Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 12:10:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st race Tioga.  (Read 4200 times)
FreeLegged

« on: August 26, 2007, 12:18:16 PM »

lets all cheer on the horse Economy Size.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Report to moderator   Logged
FreeLegged

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 05:28:42 PM »

I dont know the exact amount of how many Parker won today, but it was several.
Goliath

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:24:43 AM »

Thanks for the good wishes but she is just not as good as some of those. That is why we were assigned the rail. She tried but the 58 and change half was a little too much for her. When there is only one field for the Billings, we all get lumped together and there can be a wide gap in the classes of the horses competing. We had fun though and will keep plugging.
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:47:06 AM »

The key word here is FUN.   Sometimes that gets forgotten.   The Billings Series is full of fine people, competitive sometimes to a fault, but nonetheless fine people that are 'having fun and that keep on plugging' away.    Tomorrow, Tuesday, its my turn at Scioto.  I hope the FUN is tied to a good performance!   Looking very much forward to racing at that track.
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »

Maybe the terd in the bike with the miserable 5% wins versus amateurs had something to do with it?  LOL.  Give us a break Verusso and just admit that you are a stinky driver that weighs down his horse so we can move on

Thanks for the good wishes but she is just not as good as some of those. That is why we were assigned the rail. She tried but the 58 and change half was a little too much for her. When there is only one field for the Billings, we all get lumped together and there can be a wide gap in the classes of the horses competing. We had fun though and will keep plugging.
FreeLegged

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »

Dude, thats just wrong. These guys are doing this because they love the sport.
Goliath

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 11:50:22 AM »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all know everyone has one!!!! The only thing is, I never said I was good. I said I enjoy it and have fun. Most people I drive for seem to think I do a good job handling their horses but winning more would certainly be a plus.
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 11:58:17 AM »

MOST PEOPLE YOU DRIVE FOR??? Thats sounds like Ron Pierce!!  MOST PEOPLE YOU DRIVE FOR?  ROFLMAO!  I LOOKED IT UP - YOU OWN ECONOMY SIZE! Yeah, I'm sure the people who you were driving for LOVED the way you handled THEIR horse.  Oh cmon, give us a break!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all know everyone has one!!!! The only thing is, I never said I was good. I said I enjoy it and have fun. Most people I drive for seem to think I do a good job handling their horses but winning more would certainly be a plus.
Goliath

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »

I think you are missing the point. We are Amateurs. Most people are satisfied their horse races and get a good safe trip. Winning is always the desired goal but not always the only thing in an amateur race where safety is also an issue. We do not do this for a living so it is not always smooth as silk out there. And I know I own Economy Size but if you look in the last few years I only drive her about half the time, so yes there are others.
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 12:25:36 PM »

Its an age-old problem.   There are those that confuse amateur with 'novice.'   Many 'amateurs' are excellent drivers and could, if they wanted to, do it for a living.   We amateurs in the Billings for example do it out of sheer love of the sport, competitive yes, but fun and a safe trip are foremost objectives.   Good finishes come eventually.  I don't win often either, BUT, as is the case with Goliath, we have accumulated a good number of points to place us forwardly in the point standings and that's what counts in the end.
There are some 'professionals' that have poor win percentages too, and some with even poorer in the money percentages.   I think we all know some that are soo good at it that they keep their percentages down while their income goes up.....
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »

Its an age-old problem.   There are those that confuse amateur with 'novice.'   Many 'amateurs' are excellent drivers and could, if they wanted to, do it for a living (Yeah.. many??  okay...name THREE and win valuable prizes).
We amateurs in the Billings for example do it out of sheer love of the sport, competitive yes, but fun and a safe trip are foremost objectives.   Good finishes come eventually.  I don't win often either, BUT, as is the case with Goliath, we have accumulated a good number of points to place us forwardly in the point standings and that's what counts in the end. YOU ACCUMULATE POINTS FOR SHOWING UP IDIOT

There are some 'professionals' that have poor win percentages too, and some with even poorer in the money percentages. THATS CUZ THEY ARE DRIVING AGAINST OTHER PROFESSIONALS... IF THEY GOT TO DRIVE AGAINST YOU THEY WOULD LOOK LIKE TIM TETRICK)   I think we all know some that are soo good at it that they keep their percentages down while their income goes up.....
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »

When folks don't know what they're talking about they tend to come across really funny, downright hysterical at times.   The previous post had me laughing out loud, almost rolling on the floor.  Thanks for the rib ticklers.   I needed a good laugh today......
FreeLegged

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 03:09:40 PM »

well, I probably should apologize for starting this thread. So, I am sorry.

My intentions were sincere.
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »

No need to apologize whatsoever!   There's always somebody hiding behind a keyboard that knows everything and is an expert on things even when they're not.  Most of the time, the ignorance shows through and we just chuckle at it.   Your thread was good, your intentions were noble, somebody just tried to derail it because they are all knowing, (even though their facts are dead-wrong) and they're trying to get a rise out of us.  Not going to happen.....
njhorseman

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »

well, I probably should apologize for starting this thread. So, I am sorry.

My intentions were sincere.

FreeLegged:

You should be honored that "Phlegm Wad" has seen fit to derail the thread. Usually he makes a quarterly appearance to attack me, and then disappears for another 3 months.
Congratulations on joining the "club".  Cheesy
Gb

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 03:23:50 PM »

He colors in red just like the daily dope too!!! LOL
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 06:53:30 PM »

Easy enough.  I said "name 3" he named none.  Case closed.  Lets ask the expert.  Hey Paulie - you know what a good driver is  - can you name 3 amateur drivers that you think are good enough to hammer out a living?
njhorseman

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 07:56:20 PM »

Easy enough.  I said "name 3" he named none.  Case closed.  Lets ask the expert.  Hey Paulie - you know what a good driver is  - can you name 3 amateur drivers that you think are good enough to hammer out a living?

I don't care if there are three amateurs who could make a living driving. As long as amateurs are racing against other amateurs, who cares? If you don't like them, don't even watch these races, much less bet them. No one's holding a gun to your head.
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »

cmon Paulie... I think you agree with me.    Michigan Dale said there are "many" amateur drivers who could make a living.  I said "name 3".  He named zero.    I cannot think of a single amateur driver who could make a living at it.  Can you?
njhorseman

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »

cmon Paulie... I think you agree with me.    Michigan Dale said there are "many" amateur drivers who could make a living.  I said "name 3".  He named zero.    I cannot think of a single amateur driver who could make a living at it.  Can you?

I can name at least one, Lella Mc Ilmurray.
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 08:18:46 PM »

I can name at least one, Lella Mc Ilmurray.

she hasn't sat behind a horse since 2003 and not enough drives even before that-bad answer.

I watch alot of eastern racing and have seen quite of few of the midwest people drive.  In the East, Schwartz and Markoff are far and away the best of the amateurs.  Niether of them are good enough to hammer out a living against any reasonable driving colony no matter how many live drives they got.
njhorseman

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 08:29:37 PM »

she hasn't sat behind a horse since 2003 and not enough drives even before that-bad answer.

I watch alot of eastern racing and have seen quite of few of the midwest people drive.  In the East, Schwartz and Markoff are far and away the best of the amateurs.  Niether of them are good enough to hammer out a living against any reasonable driving colony no matter how many live drives they got.

The question wasn't how many drives a person had, or when they last drove. Not only could Lella Mc Ilmurray have made a living at the "B" tracks, I think she could have been competitive in almost any driving colony.

It's not a bad answer...it's a good answer with a name you had forgotten.  Grin

AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »

Bud Hatfield

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »

The question wasn't how many drives a person had, or when they last drove. Not only could Lella Mc Ilmurray have made a living at the "B" tracks, I think she could have been competitive in almost any driving colony.

It's not a bad answer...it's a good answer with a name you had forgotten.  Grin

the original quote was not about deceased drivers and other names of the past.. the person was speaking of current drivers, so it was a bad answer.  So, unless you want to contribute to the conversation with something meaningful, fine.  Otherwise, take your inane drivel and go home with your miserable poorly-written book.
Phlegm Wad

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 09:03:09 PM »

Bud Hatfield

Bud Hatfield is good as an amateur but would starve if he ever tried to drive with real drivers race in, race out.  Besides, none of the pros in the midwest are making a living, so he couldnt either.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: