Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 12:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: followups  (Read 2731 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »

It was no longer about the original topic so I split the thread off on its own.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »

It was no longer about the original topic so I split the thread off on its own.

I see. What topic was it under? The Joe D. topic? Also, you can thank Dick Breath for taking it off topic. 
Richard Breth

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »

I see. What topic was it under? The Joe D. topic? Also, you can thank Dick Breath for taking it off topic. 

It was under the Tery Hunt subject. I posted some numbers he talked about. Handle number splits. You posted attack on me. Fun began. Thanks to YOU! Its all still at the top of this subject for anyone to see.
Dan Nance

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »

It was under the Tery Hunt subject. I posted some numbers he talked about. Handle number splits. You posted attack on me. Fun began. Thanks to YOU! Its all still at the top of this subject for anyone to see.

You call it an attact because I said you must be a management person? That's an opinion not an attack!
Richard Breth

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 02:31:36 PM »

You call it an attact because I said you must be a management person? That's an opinion not an attack!

You wrote your "opinion" I am not who I say. Implication is I am a liar. Had nothing to do with the subject being discussed which was mutual tax. Thats an attack and derailing a thread.

If you want better threads on the forum quit dumping in unrelated opionions about people writing.
Dan Nance

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »

You wrote your "opinion" I am not who I say. Implication is I am a liar. Had nothing to do with the subject being discussed which was mutual tax. Thats an attack and derailing a thread.

If you want better threads on the forum quit dumping in unrelated opionions about people writing.

Then you should practice what you preach!
Richard Breth

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 02:57:05 PM »

Then you should practice what you preach!

We can do a deal. I wont attack you personaly. I will still say some thing about an idea or fact you wrote but no personal attck. No comment about Dan ***. Can you do the same?
fineline

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »

I have been telling you people for almost to  2years I called  it a cancer money bet from within the state on the state races and comes back a lot less revenue no one except Tom W listen and did some research My figures showed the change in where the money came was 22000 a night it cost horseman and track.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 05:54:03 PM »

Let's see- how about the track owners put up an OTB in EVERY neighborhood  and then see how many people come out to the track. The price of gas, location of the track, traffic,  all kinds of problems contribute to the loss of ON-TRACK handle. But there is NO incentive to going to the track live.  Add to that the horsemen get a different cut of the gimmick pools than the WPS pools. The horsemen screwed themselves, or rather a certain few absolutely did. Approving  the MANY OTBs, recapture and the different cuts of the pools certainly hurt(killed) the horsemen. And I seem to remember Langley, and Duncan Price specifically, telling horsemen what a GREAT deal they were getting. Am I the only one who remembers Langley going around and talking up the full card simulcasting as a fantastic idea? That's where recapture came into the picture. Only an IDIOT would think that if you offer 10 tracks to bet on instead of one, you're live track handle won't go down.But that's what the general horsemen were led to believe. I guess that you could say they were duped. And guess by WHO??
Richard Breth

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 06:02:26 PM »

Let's see- how about the track owners put up an OTB in EVERY neighborhood  and then see how many people come out to the track. The price of gas, location of the track, traffic,  all kinds of problems contribute to the loss of ON-TRACK handle. But there is NO incentive to going to the track live.  Add to that the horsemen get a different cut of the gimmick pools than the WPS pools. The horsemen screwed themselves, or rather a certain few absolutely did. Approving  the MANY OTBs, recapture and the different cuts of the pools certainly hurt(killed) the horsemen. And I seem to remember Langley, and Duncan Price specifically, telling horsemen what a GREAT deal they were getting. Am I the only one who remembers Langley going around and talking up the full card simulcasting as a fantastic idea? That's where recapture came into the picture. Only an IDIOT would think that if you offer 10 tracks to bet on instead of one, you're live track handle won't go down.But that's what the general horsemen were led to believe. I guess that you could say they were duped. And guess by WHO??

Remeber full card being more horseman idea. Presented that way in the news. If tracks wanted it why were they so worried they added recapture?

Had to come either way. If it didnt everyone at OTBs and inter track would stay home to bet those other tracks on computer or phone. People already betting other tracks on Phildelphia Phone Bet then.

Too much pointing fingers back in the past on this forum anyhow. Whats done is done cant turn back time and force people to go back to the track to bet only Illinois.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 06:44:27 PM »

Full card simucasting was inspired by Langley and recapture was his insurance. The horsemen who pushed for it were Langley stooges. And as for the past being the past-that's the only way to predict the future. And I agree, full card simulcasting was going to come no matter what, but the horsemen could have gotten a BETTER deal than Johnston/Langley offered. And while "what's done is done" is true, you CAN UNDO the wrongs that have occured.Meaning that the horsemen HAVE to get a more equitable share of the pools and the cuts. The total pie isn't that much less, it's that the horsemen are getting quite a bit smaller share of it. AND, I doubt, an honest count of it. Meanwhile,Johnston/Langley make millions while the horsemen get shafted. And if they aren't- why do they push for MORE dates??? If they were losing money you better believe they would be shutting down. Ala SPK. And just wondering-how long does a racetrack have to NOT race for it not to be considered a racetrack. I mean
Dan Nance

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 06:50:04 PM »

Full card simucasting was inspired by Langley and recapture was his insurance. The horsemen who pushed for it were Langley stooges. And as for the past being the past-that's the only way to predict the future. And I agree, full card simulcasting was going to come no matter what, but the horsemen could have gotten a BETTER deal than Johnston/Langley offered. And while "what's done is done" is true, you CAN UNDO the wrongs that have occured.Meaning that the horsemen HAVE to get a more equitable share of the pools and the cuts. The total pie isn't that much less, it's that the horsemen are getting quite a bit smaller share of it. AND, I doubt, an honest count of it. Meanwhile,Johnston/Langley make millions while the horsemen get shafted. And if they aren't- why do they push for MORE dates??? If they were losing money you better believe they would be shutting down. Ala SPK. And just wondering-how long does a racetrack have to NOT race for it not to be considered a racetrack. I mean

Now here's someone who knows the score and knows what they are talking about!
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 06:53:01 PM »

Continued-. I mean QCD still has betting parlors, SPK still has betting parlors, why can't Aurora Downs have some betting parlors?? Is it infinity?? Are there any limits?? Talk about a license to steal.  We have NO track, but we have betting parlors all over. Could it be corruption??? Maybe *** is right. Maybe the Feds should be looking into what politicians are on whose payroll. Worries, Tricky Dick?Huh PL/WJ???

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2006, 08:20:58 PM »

As has been mentioned before, QCD was grandfathered in to the law.  Sportsman's is still running, they merged with Hawthorne to form Hawthorne National.  They were basically pushed into that by the IRB.

If Aurora wants OTBs, someone needs to get a law written to allow it.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 11:31:49 PM »

Why were they PUSHED into it?? And isn't the IRB's job to REGULATE racing not "push,suggest demand" things FOR the racetracks? If you run your track into the ground, you should be the one suffering, not making big bucks. If they aren't racing at YOUR track(and haven't in years) then how can there be BETTING PARLORS for your track? They need to change the laws. And why aren't the horsemen trying to limit OTBs?  Or at least trying to change their cut? Why can't Aurora Downs get "grandfathered in"? And since Sportsmans and Hawthorne have merged, why don't they have the SAME parlors?? And they should be limited to however many parlors ONE track is allowed. More corruption??
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2006, 01:41:14 AM »

Why were they PUSHED into it??

Someone else may remember more, but basically they thought it was a duplication.  Why have two neighboring tracks going after the same horses.  Combine them into one and you save money.

If they aren't racing at YOUR track(and haven't in years) then how can there be BETTING PARLORS for your track? They need to change the laws.

The agreement was they wouldn't lose the advantages of having a track if they agreed to the merger.

And why aren't the horsemen trying to limit OTBs?  Or at least trying to change their cut? Why can't Aurora Downs get "grandfathered in"?

Why should they limit OTBs, the tracks haven't opened all the ones agreed to originally.  I think it's only about half of them.

Has Aurora Downs asked for OTBs?

And since Sportsmans and Hawthorne have merged, why don't they have the SAME parlors?? And they should be limited to however many parlors ONE track is allowed. More corruption??

See above, that was part of agreeing to merge.

Nothing's happened for months at Sportsman's, not since they finished taking down the hayloft.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: