfactory performance.

(e) A (Full)  A full license valid for all meetings.  Drivers holding a P license will not be considered for advancement to a Full license until he or she as qualified in one of the three following categories:

looking in

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »

The complete rule book can be read at UStrotting .com.
Go to home page and click on rule book at services and tools
To advance to an A you must have so many satisfactory drives in a certain time span.
 25 satisfactory pari-mutuel drives in a year
50    "                "      "          "      in less then a year.
50 fair drives and 25 pari-mutuel drives in a two year span
All drives must be satisfactory ,and ten need to be wins,or 5 wins if you have the presiding judges consent.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2007, 01:59:26 PM »

Sorry, hit a key too soon....
Continued from previous:
(1)  One years driving experience while holding a P license plus 25 satisfactory pari-mutuel starts in the 12 month period beginning with issuance of the P license.
(2)  Or had less than 2 years driving experience while holding a P license but with at least 50 satisfactory pari-mutuel starts.
(3)  Or made 25 satisfactory extended pari-mutuel starts or starts at Grand Circuit meetings in the two year period preceding the date of application provided driver has at least 50 pari-mutuel starts that are satisfactory.
(4)  Notwithstanding the foregoing, the applicant must have at least 10 wins at extended pari-mutuel meetings while holding a P license and meet the provisions of Section 9 of this rule or must have at least 5 wins at extended pari-mutuel meetings while holding a P license and obtain the unanimous consent of the Presiding Judge and members of the local District Track Committee...

REGARDING COLORS:  Section 12
binoculars  Drivers holding a USTA FULL LICENSE.....shall have their colors registered with the Association.   (Members of Standardbred Canada are exempt)

There are drivers today, professional long standing P drivers that have not and will not register their colors for their own personal or financial reasons that otherwise qualify for upgrading to a Full License.  

Program representations can be misleading.   Sometimes P drivers are noted, sometimes not.   Sometimes P drivers are noted and those with QF licenses are not, giving the impression they're A Drivers.   Many of us have found that odd.  
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2007, 02:03:32 PM »

thanks. who has the power to award and "A" license? the presiding judge at each track?
Goliath

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »

Once you meet the qualifications, you must get a PJ to sign off on the fact that you are capable and safe to drive in races full time.
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2007, 04:16:11 PM »

Michigan Dale    A+
Phlegm Wad      F-

Michigan Dale is harmless..............Phlegm Wad needs to cough it up and get over it. thumbs down

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
BunnyLake

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »

Paulie..Paulie...Paulie Wanna Cracker..Not everyone has forgotten about you..I still love you.. On the topic of this thread, im just catching up, and as salty as Mr Wad is, hes right..There arent three drivers currently driving in the billings series that could even remotely make a good living as a driver..And for those speculating about Mr Wad being a 14 year old wanna be, read him again..Hes no dummy..Im betting he's closer to dale than dale ever imagined..I think Mr Wad is busting an acquaintance's chops here
njhorseman

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2007, 07:28:31 PM »

Roll Eyes
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2007, 08:22:44 PM »

Paulie..Paulie...Paulie Wanna Cracker..Not everyone has forgotten about you..I still love you.. On the topic of this thread, im just catching up, and as salty as Mr Wad is, hes right..There arent three drivers currently driving in the billings series that could even remotely make a good living as a driver..And for those speculating about Mr Wad being a 14 year old wanna be, read him again..Hes no dummy..Im betting he's closer to dale than dale ever imagined..I think Mr Wad is busting an acquaintance's chops here

nyah
njhorseman

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2007, 07:15:49 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: