Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 11:34:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE DEVIL GETS HIS DUE  (Read 4297 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2005, 01:15:23 AM »

Goodbye, Tony.  You filled a void in no one hearts 10 years ago when you went from a mama's boy, bush-track lovin' scrounge to leading driver here overnight.  At 37, you took advantage ( a recurring theme your entire racing career) of the retirements of real drivers like Paisley and Busse, a mellower Magee, a suddenly clueless "salad tosser" and several asorted apathetic or braindead hanger's on and ran the show.  As of next week, the reign of terror is over and out.  Please enjoy Dover and its garbage product and archaic 5/8ths surface.  In your swan song weekend, you managed a paltry 2 for 19 or so, with both wins tallied at Ratwood.  You blew the public's cash and trust twice as much as that in 2 days.  It was amazing to see you actually get stung a first quarter at Balmoral tonight, rather than the usual "friendly slide-in" given by one of your "confederates".  Nice collar on the big night of Am-Nat elims.  I was especially proud of that gutting of Color Me Best you gave.  I surmise he ran one (or more) of your "lineups" over a time or two in the past and you fixed his wagon good tonight.  Excellent pull from the 3-hole with Sagebrush.  If you could read, you'd know the horse has been off-form and air-allergic of late, so getting off the safe rail and not simply following along for a better check must have interfered with yet another "plan B" of yours.  The 1/2 shot (Casimir Cammotion) doesn't even make the gate and you ripsaw your way to a Theopsy Moore check in a now reduced to 6 field - WELL DONE ! 
   Try not to fall asleep on the PA turnpike in your car as you cheap-foot it to Ben Dover.   Those Appalachian Mt. roads can twist and turn in a heartbeat.
  Oh , and one more thing - how much did you cash on that 5-4-6 Tri in the Galt when Sherrie's delight was given a no-try and are your stringers used to the SAMs at Dover yet ?  BYE BYE TC
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:38:18 PM by TC » Report to moderator   Logged
race track phil

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:21:58 AM »

WHY IS THE MAGGOT NOT DRIVING AT DOVER MONDAY OR TUESDAY ?  HE BETTER BE LEAVING ! HE HAS'NT TAKEN 2 DAYS OFF IN HIS LIFE .  I NEED PEACE OF MIND HE HAS TO GO QUICK I'M GETTING NERVOUS HE MAY CHANGE HIS MIND . I'M GETTING PARNOIDE NOW !  LEAVE LEAVE YOU BROWN MAGGOT !                RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
race track phil

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 01:26:04 AM »

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ? THE  MAGGOT IS LISTED TO DRIVE AT BALMORAL ON TUESDAY !          RTP
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 01:27:30 AM »

TC. Is it true that the Roll Eyes bug eyed girl monique is going to Dover also? I thought she was one of "GERRY'S KIDS", boy has Tony crawled in that BOX now too. Where is Tony's wife, never mind, now I no about the inbred thing. Wink
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 01:31:03 AM »

WHY IS THE MAGGOT NOT DRIVING AT DOVER MONDAY OR TUESDAY ?  HE BETTER BE LEAVING ! HE HAS'NT TAKEN 2 DAYS OFF IN HIS LIFE .  I NEED PEACE OF MIND HE HAS TO GO QUICK I'M GETTING NERVOUS HE MAY CHANGE HIS MIND . I'M GETTING PARNOIDE NOW !  LEAVE LEAVE YOU BROWN MAGGOT !                RTP
RTP, depending on whom you believe, the delay is to account for moving or because Dover wanted to put Tony on hold because Monique asked for a license and they didn't want tony setting up "business-as-usual" right off the jump.  In this scenario, Tony assured Dover one had 0 to do with the other.  Dover then said "OK, i'll let our horsemen know they can start listing you on Wednesday then".  Quite frankly, I don't know what to believe in this case  TC.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 01:36:28 AM »

TC. Is it true that the Roll Eyes bug eyed girl monique is going to Dover also? I thought she was one of "GERRY'S KIDS", boy has Tony crawled in that BOX now too. Where is Tony's wife, never mind, now I no about the inbred thing. Wink
No superman, Tony is strictly business - 24/7/365.  Monique and Gerry would be shuffling off to Ben Dover.  The track feared that this was the start of MORGANCO-East and he may have convinced them otherwise.  Old alliances never die, they just re-emerge when the rats muck things up and leave the listing ship -the very same one they helped sink to Davey Jone's Locker...and I'm not laughing.  TC 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 09:20:07 AM »

Alright TC, we know you hate Morgan.
Who will slip into the "void" of his leaving here and become the leader or leaders?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 09:34:15 AM »

Alright TC, we know you hate Morgan.
Who will slip into the "void" of his leaving here and become the leader or leaders?
Everyone thinks "Howdy Doody" will, but he goes where Odds On offers him to and if they're gonna let a 23 year old become "puppetmaster", they're as dumb as the guy who stuck a 6 claimer race between two prestigious stakes races - LOL  P.S. To the "Garden Gnome's" credit, he's mentally and physically prepared himself by winning in buckets leading up to the "Exodus of Shame" by El Diablo.  TC
njhorseman

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 11:51:50 AM »

Please enjoy Dover and its garbage product and archaic 5/8ths surface. 

TC:
I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to be spending a lot of time watching that "garbage product" on the "archaic 5/8ths surface," because you're not going to be able to resist the urge to see how your favorite driver is doing.

If not, you'll be making 87.5% fewer post here, and you're going to have way too much free time on your hands.  Grin
Dan Nance

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 12:12:50 PM »

Nice drive inside the pylons with Ruckers horse. You know the one he claimed off your friend Brooks. Or was that your horse?

Rucker is the dumb one for putting you up to drive. Was that a payback for some reason? And also with Sagebrush? One has to wonder. Board member buddies no longer.

TC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 12:45:46 PM »

TC:
I have a sneaking suspicion you're going to be spending a lot of time watching that "garbage product" on the "archaic 5/8ths surface," because you're not going to be able to resist the urge to see how your favorite driver is doing.

If not, you'll be making 87.5% fewer post here, and you're going to have way too much free time on your hands.  Grin
Paul, I will watch Dover to check and see how the new lighting system helps and the Progress and Matron races, but reruns of "King of the Hill" on Mondays and Tuesdays are more fun for me than watching overnights at Dover.  Once your beloved track starts back up in a couple of weeks, the thought that racing even exists in DE will creep further and further to the recesses of my rusted beanbox - LOL.  Plus, I'm still rearranging all these inbred satellite dishes at the home office.  Al Jazeera, anyone ? LOL TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 01:36:55 PM »

they're as dumb as the guy who stuck a 6 claimer race between two prestigious stakes races - LOL

Am I the only one that thinks this was a shrewd way to make a six handle about $50k more?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 01:49:24 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks this was a shrewd way to make a six handle about $50k more?

Best,
EW
EW, I leave the number crunching to energetic young go-getters like yourself.  Did the numbers support your theory ?  If so, that mitigates my dismay somewhat.  It's still a $6,000 iron sulfide nugget in amongst their one true good card of the year.  JMO TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 02:08:31 PM »

EW, I leave the number crunching to energetic young go-getters like yourself.  Did the numbers support your theory ?  If so, that mitigates my dismay somewhat.  It's still a $6,000 iron sulfide nugget in amongst their one true good card of the year.  JMO TC

There's two competing angles here, and there's really no way to "prove" either of them -- because it's impossible to ever really know what people think...but here's how I see the two ways of looking at it:

1. you cram the cheap race in between two good ones, to artificially increase the handle (which it did).

2. after the Windy City Pace, which will draw the eyes and ears of many,  you put up the best you've got for as long as you've got.  In hope, people will glance ahead, decide to stick with the card -- and maybe even play more Maywood in the future... (no way to ever know)

IMO, I only play based on the angles, speed, pace, and overlays.  Could be a two claimer, could be the BC classic...but as a bettor, I don't care.  I know other feel the same way -- and most of these "others" probably handle a majority of the handle.  Option #2 doesn't affect them.

But!  Who does it affect?  There are folks out there, across North America, playing strictly for action, and in all honestly, "gambling" instead of "investing."  These are the folks that you can possibly hook with method #2.  Only problem is that they'd play anything any time, so maybe you really won't keep them...

The big difficulty, IMO, of dealing with gamblers is that, for the most part, they ARE NOT RATIONAL.  Basically, every theory about consumers goes right out the window -- haha.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 03:25:40 PM »

TC:

No worry NJ. The Tony haters will cash 0% more tickets with Tony gone. A new demon must be created. Pace of posting will not slack only the target will change.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 04:40:23 PM »

If one were to believe what they read about Morgan here, you'd think he was the Vince McMahon of Chicago racing.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 04:58:04 PM »

If one were to believe what they read about Morgan here, you'd think he was the Vince McMahon of Chicago racing.
Interesting analogy.  I was going to laugh at first, but after (s)pensive (Doug Larsen aboard-LOL) thought, good darn analogy.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 05:01:03 PM »

Okay, you know we disagree on that one but, in  your opinion with Morgan gone, what will be the change in racing here?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 05:15:36 PM »

It may get worse.  Watch who is giving holes easily to whom.  Someone last night even commented that TM has named a "successor" to carry on his ways.  Another interesting hypothesis.  If Oosting and Tetrick battle for top dog, it gives the other young bucks a shot at picking up good drives.  Rod Jr., this is where you should be paying attention. (Note : Jr. don't do that "salad tossing" motion I demonstrated for you in the driver's room if DH is around.  Nothing can be gained from that - LOL).  The way Oosting is going now, I see maximum effort, hard work both on and off the pace, and he's older than some who view the game as nothing more than an ATM/ SAM machine combo.  From a sociological standpoint, give a 23 year-old farmboy a pocket full of dollars and see if the boy can return to the farm (spiritually, of course).  Tough task.  JMO. 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 05:21:10 PM »

I know you're reall sold on your theory on Morgan but.........
Named a successor?Huh?
C'mon??
Maybe you are mixing this up with WWF?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 05:34:52 PM »

Named a successor?Huh?
C'mon??
Wait a minute, I said someone else, not me, on the successor angle.  You brought up the WWF angle, so...bottom line is as I said last night, someone may trust someone else to "roadblock" or so forth, but no one at that level turns the keys to the kingdom over and hands out patents in moneymaking for free. Not Carlton Sheets, not Benny Hinn, no one -LOL.  JMO.  TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 06:18:35 PM »

Named a successor?Huh?
C'mon??

I heard a story.

In 10 years Tony will have a hammer lock on racing at every track in North America with a string of successors at tracks he left behind. They will pass earnings up through the ranks to top dog Tony just like the sopranos. First Chicago. Now Dover. Tomorow New Jersey. Next week Woodbine. That is how sharp he is. Watch.
race track phil

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 12:08:51 AM »

I heard tony's a little hot at harmer for not putting him up on he wants it all .  tony wanted one more big win ! too bad ! the finals no morgan ! this guy has a lot of nerve , turning his back on chicago racing and expects to be put up on harmers horse . plus they think he tanked sherries delight .
                     GOODBYE DEVIL !        RTP
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 12:15:56 AM »

i dont see why tony would tank that horse.. there was no reason for it! ... thats like saying JC stiffs in the meadowlands pace every year ... not likely!

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
race track phil

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 12:20:22 AM »

JUST MAYBE HE WAS MAD AT HARMER !  POSSIBLE ! ITS HAPPENED BEFORE , YOU NEVER KNOW ! 
                                         RTP
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: