Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 08:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we be civil again?  (Read 2427 times)
Jim C

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2005, 12:59:50 AM »

I do not know how the rest of you feel but in MHO this forum has been going downhill a lot as of late thanks to the use of off color language, personal attacks and just plain junk that has nothing to do with racing. There are many people and posters who wont even log on anymore due to the attitude this forum has taken on. Its not fun anymore, its not informative anymore and its just not enjoyable to read or be involved in anymore. Something needs to be done to get this thing back on track and cleaned up. Its become nothing more than a cyber schoolyard and its just plain boring.
Report to moderator   Logged
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:05:52 AM »

Thanks Jim C. for your informative update. But until the time comes that Cheats being Calabresse and Catalano can be put in check,you will never hear anything civil from me. And If you want to apoligize for the cheating industry that's your right. BUT RESPECT MINE ALSO.
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 01:18:50 AM »

Jim C. And I might add. You constanstly ad others who you say won't post always look positively. You and them see nothing wrong. I on the other hand am betting everyday. I'm a bettor not a owner. Bettors see things that you cheats try to get away with. You would like individuals like me to let you pass. That ain't happenning. I'm your watchdog. And if it ain't me,it will be someone else. And I can list 100 cheating ways you people get it done. And I learn every day. As I said on a previous post. What's this new shit with double blinkers. I will not stop until the corruption stops. And that will never be. Thank You.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 12:50:28 PM »

I do not know how the rest of you feel but in MHO this forum has been going downhill a lot as of late thanks to the use of off color language, personal attacks and just plain junk that has nothing to do with racing. There are many people and posters who wont even log on anymore due to the attitude this forum has taken on. Its not fun anymore, its not informative anymore and its just not enjoyable to read or be involved in anymore. Something needs to be done to get this thing back on track and cleaned up. Its become nothing more than a cyber schoolyard and its just plain boring.

I second the motion.

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 01:54:29 PM »

Jim C. And I might add. You constanstly ad others who you say won't post always look positively. You and them see nothing wrong. I on the other hand am betting everyday. I'm a bettor not a owner. Bettors see things that you cheats try to get away with. You would like individuals like me to let you pass. That ain't happenning. I'm your watchdog. And if it ain't me,it will be someone else. And I can list 100 cheating ways you people get it done. And I learn every day. As I said on a previous post. What's this new shit with double blinkers. I will not stop until the corruption stops. And that will never be. Thank You.

If you are JUST a bettor, you don't have a damn clue what's going on.  You can try to stare at the screen and guess -- but in reality -- NO CLUE.

So...you are either more than a bettor, or just another clueless fellow.

BTW- I'm not implying that I know a darn thing...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 12:51:35 AM »

John you can look and watch all you want, I really do not care as I have nothing to hide from you or anyone else, the more eyes the better as far as I am concerned. But that has nothing to do with the use of off color language, personal attacks or just yapping about who played what amount of money on a pick 4. No one is interested in that or cares to read post after post about it either. However, if you are going to call me personally a cheat, you better have some darn good proof of it because you will need it if you keep calling me a cheat on a  public forum such as this.

All I am saying, asking really, is that there be some glimmer of maturity in the posts and comments that are made on here. I do not see why that should be too tough of a request for grown people to agree.
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 02:16:55 AM »

Gotta admit, the angry rants about people and things not related to people on the forum have me pretty burned out here.  I try very hard to avoid people at the track that seem to scream out like they are yelling at various demons that only they can see/know/feel.  Defintely don't want those people yelling, or even muttering that stuff in my face at the track or OTB.  So it gets pretty old reading it on my PC at home, which is why I don't spend much time here, and don't read everything, and defintely post less.  Besides, over the last 3 years or so, in the 'previous forums' we've pretty much covered everything ad nausem.  Keeping up with current events is good.  Even then, don't get too good, too deep, too helpful, or too personal, or the insult/assult artists will pop out, about as enjoyable as people who talk to the screen, and/or fart, at the movie theatre. 

Admittely, even I might scream (at home, not on Forum) if I read any more long posts about 'Riverboats vs. Not To Riverboat', but I've pretty much stopped reading those after the first 2-3 sentences when I can't take reading about it again.  No matter how thoughtful and civil those posts and posters may be.
TommyCh

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 11:39:57 AM »

Got to agree with you, Jim C. If you go back into the posts from last week, there's no discussion of the Breeders Cup or any of the BC horses, except for LOTG, who didn't even get in. I had a couple of posts written, but erased them before sending, figuring why bother. I suppose in the Spring, the AP-Haw debate will rage again, but so what? And John Frank has jumped the shark higher than a five-year-old can of tuna. Kind of disappointing, because I would have liked to hear more BC opinions.
jcolby

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 01:52:49 PM »

And I also second the motion. Did I not just read in the regulations for this forum that scurrilous, defamatory and foul language are prohibited? Let's see some enforcement. It seems to me that just a few people are guilty of the above and their comments add little or nothing to this discussion site. I used to troll this site regularly but in recent months have rarely done so due to the above.
First Samurai

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 04:18:44 PM »

kum-by-ya my friend kum-by-ya
Man I hated that song.
Without John Frank here I'd had never jumped through the hoops to re-sign on to this board.
Lord of the Game and Sorcerer's crap what happened Jim? Did that race in Lexington come up tougher than the BC Classic?

Turn the page.......
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 05:43:58 PM »

Without John Frank here I'd had never jumped through the hoops to re-sign on to this board.

What hoops did you have to jump through? It took me about 90 seconds to get registered on this software. John Frank says he had trouble, too.
Dan Nance

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 07:31:37 PM »

What hoops did you have to jump through? It took me about 90 seconds to get registered on this software. John Frank says he had trouble, too.

I don't believe a word you're saying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: