Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 02:00:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new nut at Maywood !  (Read 2396 times)
race track phil

« on: August 21, 2007, 01:58:14 PM »

I've been going to Maywood Park for a long long time and I probably have seen every nut there has been . The program beaters , The talk to yourself guys , The guys who put there face in the T V while rooting and even one guy who use to run down the stretch with the horses at SPK . The new nut at Maywood roams around the favorites bar and when his horse is in the hunt he starts clapping like a seal for a fish and as he's clapping he lowers himself closer to the floor and moves like he's shuffling away at each call of the race .  Its really something to see !  When his horse loses he calmly walks around like he's normal shaking his head . I must admit seeing this kind of a nut always gives me a laugh no matter how much I'm losing ! My new favorite nut .

RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
FreeLegged

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »

this is funny. LOL do some degenerates really do this stuff?
Lockjaw

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »

I love the guys, and they're at every track, who yell, "Yea! six-two, six-two, as the horses are coming down the stretch."  When any other horse(s) catches the two, the six or both, you hear, "Yea!" with an amended call to match the actual finish. Sometimes these guys are embarrassed when they get the call wrong (7 looks like a 1), but the out is usually, "I had 'em boxed anyway."
njhorseman

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »

I think I've done every one of those things, and more.  Cheesy
Tsunami

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 07:13:09 PM »

I was at Oakbrook a couple of Saturdays ago and watching the race with Blagoevich and some guy was screaming Yah!! Yah!!! Yah!!! as there coming down the lane as if he was actually driving the horse. It was the best thing I have heard in a long time.

I think it is a given you have to be nuts to enjoy harness racing. 
FreeLegged

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »

I was at Oakbrook a couple of Saturdays ago and watching the race with Blagoevich and some guy was screaming Yah!! Yah!!! Yah!!! as there coming down the lane as if he was actually driving the horse. It was the best thing I have heard in a long time.

this is some of the funniest stuff of all time. LOL

I love posts like this./
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 07:25:52 PM »

Come to Freehold, and you'll see me doing a lot of wheel disc shots with my program, not to mention leaning back in the bike and high-lining with one hand to keep the horse on the bit.  Shocked
FreeLegged

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:29:12 PM »

you nut. you dont do that do you?  Cheesy

arent you afraid others are watching you?

or does everyone else do it too, so you fit right in with the crowd?

njhorseman

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 07:30:56 PM »

you nut. you dont do that do you?  Cheesy

arent you afraid others are watching you?

or does everyone else do it too, so you fit right in with the crowd?

I sit with a select group of friends and former partners who humor me.  Cheesy
cardshark

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 07:33:43 PM »

Come to Freehold, and you'll see me doing a lot of wheel disc shots with my program, not to mention leaning back in the bike and high-lining with one hand to keep the horse on the bit.  Shocked
  You have to let me know when you do this I might make my way down to watch. Cheesy
NIATROSS

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 07:53:56 PM »

this is funny. LOL do some degenerates really do this stuff?

Yes  " WE ALL DO IT " .I have had friends hear me in HARRAH'S LAS VEGAS  while they were playing the slots or at the other  end of the stretch at BALMORAL.Nothing like a double digit winner to pump up the blood pressure.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
njhorseman

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »

You have to let me know when you do this I might make my way down to watch. Cheesy

If a certain horse ever races at Freehold, you can be sure I'll be doing it.  Wink

Even if he doesn't race there, starting in late September I should be at Freehold most Wednesdays and Saturdays.
FreeLegged

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 09:31:23 PM »

If a certain horse ever races at Freehold, you can be sure I'll be doing it.  Wink

Even if he doesn't race there, starting in late September I should be at Freehold most Wednesdays and Saturdays.

I am going to take a road trip in Sept and come down to freehold. this is worth the trip.

How the heck much are sodas there?   Cheesy
njhorseman

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »

How the heck much are sodas there?   Cheesy

So much that if I don't hit the daily double I have to go thirsty!
 Shocked
FreeLegged

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 09:58:07 PM »

I will figure out a saturday in Sept to come down to see you.

Maybe I can talk Buffalo Boy into joining me.

Heck, maybe we'll really live it up and bring along the case man.   Shocked
njhorseman

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 07:35:13 AM »

I will figure out a saturday in Sept to come down to see you.

Maybe I can talk Buffalo Boy into joining me.

Heck, maybe we'll really live it up and bring along the case man.   Shocked

September 29 is the only Saturday I will be there. However, I should be there most every Saturday thereafter.

By the way, don't expect me to act like a nut case in front of strangers.  Shocked
FreeLegged

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »

we're not strangers, we're all friends. my little video recording device that I will have with me, will not be on, so feel free to really let loose.    Cheesy
Dan Villeky

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 10:49:01 AM »

I, unfortunately have one of these "nuts" in the family.
The wife will almost never bet (with her own money ) but when she does she will make the most outrageous, illogical wagers imaginable.
It happened again Monday night at the Red Mile when she cashed a win ticket on the elevnth race. Everyone of us who shared the box knew that something was up when she began to mumble something that sounded like "teacher". It soon became a full blown scream "c'mon preacher'!!!! Thought for a moment that she had found religion ( lot's of baptists in the area ).
Turned out she had a win ticket on a 113 - 1 winner. A totally ridiculous, illogical bet. I couldn't have touched it with her money. She also had that horse coupled with a 150 - 1 shot in an exacta box. For the life of me I don't know about this old girl.
Thank goodness the 150 - 1 shot broke early. I COULD NOT have stood to sit next to her during the ride home. That would have taken down the entire exacta pool, as meager as they are at the Red Mile.
FreeLegged

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 12:23:09 PM »

this is some funny stuff.
race track phil

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 02:10:12 PM »

Dan ,   
                      I like that your wife bet a real longshot and she had a good reason to root hard for her horse .  This is a true story my first wife and I were going thru some difficult financial times because I didn't work and she wasn't either .  We were in our 2nd year of marriage and alls I did was play pool and lose what ever I won at the track usually . the rent was late and the other bills overdue and I had about 60 dollars that I won playing pool the night before , so it was time to go to the track and try to win the rent . I was down to 30 dollars and I like this horse named Bit O Creed with Johnny Blevins at
30-1   so I bet the whole 30 and there coming down the stetch and he loooks like the winner and I'm yelling come Bit O Creed all of a sudden another horse the favorite at 2-1 is making a big close and my wife starts screaming for the 2 horse and jumping up and down like a nut . I'm yelling and rooting and she's drowning me out yelling for her horse !  You know the wind up her horse nails me at the wire and she's clutching that winning 2 dollar ticket with a big smile ! I gave her a look that would scare most people and told her go pay the rent now with your 6 dollars you won . I knew at that moment anybody that stupid is not the one for me to go thru life with !   

I divorced her 2 months later ! 

It turned out to be the best bet I ever lost .

RTP     maroon
Dan Villeky

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

Great story Phil !
Were it not for true life adventures and tales the world would be a dull place.
My first would have never been caught dead at something as low as a racetrack but Judy is a jewel. She can clean a stall a hell of a lot faster and do a better job at it than I can. She has even trained one or two in our years together. Stop watch inside her noggin.
A true jewel  beer  beer
race track phil

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »

Great story Phil !
Were it not for true life adventures and tales the world would be a dull place.
My first would have never been caught dead at something as low as a racetrack but Judy is a jewel. She can clean a stall a hell of a lot faster and do a better job at it than I can. She has even trained one or two in our years together. Stop watch inside her noggin.
A true jewel  beer  beer

Dan ,      I'm glad the 2nd time you landed a jewel sounds like a great lady .

You are right about adventures in life .  I have had many and cant
wait for the next one . 
                                         RTP
FreeLegged

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 03:17:06 PM »

You are right about adventures in life .  I have had many and cant
wait for the next one . 

This is how I feel about women.

Cheesy
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 03:32:59 PM »

I guess you can say I have been a program slapper at times but only if I know I'm making a big lick  Wink  I thought all the hand clappers were at OakBrook but I guess not, I'll have to stop by one night Phil and see whats new over there. 

trotter

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
SONG CYCLE 5/8THS

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 06:34:52 PM »

once seen 2 nuns in old spk's clubhouse..holding rosaries and praying for each others horse to win..truth......respect
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: