Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 12:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GEORGE FOREMAN  (Read 1354 times)
MWG

« on: July 31, 2007, 08:27:43 AM »

I see where one of George Foreman's 2YO's won his first race at Tioga Downs on 7/23, capturing a ( $ 26,565 ) 2YO C-G Geers Stake race. The colt, Major Duke (Art Major - Carolache - Kiev Hanover), trained by George Teague, was driven to victory by James A. Morrill Jr., in the time of 1:57:4 on a very sloppy track. This was the colt's first actual race after an earlier qualifier at M1 in 1:55:3. The colt's next scheduled race is on 8/02 at Saratoga in a   $ 37,000 NYSS race. Congrats to the Georges (Foreman & Teague) on their promising NY-bred 2YOC.
Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »

I see where one of George Foreman's 2YO's won his first race at Tioga Downs on 7/23, capturing a ( $ 26,565 ) 2YO C-G Geers Stake race. The colt, Major Duke (Art Major - Carolache - Kiev Hanover), trained by George Teague, was driven to victory by James A. Morrill Jr., in the time of 1:57:4 on a very sloppy track. This was the colt's first actual race after an earlier qualifier at M1 in 1:55:3. The colt's next scheduled race is on 8/02 at Saratoga in a   $ 37,000 NYSS race. Congrats to the Georges (Foreman & Teague) on their promising NY-bred 2YOC.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Teague continues to perform and what a treat to have Foreman in the game.
njhorseman

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:55:22 AM »

Big George will be at the Meadowlands on Saturday to present the Hambletonian trophy to the race winner.
FreeLegged

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:57:44 AM »

is NJ horseman going to be at big M saturday>?
MWG

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Teague continues to perform and what a treat to have Foreman in the game.

Like you, Niatross, I think harness racing is very fortunate to have a class guy like George Foreman not only involved in the sport as an owner but now a leading spokesperson for the sport, in general. I'm sure there are very few Americans, men and women alike, who do not know who Foreman is or the products he represents. He, also, can command major press reporting at any time. I'd like to see the sport parlay off Foreman even more from his popularity and respectabilty. He seems so enthused about harness racing and his ever-present optimistic attitude is what the sport of harness racing is so, sadly, lacking. I thought I read, somewhere, where George will be participating in Hambletonian Day events. As to the other George, Teague that is, nothing more needs to be said - now, firmly established as one of the major developers of 2 & 3 YOs in the nation.
MWG

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »

Big George will be at the Meadowlands on Saturday to present the Hambletonian trophy to the race winner.

Thanks for the info, look forward to seeing BIG GEORGE in the winners circle.
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 09:09:33 AM »

I was there last Saturday for the eliminations. I planned to be there this week until I found out that this year's post time for the Hambletonian is about an hour and a half later (about 4:15) than it has been in past years due to TV coverage starting later. Unfortunately, that will make it difficult for me to get to where I'm going that evening on time, so it looks like I'll just stay home and watch the race on TV.
FreeLegged

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 09:10:57 AM »

I would like to go but too far to travel for me.
MWG

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 09:16:55 AM »

How far for you Freelegged ? About 4.5 hours for me.
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 09:18:39 AM »

It's not nearly as exciting as it was when the Hambletonian was raced in heats. I remember the first year at the Meadowlands, when Shiaway St. Pat won on a dreary, drizzly day.

Even when they eliminated true heat racing and went to eliminations and final on the same day it was a more exciting event than it is today. When the elims were put a week earlier, the race became more of the "Meadowlands Trot" than the Hambletonian.

I never missed the race when it was in heats, or even elims and final on the same day. Since it went to the current format I always go to the eliminations, but I've probably stayed home and watched the final on TV as often as I've gone to the track to see it live.
FreeLegged

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 09:27:47 AM »

How far for you Freelegged ? About 4.5 hours for me.

mapquest shows it as 2 hrs and 50 mins.
but I dont think they ever factor in traffic jams.
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:29:45 AM »

George doesn't do this primarily because he's dedicated to promoting the industry.

His appearances are fee-based and he has a minimum.

Last year his fees were donated partially to local charities and partially to his deemed charities.

The Hambletonian Society pays the fee.

Regards Don
burton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 09:43:49 AM »

How long until George Foreman argues with Dan Nance on horsepoop?
MWG

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 10:58:49 AM »

How long until George Foreman argues with Dan Nance on horsepoop?

I'm sure that whatever success Foreman experiences in harness racing, it will not match the Nance's success, per Dan Nance. I can just hear the Nances now "we never had any big money-owners like Foreman", if "we had we would have done better than Harmer, Miller, etc.etc.". To which, my response would be - "why didn't you ?". Usually, big-money owners gravitate to successful trainers; if the Nances were so successful as they claim, why did others get the big owners and they didn't ? From what I have observed, I have a distinct feeling that the Nances didn't attract big-money owners not due to their lack of training expertise (obviously they were talented per many testimonials ) but due to the part of their anatomy that lies between their nose and their chin - their MOUTH. I can see Dan Nance going to Foreman or vice versa and Dan, per his stated philosophy about owners, would say " George, just give us your money to use, and then just shut up, we're going to do it our way, we'll call you when the horse is ready to win ". Yeah right !! Like these owners are going to invest $ 500K in horses and not play some role in the horse's career planning. Dream on Mr. Nance, with your philosophy and lack of personal communication skills, you sealed your ultimate fate in the sport.
race track phil

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 12:00:48 PM »

Big George now here's a guy you cant help but like nothing but class and just a plain good person !   I hope he does well in business . I watch that program american inventor and George is such a good person when someone has a stupid invention he never offends them and usually says he would buy the invention he just cant hurt peoples feelings and is absolutely sincere . I have to say that I give this guy more credit than any modern day athlete for someone are youngsters should look up and admire .

RTP
MWG

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »

Big George now here's a guy you cant help but like nothing but class and just a plain good person !   I hope he does well in business . I watch that program american inventor and George is such a good person when someone has a stupid invention he never offends them and usually says he would buy the invention he just cant hurt peoples feelings and is absolutely sincere . I have to say that I give this guy more credit than any modern day athlete for someone are youngsters should look up and admire .

RTP

RTP - I agree - a real role model. Just goes to show that "good" things happen to "good" people. Love to see this guy do some national promotional ads for the sport.
Double Joker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »

RTP
     thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up                         flag clover
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: